PDA

View Full Version : Everquest and why I think I keep coming back

rusty81
06-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Well, I downloaded EQ2 played it tonight blah blah...

What I noticed and I have noticed this in all of today's MMOs.

gear is everywhere you constantly upgrade your gear but in Classic EQ gear is rare you can wear garbage cloth up to max gear isnt a given it is earned. And that is why i think i always come back to eq

well thats all i got go fuck yourselves Beer.

snufzaimoverlord
06-05-2015, 10:28 PM
You come back to EQ cause like most of us it was a first dose of Heroin (mmos), and you are chasing the nostalgia dragon.

rusty81
06-05-2015, 10:44 PM
You come back to EQ cause like most of us it was a first dose of Heroin (mmos), and you are chasing the nostalgia dragon.

Never seen a dragon

georgie
06-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Lack discipline

UnfeteredOne
06-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Well, I downloaded EQ2 played it tonight blah blah...

What I noticed and I have noticed this in all of today's MMOs.

gear is everywhere you constantly upgrade your gear but in Classic EQ gear is rare you can wear garbage cloth up to max gear isnt a given it is earned. And that is why i think i always come back to eq

well thats all i got go fuck yourselves Beer.

That's because games like EQ2 do gear in tiers, so once your out of tier 1 you better have tier 2 gear ready or you get left behind. Tier gear is bad.
EQ you can have a great item at say level 10, a GBS for example, and you can still be rocking that bad boy at level 50. Gear is relevant in this game like no other MMO, and for that reason its a better game.
Yeah so some lowbies get twinked because of this system, but its still the best system.

Glenzig
06-06-2015, 01:09 PM
That's because games like EQ2 do gear in tiers, so once your out of tier 1 you better have tier 2 gear ready or you get left behind. Tier gear is bad.
EQ you can have a great item at say level 10, a GBS for example, and you can still be rocking that bad boy at level 50. Gear is relevant in this game like no other MMO, and for that reason its a better game.
Yeah so some lowbies get twinked because of this system, but its still the best system.

Lowbie twinking is really fun too though. I think its one of the main reasons that Eq gear works so well.