PDA

View Full Version : Least Played Class

Kink
10-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Title sais it all, what is the least represented class currently and why? Maybe the lowest 3.

Noselacri
10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Tanks of all kinds, warriors and rangers in particular. I don't think any other class is noticeably uncommon.

XDrake
10-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Not nearly enough wizards. Some days I do a /who all wiz and I literally see all of them.

quellren
10-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that many wizards are /anon.
I mean, what is a wizard other than a bus? :P

hedbonker
10-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Gonna need more rogues in Kunark :)

Kink
10-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Why more rogues?

Tork
10-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Rogue value goes up with much improved DPS - when you add Ragebringer to the equation, it goes way up.

Kink
10-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Good to hear, since i my first toon here is a rogue :p

Currently lvl 17, same name as forums, look for me in game for groups!

XDrake
10-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Some dungeons in Kunark like Howling Stones are places were rogues are priceless... Opening doors... Sneaking around corners where both live and dead could be to make sure they are clear. Priceless.

hedbonker
10-07-2010, 01:00 AM
OS has locked doors as does Chardok. Can't do Royals without a rogue there...

Tol
10-07-2010, 01:44 AM
over the last several months between levels 1-30 in the karanas area I have grouped with:

~70% druids, mages, shaman, chanter, necro
~30% paladins, wizards, clerics
1 warrior, 1 bard
0 rangers, rogues, shadowknights

Wizerud
10-07-2010, 03:16 AM
I can't imagine any class is less played than a ranger. They have easily the worst rep plus the 40% xp penalty. You've gotta really like rangers to play one.

Lagaidh
10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
I think I've seen 2 rangers since being on the server. Granted I'm not yet well traveled, but still.

DekThai
10-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I think it was Ranger and Bard.

How about race? I have never seen Troll or Ogre female running around yet...don't blame them because they are fkin ugly lol.

Glaani
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
We have a female Ogre Warrior in our guild. At least I think it's a she, I'm kinda scared to look too closely.

Nazran
10-07-2010, 09:09 AM
As I am only 20 and this is my first toon here... my perception from least played is

Ranger
Warrior
Bard / SK

eqravenprince
10-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Last night when I did a class count with 700+ on, Ranger was the lowest with 14. I believe Rogue was next lowest with 23.

Messianic
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I love Rangers...but they are a bit gimped in Classic.

eqravenprince
10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I like Rangers too, but I think I'll wait until I can twink one out.

Messianic
10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I like Rangers too, but I think I'll wait until I can twink one out.

Word of advice - if you really want to play a ranger over what you currently play, just play the ranger, despite the difficulty. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

I took the wrong path and have been really bored. Sure, I have cash and I was able to twink the character I really wanted to play, but I wasted a ton of time. Money comes with levels as a fruit of the leveling process (provided you go to the right areas, etc).

ShivanAngel
10-07-2010, 10:59 AM
yup I really want to make a rogue, however no intention of doing it till he has a fungi and other goodies.

Aadill
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Word of advice - if you really want to play a ranger over what you currently play, just play the ranger, despite the difficulty. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

I took the wrong path and have been really bored. Sure, I have cash and I was able to twink the character I really wanted to play, but I wasted a ton of time. Money comes with levels as a fruit of the leveling process (provided you go to the right areas, etc).

Everyone that claims a ranger is gimped is namely because they do exactly this - they twink it out and get bored because they spent so much money on a character that they never get to see progress to better things. I played a wizard, monk, warrior, and shadowknight on live. None of them compare to the experience I am having with my ranger and I totally enjoy it. It's a different world, being able to base your very movements off of what you see on track.

Ranger is my main - I made my own armor, then quested my own armor/weapons, then got planar gear/god loot/dragon loot etc. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world, because I can see that while rangers do have their disadvantages, they can hold their own. They *are* an underplayed class because not many people take the time to enjoy them through and through.

Frice
10-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Everyone that claims a ranger is gimped is namely because they do exactly this - they twink it out and get bored because they spent so much money on a character that they never get to see progress to better things.

That's pretty much true with any class I think. Twinking is hugely fun, but you really miss out on a lot, and definitely don't get to experience the sense of accomplishment of normal character progression.

skootr
10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Just wait for the AE groups to start up next expansion and you will see an increase in the number of wizards grouping up. ;)

ShivanAngel
10-07-2010, 01:54 PM
gogo 2 chanters, 3 wizards, and a cleric!!!

Jilora
10-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Ive played a female ogre since day 1!

and I am the prettiest ogre of them all!

Dregs
10-07-2010, 05:03 PM
In general I find my groups lacking melee dps more than anything else. I'm 33 and along the way have seen the fewest rogues, warriors, bards in no particular order. Relatively few monks my level as well, although there seem to be quite a few higher level ones active.

Kink
10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Im glad im playing a rogue then :)

Droop
10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Ranger followed by wizzies! We need more wizzies!

Dregs
10-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Im glad im playing a rogue then :)
Yeah I would definitely like to see more rogues, but as was mentioned this will probably happen around Kunark anyway :p

Teseer
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
How are bardz? I seem to see a lot of em, but they do stand out more.

Droop
10-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Bards are medium I'd say, an ok amount but never enough rlly. Bards pwn!

Kassel
10-07-2010, 07:32 PM
its funny i have 2 chars in the 20's. Neither have grouped with a pally yet...

audacity
10-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I was hoping ENC would be rather rare...but apparently not lol, I guess it does make sense though o_O

Glorfinrod
10-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Well I just started playing this today, and I was planning to make a farming class, but after being reminded how slow the leveling is and after reading this thread, I was inspired to just make the class I wanted to make: a ranger. Everyone go ahead and make ranger jokes etc etc. Also if any new players are in the GFay area tonight I will be grinding out level 4 >.> Feel free to stop by and group with me, twink me, or just give me some nice buffs :D

Dregs
10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't really see a lot of ranger hate in game, the closest being when the rest of my group turns down an LFG ranger because I'm an SK and some people understandably like to limit themselves to one horrible hybrid penalty per group :p

For the most part the rangers I group with here can carry their weight just fine, although some of them seriously need to ditch those Ebony Bladed Swords, ffs

YendorLootmonkey
10-07-2010, 09:17 PM
For the most part the rangers I group with here can carry their weight just fine, although some of them seriously need to ditch those Ebony Bladed Swords, ffs

Newp. Scales up to 60-pt DD proc at lvl 50, no aggro (just instruct your tank to be the closest to the mob at all times.) Even helps warriors retain aggro. It's like EQ on EZ mode.

Noselacri
10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
There's also plenty of situations where it completely fucks up everything. A ranger who has a pair of EBS and a pair of other weapons is a good ranger. A ranger who only ever uses a pair of EBS and doesn't carry any other weapons is a moron.

Glorfinrod
10-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Well all I have is a rusty short sword so I'm ok right? :D

YendorLootmonkey
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
There's also plenty of situations where it completely fucks up everything. A ranger who has a pair of EBS and a pair of other weapons is a good ranger. A ranger who only ever uses a pair of EBS and doesn't carry any other weapons is a moron.

I have EBWs for those times, but I haven't *had* to pull them out. Especially since I'm just wandering around LFG 90% of the time. Pretty safe to use EBS those times, I reckon.

But, seriously, I'm obviously not going to use EBS on yellow/red con mobs and risk getting procs resisted and gaining aggro, I would assume that's common sense. Your standard blue mob XP group -- never had an issue.

Dregs
10-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Newp. Scales up to 60-pt DD proc at lvl 50, no aggro (just instruct your tank to be the closest to the mob at all times.) Even helps warriors retain aggro. It's like EQ on EZ mode.

Yeah I love being in a group that only has root for CC and being unnecessarily beat on by two or more mobs because the ranger unintentionally rooted the current target right to where someone else rooted an add. Or not being able to reposition a mob or otherwise extract myself from its pelvis without someone's pet or rogue getting beaten on. It's like EQ on EZ mode. :D

Some might appreciate the "help", I just think they're a pain in the ass in many situations.

DekThai
10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
True story, I was in Upper Guk with my War, I put on LFG tag and I get the group right away, but I have to wait 10 minutes ( I was replacement, monk was tanking ).

One Ranger around my lvl was LFG, so we chatted a bit because he was decked out. I didn't inspect him but when I saw 2 yaks, there wasn't anything else to inspect.

He told me he had been killing spiders for the past 2 hours and no spot for him. Other classes that came after, already got group.

I felt so bad for the guy, and he logged out right in front of me when I have to bounce to join my group.

:****(

/violin

YendorLootmonkey
10-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah I love being in a group that only has root for CC and being unnecessarily beat on by two or more mobs because the ranger unintentionally rooted the current target right to where someone else rooted an add. Or not being able to reposition a mob or otherwise extract myself from its pelvis without someone's pet or rogue getting beaten on. It's like EQ on EZ mode. :D

Some might appreciate the "help", I just think they're a pain in the ass in many situations.

Mistake #1: Someone else besides the ranger rootparking if root is your only CC. Let the ranger handle it (unless he bought his toon off Bob and twinked it out.)

The other classes that can root have better uses for their mana. Unless the entire group has a super intense need for Feet Like Cat, or I'm harmony pulling (in which case if I do get adds somehow, I'm rootparking them on the way in), I've probably got a full mana bar or close to it.

I apologize for your experience with lousy rangers, but there's quite a few here that can play their class and adapt as needed to the group's needs.

With or without your arch-nemesis, the EBS.

Besides, I can always swap them out for...

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7465/shoveler.jpg

YendorLootmonkey
10-07-2010, 11:28 PM
PS: Please disregard my corpse underneath the crusher near the bats in Sol B. That shit fuckin' surprised my ass.

Dregs
10-08-2010, 12:02 AM
on Bards: yeah they're rareish here but tbh I never saw too many on Live so it seems about right.

I apologize for your experience with lousy rangers, but there's quite a few here that can play their class and adapt as needed to the group's needs.

With or without your arch-nemesis, the EBS.

Yeah I know/mentioned this. Thanks!

Maybe you're reading too much into it because you've seen too much of the ranger bashing and impotent fagrage that pours out of so many of our fellow forumgoers. I'm actually not trash talking the EBS or rangers in general. I'm aware of the sword's situational utility. If you take it personally that others are not then I dunno what to tell you :[