PDA

View Full Version : Math behind Everquest...

SewingMachine
05-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi, I was trying to find the formulas for Bards spells. I want to know the interaction with instruments / skill / lvl. I cant seem to find any. On the Wiki they have information like...

http://s3.postimg.org/vzifzko1v/Capture.png

But I dont want to just see 2 dmg at lvl2 and 18 dmg at lvl 65.

I guess what I am asking is this information already out there. Or do I have do do this myself.

P.S. -> In the image above is this just user input or is this actual information based off the game numbers.

SewingMachine
05-20-2015, 01:19 PM
This is an Emulator, so I assume I can just look right at the code yes?

If some one can link me a repository of some sorts so I can look thru.

Borak
05-20-2015, 02:53 PM
What you're looking for is Reed's Bard Song Analysis Spreadsheet (www.xegonybard.com/downloads/BardSong.4.24.xls). It contains info for songs used in Luclin and PoP, so ignore those songs, but basically you plug in your level and the various instruments you use and you get the actual strength of songs based on your level.

stifling
05-20-2015, 05:03 PM
The math behind bard songs is fairly simple. Only some effects change with level, mostly regen (hp/mana), stat bonuses, damage shields and damage over time... There is a range listed in the description of the song in the picture you have in the OP. the level 2 AoE song does between 2 and 18 damage based on level. so take your level and divide it by 60(65?) and multiply the ratio by the range of the song plus the initial value so for example.
You are level 45, and you play the level 2 song with no instrument:
45/60=.75
now multiply .75 by the range of the damage output
(18-2=16)
and you get .75*16 = 12,

Now add that to the base damage of 2 and at level 45 the song will do 14 damage to everything nearby.
Now instrument mods basically just take this final value and boost it by a set multiplier which is listed on the wiki (i added them for all instruments a while back) so looking at this particular song, it takes a stringed instrument modifier so if you played it while holding any instrument it would do more damage, the better the mod the higher the damage.
So if you use the store bought lute that you can find anywhere, it has a mod of 18 which will do 180% more damage, healing, etc. if you hold it while playing.
so that 14 dmg will now be 14*1.8=25.2 or 25 dmg (everquest always rounds down, even if the calculation is 25.999998, it will still be 25, annoying but predictable)

Now should you use the best stringed instrument currently available, the one from Silverwing in veeshans peak... (http://wiki.project1999.com/Lyran%27s_Mystical_Lute)
14*2.5 = 35dmg to everything around.

Morlaeth
05-20-2015, 06:06 PM
I know that with the lute my lvl 16 bard does 12 damage with the level 2 song.

fadetree
05-21-2015, 09:01 AM
This is an Emulator, so I assume I can just look right at the code yes?

If some one can link me a repository of some sorts so I can look thru.

It's an emulator, but you can't look through the code. They have massively modified it from the eq emu base.

falkun
05-21-2015, 09:55 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=420070