PDA

View Full Version : New character

Ac888
05-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Hey guys made a new character, decided I wanted to try a Barbarian so I made a Warrior. Everfrost is a confusing place at first with a large range of mob levels, I'm assuming this still a good place for a noob barb to grind away? Should I look for greener pastures like BB or the Hills or should I stick it out here?

I am currently level 4 I think. Not sure what quests are good to do around here or what areas of Everfrost are good exp. Those higher level skellies get real annoying and can two or three shot me if I don't outrun them.

I am new to EQ I have a 31 troll SK (thats the highest I've ever made it to in this game ever) and a 10 Halfling Rogue so I can play on those if anyone wants to adventure.

Timezone: EST -5

Swish
05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
One good thing about warriors, there's warrior guilds everywhere to train skills ;)

See how you get on outside Halas, some love it... I hate it :p

Ac888
05-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Is there only one good thing? :o And I've died a few times but it seems its just those skellies that get me. I dual screen so I always have the maps open on the secondary screen.

Swish
05-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Warriors need decent weapons quite early on these days (sadly) due to MQ epic rogues who are so epic they don't know how to set up an evade macro... that's something to look up.

Personally I went SK instead, less trouble with aggro but more problems getting grouped :)

iruinedyourday
05-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Try to find some pals in blackburrow and look up the gnoll fang quest. Collect every no drop fang you can!

Maybe then try to move with some new pals to west karana, do the bandit sash quest, equip bronze weapon rewards if they are an upgrade, then vendor the rest to get you some starting plat!

Never let a gnoll fang or bandit sash rot, try to catch them all!

From there, explore and head to EC tunnel!

/who all lfg 5 10 (or any other level range) to find people all over norrath who are also looking to put a group together!

Good luck and stay EVERfrosty!

webrunner5
05-08-2015, 10:05 AM
You will probably have to be level 5 or 6 to get out of Everlost to get to BB. And that level to do the Gnolls at the entrance. But BB is good XP and the Fang quest is still good XP even since the nerf.

Barb Warrior is a good race to be. Welcome Aboard. :cool:

Ac888
05-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Like I said I have a Troll SK as well and its probably my favorite class I've tried to far just been harder to find groups lately since I got to the 30s, still in MM atm with him. On my Warrior I've been saving any fangs and vendoring all the stuff thats not an upgrade so far. Using a rusty halberd as a weap and got a few pieces of cloth armor :)