PDA

View Full Version : Screwed myself over with a noob mistake, and need help!

crazykappa
04-15-2015, 06:25 PM
After looking up monk equipment on the wiki, i bought a granite bracer 4-5 days ago, but made the costly mistake of not looking to see if Iksar can use... The seller would not buy back after i found i could not use, and i have not been able to find a buyer since. Have only been on server less then a month, so really need to get rid of it, as i really need the pp. Can someone do me the HUGE favor, and buy it?

Thank you very much for you time
Mike

wormed
04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Dude... sit in EC. You will find a buyer.

loramin
04-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Dude... sit in EC. You will find a buyer.
That, but also you can use the East Commonlands Tunnel forum here (in the "General Community" forum group) to sell your bracer. Just be sure to only "bump" it (post a reply to it or edit it) once per day.

Good luck.

jarshale
04-15-2015, 07:18 PM
I'll buy it for 200p

crazykappa
04-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Take a look at the auction logger, ppl buying vs ppl selling, HUGE difference. Days will go by without a single person asking to buy, yet there will be 5-10 posts a day to sell it. Don't understand why its worth so much, supply and demand must not mean much on this server. I'm guessing that's why original seller refused to buy back, he was having just as much trouble as i am, cant blame him really, my fault anyways.

loramin
04-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Take a look at the auction logger, ppl buying vs ppl selling, HUGE difference. Days will go by without a single person asking to buy, yet there will be 5-10 posts a day to sell it. Don't understand why its worth so much, supply and demand must not mean much on this server. I'm guessing that's why original seller refused to buy back, he was having just as much trouble as i am, cant blame him really, my fault anyways.

Auction trackers track exactly that: what gets said in /auction. But the thing is, while sellers usually hawk their goods in /auction, very few buyers do. Instead many buyers just watch the auction spam for the item they want to buy, and then contact the seller directly (which, of course isn't tracked).

So I wouldn't draw any conclusions just because an item has ten times as many "WTS" messages as it has "WTB" ones. Instead, I'd suggest you:

A) trust in the invisible hand of the market (ie. there must be buyers out there for the item, otherwise the price would drop)
B) if you really want to find out how often an item gets sold, you have to look at when the sellers stop posting. In other words, if you see posts from Bob hawking his bracers for several days, and then suddenly no "WTS bracers" from Bob, you can probably assume that Bob sold his bracers.

Ravager
04-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Reroll human, ditch the doofy tail and your problem is solved.

Issar
04-15-2015, 08:06 PM
If you're clever enough to use auction tracker and sharp enough to create a thread, then you're capable of posting in the correct forums, where people are actively looking to buy and sell things. I'll give you a hint of where that is: not here.