Brock101
05-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Baton of Faith or Mithril Two-Hander

Ghoulbane?

Which would be better for solo/grouping

Thanks in advance

pharmakos
05-17-2015, 06:04 PM
generally, use a two hander for soloing, and a one hander + shield for grouping.

Brock101
05-17-2015, 06:13 PM
What is a ~400pp one gander that's decent for paladin ? That's about my budget

Shodo
05-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Sword of Skyfire is great at lower levels - not the most damage but the +hp will be more important anyway when grouping, and they're well within your budget. Would be a good 1-hand option until 45 or until you can afford something better.

pharmakos
05-17-2015, 08:18 PM
yeah, Sword of Skyfire is the best bet for cost vs. effectiveness, until it starts proccing.

wormed
05-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Sword of Skyfire / Shield until level 20.

Baton of Faith 20+ while solo, bust out the shield while grouping. Sword of the Morning is pretty cheap once you get more money.

Brock101
05-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Sword of Skyfire / Shield until level 20.

Baton of Faith 20+ while solo, bust out the shield while grouping. Sword of the Morning is pretty cheap once you get more money.

What would be a good combo for sword/shield after 20? and I was about to pick up a baton of faith but I think ill need to train my 2hb because it skilled up to 1 and after 10 more kills it didnt gain at all.

Thanks in advance fro the help

Daldaen
05-18-2015, 01:33 PM
What would be a good combo for sword/shield after 20? and I was about to pick up a baton of faith but I think ill need to train my 2hb because it skilled up to 1 and after 10 more kills it didnt gain at all.

Thanks in advance fro the help

Sword of the Morning is basically the best 1hs outside of PoSky or Skyfire wyvern drops. Only costs about 1000, so it can be acquired somewhat early only.

Sarnak Battle Shield is more or less the best shield you will have access to without raiding. This is more costly and something you can acquire around 50ish. Expect to spend about 3000 on one.

Really at low levels in a group your weapons are rather irrelevant. Just cast Flash of Light and make sure you never cast it on a mob out of your melee range.

kaev
05-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Sword of the Morning is basically the best 1hs outside of PoSky or Skyfire wyvern drops. Only costs about 1000, so it can be acquired somewhat early only.

Sarnak Battle Shield is more or less the best shield you will have access to without raiding. This is more costly and something you can acquire around 50ish. Expect to spend about 3000 on one.

I have seen SotM as low as 400pp, unless there are suddenly vast hordes of paladin twinks around I wouldn't pay over 500pp for it. The Clay Guardian Shield, 25ac/50hp ~500pp, is pretty solid levelling gear for a paladin. If your paladin is low strength the Cracked Darkwood Shield, 12ac/9str ~100pp, is cheap and effective.

Really at low levels in a group your weapons are rather irrelevant. Just cast Flash of Light and make sure you never cast it on a mob out of your melee range.

While it's true that FoL is pretty OP, it is a fallacy that paladin weapons are irrelevant at low level. Paladin (and SK) damage output doesn't really pale into insignificance until you're well into your 40s. A L30 paladin with Baton of Faith (or Sword of the Morning + Shield vs. caster mobs) will make a substantial contribution to group damage output. Paladins are so unpopular that much of their class-specific gear is dirt-cheap. Take advantage of that as your finances permit.

wormed
05-18-2015, 11:48 PM
I have seen SotM as low as 400pp, unless there are suddenly vast hordes of paladin twinks around I wouldn't pay over 500pp for it. The Clay Guardian Shield, 25ac/50hp ~500pp, is pretty solid levelling gear for a paladin. If your paladin is low strength the Cracked Darkwood Shield, 12ac/9str ~100pp, is cheap and effective.

While it's true that FoL is pretty OP, it is a fallacy that paladin weapons are irrelevant at low level. Paladin (and SK) damage output doesn't really pale into insignificance until you're well into your 40s. A L30 paladin with Baton of Faith (or Sword of the Morning + Shield vs. caster mobs) will make a substantial contribution to group damage output. Paladins are so unpopular that much of their class-specific gear is dirt-cheap. Take advantage of that as your finances permit.

Yes to both paragraphs.

SotM is definitely less than 1000. On average it'd be about 700 but you can find them as low as 500. The Guardian Shield is excellent due to the HP, but I used a Cracked Darkwood until I got my Sarnak Battle Shield. Either way, very cheap options.

To the second paragraph, the moment you hit 20, you'll be laughing at how powerful Baton of Faith is vs the mobs. I was smashing crocs! :p But yes, Baton of Faith is great and a very cheap, solid ratio weapon for a long time. I still use my Baton until I can get my epic.

kaev
05-20-2015, 05:56 PM
I still use my Baton until I can get my epic.

I banked mine after I got epic, had too much fun with it to unload it in EC for a puny 100pp, it's in my trophy bag with various NODROP pieces that got replaced by better gear.