PDA

View Full Version : Banded vs. Bronze

Deckk
05-25-2015, 10:19 PM
In the market for my first set of armor...

What's the better buy? Banded or Bronze? I know AC is slightly higher and weight is heavier for bronze, but I'm more curious about cost for banded and cost for bronze.

For what it's worth, I'm a gnome warrior. So small size (unrest).

Kender
05-25-2015, 10:24 PM
buy banded and later on loot bronze

or go to MM and look pathetic and someone might take pity on you and give you some pieces.

best bet is sell cb belts or bone chips and just buy some low level armour with some stats

Troxx
05-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Bronze looks cooler but that's about it.

Banded ac isn't really that much lower and weighs a ton less. If you need that plate look I'd only get visible slots.

I would not waste your money on stat gear. Your first investment should be banded armor, decent weapon, and then 5ac/55hp rings in that order. Banded set 91plat, decent weapons can be had for as low as 20-50pp per. A set of rings 500. You'll get a lot more mileage out of your cash taking this approach, and not being encumbered by bronze will same more room in your backpacks for loot.

After that start saving for haste while keeping an eye open for really good deals.

If you're new to p99 - don't neglect bind wounds. Keep a few stacks on you and use at every opportunity. It's not hard to keep maxed unless you always group with a healer. It may not seem like much at first but around 20 you're already binding for 25-30 a pop.

kingbuzzo
05-25-2015, 11:56 PM
As a gnome warrior, go banded. It weighs less; you will need some room to loot stuff ya know?

ko37qtl
05-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Unless you've got lots of strength, I'd stick with banded and upgrade from there. A full set of bronze is only 19 AC higher and weighs considerably more. Nothing wrong with a mix or acquiring magic stuff instead as the path from banded.

Deckk
05-26-2015, 08:00 AM
Interesting thoughts. Yeah, the bronze weight is probably going to be a large burden for my gnome. Probably go banded like many suggested and then get some minor upgrades through drops/buying until I begin crafted quests at level 25 or so.

gildor
05-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Yeah..small banded is 33.8 wt for 91 AC, small bronze is 64.7 wt for 110 AC...

Lorian
05-26-2015, 08:24 AM
I gave my new DE SK an almost full set of bronze (because fashionquest), and I am paying dearly for it, having to run often and far selling to the few merchants that are willing to trade with me. And I put all starting points into STR. So yes, if you are smart and don't mind the chain graphics, follow the above advice!

Deckk
05-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I'll very likely go banded (although I may go bronze helm... You know... For the cool gnome helm effect) :)

Roguejm11
05-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Yeah..small banded is 33.8 wt for 91 AC, small bronze is 64.7 wt for 110 AC...

Go Banded

Jimjam
05-26-2015, 01:20 PM
Some pieces of small reinforced armour match banded for AC but have considerably less weight.

Deckk
05-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Great call.

I can do reinforced boots, reinforced mask and reinforced neck and save 3.8 or so in weight and not sacrifice ANY AC whatsoever. The rest of the set can be banded as it's higher AC (even 1 AC is worthwhile, IMO).

Great info there, Jimjam! Thank you. It'll save some plat, too.

Jimjam
05-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Yea, I have a few HQ wolf skins I can give you if you want and are available in game now?

Watch out for my buddy Queldaz, he is a tailor. Others are available!

Deckk
05-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Yea, I have a few HQ wolf skins I can give you if you want and are available in game now?

Watch out for my buddy Queldaz, he is a tailor. Others are available!

Not going to be in game until at least 8PM EST tonight. At work browsing forums quick lol!

Jimjam
05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Ah well I'm in UK atm so that is gremlin time to me :p.

If I can't sleep i'll come looking for you!

Jimjam
05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
btw it pains me to give these pelts to a gnome, not a Halfling.

Deckk
05-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Had a nice person basically gift me a set of banded last night. I don't want to throw the name out there in case others want to bother them for free gear, but it was awesome. I tried to give them 40pp (all I have) but they wanted no part of it because they failed on a few pieces.

This is why project 1999 is home for me, and I only started playing here a couple of weeks ago. So while I'm not throwing the name out there, if you're reading this, thank you. And I'm going to give you that 40pp, darn it.