PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Brother Zephyl

korzek
05-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Was reading about Brother Z/Q today and noticed this:

Eventually, Bro Z will stop attacking and slowly walk away.
http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8883

I don't believe brother Z or even Q runs away at low health on p99. No clue how accurate monkey-buisness is though.

Also, down the list I seen a
War 57
monk 57
epic mage 60
cleric 60
ranger 60
chanter 60
was a peace of cake

Does Brother Z do too much damage on P99? No way a single cleric could heal his damage currently without running out of mana (or tank live for 20 seconds) unless mage epic pet is 3 level 60 rogue dps.

Daldaen
05-04-2015, 09:21 AM
That was late Velious, so perhaps better gear on the warrior helped. But it being a non-57 warrior and no broken Donals, a single cleric would have a very rough time doing Brother Z.

Without Donals, the lowest I've done Zephyl with was 6. All 60 and epic'd- Warrior, Cleric x2, Rogue x3.

With Donals I think we've done a 4-man before.

I think these are the differences from that post as compared to our Brother Z:

My MT for the 5 times we killed Zephyl says he doesn't seem to kick a whole lot. He says the hits are typically in the low to mid 200s (he's a lvl 57 warrior, with AC in the mid 1100s I believe). A couple fly kicks, but not a steady thing, I believe, was his observation.

Also there is a LOT of talk about trading him a 2HB weapon to eliminate his dual wielding. I don't think this currently works for any mobs on P99? Or does he even equip weapons when given to him?

Brocode
05-04-2015, 09:57 AM
That was late Velious, so perhaps better gear on the warrior helped. But it being a non-57 warrior and no broken Donals, a single cleric would have a very rough time doing Brother Z.

Without Donals, the lowest I've done Zephyl with was 6. All 60 and epic'd- Warrior, Cleric x2, Rogue x3.

With Donals I think we've done a 4-man before.

I think these are the differences from that post as compared to our Brother Z:

Also there is a LOT of talk about trading him a 2HB weapon to eliminate his dual wielding. I don't think this currently works for any mobs on P99? Or does he even equip weapons when given to him?

This would have significant consequences across the server, especially in Velious. It was commonly considered an exploit during classic, even if some got away with it. To my knowledge we have no intention of implementing this one here.

about the weapon, and about the npc talk not including the run away was also talked here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182181&highlight=2Hand)