PDA

View Full Version : Fun RP macros?

pink grapefruit
05-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Was thinking of trying out some RP stuff with a friend of mine. Like a DA message and canni /say and emote to hit every now and again. Does anyone else do this?

And how would you map a combat skill, or possibly forage, to a macro? Was thinking it was something like /useskill 1-0 but it's been so long.

Post fun RP macros! I guess lol.

evilkorn
05-04-2015, 05:09 AM
/doability is what you're looking for.

myriverse
05-04-2015, 07:31 AM
/sigh
/em exhales a ranine breath.

Mmm. Frog breath. Yum!

Brut
05-04-2015, 07:59 AM
/say fat %T fattest
/bonk

Direct at ogres encountered in the wild.

DeadlyReza
05-04-2015, 05:44 PM
/em does a happy halfing dance before remembering he he meant to be healing %t

/cast 1

/g Oops I thought someone said food Inc! never mind, healing %t

I use that every now and then

And this one

/g my mana reserves have run dry, I must pray to the gods and replenish.

/sit

/em sits down and takes out a Berry Pie to "concentrate"

iruinedyourday
05-04-2015, 05:51 PM
/nod

And do it all the time.

Nod at everything & everyone.

Ele
05-04-2015, 05:55 PM
/gu ████▀█▄ DRAGON TIME!
/gu █████████████████▄
/gu █████.▼.▼.▼.▼.▼.▼▼▼▼
/gu ▄███████▄.▲.▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
/gu ███████████████████▀▀

Adristion
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Probably not. I definitely would join one if there was one though, since I've always been big into role-playing, and am still role-playing and playing EQ2.

khanable
05-04-2015, 06:06 PM
/gu ████▀█▄ DRAGON TIME!
/gu █████████████████▄
/gu █████.▼.▼.▼.▼.▼.▼▼▼▼
/gu ▄███████▄.▲.▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

how

I must know

Ele
05-04-2015, 06:07 PM
I've noticed P1999 doesn't really have an active RP community. Are there any RP guilds out there?

There have been a few over the years, Harbingers of Thule come to mind (Iksar based RP guild), but the vast majority (95%+) people merely tolerate RP (fewer despise it as wasting their thought-processes of having to figure out what that troll is talking about) and would rather avoid it if all possible.

That is unless it is a GM event and sweet event pixels are on the line, then everyone is a roleplayer.

DeadlyReza
05-04-2015, 06:08 PM
/gu ████▀█▄ DRAGON TIME!
/gu █████████████████▄
/gu █████.▼.▼.▼.▼.▼.▼▼▼▼
/gu ▄███████▄.▲.▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

Epic troll, did anyone else try to copythe text into notepad to see if it was black text on black background?

Oleris
05-04-2015, 06:11 PM
/emote tips his fedora at %t

Ele
05-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Epic troll, did anyone else try to copythe text into notepad to see if it was black text on black background?

It works. :D

SwiftInTheNight
05-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Greetings and Salutations!

Rest assured sir, there is, in fact a small community of RPers on the P99 Blue Server. You will find though that the RPers are few and far in-between. The emote system is a fantastic opportunity to create a setting and mood with every action you take. Be it casting a spell, buffing another character, or even introductions or farewells, these are all opportunities to fashion an experience with other players and how you want them to react to your character. Here are a few tips:

1. I would highly recommend some of these commands in your emotes:

%T - Returns the current target.
Example: /em sticks his tongue out at %T.

%S - Returns the subjective gender-specific pronoun for the target (He, She, It).
Example: /em laughs at %T. %S (He, She, It) sure is funny.

%O - Returns the objective gender-specific pronoun for the target (Him, Her, It).
Example: /em doesn't think that he wants to give clarity to %O (Him, Her, It)

%P - Returns the possessive gender-specific pronoun for the target (His, Her, Its).
Example: /em looks at %T's stuff. He wants %P (His, Her, Its) weapons.

%R - Returns the race of the target (only works on Player characters).
Example: /em thinks that %T is one scary looking %R (Erudite, Human, Troll etc.)

A good listing of in-game commands can be found here (http://samanna.net/eq.general/commands.shtml)

2. You will stand out!

This is often why some people are turned away from the RP side of things. The fact is, most people just aren't good at it, and so don't be discouraged if others don't seem to positive about your role play. However, quite a few will praise it and even enjoy your subtle way of story telling.

3. Don't force it!

There will be a certain balance you will need to maintain in order to still be a functioning player that can interact/work well with other players as well as introduce your RP themes. Emote spam can be cumbersome and result in some players completely ignoring you. Knowing your characters quirks, back story, interaction with the rest of Norrath, and having a little history behind it, gives your RP more depth. You will find some players will wait to see what you say next. However, there are times, such as clutch moments before a group wipe, where it may not be appropriate to bust out that elaborate wall of text.

In the end, RPing in EverQuest, even on the Firiona Vie server, was a subtle art. It brings back a sense of wonder and adventure that we often remember experiencing in EverQuest, but some where along the way, we lost. Its a skill that's simple enough to begin, but difficult to master. Good luck to you my friend. If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to see any in-game examples, please feel free to contact me on any of my characters. Until next time, may all your adventures be grand!

Artorias