PDA

View Full Version : Complete Bard Guide - Suif 52 bard - Red99

Saludeen
05-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Message me in game or on the forums if you have questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcdLugVf4g

Cecily
05-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Just finished my ranger and considering a new class. Probably going Enc or Bard. This looks super helpful if I decide on bard, so thank you for doing this video.

webrunner5
05-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Clear as mud lol. :eek: Well I guess for the 20th time I will try a Bard lol. :D

zanderklocke
05-13-2015, 10:50 PM
Fun video to watch. It's always interesting to see people's style and how some people do some of the same things just slightly different.

Saludeen
05-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Clear as mud lol. :eek: Well I guess for the 20th time I will try a Bard lol. :D

You mean the video quality or explanations? I can't make better quality until I get a new computer, but what should I have explained better? If the video is unclear then that's my fault. I tried to to make it straight forward while still under 15 minutes. I'm happy to explain whatever I can.

Dacuk
05-14-2015, 01:33 AM
cool video. for some reason it seems like your recording shows your mouse pointer offset halfway to the left across the screen from where you are actually seeing it.

thanks for sharing.

Troxx
05-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Fun video to watch. It's always interesting to see people's style and how some people do some of the same things just slightly different.

Indeed. My technique is completely different including the use of a very precise camera angle. I'd have my cast bar hovered right over the sweet spot. Keep the pack of mobs on my song cast bar and never miss >:{D

To be honest I only ever used the level 18 dot and it worked

SewingMachine
05-15-2015, 11:23 AM
So, this guide can work at lvl 2, but it really you are aiming towards 18+ bards yes?

Why I ask is my guy is 13, and Its hard to hit your lvl 2 spell IMO, I hear 18 is easier to hit.

Saludeen
05-15-2015, 11:41 AM
So, this guide can work at lvl 2, but it really you are aiming towards 18+ bards yes?

Why I ask is my guy is 13, and Its hard to hit your lvl 2 spell IMO, I hear 18 is easier to hit.

You can setup your UI and binds at level one, and start kiting at level 2. The shorter range ones are harder to hit but they should still be used to make the kite go faster. Once you start kiting Burning Woods or Dreadlands the kite time doubles or triples because of the mobs HP. Three dots is optimal, two takes a long time, and I cant imagine only twisting one. The exp is still worth it though. If you want the fastest possible exp then start kiting at level 2, but you may get bored or fall behind with your groups skills (attack / defense, twisting, switching weapons, charming, mezzing, overall song knowledge, etc). Its possible to learn all that later though.

SewingMachine
05-15-2015, 11:44 AM
You can setup your UI and binds at level one, and start kiting at level 2. The shorter range ones are harder to hit but they should still be used to make the kite go faster. Once you start kiting Burning Woods or Dreadlands the kite time doubles or triples because of the mobs HP. Three dots is optimal, two takes a long time, and I cant imagine only twisting one. The exp is still worth it though. If you want the fastest possible exp then start kiting at level 2, but you may get bored or fall behind with your groups skills (attack / defense, twisting, switching weapons, charming, mezzing, overall song knowledge, etc). Its possible to learn all that later though.

Ok, i just need to practice more, Trying to find a good spot at 13. One guide says Sro or Nro but you have to lull all the casters. I am going to try this and bind close so I dont have a long run.

Also, what Gear should i be aiming for, if i just wanted to swarm kite all the way to 60?. HPs and armor ? No stats help swarm kiting correct?

Saludeen
05-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Ok, i just need to practice more, Trying to find a good spot at 13. One guide says Sro or Nro but you have to lull all the casters. I am going to try this and bind close so I dont have a long run.

Also, what Gear should i be aiming for, if i just wanted to swarm kite all the way to 60?. HPs and armor ? No stats help swarm kiting correct?

Yeah it takes some practice. Just ease into tighter circles until it hits, and its better to miss a few times instead of getting too close and dying. Even at level 52 I miss sometimes because one mistake and you just lost exp and 20+ minutes of pulling, kiting, and running back. I'm not sure where the best spot is at 13, but here's a link with some suggestions from someone else. http://wiki.project1999.com/Deajay%27s_AoE_Bard_Leveling_Location_Guide (ignore 47+ from that guide though. I promise that FV + DL is best.)

If you plan on kiting until 56 (not sure if you can go past that), then all you need (literally) is a good horn and lute for more damage. Other gear is useless until you start grouping, except maybe some resist gear if you accidentally pull casters / pvp.

falkun
05-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Do you have some concrete details on 47+? I have no issues updating the guide or you doing the updating, and when I had written it, I wasn't 47+ yet. Also, low-HP aggro kiting worked in my 50s, and I used that extensively when I wasn't full grouping in KC/Seb (I largely gave up kiting 47+).

Saludeen
05-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Do you have some concrete details on 47+? I have no issues updating the guide or you doing the updating, and when I had written it, I wasn't 47+ yet. Also, low-HP aggro kiting worked in my 50s, and I used that extensively when I wasn't full grouping in KC/Seb (I largely gave up kiting 47+).

From my experience DL swarming is the best exp until 52 or higher (drolvargs and chickens). But there are alot of green mobs around that level (even in BW) so its best to con them when pulling. Low HP aggro kiting may be a great method too, but I havn't tried it. I'm still wondering where I should go at 52 now. I may try to squeeze out more exp in BW, but its running dry. Any suggestions? Maybe Seb / HS / Chardok groups?

zanderklocke
05-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Low HP aggro kiting may be a great method too, but I havn't tried it.

Low-hp kiting does not work anymore. It was nerfed.

Burning woods is pretty good up until 54 or so, but you gotta be pretty strategic in where you are pulling from in the zone.