10-13-2010, 03:31 AM
/ all 50 cleric rofl.

Ingrum
10-13-2010, 03:59 AM
I don't get it. But now I'm intrigued!

dallammarr
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't get it. But now I'm intrigued!

I think what he is saying is even if you have /anon on, if someone does a /who all 50 cleric, and you are a 50 cleric, your name will still pop up in the list which shouldn't happen cause that defeats the purpose of being anon.

Holey
10-13-2010, 10:51 AM
^ correct.

guineapig
10-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I think what he is saying is even if you have /anon on, if someone does a /who all 50 cleric, and you are a 50 cleric, your name will still pop up in the list which shouldn't happen cause that defeats the purpose of being anon.

Isn't there a difference between being /anon and /role?

Most people that raid on this server use /role pretty much 24/7.

dallammarr
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Isn't there a difference between being /anon and /role?

Yes, but both are supposed to filter you from the /who all. The difference was you used /anon when you just didnt want people knowing what class/level or what zone you were in. /roleplay accomplished the same thing, however it was created specifically to "roleplay." And in terms of roleplaying, no one is really going to know what you are unless you reveal your class stats to them. IE: you may see someone wearing a robe, so you can deduce that they are some kind of caster, but what? the only thing that would give it away is if you saw them with a pet, or the kind of spells they cast, or if they flat out told you in some way (the inspect dialouge box comes to mind where someone could write a back story about their character for you to read, i usally just wrote in mine "wtf are you looking at?")

ShivanAngel
10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Also anon doesnt show your guild tag, roleplaying does.

username17
10-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this.

The main reason for using /anon or /role was to hide what zone you're in.
So others can't track guild movement or whatever.

It still serves this purpose.

Divarin
10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
no the purpose of /anon is so that druids can get crap done besides sowing and porting people

ShivanAngel
10-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah without anon you know how often you get these tells.

can yu come to CB and clarity me plz 3pp! =D

Or

I need rez in mistmoore, will pay you 10p!

This is when your not even on the same continent as them..

Ingrum
10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Oohhhh I see. I thought it was just an inside joke between Holey and the OP. But yeah most 50 clerics nowadays are /role and not anon. If they really don't wanna be bugged at all then why not just got /anon?

Holey
10-18-2010, 01:39 PM
but thing is how does he /who all 50 cleric and all of us in EC pop up?

Shannacore
10-18-2010, 02:06 PM
no the purpose of /anon is so that druids can get crap done besides sowing and porting people

haha, truth

Nocte
10-18-2010, 02:11 PM

For what purpose? I've never understood what the big deal is with other people knowing that Guild A is raiding Plane of X.

Kuriin
10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Back on EQLive, raiding /role or /anon was mandatory -- at least my guild and guilds I knew about. Basically it's just keeping it a secret so you wouldn't have to deal with competing guilds.

Nocte
10-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Back on EQLive, raiding /role or /anon was mandatory -- at least my guild and guilds I knew about. Basically it's just keeping it a secret so you wouldn't have to deal with competing guilds.

Keeping *what* a secret? That your guild is raiding? Anyone can zone in and see that. Dealing with competing guilds isn't avoided by /role or /anon, either.

Hiding from rez/port requests I can understand. Hiding your numbers and I presume classes in a raid is kinda pointless. There's nothing that can be gleaned from a /who that's going to give away some kind of tactic that people haven't had the last 11 years to figure out.

Nikeeta
10-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Keeping *what* a secret? That your guild is raiding? Anyone can zone in and see that. Dealing with competing guilds isn't avoided by /role or /anon, either.

Hiding from rez/port requests I can understand. Hiding your numbers and I presume classes in a raid is kinda pointless. There's nothing that can be gleaned from a /who that's going to give away some kind of tactic that people haven't had the last 11 years to figure out.

Many years ago, when i was on live and around PoP expansion, was when i first noticed it was 100% mandatory to do /role or /anon anything up to an hour before raiding. Every high end guild did it. Why? Because there really were guild 'scouts' that would go and find what such-and-such guild was raiding on any given day. Again, why? So they could steal their 'finally' spawned boss.

Why would anyone wish to make a 'scout's ' life easier?

Although this isn't live, i can sympathize with why any lvl 50 would wish to go anon or role other than just to escape being pestered for res, port and buffage....force of sheer habit from years playing live, perhaps?. ....Or you never know, maybe they really are roleplaying :p

Sorrow*qc
10-19-2010, 12:10 PM
no way, druids are our slaves!

Kuriin
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM

Zoning into Plane of Sky, Sebilis, Veeshan's Peak, etc. I'm just saying for a lot of guilds, it's mandatory to raid with /role or /anon on. Only difference between the two is that /role maintains guild tag while /anon hides you completely.

Tokum-6n0m3
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
If all of lets say Divinity is anon, and you do a /who Divinity all you still get a list of a bunch of anon people, so you can still tell how many members a guild has on

This basically makes /anon a waste, tho /role helps if Im in EC and do /who druid it tells me all the druids in that zone weather there /anon or /role your all fubard till its fixed ;p

Daldaen
10-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I hate people who are anon/roleplay to hide their class so I can't ask for a DMF or Clarity or Rez or whatever...

Then they go and /who all 29 50 druid and ask me for a port.

That is all!

ShivanAngel
10-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I hate it when im trying to exp and constantly getting assaulted with tells

crack pls,
can u come clarity me?
CLARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molitoth
10-21-2010, 03:34 PM
All the raid guilds have trackers and scouters in all of the raid zones most of the time anyway. The raid guilds KNOW where the other guilds are regardless of /role... so yeah, really /role IS quite pointless on this server.

I've never understood why guilds on this server make it mandatory.

Virtuosos
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
i only put role on after someone tells me to....

and btw, im sitting here /who all 50 cleric and only getting 1 name :p only time i get an anon list or role list is when i do /who all guild

Taluvill
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
All the raid guilds have trackers and scouters in all of the raid zones most of the time anyway. The raid guilds KNOW where the other guilds are regardless of /role... so yeah, really /role IS quite pointless on this server.

I've never understood why guilds on this server make it mandatory.

This. As a tracker, you make it your point of business to know where everyone is at all times. Whether that meant leaving an alt char in all the raid zones or having multiple trackers to log in in every zone when needed, it heppened, and I did it.

Role/Anon is really pointless. Hides a guild for about 20 seconds if someone wants to find them.

halbar
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
What is the point of a guild hiding their location anyway? Are they afraid a competing guild is going to KS them? Or is it about knowing which target to take next? I never really understood this.

ShivanAngel
10-21-2010, 03:59 PM
What is the point of a guild hiding their location anyway? Are they afraid a competing guild is going to KS them? Or is it about knowing which target to take next? I never really understood this.

Its good for hiding what your planning on doing (at least for a few minutes).

Example you find out naggy is up.
People are going to have to start massing.
Suddenly a rival guild does a /who all and sees
nek
nek
lava
lava
solb
solb
lava
nek
solb

etc etc

Pretty easy to figure out what is going on. Gives you a few minute head start when massing for a mob.

Holey
10-22-2010, 03:32 PM
i only put role on after someone tells me to....

and btw, im sitting here /who all 50 cleric and only getting 1 name :p only time i get an anon list or role list is when i do /who all guild

^ so how is he finding myself in that 50 clerics? im not even a cleric ima shadowpriest o.O