PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Zoning Upper Guk/Innothule Swamp

Rooj
04-27-2015, 03:54 AM
Made a troll shaman, I could not zone into Upper Guk until level 5. Prior, it told me I wasn't experienced enough to pass through a planar portal and teleported me near Grobb.

Also, it doesn't seem to happen every time, but most of the time I zone out of Upper Guk to Innothule Swamp, all of my buffs are stripped.

Brocode
04-27-2015, 04:11 AM
if your health is very low %, buffs will be stripped aka classic and in case you zone with 2% and dotted that might save your life.

About the experienced thing, shrug.

Rooj
04-27-2015, 04:48 AM
Unless I'm mistaken HP% didn't seem to matter in these cases.

evilkorn
04-27-2015, 09:17 AM
I heard this level requirement is to prevent griefing from macroquesters causing trains and making new accounts after getting banned, but has unintended consequences for legit players.

Daldaen
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
if your health is very low %, buffs will be stripped aka classic and in case you zone with 2% and dotted that might save your life.

About the experienced thing, shrug.

Buffs are removed if your HP when zoning is less than the total HP you gain from items with raw HP.

Example:

If you have 50 HP when you zone
And the ONLY items with HP you are wearing are Platinum Fire Weddingn Rings (55HP each). Then due to 50 being less than 110 (55x2), your buffs get stripped.

However had you zoned with 111 HP, you would've kept all your buffs.

I have no idea what causes the planar portal message though.

Man0warr
04-27-2015, 10:48 AM
I heard this level requirement is to prevent griefing from macroquesters causing trains and making new accounts after getting banned, but has unintended consequences for legit players.

Yep. Nilbog/Rogean also put restricts on Crushbone, Befallen, City of Mist, etc. until they figure out a better solution to the endless level 1 macroquest trainers.

Rooj
04-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Buffs are removed if your HP when zoning is less than the total HP you gain from items with raw HP.

Thaaaat's what it is probably. I never knew. Someone told me that it was probably a remnant from the live client. Okie doke then, thanks folks.

Ele
04-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Thaaaat's what it is probably. I never knew. Someone told me that it was probably a remnant from the live client. Okie doke then, thanks folks.

Had to be added back in to make classic! :D

Korain
04-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Am I to assume that this is the reason that the Iksar Monk I made yesterday cannot enter into Swamp of No Hope?

Luniz
04-28-2015, 09:42 AM
you cannot leave newbie zones until a certain level anymore

extremely unclassic

band aid approach to dealing with people who mq-train using level 1's

Man0warr
04-28-2015, 10:59 AM
It's just temporary until they develop a better solution.

Korain
04-29-2015, 12:18 AM
So what level do you need to be to leave a newbie zone?

How is Swamp of No Hope not considered a newbie zone? I mean, really?