PDA

View Full Version : player run event

Vilkata
04-28-2015, 07:16 PM
It seems Yoldi didn't realize she had a hole in her backpack. Much to her horror, all the items she had collected fell to the ground in Butcherblock Mountains. When she learned her items were missing, she retraced her steps, but was unable to locate them.

Items were placed on all types of mobs all over the zone. Around 30 items in all, some pretty nice. Caution: if you train the mobs to the guards the items will be gone.

dwarzal
04-28-2015, 08:05 PM
So far i got a Sheer bone mask and Griffin talon gloves

Vilkata
04-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Think most items were found, though a few were lost when mobs were ran to guards. Todays big winner was Threefoot. Thanks to all that participated. Hope to do another sometime soon.

harper83
04-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Thats pretty cool Event, wish i had been there. Nice to see player run events :)

Portasaurus
04-29-2015, 02:20 AM
What a great idea! Does this trick only work on certain mobs?

nilzark
04-29-2015, 09:00 AM
What MOB's did you put the items on? Just curious.

webrunner5
04-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah that is neat. I always wished the Devs would do something like that. Maybe not a Fungi Tunic on a Skelly in West Freeport lol, but something that would be pretty darn good for a level related toon in the zones once in awhile random. :cool:

curtischoy
04-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Very cool idea. I forget, can you hand any mob an item and get it back once you kill it? or do you need to charm it first?

PDX0621
04-29-2015, 10:44 AM
What a great idea! Does this trick only work on certain mobs?

Should fill the pockets of decaying skeletons with fresh produce!

Vilkata
04-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Pretty sure it works for any mob. They have to be charmed. I chose BB because its not over camped which would allow me time to place items. Wasn't a great turn out though, because I think most people believed I was joking about it. While I didn't have any fungis to place, I did have a straithbone shell shield which is almost uber to any lowbie.

If anyone wants to contribute items for the next try, let me know. I had a blast doing it and will do it again.

Almost forgot, I put the items on all manner of mobs, from goblin grunts, skunks, skellies, orc scoutsmen, bandits and chessboard mobs. In the futute I would avoid the higher lvl mobs cause most participants were very low lvl. The enraged goblins were tough and I had to help a pally kill them. I avoided the area around Kaladim because of the guards. I put 2 items on Peg Leg and he was ran to the guards also.

Vilkata, Yoldi, Woton and Ashon.

Swish
04-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Pretty sure it works for any mob. They have to be charmed. I chose BB because its not over camped which would allow me time to place items. Wasn't a great turn out though, because I think most people believed I was joking about it. While I didn't have any fungis to place, I did have a straithbone shell shield which is almost uber to any lowbie.

If anyone wants to contribute items for the next try, let me know. I had a blast doing it and will do it again.

Almost forgot, I put the items on all manner of mobs, from goblin grunts, skunks, skellies, orc scoutsmen, bandits and chessboard mobs. In the futute I would avoid the higher lvl mobs cause most participants were very low lvl. The enraged goblins were tough and I had to help a pally kill them. I avoided the area around Kaladim because of the guards. I put 2 items on Peg Leg and he was ran to the guards also.

Vilkata, Yoldi, Woton and Ashon.

Player run events are great, top work ^^