PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

Lorian
04-27-2015, 06:55 AM
I'm 27 and i'm ready to explore my options;

Permafrost - Still ok, but getting a bit boring (I have soloed/duoed here since lv 15). Mobs don't hit too hard, steady xp and good money, although not much loot wise. Managed to get an Archaeologist pack the other day though! :)
Unrest - seems awfully busy. At 27 would I do a fp group? And those mobs hit hard!!
Mistmoore - seems even more awfully busy, would i look for a pond group?
LOIO - I really REALLY want those earrings of station, but am I not too low level for the Sarnak Fort yet? If so, what level can I go?
Uguk - seems like a very long corpse run?
HHK goblins - used to be my absolute favourite spot on Live, is 27 a good level to group there? And can I be bound there?

Thankful for any input! :)

Fanguru
04-27-2015, 08:16 AM
25-30 is the level range for ledge group (Sarnak fort in LOIO) to get earrings of station.
HHK goblins is also a very good option.

Lorian
04-27-2015, 08:59 AM
25-30 is the level range for ledge group (Sarnak fort in LOIO) to get earrings of station.
HHK goblins is also a very good option.

That is great news! :) I guess i will bind at FV?

webrunner5
04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
MM is good to like level 35, 36. Pond group Peters out at like 26, 27 XP wise. Do GY CE. Pit is the pits lol. :eek: Way too many Casters. Not enough mobs. GY sort of takes them.

But sadly most all zones anymore, good zones, are just too full of people. Hard to get a group anywhere now. Never thought I would say this, but there is just too many people playing on here now. There is a reason Live had several servers and they sort of bought out new Expansions in a TIMELY manner. What can I say. :p

Lorian
04-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Well, I died horribly (lost a level as bonus) at FV by the hands of a froglok shaman running at SoW speed. Noob mistake trying to cross that zone without SoW or invis.... :( When I get the corpse back I'm heading back to Perma and stay there until I hit 30.

kaev
04-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Well, I died horribly (lost a level as bonus) at FV by the hands of a froglok shaman running at SoW speed. Noob mistake trying to cross that zone without SoW or invis.... :( When I get the corpse back I'm heading back to Perma and stay there until I hit 30.

FV is easier to navigate safely in 3rd-person view, especially when you're lower level and/or not very familiar with the zone. Also, be aware that the guards do not kill the pirates so inadvertent pirate agro can end badly even if you make it to town. Once you get a feel for the zone it's easy enough to get to/from the LoIO zoneline, even as a naked and completely unbuffed warrior at L20. Seriously, my warrior made multiple CRs from FV to LoIO in his 20s. Use 3rd person view to scan for mobs and strafe-run to cut the time you're at risk.

wormed
04-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Mistmoore can be done til 40 very comfortably and quickly with the right groups. A good CY group will never have a shortage of mmobs and get you chances at HBC and diamondine earrings. But that'd be around 35.

Anyway, +1 MM. Can suck with trains or no groups but I found there was always a tank shortage there.

applesauce25r624
04-30-2015, 04:09 AM

don't forget to keep conning mobs while running, even with invis

i think some of those scary ass spiders in FV see through invis

webrunner5
04-30-2015, 11:33 AM

God I hate that zone!! Lot of spells for casters there only. Why dear God, why? :D Like Casters have tons of HP to live in there, not!

kaev
04-30-2015, 01:04 PM

Random drachnids and drolvargs will see invis, not sure about the frogs & pirates. I found it best to assume they all could see invis and use avoidance & speed (SoW or strafe-running) when travelling thru FV. In general, when travelling between FV outpost and LoIO zoneline don't dawdle, get to your destination quickly.

It's also possible to hunt along the cliffs east of the outpost.