PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bard Puretone Discipline Mechanics Issues

worch
04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
The bard's puretone disc has two issues that show up depending upon when you trigger the disc in relation to casting songs.

I'll define terms to help communicate the issues below.
Casting a song: This is the time period after clicking a song icon, but before the song effect is first applied. This time period coincides with the casting bar animation filling up the gauge, hence casting.

Playing a song: This is the time period where the song is active, which begins after casting. At this point the song has been applied at least one, and the played song's effect continuously reapplies every tick while in this state.

Now the two issues.

1) If you trigger the puretone disc while casting a song, nothing happens, and the disc goes into cooldown. The attempt at using the disc is wasted.

Actual behavior: The puretone modifier is not active on the current nor subsequent songs, and the combat window (the window listing discs and showing the active disc) displays "No Effect".

Expected behavior: The current song and subsequent songs should have the puretone modifier. The combat window should display Puretone as active.

2) If puretone is triggered when a song is playing, the player enters into a broken state where the character continues playing, but the song effect is not being reapplied. Consequently, the song must be restarted (or another song started). Subsequent songs have the puretone modifier, as expected.

While in this broken state, you cannot use clickies (you get "you must stop singing to cast this spell!" messages when attempting to use clickies). You can leave this state by stopping songs as normal (e.g. starting a new song or issuing the "/stopsong" command).

Actual behavior: The currently playing song's effect stops reapplying, putting the player into a broken playing state.

Expected behavior: The currently playing song continues reapplying its effect (but a stronger version of the effect, of course, due to the now active puretone modifier).

The expected behaviors above are based on my personal expectations of non-brokenness. I never played a bard on eq live, so this broken behavior may be "classic". If you have experience with the puretone disc from live, please share your experience.

Originally posted in Velious bugs forum as this was discovered during the Dec 1st 2014 forced beta test. http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173226 . Reposting here since it was closed with no response (I assume due to being in wrong forum section?).