PDA

View Full Version : Warrior training points?

slowpoke68
05-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Old EQ player, new to P99. After trying a couple of different classes I started a Warrior and have him up to level 9. Have only spent a couple of training points so far.

Wondering where I should put my points or if there is something I want to save them for.

Thanks!

I know playing a warrior as a first character is going to be tough, but I want to spend most of my time in groups and I am enjoying him the most of the different classes I have tried so far.

Vorkon
05-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Swimming.

Just about all other skills level quickly by doing warrior things. 1 point to get them started.

Supaskillz
05-14-2015, 10:44 AM
You need to put one point into each new skill that you gain as you level in order to be able to use that skill. Other than that nothing is crucial.

You can max your weapon skills pretty easily just by occassionally switching out your weapons and as a warrior its wise to keep all weapons skills high other than hand to hand. Because of this I would save training points for easily skilling up tradeskills. At higher levels after velious you might want to try to do some quests that require certain tradeskills and skilling them up as a warrior is very tedious.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Warrior#Skills

Supaskillz
05-14-2015, 10:45 AM
I would not do swimming... There are ways to skill this up with autorun while afk.

Kutsumo
05-14-2015, 10:45 AM
As Vorkon suggested, just throw 1 point in your new combat skills as you get them because they'll level up in combat. I like to put extra training points in Bind Wounds if you aren't able to keep it leveled up.

Samoht
05-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Training points are mostly useless for every class. Sometimes it's good to use them to jump start trade skills (pottery/JC), but it caps out at 20, so most of the time you can find parts you need as you level (tailoring/blacksmithing) or it's dirt cheap (fletching/brewing) to reach that skill level anyway.

Some skills start better after investing an initial point (sense heading), and some skills actually require an initial point to start (kick/disarm), but it's not always required.

You'll end up with a lot of left over points at 60, and you can either enjoy looking at them at your trainer or dump them into languages for RP purposes.

Vorkon
05-14-2015, 11:14 AM
I actually dumped a bunch into pottery just in case I ever decide to do the Thurg gate potions, which I think you need a 120 skill for. http://wiki.project1999.com/Vial_of_Velium_Vapors

Swimming got the lions share, because swimming sucks. Literally everything else listed on the menu I put 1 point into (every trade skill, language, begging etc...) Not that I'll ever use any of it, but why not. The most important ones like weapon skills and defensive skills level fast.

After Disarm at 35 I don't think you need need to put a point into anything else, and like Samoht mentioned you end up with a ton of banked skill points with nothing to spend them on.

Jimjam
05-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Bind wounds. Bandages heal better the more your skill is. Bandages (normally) cost money.

I feel you save time and money in the early levels by training your bind wound up to 50ish.

Roguejm11
05-14-2015, 12:13 PM
I would make sure you put 1 point into each major skill as you get it.

If you ever think you are going maxing every still, put a single point into all languages, crafting ext. which is a lot, but someday you will be happy you did.

Jimjam's advice of bandaging is HUGE for a Warrior and Monk, so keep that up.

williestargell
05-14-2015, 02:01 PM
put 1 point in everything, major or not and then let them skill up naturally and use all your excess points on tradeskilling.

zajurai
05-14-2015, 02:42 PM
I always put points into Alcohol Tolerance and Old Erudian.

slowpoke68
05-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks much guys.