PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Double errors, unable to loot

Aanina Knyteflyte
05-31-2015, 05:16 PM
I have an issue that no one else I have asked seems to have experienced. Quite often when I attempt tp loot a corpse I get two error messages, neither one of which is true.

You are too far away to loot this corpse.
You may not loot this corpse at this time.

I can not think of a zone it has not happened in - well I take that back, I can not recall every trying to loot a corpse in North FreePort or South Felwithe...

It happens on all five of my characters.

Last night it happened in Oasis of Marr with corpses my own group had killed while I was over at the Gypsies selling and buying water.

I tried searching for the error messages but it claimed some words were too short, too long or too frequent...

Thank you for any help.

Madbad
05-31-2015, 06:28 PM
Can you actually loot the corpses even though you get those messages?

Are you playing from Antarctica? What's your ping?

Jimjam
05-31-2015, 06:43 PM
I find this happens sometimes when there is a discrepancy between where the server thinks the corpse is and where your computer thinks the corpse is.

Madbad
05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
^ thats what im thinking

Grimjaw
05-31-2015, 07:08 PM
yep usally camping quickly and coming back fixes it

kaev
05-31-2015, 07:48 PM
I find this happens sometimes when there is a discrepancy between where the server thinks the corpse is and where your computer thinks the corpse is.

Yeah, when a mob is killed out of your LOS your client will not necessarily have the correct location for it. Aside from relogging you can have somebody else stand at the corpse's actual location to show you where it is and use /loot to loot it when targetted. Your client won't usually let you right-click to open the corpse because it thinks you're too far away, but the /loot command bypasses that check.

Thulghor
06-01-2015, 05:49 AM
This exact problem happened to me a number of times tonight while in the commonlands. Logging completely out, then logging back in fixed it. The /loot command should also work.

eisley
06-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Happens all the time with Quillmane. Corpse shows up at the wrong place on your client and requires a relog.

Aanina Knyteflyte
06-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Ping is 64, playing from NW Florida, no I can not loot them, that is the problem.
When I am getting the messages "/Loot" does not work, or if it does it is rare.
I just wish it could be fixed!

kaev
06-02-2015, 12:46 AM
Ping is 64, playing from NW Florida, no I can not loot them, that is the problem.
When I am getting the messages "/Loot" does not work, or if it does it is rare.
I just wish it could be fixed!

/loot won't work unless you can get somebody to show you where the corpse really is.

Crom
06-02-2015, 04:41 AM
Happens all the time with Quillmane. Corpse shows up at the wrong place on your client and requires a relog.

/aye, lost more then one cloak to this :(