PDA

View Full Version : SK's in Velious

vouss
06-03-2015, 12:34 AM
I have never done velious before, I will be the best at what ever god damn character I play

SamwiseRed
06-03-2015, 12:39 AM
fyi velious sucks.

iiNGloriouS
06-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Yea but sks right off the bat gonna be op as fuck if I've heard correctly. Then they tone down

Colgate
06-03-2015, 12:54 AM
unholy aura gets buffed later on actually

Kergan
06-03-2015, 02:10 AM
All hybrids get a ton of buffs in Velious. You get casting time reduction on all detrimental spells, scaling up to around 30% I believe. It only effects spells with a casting time greater than 3.0 seconds, but that means SK lifetaps are effected.

In addition to this the damage tables are improved and offensive skill caps are increased. You also get access to AAs depending on hybrid class, for SKs unholy aura makes your HT do massive damage and resist on disease instead of magic.

There is also a huge 2h damage upgrade where not only the weapons themselves change to be better dmg/delay but the tables are increased.

All 3 hybrids (not counting bards) see massive upgrades in Velious. The paladin mini-torpor is a small encounter PVP beast, SKs get death touch and rangers get true shot. They become very viable in PVP compared to Kunark, and facing a SK 1v1 as any class is pretty difficult. Rangers will absolutely wreck anyone outdoors with trueshot and paladins become basically unkillable 1v1.

Zalaerian
06-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Paladins become god mode. HoT, Sactification, combined w Soulfires and DA, and improved weapon tables and bonus, good luck.

Tassador
06-03-2015, 06:33 AM
fyi velious sucks.

Yep revert to classic which actually is the best and most balanced!

mropey
06-03-2015, 07:46 AM
You also get access to AAs

No.

Stasis01
06-03-2015, 08:53 AM
I think with the resist code we have, and the gear/melee train/coordinated dispells Velious won't be like live.

I believe the gear won't be as significant as live, and things like the pally HOT, and hybrids in general will be less desirable like they are now.

That being said in grp PVP anything can be good and I'm sure you'll snipe some YT's from people who can actually stick on targets.

SamwiseRed
06-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Lol hybrids and monks are going to be way more powerful

Boeing B-29 Superfortress
06-03-2015, 10:11 AM
hybrids get warrior melee skills, offense/defense

disciplines

but as an iksar... casters are more worried about the large race sk's bashing them with weapons that have higher damage than they do delay

Genedin
06-03-2015, 10:45 AM
I think with the resist code we have, and the gear/melee train/coordinated dispells Velious won't be like live.

I believe the gear won't be as significant as live, and things like the pally HOT, and hybrids in general will be less desirable like they are now.

That being said in grp PVP anything can be good and I'm sure you'll snipe some YT's from people who can actually stick on targets.

You also have to think. After 3+ years of velious like we are now with kunark and there are actually characters with BiS or almost BiS gear then yes those toons will be godlike, but with my understanding of how long raids take + their difficulty+ the number of hungry mouths to stuff with pixels its not like a few months after launch every paladin/monk/shadowknight is going to be destroying full groups of 60's solo due to having 3k more HP and +200 to all resists.

I am fearful of how powerful melee will be with the new weps though as far as raw dmg goes considering how much they do now compared to what I remember it being like in classic.

Kergan
06-03-2015, 11:36 AM
No.

Yeah not sure why I typed AAs when I very clearly meant (and described) disciplines.

Kergan
06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
You also have to think. After 3+ years of velious like we are now with kunark and there are actually characters with BiS or almost BiS gear then yes those toons will be godlike, but with my understanding of how long raids take + their difficulty+ the number of hungry mouths to stuff with pixels its not like a few months after launch every paladin/monk/shadowknight is going to be destroying full groups of 60's solo due to having 3k more HP and +200 to all resists.

I am fearful of how powerful melee will be with the new weps though as far as raw dmg goes considering how much they do now compared to what I remember it being like in classic.

There are tons of massive upgrades that come from 1-2 group content though. Bracer of Benevolence, dragonhide gear in some slots, some SG gear, thurg/kael/skyshrine armor, etc. Just look at what is considered best in slot for a monk or rogue now, outside of a few slots the gear won't be hard to upgrade especially for PVP. Velious kinda hosed itemization for PVP in general - how many pieces of gear would you wear now in PVP only? Things like frog crowns or wurmscale coat. Very little PVE value. In Velious that line becomes blurred early and removed entirely by the end, and you will no longer have to choose PVE vs PVP on most your gear.

Genedin
06-03-2015, 11:56 AM
I just wear full pvp gear on my monk and still tank better than a warrior and do as much DPS as most rogues. I love monks. I see what you are saying though thank you for that.

Samsung
06-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Paladins become god mode. HoT, Sactification, combined w Soulfires and DA, and improved weapon tables and bonus, good luck.

my paladin just hit 60, i'm ready :)

Swish
06-03-2015, 12:14 PM
SK gear is already expensive... don't roll unless you're going from scratch or have the bank balance.

Pumped
06-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Both knights suck because people just run around and you do no damage.

Malevz
06-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Both knights suck because people just run around and you do no damage.

I *think* in velious knights gets put on the warrior damage table/same damage tables as others (besides monk). It's around the end of velious, but I think it was their way of giving back since hybrid tanking on raids dropped off the radar.

Seem to remember on live SK/pal became the most useless for PvE (cept brells) and beastly in pvp with new spells discs better gear better damage.

Was a long time ago mind you.

pingpong
06-03-2015, 12:49 PM
I *think* in velious knights gets put on the warrior damage table/same damage tables as others (besides monk). It's around the end of velious, but I think it was their way of giving back since hybrid tanking on raids dropped off the radar.

Seem to remember on live SK/pal became the most useless for PvE (cept brells) and beastly in pvp with new spells discs better gear better damage.

Was a long time ago mind you.

thank you for your vague memory. i'll file that right next to my nirgon recollections.

Malevz
06-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Happy to help!