View Full Version : Looking for 1-on-1 PVP tips

Lauka
06-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if people could share their 1-on-1 pvp tips,
based on classes involved.

This is my first PVP server, so my first instinct is to gate
or run to zone when I am attacked.
Then I sit and think how the fight could have went.

For example, last night I was nuked by a wizard.
I am a druid, so I cannot out-dps him in ranged combat.
I thought I could try rooting him and if root lands,
close the distance and melee, using mana for self-heals.

Would this work?

I would appreciate if PVP pros could share their expertise!

Lauka

Slathar
06-02-2015, 01:43 PM
get a friend and 2v1 him

make sure u talk shit after the fight

Kergan
06-02-2015, 01:43 PM
I have a good feeling about this thread.

Tiggles
06-02-2015, 01:48 PM
get a friend and 2v1 him

Gardur
06-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Never me lee as a druid. Pell his sow and use yours to range his spells. Dot and quick cast nukes.

FAPhoenix
06-02-2015, 01:54 PM
get a friend and 2v1 him

80% sure this is how this these got started based on when I saw you last night ;) I lost so many druids last night....sadness.

Always keep see invis up. Use a custom UI (I love QQ), which ties into the next tip. Get clickies.

For a druid, never port low mana or use your gate slot as a port slot. Always hit the ground running at rings.

Get resist gear...this isn't blue...you just need enough wisdom to fight or flight. Once you have cash you can alternate in pvp vs pve gear....i don't. I set my spell book up as page 1 being my main 8 pvp spells. Next page my second most spells....by page 3 group and pve crap.

I took advice here on a macro mouse which really helps, next up probably the keyboard. Learn to spell joust or joust / water hop. Look at some of your 'useless' utility spells from blue...they might have a purpose in pvp.

My tips as a mediocre pvper.

daasgoot
06-02-2015, 02:06 PM

Would this work?

99% chance you win the fight using this strat.

good thinking!!!

Welcome to the server, good luck out there.

MEGANS LAW
06-02-2015, 02:12 PM
1. wait until somebody goes afk or just gets rezzed.
2. kill them
3. yell pras in ooc
4. post screenshot on forums
5. take autism medications

Malevz
06-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Stock up on pumice, it's your mother, your brother, your secret lover.

Malevz
06-02-2015, 02:13 PM
2. kill them
3. yell pras in ooc

I love you so much.

Qtip
06-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Most people keep 1 slot open, I would get yourself a bracer of hidden. Easy camp for a druid. I would hit him with a see invis with bracer and then a dot to bury that shit. If he keeps nuking just heal yourself while dot eats him up or if he begins to pumice, rain his ass.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Keep your hand on the plug.

Bazia
06-02-2015, 02:48 PM
play rogue make poison

SamwiseRed
06-02-2015, 02:50 PM
play rogue make poison

Tassador
06-02-2015, 02:52 PM
My 1v1 as a Druid is normally waiting until they grab 4 seafuries and begin to kite stalk them until there mana is low and sf are at 20ish percent. Engage with pumice and engorging root cast blizzard and calcefication.

If Pumice is ranged and root is resisted, spirit of cheetah the fuck out and gate to other side of oot camp out to alt until weaker prey gets on.

Fame
06-02-2015, 03:05 PM
get a friend and 2v1 him

I have a good feeling about this thread.

chortled c-c-combo

Valtiel
06-02-2015, 03:12 PM
chortled c-c-combo

obsessively check who is in zone. Don't get caught unprepared.

zaos13
06-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Keep your buffs properly stacked because you're gonna be pumice'd. Keep pumice on you to return the favor. Keep a distance. More often than not it's going to be a GTFO situation as a druid, unless you surprised them and can get elemental casts on them. Don't rely on MR root.

Kraz
06-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Server seems healthy I think I need to play again.

Ezalor
06-02-2015, 04:48 PM
If your IQ is only 85-97, it's possible to raise your IQ to 102+ by playing Everquest while listening to gangster rap music like Kurupt, Daz, The Game, Brotha Lynch Hung, Eazy-E, X-Raided

Notable Gangster rap tracks to listen while playing Everquest are:
Locc 2 Da Brain - Brotha Lynch Hung
I Got A Million On It - The Game
Liquor Sicc - Brotha Lynch Hung
Mortal Kombat - X-Raided

LoliPops
06-02-2015, 04:52 PM
how 2 succeed @ EQ
lose rent a car job (lol)
gain 350 lbs
profit

Capri_Sun
06-02-2015, 05:05 PM
If your IQ is only 85-97, it's possible to raise your IQ to 102+ by playing Everquest while listening to gangster rap music like Kurupt, Daz, The Game, Brotha Lynch Hung, Eazy-E, X-Raided

Notable Gangster rap tracks to listen while playing Everquest are:
Locc 2 Da Brain - Brotha Lynch Hung
I Got A Million On It - The Game
Liquor Sicc - Brotha Lynch Hung
Mortal Kombat - X-Raided

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67121

Pvp/Life Guide

lite
06-02-2015, 05:06 PM
whatever you do, don't ask eddard for hep.

ducktv
06-02-2015, 06:41 PM
i personally gate at any possible pvp. i get completely terrified at the thought of having to fight with someone in game. just plug and log on to one of your other 60s in a safe spot like I do.

vouss
06-02-2015, 07:31 PM
get 2 friends and 3v1 him

say nothing and log out after you and your friends die

VZ_Xanit K'ven
06-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Ask Gasoline what to do

Make sure you understand it thoroughly

Do the exact opposite

FAPhoenix
06-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Ask Gasoline what to do

Do the exact opposite

This guy totally gets it.

Efwan
06-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Ask Gasoline what to do

Do the exact opposite

Lmfao, YES. This x3

magician
06-03-2015, 12:22 AM
play wizard bind on com rooftop

Genedin
06-03-2015, 10:56 AM
play rogue make poison

Iandyan
06-03-2015, 11:06 AM
I keep /ex bound to all my movement keys.

Highly recommended.

sktank
06-03-2015, 11:12 AM
*if wizard gets the first nuke against most anyone they have a huge advantage and you should run
*use spirit of cheetah for fast movement speed to escape. If you get hit or cast a spell it breaks
*always have thorns up if fighting a melee
*why use pummice? Your dispell has a recast time so dispell/pummice right after so you don't have a delay
*you won't be dispelling too much 1v1 because the burst damage/lack of OP gear makes fights quick
*lvl 55 you get rain nuke blizzard. If someone is sitting, rooted or possibly afk suprise them with a rain nuke followed by any quick casting nukes (I think Druids get caelfaction around lvl 50) yout rain nuke will be eating them up followed by quick nukes= gg
*druids are ok at pvp but melee with end game gear will beat you most every fight
*sometimes it's better to just nuke and not dot because burst damage is OP on this server. If you know it's going to be a long fight (if someone is wearing a fungi, or against tanky melees)go ahead and dot. From my experience, dots work well if someone is running/ trying to zone but I would much rather start the fight with a nuke or blizzard especially against casters/depending on who I'm fighting
*umm yea get j boots or 1 dispel= your dead
*gl

sktank
06-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Ohh and if your fighting a pet class always root their pet before you focus on the player (obviously)

Supaskillz
06-03-2015, 12:05 PM
this was posted a long time ago in the starting zone. has some useful tips:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146015&highlight=pumice

I am a useless enchanter and never get YT, but here are some quick tips I am aware of:
- Dispell is important in a variety of ways. Strip opponents buffs, dispell DoTs on you. You can buy pumice at merchants to have dispell on an inventory clickable item.
- instant click buffs are useful for protecting your buffs and resetting cooldown timer on spells. Jboots makes sure than cannot make you slow by dispelling you.
- Get resist gear
- Be aware others have resist gear and use spells that are not easily resisted or are not magic based.
- Melees take you down fast. Keep your distance or lose.
- you can regain concentration if you run around during casting and get back to the exact position you started. You can use a corner to ensure sucess.
- Water will break los when others are casting on you

MEGANS LAW
06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
2. kill them
3. yell pras in ooc

Pumped
06-03-2015, 12:40 PM
just talk to kammbo about druid pvp stats

1. Use macroquest to find people
2. Cast the same 2 lame druid dots and run away
3. Repeat

snufzaimoverlord
06-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Kammbo rank 29.

Pumped rank 6393 as the easiest pvp class.

MEGANS LAW
06-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Kammbo rank 29.

Pumped rank 6393 as the easiest pvp class.

jesus. i'm a horrible pvper and i'm like ranked 450.

come on dog.

compulsion
06-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Focus on surviving and resetting first. If someone jumps you, ditch, heal up and then come back and try to get the jump on them. See if they dispel dots or offensively dispel; see if they have decent MR. Against melees, get a pet if one is available. Even a shitty one will break channeling and force them to eat dots or zone, in which case they are taking PvE damage. Medi in spots where you have a good view of anyone approaching and keybind /who to something convenient/habitual.

Realistically, you will largely suck til 54. Just grind it out and on't take it too seriously. Most players PvPing sub 50 are in endgame gear and more than likely rolling 15 buffs deep.

If you are early 50s, get that MR to at least 110. It should be higher, but MR on a druid can be annoying and can cost you possibly too much in other stats considering this box is very melee heavy. You can always dispel a root or snare if it sticks.

Ele resists below 125 are useless, so unless you can hit 145+ buffed, I would just ignore them. Don't sit in Blizzards and you can skip cold, only wizards use it really. PvP shams and necros are a myth, so don't stress pr dr.

Organize your spellbook so that you can swap gems quickly. Don't have dots on page 3, thorns on page 16, and heals somewhere in the middle.

derpcake
06-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if people could share their 1-on-1 pvp tips,
based on classes involved.

This is my first PVP server, so my first instinct is to gate
or run to zone when I am attacked.
Then I sit and think how the fight could have went.

Would this work?

I would appreciate if PVP pros could share their expertise!

Lauka

Good pvp experience is hard to get.

Accept that your first couple of chars will do like shit, and your next ones will do also KDA ratio wise, unless you pick a few select classes.

Its a whole different game from PvE, but much like PvE you won't improve unless you invest time.

Ignore the insults, remember the good times. If you manage to do this, PM me with info.

Fame
06-03-2015, 03:32 PM
this was posted a long time ago in the starting zone. has some useful tips:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146015&highlight=pumice

I am a useless enchanter and never get YT, but here are some quick tips I am aware of:
- Dispell is important in a variety of ways. Strip opponents buffs, dispell DoTs on you. You can buy pumice at merchants to have dispell on an inventory clickable item.
- instant click buffs are useful for protecting your buffs and resetting cooldown timer on spells. Jboots makes sure than cannot make you slow by dispelling you.
- Get resist gear
- Be aware others have resist gear and use spells that are not easily resisted or are not magic based.
- Melees take you down fast. Keep your distance or lose.
- you can regain concentration if you run around during casting and get back to the exact position you started. You can use a corner to ensure sucess.
- Water will break los when others are casting on you

:o

Feanol
06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
A couple tricks I've learned as a half-druid:

#1 Dispell, then dispell some more. Often an attacker will become the person who runs first if you just strip them down to bare bones.

#2 Keep SoW on your spell bar. All of the times ;D

#3 Height! Levitate! Run onto roofs, walls, trees, try to keep above and out of clear sight. People won't know which way to run to get out of your spell range.

#4 Heal! Nothing more demoralizing as an attacker to spend half your mana bar blowing someone up only to have them spike up to full health again for a fraction of their mana.

#5 Keep junk buffs up. We get a ton of little meager spells like EB, Chill sight, Feet like Cat, the Thorncoat line... Make sure you're not losing SoW/HP buffs on the first dispell to land on you.

#6 Fight. Resist the urge to run, even if you're fairly sure there's no hope. Anything can happen and experience is the best teacher for sure. Learn how classes fight as you prepare an LnS request =p

We should practice 1v1 sometime soon =D