PDA

View Full Version : Question about xp on green mobs

sktank
05-02-2015, 12:36 PM
I just lvled up and a few mobs con green now but I'm wondering if they still give the same xp when they con blue, before I lvled up. Green mobs worth killing? And if their xp is reduced do you know how much?

Champion_Standing
05-02-2015, 12:43 PM
probably not worth killing

Nuan
05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Back when there were light blue mobs it was anything dark blue and over = 100%, lb was 50% and green was 25%. I assume it's still the same just without light blue?

Swish
05-02-2015, 01:29 PM
If you're in an area where its still mostly dark blues, carry on.

If its all turned old skool light blue or green I'd think about a new spot :)

Victorio
05-02-2015, 01:47 PM
If you read the con message on the mob you'll know if it's in the "light blue" or "green" range, even though both con colors are green. I believe that the mobs you describe as just having gone from dark blue to green should give you 50% xp.

webrunner5
05-02-2015, 02:16 PM
From what I have seen say if you are in a zone and 2 DB mobs attack you and a Green Mob with them you will get XP off of the 2 DB's and will get XP, probably not much, but you will get XP from even a Green mob in that session.

I have NO clue how it works overall, but at times I have gotten XP from green mobs and mostly none most of the time. :p

Jimjam
05-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Mobs start to con green before they stop giving xp. If a mob is no more than 5 levels below you it gives full xp. Otherwise it gives half xp. If the mob is less than two thirds of your level you get no xp.

As a previous poster suggested there might be a penultimate teir where low level xp mobs give 25% of their normal xp.

Remember, the higher the mob the more xp it gives, but there is a cap on how much xp you can earn off any single kill.

RevengeofGio
05-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Why was light blue removed? (I remember seeing it before SoL for sure)

Whirled
05-03-2015, 07:43 AM
ok, i DO NOT know if this is exact for this server but:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/eq_consider.html
~HTH~

huron99
05-03-2015, 11:01 AM
In my experience over 3 or 4 alts, I've noticed simply if a green con mob is 1 level below blue it will give xp identical or similar to the blue con versions. 2 levels below blue not the case and will offer a much smaller fraction.

How can you tell? Killing the mobs as all dark blues, you ding and notice some have turned green. They're still game! This is true in the 40's+ while soloing. May very well be true in 30's 20's. But it's been a while.

Voland
05-03-2015, 01:21 PM

I am guessing for the purposes of being more "classic".

Othniel626
05-03-2015, 01:41 PM
For trackers, you can tell which mobs are green which still give exp (not exactly sure, it's still sizable) and "green," or giving no exp.

Their name will show up as a certain color on track:
Green = Dark Green/Forest Green color. These mobs still give exp.
"Green" = Light Green color. These mobs will not wield exp.

Haven't really experimented with the Dark Green mobs and if they wield various exp totals, but they do seem to stay dark green for a couple of levels before bottoming out at the light green color.

Catashe
05-03-2015, 03:12 PM

It was but only barely a month before Luclin came out which is why they removed it... We aren't at that point in the timeline