PDA

View Full Version : Sudden hostile guards.. somewhat

dnatabar
05-27-2015, 03:29 AM
Okay... as i logged in today, i seem to have become hostile with some of the guards in Qeynos, and I don't know why.

I haven't killed any friendly guards/NPC's at all, and yesterday it was fine.

also, its only some of the guards that are hostile, where as others are "warmly" as usual.

any ideas?

Sincerely,
Dnatabar

Whirled
05-27-2015, 11:36 AM
What race/class/deity u worship?
Have u killed gnolls in the surrounding areas?
Have you ruined your lands like they may have told you ?

There's a bunch of factions in Qeynos. Some guards are SK's and if u see this guy Lieutenant Dagarok (http://wiki.project1999.com/Lieutenant_Dagarok), you may want to head the other way.

Madbad
05-27-2015, 11:43 AM
gnoll fang quest

SamwiseRed
05-27-2015, 11:46 AM
gnoll fang quest

corrupt guards work at night.

nyclin
05-27-2015, 11:46 AM
There's a corrupt guard faction in Qeynos. Doing the Gnoll Fang quest will lower your faction with the corrupt guards.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Corrupt_Qeynos_Guards

Pipip
05-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Be careful after turning in those fangs, there's a guard whose name begins with a "D" that walks around the area between the Priest of Discord and the monk guild. He's a Shadowknight that likes to Harm Touch for 500 damage. I found that one out the hard way...

He's the only high level guard on that faction that I've run into so far. The rest are blue or green to me at level 12

Lorian
05-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Dagarok has killed me a couple of times, the HT is nasty! Now that you are KoS to the Qeynos corrupt guards, make sure never to walk near either Crows (rogue guild) or the Monk guild as Dagarok has an extremely long aggro range.

When corrupt KoS happened to my first character i got pretty annoyed. To avoid the same again I now stop handing in fangs in Qeynos at the stage where the corrupt guards turns dubious. After that I hand them in at the Halas arena instead, about the same distance from BB. Mind that there you have to hand in three at a time rather than four.

kledar
05-27-2015, 12:24 PM
well this is good to know, I turned some fangs in yesterday, how many does it take to drop the faction to kill on sight?

dnatabar
05-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Alright, so there is nothing to do about my bad standing with the corrupt guards? I kinda liked to be able to wander around in peace

Swish
05-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Dagarok has killed me a couple of times, the HT is nasty! Now that you are KoS to the Qeynos corrupt guards, make sure never to walk near either Crows (rogue guild) or the Monk guild as Dagarok has an extremely long aggro range.

When corrupt KoS happened to my first character i got pretty annoyed. To avoid the same again I now stop handing in fangs in Qeynos at the stage where the corrupt guards turns dubious. After that I hand them in at the Halas arena instead, about the same distance from BB. Mind that there you have to hand in three at a time rather than four.

Good advice. Qeynos politics, very shitty :(

Lady Julae
05-27-2015, 03:52 PM
For those of you who are KoS to the Corrupt Guards, goto the Fish Ale Bar near the docks and give Tumpy Irontoe 4 honey meads until your con is back to dubious. But beware, while it raises Corrupt Guards of Qeynos and Bloodsabers, it also lowers Guards of Qeynos (Good Guards) and Knights of Truth, and Priests of Life.

Jimjam
05-27-2015, 04:22 PM
or go into the sewers and kill the worn out guards there... if you are a monster!

B4EQWASCOOL
05-27-2015, 06:37 PM
The MAN always tryin' to keep a Norrathian down!

Mordyth
05-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Also, rabid wolf and rabid grizzly hand ins are a big faction hit against corrupt guards as well.

kledar
05-27-2015, 08:00 PM
really? I don't see a faction hit when I turn in the rabid wolf pelts