PDA

View Full Version : clarification on causing exp loss

acetylene503
04-29-2015, 05:15 PM
so there i was minding my own business kiting a group of mobs, until another bard came along (twisty was their name) and decided to snare me and watch as the mobs tore me to pieces.
now, in this case, is this a violation of the red play nice policy of intentionally causing exp loss?

dis_mornin
04-29-2015, 05:16 PM
This is called play better

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Those are the risks of playing a bard.

Man up and play better

daasgoot
04-29-2015, 05:44 PM
if i see someone sneaking past mobs i try to break their invis and get the last hit on them for the YT.

sometimes i fail and they take exp loss death

where would this fall under the rules?

Tameth
04-29-2015, 05:45 PM
I am Groot.

Fame
04-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Good kill, Twisty.

Tameth
04-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Good kill, Twisty.

This.

Swish
04-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Can't hurt to petition <3

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Gr8 thrad so far

Tassador
04-29-2015, 06:37 PM
root/snare on an aoe kiter is totally legit imo and always has been don't make this shit bluer than it already is.

Itap
04-29-2015, 06:39 PM
You may want to avoid making threads like this in the future imo

daasgoot
04-29-2015, 06:53 PM
sometimes i nuke pets in hopes it trains their group then snipe some people as they are running for dear life.

is this against the rules?

Luniz
04-29-2015, 07:11 PM
bards kiting are fair game its not even a question

anyone kiting mobs in the face of another person on a pvp server deserves the challenge of warding off snares and other forms of crowd control

its part of the perks of playing on a pvp server rather than a pve server where you just sit with your thumb up your butt waiting for the bard to leave

Grimjaw
04-29-2015, 08:15 PM
stack magic resist gear so you can resist those snares

Kastro
04-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Just camp out in zone.. wait for Twisty to start kiting... then return the favor..

Efwan
04-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Lol did anyone see the empire QQ late last night about a similar situation? Hell that situation even involved YT and empire still petitionquested it. No surprise tho

Btw. They are fair game, get wrecked.

Tassador
04-29-2015, 08:53 PM
stack magic resist gear so you can resist those snares

No one had the gear to do this early in classic. I took several south karana and oot deaths from this with exp loss and never thought it was a big deal. Got mad once got over it holy shit we are such pussies.

Uuruk
04-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Rules that are specific to Project 1999 Red: The PvP Play Nice Policy.

All of the rules stated in the Project 1999 Play Nice Policy still apply to Project 1999 Red PvP, with the following exceptions:

The PvP Servers are a special case for many of the policies listed here. When one makes the decision to play on a PvP Server, they are in essence agreeing to play on a server where compromise is decided on the basis of who has the power to kill whom.

By the same token, we expect that the people on those servers will apply PvP combat in all situations where it is called for, as a resolution to the problem. As such, the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff will decline to intervene in cases where a PvP alternative exists, such as at disputed spawns where the parties involved have the ability to attack each other.

Please note that this means that kill stealing is still against the rules on Project 1999 Red. If you wish to steal someones kill, it is recommended you kill the player first and then kill their mob.

Though the PvP environment does eliminate a few of the problems experienced on the normal blue server, there are a few more PvP-specific problems that are created.

Causing Experience Loss.

Intentionally causing experience-loss to other players in the PvP environment is illegal in all cases and may result in disciplinary action when witnessed by a P99CSR. This includes things such as intentionally training NPCs. We do understand that there are cases where the experience-loss is unintentional, and no disciplinary action will be taken in those cases.

Much like how the Kill Stealing rule applies to those on the blue servers, this rule is designed to discourage and make note of those who do it habitually, thus betraying the spirit of PvP. This is one of the dangers of playing on a PvP server.

Bind-point/Corpse Camping and Loot and Scoot (LnS)

Killing someone over and over again while at his or her bind-point or while they are in the process of looting and scooting is illegal and may result in disciplinary action taken against your account.

Conversely, the person recovering their corpse is expected to do so and retreat to safety promptly. In other words, sitting next to your corpse and taunting someone while daring them to attack you so that you can /petition them is bad form, and may result in disciplinary action taken against your account.

A player is 'Looting and Scooting' (LnSing) when he has died to an opponent and opts to call Loot and Scoot. You must make your intentions clear that you are loot and scooting by communicating with the other people in the zone(s) you move through, as well as with the person who killed you, or your LnS claim will not be valid, and you can be killed. You may call Loot and Scoot in any zone after respawning from death so long as you head straight for your corpse. If you need to move across multiple zones in order to Loot and Scoot, you must call LnS as you move through each zone. If a new player enters the zone, you must call Loot and Scoot so they are aware of your intentions. You may not attack or be attacked while Loot and Scooting. After retrieving your corpse, you are allowed a short amount of time to med enough mana to safely get out of the zone (ie, enough for a couple casts of invisibility, FD, or a port spell), memorize those spells, and then must leave the zone immediately for 1 hour. This timer will start after the last person has exited the zone. If multiple players died in PvP and all choose to LnS, they may help each other do so (IE, res each other, drag corpses, port, etc) unless they have already opted out of LnS by fighting after death. After you have left the zone, you are considered to have finished Loot and Scooting, and may again be attacked.

calling LnS from pure PvE deaths is not allowed.

If you are killed and opt to fight instead of calling Loot and Scoot, you forfeit any later opportunities to invoke LnS. If you log out you may return in 1 hour and call Loot and Scoot.

In large scale PvP (7 or more players on both sides), LnS must be called by a force as a whole. Individuals may not invoke Loot and Scoot. LnS may be called by the force at any time, this option may never be forfeited. If a fight took place across multiple zones, the force is considered to have finished LnS'ing once all of their players have left the zones affected. All other LnS rules still apply.

If LnS is called, it may not be denied by the opposing player, or force. (ie: if i zone up to hate and get ganked by 30 members of <tinfoil hat>, i can call LnS without having to call force LnS, as force requires 7 or more players on both sides)

In regular PvP, you can only ever have one zone lockout active per group of players at any time. If a fight occurred across multiple zones, the winning group picks which zone the lockout will apply to.

In large scale PvP there is no limit to the number of zones a force can be locked out of. If a fight took place across multiple zones the lockout will apply to all zones a PvP related death occurred in.

Excessive bind point camping (killing a player over and over at their bind point) is against the rules.

Excessive killing of a player or group after they have finished LnSing may be stopped by a Project 1999 CSR, if it becomes excessive.

The P99CSR in attendance will decide what is reasonable in these cases. It is highly recommended that the people involved make equitable arrangements prior to involving the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff.

Clark
04-29-2015, 09:34 PM
This was part of the game on live.

Play nice policy is an embarassment to pvp, and not classic.

Clark
04-29-2015, 09:35 PM
don't make this shit bluer than it already is.

Widan
04-29-2015, 10:18 PM
That's not intentionally causing experience loss. How is he going to catch up to you without snare or root? Not his fault you have aggro on 50 mobs. Bluebie fuck.

Damn
04-30-2015, 01:10 AM

The pnp saves people like you from being griefed by people like me

ride it as long as possible chief

Chronoburn
04-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Just turn pvp off on this server. Would make 90% of the population happy anyways.

jeffd
04-30-2015, 05:08 PM
You may want to avoid making threads like this in the future imo

Clark
04-30-2015, 08:53 PM
The pnp saves people like you from being griefed by people like me

ride it as long as possible chief

Are you completely retarded? There is no way you've logged more pvp hours live/emulated than me. No comparison you noob. Also I play blue the red population is abysmal.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-30-2015, 08:57 PM
6 60s on blue is like 18 60s on red.

Shits nuts

Potus
05-01-2015, 10:03 PM

Hah no it wasn't, causing EXP loss was the quickest way to get banned/blacklisted by all guilds.

Uuruk
05-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Are you completely retarded? There is no way you've logged more pvp hours live/emulated than me. No comparison you noob. Also I play blue the red population is abysmal.

can somebody call up knix so this guy will stop posting here.

billhollins
05-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Lol did anyone see the empire QQ late last night about a similar situation? Hell that situation even involved YT and empire still petitionquested it. No surprise tho

Btw. They are fair game, get wrecked.

Nah I didn't cool story though fgt

Qtip
05-01-2015, 11:31 PM
No crime. If Im charming as an enchanter and pvp comes up... Can they not dispell my pet and root me? As an enchanter, thats fair game to me.
Bards should get no special treatment when their pulling half the zone for exp... Risk vs Reward.

Slathar
05-02-2015, 12:00 AM
lol 599% exp bonus and u cry about an exp death with a gajillion clerics with epics

shut up tard

Clark
05-02-2015, 12:10 AM
lol 599% exp bonus and u cry about an exp death with a gajillion clerics with epics

shut up tard

lol

Damn
05-02-2015, 06:36 AM
Also I play blue

I seriously doubt you've done fuck all other then sock mobs or hangout in a tunnel

i wasted years of my childhood griefing people on sullon zek making them absolutely miserable

pnp is a travesty yes but its in place again to stop bluetrash (you) from being griefed without petitionquesting and crying which you would probably do anyway

roll red ill see you there smurfette

HalflingWarrior
05-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I seriously doubt you've done fuck all other then sock mobs or hangout in a tunnel

i wasted years of my childhood griefing people on sullon zek making them absolutely miserable

pnp is a travesty yes but its in place again to stop bluetrash (you) from being griefed without petitionquesting and crying which you would probably do anyway

roll red ill see you there smurfette

Can we get a week long suspension on this psychopath please?

Guy clearly needs a break