PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the good times

Veltira
04-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the good times guys, I'm out. I enjoyed my time in Holo, i enjoyed all the rivalries and times. I was banned last night for "Kill Stealing" Hadden. I was the first person to the camp by 15 minutes, i was the first person to do more than 51% damage. One week ban. On red. For contesting a spawn. Love you guys.

snufzaimoverlord
04-13-2015, 01:22 PM
yep, usual way things roll.

fred schnarf
04-13-2015, 01:23 PM
who is your char?

Ezalor
04-13-2015, 01:23 PM
don't lie, you'll come crawling back

Madbad
04-13-2015, 01:24 PM
you got the timer on hadden?

Veltira
04-13-2015, 01:25 PM
you got the timer on hadden?

3 and 9, Sir.

dontbanpls
04-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Another nazi fuck cleansed from norrath

dinnerrollofdoom
04-13-2015, 01:28 PM
granted, holo can suck a D, but isn't kill stealing allowed on red?

"Kill stealing will not be an offense on the PvP Server, and may be used against other players even in situations where the players can not directly attack eachother. A higher level may chose to grief a lower level out of a camp, but be thankful he isn't able to kill you instead and move along."

Wrench
04-13-2015, 01:29 PM
your wording sounds suspicious, you sittin afk without killin and someone oor engaged?

get pissed and decide to burn the mob down?

if your goin out anyhow, spill the deets

Wrench
04-13-2015, 01:31 PM
"Kill stealing will not be an offense on the PvP Server, and may be used against other players even in situations where the players can not directly attack eachother. A higher level may chose to grief a lower level out of a camp, but be thankful he isn't able to kill you instead and move along."

wheres this from?

this is from pnp

"Please note that this means that kill stealing is still against the rules on Project 1999 Red. If you wish to steal someones kill, it is recommended you kill the player first and then kill their mob."

Veltira
04-13-2015, 01:32 PM
your wording sounds suspicious, you sittin afk without killin and someone oor engaged?

get pissed and decide to burn the mob down?

if your goin out anyhow, spill the deets

Here's exactly what i told Eunomia:

I was at that spawn 10-15 minutes before anyone else showed up. I was the only person in the zone besides a lv 7. Then 4 other people show up around the time he spawns and I'm in trouble for killing a mob I was camping? Noone was in range to me or i would have fought them for the camp. Am i to understand that I was supposed to just leave when others showed up to kill him? I swear to all that I believe in there was no KS;ing, this sounds more like multiple people petitioned a lie.

To which she jsut closed the petition. I keep hearing all the older red players talking about how this is the worst shape the servers been in. Maybe the moderation is part of the problem.

Osyruz
04-13-2015, 01:34 PM
granted, holo can suck a D, but isn't kill stealing allowed on red?

This is incorrect, you can not just take someones camp. IF they are in range to you, you can kill them and take their camp, but if you are not able to pvp them to take it, it is their camp until they get PKed or leave.

Always defer back to blue rules if you can't attack the person and take their camp.

dinnerrollofdoom
04-13-2015, 01:34 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/About_Red99

Wrench
04-13-2015, 01:36 PM
if you engaged in a reasonable time frame, even more so if you killed the previous spawn, then it shoulda been your mob, even under blue rules

fucked if true

Osyruz
04-13-2015, 01:37 PM

That's the Wiki, which is edited by players, the actual rules are in this very forum.

Wrench
04-13-2015, 01:37 PM

wiki link? chortled

Pikrib
04-13-2015, 01:38 PM

Ignore about 90 percent of everything on that link.

dinnerrollofdoom
04-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Didn't know it was player made, good to know heh thanks

Pikrib
04-13-2015, 01:39 PM
if you engaged in a reasonable time frame, even more so if you killed the previous spawn, then it shoulda been your mob, even under blue rules

fucked if true

It's first to engage. Other guy probably got the first hit in.

Wrench
04-13-2015, 01:40 PM

not for campable mobs

Osyruz
04-13-2015, 01:43 PM

That's only for non static spawns, such as AC in South Ro. Camps like Hadden, it's whoever is camping it, not who engages first.

Lev_Mer
04-13-2015, 01:46 PM
eunomia say it isnt so... tell us why you banned veltira it cant be this simple, u are too good of a gm... was he rude

Veltira
04-13-2015, 01:47 PM
That's only for non static spawns, such as AC in South Ro. Camps like Hadden, it's whoever is camping it, not who engages first.

I wish this were true but clearly it cant be. I was banned regardless. The server has been a blast so far but a week long ban for something I didn't do is just dumb. Good news, in one week it will be 4-20 and as that's a good holiday for me i'll sign back in and distribute my gear/plat in some fun way. I'll be returning about 25k worth of items to the guild and then there's about 30k more in stuff, a little plat maybe 7k. I'll come up with a fun contest or something. Till then it's been a blast, thanks for all the great times!

pgerman
04-13-2015, 01:48 PM
this is what happens to my server when a bunch of retards from blue start playing here

lite
04-13-2015, 01:52 PM
this is what happens to my server when a bunch of retards from blue start playing here

lol, fucking josh.

Pikrib
04-13-2015, 01:53 PM

you're correct. please watch my video for apology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rwPovyR9HY

Osyruz
04-13-2015, 01:54 PM
That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. It should also be noted that if you camp out or leave the zone, you have forfeited a camp. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Cut and Pasted directly from Play nice policy....

Tassador
04-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Guy has about 55k of stuff he is going to return or raffle but goes on a tirade and kill steals hadden with 800pp fishbone earring.

Yea only retards play here.

Lev_Mer
04-13-2015, 01:56 PM
so if veltira was there in zone first at hadden these guys have no claim.

now, lets hear the facts from eunomia

vouss
04-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Yeah sorry to hear man, the GM's here seem pretty keen on always making awful decisions. The only saving grace is the calls are made far and few between. If you decide to stick around though, be ready for you and your pals to eat random suspensions over stupid things at any given time, don't get rustled, or quit, take them in stride.

It's unfair to everyone else on this server when you quit because you got suspended unjustly, but you were not willing to quit when someone else got suspended unjustly.

Also you can probably expect more rules like this to be put in place, as it's a catching trend, - making the server more blue brings more people, and population means everything. Figured you would of been familiar with this playing in Holocaust.

Littlegyno 13.0
04-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Yeah sorry to hear man, the GM's here seem pretty keen on always making awful decisions. The only saving grace is the calls are made far and few between. If you decide to stick around though, be ready for you and your pals to eat random suspensions over stupid things at any given time, don't get rustled, or quit, take them in stride.

It's unfair to everyone else on this server when you quit because you got suspended unjustly, but you were not willing to quit when someone else got suspended unjustly.

Also you can probably expect more rules like this to be put in place, as it's a catching trend, - making the server more blue brings more people, and population means everything. Figured you would of been familiar with this playing in Holocaust.

upvoted 4 truth except last part about holocaust.

u just cudnt do 1 post without slander cud u.

Ohno
04-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Were you afk at all?

Veltira
04-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Were you afk at all?

I don't afk on Red. That's how you get killed.

vouss
04-13-2015, 02:27 PM
upvoted 4 truth except last part about holocaust.

u just cudnt do 1 post without slander cud u.

;)))))))))))

Coffee
04-13-2015, 02:46 PM

true

but

when your guild (Azrael by extension) is the most notorious petitionquesters and ban phishers... what does that say about the "red"ness ?

Ohno
04-13-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't afk on Red. That's how you get killed.

Assuming complete honesty here: GM may have just assumed the worst and thought you were screwing over the 4.

This does seem odd overall.

hatelore
04-13-2015, 02:53 PM
And you momo's want Eunomia to lead gm red. lol, shit's vlassic.

Kesrin
04-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Red just another bluebie carebear cock holstering sack of QQ?

Confirmed.

Lev_Mer
04-13-2015, 02:54 PM
now we HAVE to hear from eunomia! ENLIGHTEN US

Slathar
04-13-2015, 02:56 PM
hahaha u got banned fucking hacker

go back to blue and eat a rack of ribs perhaps a cupcake idiot hakcer

Owned

hatelore
04-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Let me tell you a true story. I was camping Mistmoore with no one in zone. Some druid showed up and told me to hold 1 camp or he would petition and he would get me banned, because " I have done it in the past, don't test me". So I go to HBC camp and he strolls in a few minutes later and tells me its camped... Although I was clearing it the entire time for hours..... Eunomia shows up and tells me it's his camp. I try to explain to her and still... It's his camp. She would not budge, even though this guy just pops in zone out of no where after I have been there for hours.

So what would a rational guy do in a situation like that? Train them both. Suspended 2 weeks, no soup! So I came to red, where I could kill that druid instead of argue with him.

inb4 tldr~

daasgoot
04-13-2015, 03:30 PM
i got 1 week for saying "fag"

Tyva got 2 weeks for following the rules.

shits gay

Rednaros
04-13-2015, 03:32 PM
June suspended for 7 days staff disrespect
[Sun Apr 12 17:16:16 2015] You say out of character, 'eunomia dont forget our date in kerra isle tommorrow morning'
[Sun Apr 12 16:18:19 2015] June says out of character, 'please leave eunomia alone she is a saint and beautiful'

Sektor
04-13-2015, 03:33 PM
true

but

when your guild (Azrael by extension) is the most notorious petitionquesters and ban phishers... what does that say about the "red"ness ?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/537/6MfruO.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/ex6MfruOj)

vouss
04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
true

but

Azrael is not my guild? holocaust isn't either who I'd say are right on par with petitions. Friends though? We don't care.

Pikrib
04-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Didn't Retti petition his own guildleader and get em banned?

Sektor
04-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Didn't Retti petition his own guildleader and get em banned?

yaw he's a great guy tho, def never rmted, or cheated in anyform, he paid mellowyellow to do his homework for him once hehe.

Nirgon
04-13-2015, 03:45 PM
"Real pvpers" ban fish constantly

Lesson learned pal, c u in a week

erog84
04-13-2015, 03:46 PM
We only have one side of the story.... that being sad, would not be surprised if this is true. While I have had a few good interactions with GM's over the 6 years or so I have played here, I have also had a few that fall in line similar to this.

wormed
04-13-2015, 03:56 PM
This server is sounding like shit. Why is Red better than Blue again? No PvP (apparently), petition wars, and drug rmt...

Poopsocking on blue sounds pretty reasonable in comparison.

Mudslinger
04-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Learn your lesson keep a well geared alt on a different account

Agatha
04-13-2015, 04:09 PM
ill reserve judgement until i know if any proof was provided, but knowing how things have been run, and knowing i have been banned 8 times simply by a petition alleging i have done something wrong and them just saying "oh ok, the petitioner must be right" and caught a ban, i feel your pain.

Cid
04-13-2015, 04:42 PM
I would imagine at this point the GMs have witnessed and been told enough he said/she said sob stories and the stupid ass fighting and arguing between guilds, most of it intentionally done publicly, that has made lots of people guilty by association. I can't even imagine how many /reports of petty shit they get, not to mention the ones where people assume something completely wrong or the blatant lies.
Hell, I've been reported on multiple times for being a boxed toon while PLing a friend. That's why in the real world filing a false police report and lying in court are crimes, and probably should be on here.

As a whole we are immature, whiny children that are pointing fingers with one hand and beating our chest with the other. I'm surprised they haven't decided to punish us all until we learn to police ourselves. Most of the shit between guilds on here and in ooc should have been stopped by the Leaders and Officers before it could begin. You have the authority to do it and if you don't have the maturity to walk away yourself you shouldn't be in a position of power yourself.

Eunomia
04-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Be sure to cast your vote! RIGHT HERE: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186890

Lev_Mer
04-13-2015, 05:12 PM
lmfao!! eunomia cheeky!!!

Veltira
04-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Be sure to cast your vote! RIGHT HERE: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186890

No excuses, no proof, no explanation, not even a word of understanding. Just a bitch. Enjoy your server folks, and your oh so wonderful staff.

Uuruk
04-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Gone are the days where Eunomia refused to help on red because she didnt know the rules. Guess that's still the case.

Ezalor
04-13-2015, 05:45 PM
No excuses, no proof, no explanation, not even a word of understanding. Just a bitch. Enjoy your server folks, and your oh so wonderful staff.

staff doesn't discuss decisions in public, this has been a policy since day numero uno

also here is a reminder that you're not a paying customer and are yelling at a volunteer on a free emulator server

Eunomia
04-13-2015, 05:47 PM
I hate to spoil the fun, but I respond to petitions. I answer your questions, which I did. Once it's moved to resolved, it's resolved. We don't normally read petitions when resolved.

If you wanted to appeal it, you needed to petition again.

Since you're quitting, no need for that now.

Uuruk, the days are not gone. I don't deal with red discipline. I still don't know the rules. I did not make this ruling.

Shocking, I know.

Veltira
04-13-2015, 05:50 PM

Yes, i truly believe that by telling you guys you messed up you'll reinstate my characters.

I spent some months here, kept my nose clean, never petitioned or made waves. I donated, I helped to further the community, and more than anything I followed the rules. I've given my side of the story, I'm guessing the reason noone wants to further this petition is because the logs will prove i'm right; thus showing at least a little negligence by a staff member. I'm not an idiot, you guys are going to cover for each other that's what you have to do. Just sucks that someone who had done nothing wrong is the scapegoat. You guys sit around and wonder why red doesn't grow, maybe it's because you punish the innocent and exonerate the hyper-guilty. Hell even Nizzar got to come back with stipulations. A week long ban for something I didn't do, that you have no proof that i did; is just ridiculous.

Ipman_Wingchun
04-13-2015, 05:51 PM
I hate to spoil the fun, but I respond to petitions. I answer your questions, which I did. Once it's moved to resolved, it's resolved. We don't normally read petitions when resolved.

Uuruk, the days are not gone. I don't deal with red discipline. I still don't know the rules. I did not make this ruling.

Shocking, I know.

Eunomia Clinton for President!

daasgoot
04-13-2015, 05:52 PM
FREE TYVA, UNJUSTLY SUSPENDED FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES

Uuruk
04-13-2015, 06:15 PM

Shocking, I know.

I'm aware <3

Tameth
04-13-2015, 07:27 PM
tyva and brobby can rot in piss.

Clark
04-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Another nazi fuck cleansed from norrath

Lev_Mer
04-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Yes, i truly believe that by telling you guys you messed up you'll reinstate my characters.

it worked for runya didnt it

Tune
04-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Complains about 1 week LOL

i get 1 month for an incidental 40 slash damage kill on a player

Stasis01
04-14-2015, 05:04 AM
ahahahahah

Sirken
04-14-2015, 05:30 AM
Dear Angry Player.

http://i.imgur.com/ibuJRa3.png

if you feel this decision was reached in error, please use the petition forum. we arent just pulling names out of a hat and suspending random players.

have a wonderful day.

<3
Sirken

Colgate
04-14-2015, 05:36 AM
so if i go to another camp that someone is camping and get first to engage on the mob that they were there first for and then petition it when they kill it, i can just get them banned?

ban first ask questions later policy real bad imo

Agatha
04-14-2015, 05:48 AM
so if i go to another camp that someone is camping and get first to engage on the mob that they were there first for and then petition it when they kill it, i can just get them banned?

this will only ever be made right until I become your new GM, vote agatha gm 2015.

Widan
04-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Dear Angry Player.

http://i.imgur.com/ibuJRa3.png

if you feel this decision was reached in error, please use the petition forum. we arent just pulling names out of a hat and suspending random players.

have a wonderful day.

<3
Sirken

This is irrelevant though as it is a static camp. So if the players are not in pvp range we revert to the blue rule set which says the mob is awarded to whoever was camping there first, not who engaged first.

Tune
04-14-2015, 06:17 AM

I have actually left camps where I was there first to avoid this from happening because the person threatened me with petition quest

place is sick

Agatha
04-14-2015, 06:23 AM
i have a dream, that one day, there is enough staff that during a dispute they can just show up before it even spawns. and actually be in game.

instead its a system of logs and second hand information. WHY IS THERE NO STAFF.

Sirken
04-14-2015, 06:56 AM
thats one thing, to show him it wasnt just a random ban. im not going to posts another players SSs and/or fraps without permission, they can post it if they want.

and more importantly, since some of you seemed to have missed the important part;

if you feel this decision was reached in error, please use the petition forum.