PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm on Ragefire.... sort of.

dahoov101
05-26-2015, 12:03 AM
I really wanted to play classic EQ. So a few weeks ago I downloaded Live on steam. It was.... not what I was looking for. So I found some old disks and installed P99. I had a blast for the first hour. Then I started getting tech issues. My character would just glide around the ground and have no animations. So when Ragefire released I was thrilled. Well, after the failed launch of Ragefire and only being able to play for about 3 hours out of the 12 or so hours I had put aside over the holiday, I gave up. I don't think I'll ever play EQ again.

I also looked up the issues I was having on google and the forums and I can't find a lot of help. If anyone has any ideas on why I'm having issues here please let me know. I would love to play on P99.

twincannon
05-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Only thing I can think of is the obvious stuff: make sure you're on Titanium, make sure you've got all the files from the setup guide, and potentially the big one, make sure to use WinEQ -- from the description sounds like it might help.

See: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3609

Eunomia
05-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Hello dahoov101,

I suggest posting in the Technical Discussion forum. Players helping players! If you are patient, and give specific information related to your issues, they may be able to help.

Found here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

dahoov101
05-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Thanks, I'll make a post in there. Still, I'm really sad I'm not playing on either server. :(

Maybe I'll just log into Counter Strike 1.6.

Visual
05-26-2015, 12:27 AM
Unfortunate time for p99 to be down. Holiday with a lot of frustrated players looking for alternatives to RF.

They probably think this happens with a regularity over here.

Big_Japan
05-26-2015, 12:46 AM
I really wanted to play classic EQ. So a few weeks ago I downloaded Live on steam. It was.... not what I was looking for. So I found some old disks and installed P99. I had a blast for the first hour. Then I started getting tech issues. My character would just glide around the ground and have no animations. So when Ragefire released I was thrilled. Well, after the failed launch of Ragefire and only being able to play for about 3 hours out of the 12 or so hours I had put aside over the holiday, I gave up. I don't think I'll ever play EQ again.

I also looked up the issues I was having on google and the forums and I can't find a lot of help. If anyone has any ideas on why I'm having issues here please let me know. I would love to play on P99.

for your tech issues - I had similar. Fix involved changing shortcut to look like:

G:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme -affinity 1

I've also found that on my different machines, I need different compatibility modes set up to get around the gliding/slowspeed bugs even though I use the same pirate OS and all my boxes are 64-bit. Try cycling through some of those if you haven't.

Weekapaug
05-26-2015, 03:50 AM
I had problems running p99 a while back. Using wineq fixed it.

Big_Japan
05-26-2015, 07:08 AM
does anyone have a working version of wineq they could upload? i was never able to find anything but the modern piece of shit exe with login DRM. It would come in handy.

HalflingWarrior
05-26-2015, 10:41 AM
Then I started getting tech issues. My character would just glide around the ground and have no animations. So .

Let me guess you're either:

1) Running on an AMD CPU
2) Running your CPU at OVER 4ghz
3) Running on an AMD CPU that's over 4ghz

If any of the above is true, you'll need to reduce your CPU clockspeed to be under 4ghz and if on an AMD multicore-CPU you'll need to set the core affinity to just 2 cores after launching everquest emu.

If you don't know how to do these things PM me

nyclin
05-26-2015, 11:02 AM
does anyone have a working version of wineq they could upload? i was never able to find anything but the modern piece of shit exe with login DRM. It would come in handy.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/download/wineq2

Just create a login on their site and you can use it for free. If you're worried about giving them your email address, just use http://www.mailinator.com/ to create a login