PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Observed some players afk leveling swimming

Nirgon
04-22-2015, 12:55 PM
These fucks should drown after losing stamina (endurance, yellow bar w/e) pretty quickly or just sink to the bottom and be immobile (thus gaining no skill ups) if they have an EB item

*shakes fist at free gaming experience*

Wrench
04-22-2015, 01:23 PM
multiple bug threads on stamina system, think devs are aware

post to rnf and stop trolling nilbog pls

koros
04-22-2015, 02:00 PM
These fucks should drown after losing stamina (endurance, yellow bar w/e) pretty quickly or just sink to the bottom and be immobile (thus gaining no skill ups) if they have an EB item

I think I afk leveled swimming on live and it worked fine?

Itap
04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Shits classic, move along

Brocode
04-24-2015, 09:52 AM
envy, classic indeed. Just because you dislike a game mechanic that is from the game, doesnt mean its a bug.

Daldaen
04-24-2015, 09:58 AM
AFK swimming confirmed classic
AFK swimming without a worn EB item, confirmed not classic due to aforementioned stamina.

Freakish
04-24-2015, 10:39 AM
brb going to Everfrost where I can skillup on top of the ice.

Lasmori
05-04-2015, 10:09 PM

I remember doing that quite a bit back during kunark/velious on live EQ. Jump in water, face a corner with autorun on... come back later to a couple skillups.

Skilling up swimming is such a pain and isn't exactly all that useful. No difference to macroing Sense Heading / Track / Forge to your turn keys. (Also something I've done for a very very long time)

Grimjaw
05-05-2015, 01:45 AM
I remember doing that quite a bit back during kunark/velious on live EQ. Jump in water, face a corner with autorun on... come back later to a couple skillups.

this. the trick was to wedge yourself auto running into a corner, that way you would never sink.. CLASSIC

Kreylyn
05-05-2015, 07:25 AM
In Classic...

You could hit the pool in Freeport that is deep enough to trip your swimming but not deep enough for you to be under the water to need an EB item.

On P99...

You can get skill ups running in shallow water or on ice.

Krey

WolfsongReborn
05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
I think I afk leveled swimming on live and it worked fine?

Pretty much everyone and their mom did. Yeah. Classic for sure.

bulbousaur
05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Yes, this was classic.