PDA

View Full Version : WTS Free Level 50 Necro Account

Volga
10-06-2010, 02:03 AM
So, I don't have time to play any more as I'm working 14 hour days now and I just don't have time for it. Secondly, I've just lost the love for the game. All the trolls just suck and I have better things to do than keep up with the bullshit here.

I know there are some good people on P99, though they may be well hidden by the trolls that run free on the forums.

So, to those good people, I offer my level 50 necro Volga. Gnome, got a little gear but nothing to write home about.

I don't want money, I don't want trades etc.. Just tell me a few things about you and why you should have this account. Tell me about what EQ meant to you when you started out - tell me what your after in the game now.

Peace.

Volga.

Zero post count's need not apply, I'm not giving the account to some asshole thats already been banned if I can avoid it .

Volga
10-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the tells lads, but keep it open.. I don't want to "negotiate" persay

Volga
10-06-2010, 02:48 AM
Yea, post in the thread plz

Randiesel
10-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Shiet, I'll go first then.

I played a ton on EQLive as an SK, and always wanted to try out the necro flair. I also just started a couple weeks ago with my buddy Wevlin, and we are broke cause its both of our first times, so a character to farm gear would be excellent.

If I'm elected new President of your toon, I vow to twink at least one noobie per day with a random drop I earn. (Which I do anyway if i manage to catch lockjaw up!)

Anyway, good luck to all.

kilyen
10-06-2010, 03:01 AM
sent a PM would you like to to write what i sent you here ?

Karrmer
10-06-2010, 03:02 AM
My opinion is you should keep it. Over the years I gave many characters away and always regretted it when I inevitably came back. No BS, genuine honesty - keep it, you never know when you'll want to play again, or you'll have the time. But if you're dead set on quitting for good..

Howdy, name is Karrmer - been calling myself Karrmer in every game I've played since I first made up the name when I created my first character in 1999 - Karrmer, High Elf Mage of Solusek Ro. I put 25 pts in Strength and 5 points in Agility - this really made zero sense, and it really angered me when I learned how much INT mattered when I was in my 20's, but I sure wasn't about to restart..

I played this Mage barely into Velious but somehow logged 200 Days played. It is insane how much time one could spend on this game - camping the Idol of The Thorned I'd often have to play nonstop for 40 hours just waiting for it to drop...

From there I moved onto Sullon Zek and met Alawen, Glix, Andair and plenty others. Joined the guild <Hate> and had a good time before leaving during Luclin. Eventually I landed on Stromm, where I met Alawen again - odd - and joined with <Realm of Insanity>. They were a hilarious and impressive guild.

After that I mostly stopped playing (the end of PoP, having "won the game" by killing that giant multiheaded thing in PoTime) and eventually returned for the progression server, but it wasn't anything like Classic.

This server is. The problem is, Classic means leveling takes a LONG time. This is at times fun, and at times frustrating - as I am not 13 any longer, and with a full time job doing 9-1-1 dispatch it can be hard to dedicate the time. I made a Necro here, and am currently at 19, but it would be amazing if I could jump to 50 to get into the meat of the game I enjoy... Raiding and grouping with friends, farming gear, and just trying to somehow break and clear the hardest camps in game, ultimately prepping for Kunark.

Unlike many others I don't have a level 50 already, nor do I have other main characters funding me. I'd love to be one of the few Necromancers out there to bother with the big quests, especially the ridiculous Epic Duck stick, and starting on it (especially the Planes drops) as soon as possible would be a huge help. I love to help new players, whether it is through buffs or giving them small amounts of plat to help with their spells, tossing out gear to newbies, advice, or just helping them find their corpse when they're at their most perplexed. Everquest is an amazing game, but it is a social one, and I think it's important that people embrace that aspect more.

Alawen and others can vouch for me, I'm a real guy that is very interested in seriously playing this game. I play on the server, my highest character is my 19 Necro, and I will definitely use and enjoy your account completely legitimitely and will take great care of it. You will, whenever Kunark launches, eventually see Volga holding a large duck head in his hand. I am helpful to new and veteran players, and am just here to have some light hearted nostalgiac fun for as long as this server will run. I hope you give me that little boost I need :)

Karrmer <Veni Vidi Vici> Solusek Ro
Karrmer <Hate> Sullon Zek
Karrmer <Realm of Insanity> Stromm

.. it seems I like servers that start with S

iamjack
10-06-2010, 03:05 AM
EQ is fun still =( why quit ... i think you should keep your account, who knows what might happen tomorrow, perhaps u might want to come back EQ few months later....
but ya, i started playing EQ at 1999-2000, but i was too young at that time and i missed out all the fun bit. P99 give me a second chance to enjoy the best moment of EQ.

anyway, i am currently playing a 50 monk in the server and i am playing at off-peak hour ( i am living in Aus atm ).
because the nature of the monk, it make farming item/platinum become a real challenge.
unlike other pet class, i can't do seafury, i can't camp fbss with great efficient, i can kill hill gaint, but the more i loot, the weaker i am...
it is sad to see a empty Lguk but the max i can solo probably is ass/sup without risking too much of my life.
of coz, i can team up with other people, but at server population 150, there is no easy task. =(

i am planning to create a neco in the future, if you are willing to give me your neco it would save me alot of time.
it would be a great help for me and my mates who play in off-peak time zone.

Gear is not a big deal to me, all i need is a neco skeleton pet, some dots and FD. Even if it is a naked neco, i will take that.
btw, i love gnome =D i never kill a single gnome even i know the gnomes in sol A give sweet exp.
if you get a new job with less working hours, or if you miss EQ and suddenly want to come back Everquest, you are mostly welcome to do that.

kilyen
10-06-2010, 03:07 AM
hello volga

im a UK player started back in 1999 as a magician chippy goodfellow on lanys

by some twist of fate i have alot more time to play now then i did 11 years ago back then i worked 12 hour shifts im currently a stay at home dad which suits me really

i currently have a 29 druid that im board to tears with

i have played a necromancer on live for a very long time made it my mission to be he first froklock necro to 70 on the server when they came out

i think you should give the necromancer to me because i would take very good care of him / her and play the char rather than let it rott or strip it

i know the game and class well and would not tarnish your reputation

thank you

Ledzepp02
10-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey Volga,

My name is Kyle but my in game character is Ledzepp. I've been a huge fan of the band for the last 5 or 6 years, ever since I picked up a guitar. I love teaching myself how to play their music, and have had a blast ever since.

I started playing Everquest during the Luclin era, as a druid named Taluvil on Ayonae Ro. At about level 30 I saw the money potential behind KEI and made a Erudite enchanter named Shinyforhead. =D. Ever since then I played nothing but my enchanter, all the way to the Serpent's Spine expansion. I loved every single challenge an enchanter could endure during that time. The game was epic to me then, I felt like the sky was the limit with the possibilities that were out there.

Now, i'm living the experience that I missed by starting late, missing a lot of classic/kunark/velious content. I felt like p1999 was the perfect opportunity. Unfortunately Sky is still the limit! ;) haha, at least for now it is.

My plans for this game are dedication to my guild as we progress and grow in strength. We are a force to be reckoned with, and I want to benefit the guild in a more meaningful way. I would love to help farm big ticket items like Yaks or Blue diamonds, but a monk just can't cut it. If you truly are giving away your necromancer and quitting the game, i'm sorry to hear that. =(. But, i would definitely put the character to good use in benefiting our guild. =)

Bon Voyage,
Ledzepp

P.S. My post count isn't that great, i'm just an extensive reader and I don't necessarily throw my opinion out to incite more drama... I just make more popcorn ;)

Carron
10-06-2010, 03:37 AM
Ill be honest with you- I play a cleric. I cant farm shit. This would help me solo farm stuff. Thanks.

wrxBRAH
10-06-2010, 03:39 AM
we prolly getting trolled and if we're not there is a good chance the person you give it to will auction it off for platinum. Put everyones name in a hat, draw a name and get it over with.

baub
10-06-2010, 04:00 AM
I was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car. I had just come from the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work. Coming my way from across the parking lot was what society would consider a bum.

From the looks of him, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times when you feel generous but there are other times that you just don't want to be bothered. This was one of those "don't want to be bothered times."

"I hope he doesn't ask me for any money," I thought.

He didn't.

He came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he didn't look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus. After a few minutes he spoke.

"That's a very pretty car," he said. He was ragged but he had an air of dignity around him. His scraggly blond beard keep more than his face warm. I said, "thanks," and continued wiping off my car.

He sat there quietly as I worked. The expected plea for money never came. As the silence between us widened something inside said, "ask him if he needs any help." I was sure that he would say "yes" but I held true to the inner voice. "Do you need any help?" I asked. He answered in three simple but profound words that I shall never forget. We often look for wisdom in great men and women. We expect it from those of higher learning and accomplishments.

I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand. He spoke the three words that shook me. "Don't we all?" he said.

I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three words hit me like a twelve gauge shotgun. Don't we all? I needed help. Maybe not for bus fare or a place to sleep, but I needed help. I reached in my wallet and gave him not only enough for bus fare, but enough to get a warm meal and shelter for the day. Those three little words still ring true. No matter how much you have, no matter how much you have accomplished, you need help too. No matter how little you have, no matter how loaded you are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, you can give help.

Even if it's just a compliment, you can give that. You never know when you may see someone that appears to have it all. They are waiting on you to give them what they don't have. A different perspective on life, a glimpse at something beautiful, a respite from daily chaos, that only you through a torn world can see.

Maybe the man was just a homeless stranger wandering the streets. Maybe he was more than that. Maybe he was sent by a power that is great and wise, to minister to a soul too comfortable in themselves.

Maybe God looked down, called an Angel, dressed him like a bum, then said, "go minister to that man cleaning the car, that man needs help."

Don't we all?

snwbrdr642
10-06-2010, 04:07 AM
fuck dude. no wai!

i'll take 2.

girth
10-06-2010, 05:33 AM
My family and friends all passed away and the only thing that can save me is your necro.

Ridic
10-06-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm in same boat as Carron. I play a rogue and I can't solo - worse solo class in the game besides warrior (almost a tie!) so, this would really save me a lot of time. I was planning on leveling a mage or necro to 50 - but this would really help me out a lot :) and I'm sure I would really enjoy it.

Rogue has always been my passion and I love the class - I always will. but the fact of the matter is, money is a must! you must farm to survive! and a rogue cannot do that :( Plus, necros are really fun :) I have an iksar necro back on live that I just adored.

Anyway, GL with your decisions.

skorge
10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
I would love to have a necro...I've never played a necro in all of my EQ history and think it would be an awesome experience.

I started playing Everquest, day one (April 1999)...me and my two friends drove almost 2 hours out of town just to get the game, lol...we sucked so bad at it, it wasn't funny. Let me put it to you this way, my human mage had more strength than intelligence, and his rogue had more wisdom than dexterity, lol...we had no clue.

Anyways I managed to take a barbarian shaman to level 50, well before Kunark, as I just became addicted to the game (I was in college back then so I had some free time). I still miss those days where I had nothing to do but play Everquest, lol....

So the question is, why should you give me the account? I am here to have fun, I am an honest person, like to help people, and most importantly I will hold on to the account for you, incase you change your mind and decide to come back...(trust me I know how this goes)...so you can have a second chance at it.

Lickum
10-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Firt off, my name is patrick, I'm 31 and have loved EQ since the day I started. I played EQ from the point shortly after velious came out so I originally missed out on all the fun of classic so this server is a dream to me. I have met a lot of people in game, a couple who I communicate with frequently because I like keeping in touch with awesome people I meet. My first character on live was a gnome mage, I loved gnomes and it was fun joking with other people who played gnomes (we had to stick together). I havent made a gnome on this server yet and the next class I was going to make was a necro, so seeing this post got me excited, I just had to reply. Back on live my RL friend had a DE necro that he let me play and I loved the class, so I would have a bit of experience with necros already and could take very good care of this character. Lastly, to keep this short and sweet, I am the most trustworthy person anybody could ever meet, I have xfered huge amounts of plat, manastones, amulet of necropotence, etc. for many people I have never even met, I don't have it in my heart to steal. With that said I just want to relay to you that I know people change their minds about things, so absolutely any time you came back and wanted to, the account would be yours again, no questions. My only hope for this thread is that you find an honest person that will truly appreciate what you are doing.

Yulath
10-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Nice try, alien taking psychological survey!

dallammarr
10-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi there, first off I want to say that I think its rather generous of you to give away a character like this that you put your time into leveling up. I hope that whoever ends up with it will take care of it and not use it to grief people, box or anything to get banned.

That being said I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dallammarr Arrgent (both here and in game). I got my first taste of EQ back in may of 1999. My oldest bro picked up the game to give it a try. When he showed it to me I remember thinking "Game looks cool, but you have to pay $9.98/mo to play on top of the $50? Thats crazy." Well he had me sit down a roll a toon. At the time, I was in an AD&D campaign with some friends. My D&D character was an Human Paladin so I figured I would make a pally on my bro's account to try out. The Highelves looked interesting so I made a Highelf pally. I remember loading into the world for the first time. There I was in a completely 3d world, completely new and undiscovered. I wandered around Faydark a bit, whacking some bats. At that point I knew I was hooked and the $10/mo was well worth it for this completly new and exciting expirience.

After that short play session, my older brother decided to get me my own account a couple months later. I remember when he told me he got it for me, and even helped me get some parts to upgrade my computer. I was in highschool at the time 10th grade, so I didnt really have any money. After we installed (and waited what seemed forever for patching) I loaded up the game and decided to remake the pally, only this time I went with a Human as the character my bro was playing at that time was a Human wiz near Freeport. I got the pally to level 12 and it was at the point I realized that the pally class really wasn't for me, I needed to try something new.

My bro had suggested I make a mage since they were pretty poweful. He gave up on his wizzy because at the lower levels, wizzy soloing survivability was nil, and made himself a mage which he stuck with throughout the rest of his EQ career. I thought the mage was interesting, but it didnt really speak to me. So I rolled a couple toons. I tried a SK and War, didnt really like them so I ruled out tank classes. I then made a monk. I really enjoyed the monk, played mine to about 37. When I got my monk to about level 20 though, as fun as he was, it still didn't really fit me completely. So, on Jan 20, 2000 I rolled what would later become my main and true calling in EQ. I rolled my Human Necro Dallammarr.

When I first set foot into the role of the necro, the world of Norrath took on a whole new meaning at that point. As I gained levels, I realized just how versatile and poweful the necro really was at soloing and in groups. This was truly a class of the gods. In terms of PVP, I was almost unbeatable, I won 9 out of 10 duels. That of corse was before they nerfed the PVP rules and casters in general became gimped as hell in PVP. When my and my bro would duo our nec/mage chars, we could take almost anything cept raid content ofcorse. I played that necro all the way up to level 63. At that point POP was released and I quickly lost interest in EQ as it was turning into something unrecognizable. Even though I retired my EQ necro, I always knew that from then on, for me to have any interest in any MMO, it had to have a necro.

Ofcorse, as with everyone, life changes over a span of 10 years. I am no longer a highschool student with tons of free time on my hands. I now work a full time job, have a fiance, a soon to be 4 year old and a new baby on the way. So my time to play is rather limited, but I do really enjoy the little time I have to play on this server. It has allowed me to relive many of those moments when I first set foot into norrath and I am greatful for that. I have a little level 8 necro and a level 1 monk I just made. Also the other day my fiance expressed some interest in possibly making a character her self and giving it a shot. I feel that if I had access to a high level necro, not only would it help given the limited time I myself have to work on leveling a character, but it would also give me the means to really help out my fiance which might make her more interested in the game and sticking with it. I assure you that I would make good use of the character. I would not grief or do anything to get it banned or give it a bad name. I also would never sell it. I hope you will take my application into consideration when deciding who to pass your necro onto. Thanks for reading.

TmackHack
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Ohh man.. Where to begin..

I started playing in 2000 when I was 13 years old. I was the nerd in school and did not have many friends, but good Ol Everquest was always there for me when I got home from school. I played a paladin and took about a year to level him to 60 because I was a dumb kid and really couldnt play in a efficient way.

Everquest was for about 4 years, my entire life. Its sad, but its all I had at the time.
I have a 39 rogue right now. I have 2 RL friends who play on this server in raiding guilds and I cant wait to raid with them! I can tell you their names if needed.

If I were to receive your necromancer I would be able to actually play with my friends and your necro will get geared up fast! I have been dieing to get to lvl 50, but have been struggling to reach lvl 50 due to lack of groups during my play time.

If you were to give me this account I would be forever in debt to you. I am already getting far to ahead of myself and overly excited about this post.. Jeez. Ill love you forever for this account. My two friends are already talking about having lan parties over their house when I reach lvl 50. This would be as big of an excitement for them as it would be for me!

Eccentricaa
10-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't want money, I don't want trades etc.. Just tell me a few things about you and why you should have this account.

Tell me about what EQ meant to you when you started out - tell me what your after in the game now.

EQ1, was a Christmas present that came along with a new computer that could run it. The gift was from my then husband (Thanks to EQ BTW) Before EQ, I was playing playing things like Monkey Island, Kings Quests and Starship Titanic.

By the time Kunark came out, I was hooked. I had scheduled my vacation for Kunark's release and made an Iksar Shaman on Morell-Thule server that opened up with the expansion. I wasnt one of those who raced for end game, there was too much to see or do. So many lands to explore, and with my first sowing and invising character, I roamed the world. I spent over a month in Highpass, working faction so I could bank on the island.

Fast forward one year... The divorce.... My ex destroyed the CD Keys, changed password, deleted all of my characters. I did not have access to the email used at time account was created. (Had different service provider when I moved out.) I spent about 3 to 4 months dealing with customer service, GM's (back when they still existed in game). I had already purchased another cd set, and started again on Vazelle. After some time, I finally got my shaman undeleted, but she was stripped of all gear, money etc. When Server/ account transfers were opened, I paid to have her moved to Vazelle, and had her moved to my newer account.

Too many memories to list, but for me, my characters tend to be a part of me.

I was, and still am an addict. I know this.. But at least an game addiction wont make my teeth fall out.

I have only been on 1999 since July, my highest character is 42.

To be honest, I dont want the account for myself. There is a really nice guy in game who would really be able to appreciate such a gift. He is a friend of my husband who played on EVE. He is a first time EQ player, highest character is just now lvl 20 (cleric). He also plays an 11 ranger. He has been trying to learn his way around, learn how to play, and is still really in discovery mode of game play. I try to give him what help I can, but since Im not a 50 with a large bankroll, its hard to give him the gear he really needs.

Heartbeats
10-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I started playing live classic when I was 11 or 12 because I overheard the woodshop teacher at school talking about it. My first character was a Half-Elf Paladin (because I have always thought Elves are the coolest fantasy race, I was playing a lot of Warcraft II before I started EQ, and Paladins were the most badass unit in that game). I had a 56k modem back then, so I dc'd constantly and spent most of my time lost in Felwithe. I managed to convince my parents to get a cable modem, and in the meantime did some reading of the manual and some online guides. I decided to make a Wood-Elf Ranger, because they seemed to have a little bit of everything: heals, buffs, debuffs, DDs, DoTs, as well as melee (I have ever since thought that dual wielding is the coolest thing ever in any RPG) and ranged prowess, great utility and independence with the track/forage/hide/sneak skills, yada yada. Unfortunately for me, Rangers in classic were not as awesome as I thought they would be, because they were the weakest of any class at each of the individual abilities (except for ranged attack, which was relatively useless at that point). I spent a lot of time lost again (it took me forever to realize I had to pan my camera down to see the ramp to the Ranger guild in Kelethin), but I slowly made my way to level 17. I remember moving from bats and skeletons, to orc hill, to slavers in CB, to trainer hill, to TR, before hearing about bigger and better experience across the ocean in Oasis. One of my best EQ memories ever was actually having to ride the boat. Someone gave me a free Bracer of Erollisi at the BB docks - the first time it ever occurred to me that someone would just give me an item. Watching the fake in-game sunset had me enthralled - for years afterward seeing real sunsets while on vacations with my parents would make me think about EQ (is that sad)? I also enjoyed the language parties that formed on the boat - a full group of six people, each a different race, spamming a group chat hotkey for the entire trip, so that by the time I arrived in Freeport I was fluent in Gnomish, Dwarvish, etc. I spent levels 13-17 at orc highway, or one of the various orc camps around the area. Sadly, that was the end of my classic EQ experience, because my parents only let me play one hour a day, and I couldn't ever find a group before I had to camp out.

Despite their classic weakness, Rangers have been my class of choice ever since. In the Velious-era, I picked EQ back up and leveled another Wood-Elf Ranger to 52. When I went off to college at 17 (somewhere around PoP probably), I found out that my roommate and another kid on my floor had played EQ. They bought a 65 warrior and 65 druid respectively (or was it 70 then?), but I created another Wood-Elf Ranger from scratch and leveled to 55 before quitting yet again around LoY/LDoN. My fondest memories of that last character included farming the giant named animals in Stonebrunt Mountains (I thought it was an incredibly cool and underpopulated zone, gave me the same sort of feeling of awe I got from riding the boat) because I could track them down, fearkite them, and do the subsequent quest turn-ins in Erudin for caster legs/arms that sold for 4-5k each. I also camped the incredibly rare Eyepatch of Plunder (a face slot item in Velious with clicky-haste, it stacked with worn-haste and buffs, and also had some pretty good stats). 1/4 of the quest items were dropped from Stormfeather, a mid-30s named griffon in Iceclad on a 19 hour spawn timer who skipped most of his pops, so he actually didn't show up for days at a time. I camped him for days while studying for exams, before finally looking up at my computer to see Stormfeather in front of me, and me almost dead.

I swore off MMOs for several years, until I was really drunk at my friend's house and he convinced me to start a trial account of World of Warcraft (this was shortly after the WotLK expansion came out, he had an 80 mage, his younger brother had an 80 rogue and several friends with level 80 characters). Needless to say, I rolled a Blood-Elf Hunter, and my friend passed out only to wake up 12 hours later to me still playing, with a fully upgraded account and my character at level 20. It took me about a month to get to level 80 (my first MMO character to reach a level cap), and the next day I had my first raiding experience in any MMO (Naxx). I continued playing and raiding for a few months, as well as getting involved in PvP and leveling a Death Knight alt to 80 so I could try out tanking. Eventually I got sick of raiding, and I missed the "camping" aspect of EQ; I just didn't feel as rewarded for getting a piece of gear by doing an instance once a day or a raid once a week and hoping that it dropped and I won the roll. I started playing Aion (as a ranger, of course) shortly after it released in the U.S. because I saw some videos on YouTube that made it look fantastic. It was incredible at first, but the more I played, the more disappointing it was, and I quit at level 44 (out of 50). I went back to WoW again for a few months, with the intention of doing mostly PvP. I used to roll into Stormwind, the main Alliance city, with 5-10 people and set up shop in their bank. I also dominated almost every battleground I did, though I was never terribly good at arenas, I peaked at a 1900 rating. I ended up drifting back into the raiding scene, because I wanted some of the PvE gear to maximize the efficiency of my PvP set, and dealing with all the WoW raid drama and required raid times killed it for me once and for all.

One of my RL friends contacted me on instant messenger shortly thereafter to tell me about the VZ/TZ (PvP) server on the same emu as P99. I only played there for about 2-3 weeks as a Ranger again (but Human this time), boxing either a Bard or a Druid (the druid account wasn't mine but I was given the info). I quit that server because I was farming the Seb key with my boxes and my friend's boxes, when a 57 Ranger showed up and ganked all four of our toons with an exploit (he had the Earthshaker's Mantle, a PoA quest item with two charges of Earthquake, a 162dmg self-based AoE; he ran into the middle of us and spammed that shit 13 times). I SS'd the combat log showing the exploit and posted it on the forums, but the guy wasn't banned, or even suspended; instead, the GMs rolled the server back three days. It just so happened that in those three days, I had camped two FBSS' (they dropped on consecutive spawns!), Jboots, gained four levels, and done a hell of a lot of work on my epic, all of which I lost. So I said "Fuck TZ/VZ!" and that's when I found P99.

This go 'round, I finally decided to do something different than a Ranger. Over the course of several months I leveled a High-Elf Enchanter to 50. This is the first time I played a caster-type class in any RPG, let alone MMO, and I have to say, I love it. My reasons for picking the Enchanter were twofold: I didn't want to deal with the hybrid experience penalty, and I wanted to play a class that was actually desired by groups. This is the first character I have ever had in EQ that reached the level cap, and I recently joined a guild and have been enjoying my first raid experiences in EQ. Enchanters are awesome! I still love Rangers, and I have one twinked and leveling (hit 17 yesterday and got dual wield, then kept going all the way to 18). Having realized how much I love playing an Enchanter, though, has instilled in me the desire to try other classes. I was thinking I should roll a priest class next, namely a Cleric, but I also want to play another pure caster (namely Magician or Necromancer).

My long-winded point is that I just want your account so I can play a Necromancer; I don't need it to farm anything, as I can and have done so on my Enchanter. I have become in-game friends with Carron, and if you give me your account, I will share the info with him so he can actually farm when I'm not playing it. If you don't give me your account, I will probably end up making a Necromancer at some point anyway, and you should give it to Carron – he's awesome (and he'd be the first to tell you)! Jesus Christ, I've been writing for an hour and a half, but it's okay because I don't feel like farming anything right now, and there's no one in Unrest to group with my Ranger. If nothing else, though I haven't ever forgotten my cheesy memories of the sunset at the BB docks, I had completely forgotten how awesome Stonebrunt was until I sat down to write this. Cheers.

Messianic
10-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I started playing live classic when I was 11 or 12 because I overheard the woodshop teacher at school talking about it. My first character was a Half-Elf Paladin (because I have always thought Elves are the coolest fantasy race, I was playing a lot of Warcraft II before I started EQ, and Paladins were the most badass unit in that game). I had a 56k modem back then, so I dc'd constantly and spent most of my time lost in Felwithe. I managed to convince my parents to get a cable modem, and in the meantime did some reading of the manual and some online guides. I decided to make a Wood-Elf Ranger, because they seemed to have a little bit of everything: heals, buffs, debuffs, DDs, DoTs, as well as melee (I have ever since thought that dual wielding is the coolest thing ever in any RPG) and ranged prowess, great utility and independence with the track/forage/hide/sneak skills, yada yada. Unfortunately for me, Rangers in classic were not as awesome as I thought they would be, because they were the weakest of any class at each of the individual abilities (except for ranged attack, which was relatively useless at that point). I spent a lot of time lost again (it took me forever to realize I had to pan my camera down to see the ramp to the Ranger guild in Kelethin), but I slowly made my way to level 17. I remember moving from bats and skeletons, to orc hill, to slavers in CB, to trainer hill, to TR, before hearing about bigger and better experience across the ocean in Oasis. One of my best EQ memories ever was actually having to ride the boat. Someone gave me a free Bracer of Erollisi at the BB docks - the first time it ever occurred to me that someone would just give me an item. Watching the fake in-game sunset had me enthralled - for years afterward seeing real sunsets while on vacations with my parents would make me think about EQ (is that sad)? I also enjoyed the language parties that formed on the boat - a full group of six people, each a different race, spamming a group chat hotkey for the entire trip, so that by the time I arrived in Freeport I was fluent in Gnomish, Dwarvish, etc. I spent levels 13-17 at orc highway, or one of the various orc camps around the area. Sadly, that was the end of my classic EQ experience, because my parents only let me play one hour a day, and I couldn't ever find a group before I had to camp out.

Despite their classic weakness, Rangers have been my class of choice ever since. In the Velious-era, I picked EQ back up and leveled another Wood-Elf Ranger to 52. When I went off to college at 17 (somewhere around PoP probably), I found out that my roommate and another kid on my floor had played EQ. They bought a 65 warrior and 65 druid respectively (or was it 70 then?), but I created another Wood-Elf Ranger from scratch and leveled to 55 before quitting yet again around LoY/LDoN. My fondest memories of that last character included farming the giant named animals in Stonebrunt Mountains (I thought it was an incredibly cool and underpopulated zone, gave me the same sort of feeling of awe I got from riding the boat) because I could track them down, fearkite them, and do the subsequent quest turn-ins in Erudin for caster legs/arms that sold for 4-5k each. I also camped the incredibly rare Eyepatch of Plunder (a face slot item in Velious with clicky-haste, it stacked with worn-haste and buffs, and also had some pretty good stats). 1/4 of the quest items were dropped from Stormfeather, a mid-30s named griffon in Iceclad on a 19 hour spawn timer who skipped most of his pops, so he actually didn't show up for days at a time. I camped him for days while studying for exams, before finally looking up at my computer to see Stormfeather in front of me, and me almost dead.

I swore off MMOs for several years, until I was really drunk at my friend's house and he convinced me to start a trial account of World of Warcraft (this was shortly after the WotLK expansion came out, he had an 80 mage, his younger brother had an 80 rogue and several friends with level 80 characters). Needless to say, I rolled a Blood-Elf Hunter, and my friend passed out only to wake up 12 hours later to me still playing, with a fully upgraded account and my character at level 20. It took me about a month to get to level 80 (my first MMO character to reach a level cap), and the next day I had my first raiding experience in any MMO (Naxx). I continued playing and raiding for a few months, as well as getting involved in PvP and leveling a Death Knight alt to 80 so I could try out tanking. Eventually I got sick of raiding, and I missed the "camping" aspect of EQ; I just didn't feel as rewarded for getting a piece of gear by doing an instance once a day or a raid once a week and hoping that it dropped and I won the roll. I started playing Aion (as a ranger, of course) shortly after it released in the U.S. because I saw some videos on YouTube that made it look fantastic. It was incredible at first, but the more I played, the more disappointing it was, and I quit at level 44 (out of 50). I went back to WoW again for a few months, with the intention of doing mostly PvP. I used to roll into Stormwind, the main Alliance city, with 5-10 people and set up shop in their bank. I also dominated almost every battleground I did, though I was never terribly good at arenas, I peaked at a 1900 rating. I ended up drifting back into the raiding scene, because I wanted some of the PvE gear to maximize the efficiency of my PvP set, and dealing with all the WoW raid drama and required raid times killed it for me once and for all.

One of my RL friends contacted me on instant messenger shortly thereafter to tell me about the VZ/TZ (PvP) server on the same emu as P99. I only played there for about 2-3 weeks as a Ranger again (but Human this time), boxing either a Bard or a Druid (the druid account wasn't mine but I was given the info). I quit that server because I was farming the Seb key with my boxes and my friend's boxes, when a 57 Ranger showed up and ganked all four of our toons with an exploit (he had the Earthshaker's Mantle, a PoA quest item with two charges of Earthquake, a 162dmg self-based AoE; he ran into the middle of us and spammed that shit 13 times). I SS'd the combat log showing the exploit and posted it on the forums, but the guy wasn't banned, or even suspended; instead, the GMs rolled the server back three days. It just so happened that in those three days, I had camped two FBSS' (they dropped on consecutive spawns!), Jboots, gained four levels, and done a hell of a lot of work on my epic, all of which I lost. So I said "Fuck TZ/VZ!" and that's when I found P99.

This go 'round, I finally decided to do something different than a Ranger. Over the course of several months I leveled a High-Elf Enchanter to 50. This is the first time I played a caster-type class in any RPG, let alone MMO, and I have to say, I love it. My reasons for picking the Enchanter were twofold: I didn't want to deal with the hybrid experience penalty, and I wanted to play a class that was actually desired by groups. This is the first character I have ever had in EQ that reached the level cap, and I recently joined a guild and have been enjoying my first raid experiences in EQ. Enchanters are awesome! I still love Rangers, and I have one twinked and leveling (hit 17 yesterday and got dual wield, then kept going all the way to 18). Having realized how much I love playing an Enchanter, though, has instilled in me the desire to try other classes. I was thinking I should roll a priest class next, namely a Cleric, but I also want to play another pure caster (namely Magician or Necromancer).

My long-winded point is that I just want your account so I can play a Necromancer; I don't need it to farm anything, as I can and have done so on my Enchanter. I have become in-game friends with Carron, and if you give me your account, I will share the info with him so he can actually farm when I'm not playing it. If you don't give me your account, I will probably end up making a Necromancer at some point anyway, and you should give it to Carron – he's awesome (and he'd be the first to tell you)! Jesus Christ, I've been writing for an hour and a half, but it's okay because I don't feel like farming anything right now, and there's no one in Unrest to group with my Ranger. If nothing else, though I haven't ever forgotten my cheesy memories of the sunset at the BB docks, I had completely forgotten how awesome Stonebrunt was until I sat down to write this. Cheers.

TL;DR

You shouldn't get it because you farm the garbage out of AC ;)

Pezmerga
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I think the toon needs to be sacrificed to Cazic Thule!

Dantes
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't want your account but I commend you for offering it up for free.

Godd
10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Ahh the days of Povar...

As you have probably guessed by my ever so elaborate intro, I used to play on Povar back in the day when I was geeking it out with my friends instead of chasing the forbidden snatch that seemed so keen on the football team and could never be woo'd over dispite my many attempts with platinum bribes.

I started off with Metalspeed, a Mage that I leveled to 25 before realizing he just didn't have the power I was lookin for in a nuker, afterall if I ever was going to get laid after showing off my character I needed to be able to impress with some mad DPS and instakills.

It was then that I saw the light of the Wizard (Liquidslow), thinking he could magically make my virginity disappear. Instead he showed me something much greater, a path of what seemed like a neverending grind to 50 which ended somewhere over near Halas where I completed the Ice Commet quest after nearly drowning to chase down some freakin goblin that was holding the key to my success. That, and chasing down Karg the Icebear so encumbered with bear quilts I could barely walk in attempt to trade them in for cloaks to sell to my women during the winter time, will probably keep me away from the snow for a while.

I joined <Harmonium> and quickly became ubber l33t with my newly acquired panty dropping Ice Commet that made nipples hard at the touch of my "v" key which I had conveniently bound for some bonechilling action.

I recently found out about Project1999 (I bow to you guys for putting this together), and have rejoined the EQ community dabbling in characters I had never attempted before. I have not made any elaborate posts on the forums as like I said, I have just recently rejoined this amazing community and will probably be a lifer since it is now free. I am up to 19 on my Cleric, 7 on my Enchanter, and 13 on my most recent necro development. I like the Necro, and intend on sticking with it. My pet is fairly friendly, doesnt talk back, and doesn't mind playing the roll of sneaky neighbor now and then.

So... Cheers to the chicks who turned down my plat back in High School, I have moved on to bigger and better things which hopefully will include a 50 Necro in the near future to help me land a wife. As you can see, I prefer the caster classes and could only dream (until you came along) of owning a 50 Necro tomorrow.

Regardless of who you pick, I appreciate being given the opportunity and more than anything am just glad to be back in the game for a fair fee of $0.00/month. I would absolutely love to dance my fingers across my keyboard in control of your toon. He will ball out of control and forever be treated with the utmost respect which will include dropping the sneaky neighbor routine. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Godd

Bushido
10-06-2010, 12:33 PM
/wave volga

sorry to see you go

nalkin
10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi my name is Nalkin. I like fashion and ice cream. I like the the idea of FDing so I would like your necro.

~Oh also my background. I played live after velious and kunark was out. I had a level 12 mage when luclin came out. My computer couldn't run luclin so I quit.

KilyenaMage
10-06-2010, 12:38 PM
This thread SERIOUSLY exemplifies how greedy 90% of everyone on this server is.

I mean really....why are lvl 50s with full planar gear on two+ Toons going for this account!?!?

Don't you have enough already!? We really don't need you monopolizing all the spawns just to gear ANOTHER alt.

Messianic
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM

I mean really....why are lvl 50s with full planar gear on two+ Toons going for this account!?!?

Don't you have enough already!? We really don't need you monopolizing all the spawns just to gear ANOTHER alt.

OMG GREED IS BAD B/C I SAY SO UR ALL HEATHENS

KilyenaMage
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM

Pretty sure greed is bad for a plethora of reasons other than "because I said so."

The guys says he "can't farm cuz he's a Cleric," yet I saw him in EC yesterday auction about 40k worth of gear.

PS - I'm not interested in the account, just making a point.

Fawqueue
10-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I think anyone who's join date is before maybe August of 2010 should not be considered. If they've been here longer than two months, they should have hit 50 and had time to start farming. Otherwise, they are just too lazy/casual and giving them this account will make little difference. Offer it up to a legitametly new player, who would normally be beginning his long climb to the top, but thanks to you just hit the lottery. That person will be much more appreciative/excited to recieve your act of generousity.

Or, as someone else posted, keep it. I gave away my 60 necro back on live many years ago, and then regretted it a few years later when I started playing again. You never know when you'll get the EQ itch...

Shrubwise
10-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Or, as someone else posted, keep it. I gave away my 60 necro back on live many years ago, and then regretted it a few years later when I started playing again. You never know when you'll get the EQ itch...

100% agreed. Or at least write up a contract stating that you may reclaim ownership of the account at any point, and that the new owner cannot erase/sell your necromancer.

You may not have time to play right now, but (god willing) when the server's around in a couple years, and you have more free time, lose your job, etc. and you want to come back (and you KNOW you're going to want to play Kunark) you'll wish you had access to that character which you put so much time into.

Just my two cents.

Daldolma
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
IMO, spend a couple hours in GFay, find a legitimate newbie that's leveling up fast (ie: completely hooked), and make his day.

ooantipostoo
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd say keep him just in case you want to play again. If you do give him away id make a great canidate. Have a 85 necro on live, and my main on p1999 is CrackZilla guilded with Divinity. I have played since launch an been in Divinity ever since. I have a great rep as does my guild and if you ever came back id be more than willing to let you play the necro.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/raxilian/aich.jpg

Omica
10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
What EQ means to me when I started out: honestly, it means about 5 semesters of really terrible grades. Also, the replies in this thread are funny.

purist
10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
ITT: hey I have multiple level 50s and 100k+ in the bank but I deserve this more than anyone else because [insert sentimental bullshit about EQ]

Twin
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I deserve it because I don't want to give you some made-up, feigned response trying to inspire you to feel like you have to give me the account.

The game is fun for me now, currently at level 30, the toil to get up there is starting to make it's way into something that can become a chore, e.g, the game is losing it's appeal. An account like this won't bring back all the 'magic', but would certainly help me get to an end-game/zone setting that most likely I will not reach through natural progression (solely because this type of time-sink while trying to balance a normal life doesn't work).

So, give it to me cause I want to play it and it's a practical reason. :P

Fawqueue
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
ITT: hey I have multiple level 50s and 100k+ in the bank but I deserve this more than anyone else because [insert sentimental bullshit about EQ]

I think you just summed up why this thread was a good idea on paper, but not so much when you see how it's turned out.

Messianic
10-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure greed is bad for a plethora of reasons other than "because I said so."

Pretty sure greed is subjectively defined. I.e. your opinion doesn't count

Infectious
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi,
My name is infectious and I think I deserve the account because for one, I play a 30 necro on p99 currently. Even though I have started playin over 3 months ago. I dont just grind when I have time to play I mostly try to re-explore the land I love. Gettin this account would help me from wastein another 3 monthes til I hit 50 on my necro, I love this server and game but I currently dont have time to grind exp all day.
What does EQ mean to me?
I love EQ and have since i started right before the release of kunark. I dont have as much time anymore but I still love the game and play every couple hours i get each week.

Cymeon
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I will kill slate repeatedly for 1 week straight as retribution for all evil races wandering ecomm.

citizen1080
10-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't deserve this account because I have spent the entire 4 months of my emu career standing across from T1 being a tunnel whore.

KilyenaMage
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
ITT a pic of <Pandemonium>

skootr
10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I suggest keeping the account as you never know when you will want to play again, even if just for a bit.

To make sure you REALLY want to quit. Give all your droppable shit away to random noobs in shit gear in the noob camps. Then bind your self in a death loop in some interesting place. AFK for a few hours.

If you can make it all the way to level 1 with out feeling bad about it, then you were ready to quit. Delete the toon and go on with life!

Slippy
10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
I will make you an offer / deal to only "borrow" the account, and if you ever feel like returning I will have no problems handing it back to you.

That offer is better than flat out giving it away.

Gawain
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I've always played a Paladin in live, and have always had a necro alt because it's the total opposite of my paladin experience. I really enjoy the variations between the two chars which is why I'd want a necro accounnt. Because Paladins are so group dependant, it would be a completely refreshing to play someone that's not so dependant. I also really hate the leveling up p[eriod of the game. I enjoy raiding and what not, and this would totally take that factor out of it for me.

I played a Paladin till level 65 and 3980764 AA's untill the end of PoP. Real life got in the way so I stopped playing. I wouldnt mind if ever wanted to play again and wanted the acccount back since it was a donation. All of my friends started on this server well before me so I can't group with anyone, and as stated before I truely hate the leveling experience. I'm beyond social and am in a guild where I can't really enjoy grouping with many people because most of the guild is much higher than me doing hate/fear and what not.

Reason why I should have this Account? I'm a necro IRL. Boom!

Eq always was more of a social thing for me, I've always loved making friends and learning new things. Now that I'm getyting a,little older and out of bar scenes and all, this seem to be a way to not get myself into trouble (see girlfriend) My goal now is to have soemthing to play when I'm bored which is usually every night and to be somewhat competitive. I'll never be a poopsocker, because I hate socks. I won't sell the account, because there's no point to it imo.

purist
10-06-2010, 03:37 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Straw man
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informal_fallacy) based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-book-0) To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

Reasoning

The straw man fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy) occurs in the following pattern of argument:

1. Person A has position X.
2. Person B disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially-similar position Y. Thus, Y is a resulting distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:
1. Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position and then refuting it, thus giving the appearance that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.[1]
2. Quoting an opponent's words out of context – i.e. choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions (see contextomy and quote mining).[2]
3. Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then refuting that person's arguments – thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.[1]
4. Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
5. Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.
3. Person B attacks position Y, concluding that X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious, because attacking a distorted version of a position fails to constitute an attack on the actual position.

ooantipostoo
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
ITT a pic of <Pandemonium>

KilyenaMage
10-06-2010, 03:49 PM
It would be hilarious if this was a troll thread.

KilyenaMage
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Lol I played on Tallon Zek. I hated those evil <Pandemonium> bastards.

God damn x-teamers.

Twotone
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Name's Twotone. Started here on p1999 about a month ago and my main is the same as it was from live, a bard. I've been considering also leveling a shaman or a necro, so I can have a class to play that gives my fingers a break. Leveling is so impersonal though, which is why I've never had more than one character at max level on live. It would be nice to have a character to turn to that I could just sit back and relax a little.

When I first started EQ back in '99 it meant excitement, challenge, and wonder. To this day I remember how awestruck I was at seeing a ranger at the EC tunnel decked out in Thorny Vine and the old graphic Ykeshas. Then there was the time I was able to sneak my way down to frenzy camp at lvl 20ish so that I could hang out with a buddy and see what all the cool high level people were doing. Nearly every time I logged in it felt like an adventure. I think moments like those are dragon everyone is chasing. Unfortunately, the game will never be that new again.

Playing EQ again, I'd say I'm looking to recapture pieces of those fond memories.

-Twotone

Ponden
10-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I main a Rogue. I can't duo camps like a Cleric can. I can't solo camps like a mage, necro, shaman, enchanter, shadowknight, bard, or monk can. I basically am worthless without a farmer.

Evorix
10-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I was sitting at a bus stop in Savannah, Georgia, looking out into the street as a white feather fell to my feet. I picked up the feather and put it in a book that I was carrying, then began to tell the story of my life to a woman who was sitting next to me.

Although I have well below average intelligence, my mother is able to get me into a public school - by sleeping with the principal. On my first day of school, I met a girl named Jenny whose life at times is followed in parallel to mine. Having discarded my leg braces, (used to straighten my spine) I have the ability to run incredibly fast and it gets me into college on a football scholarship. After my college graduation, I enlisted in the army. There I make friends with Bubba, who convinces me to enter the shrimping business with him when the Vietnam War is over. I also met Jenny again, when I saw her in Playboy Magazine. I then go to find her, and discovered that she is a stripper working at a bar. Bubba and I are sent to Vietnam, and after several months of patrolling with the 9th Infantry Division our platoon is attacked. Though I rescued many of the men in my unit, Bubba is killed in action, and Lt. Dan is wounded in both legs, requiring amputation. I was wounded during the battle, and am awarded the Medal of Honor for my heroism.

I discovered an uncanny ability for ping-pong while in recovery for the bullet wound in my buttocks. I start playing for the U.S. Army team, gaining popularity and rising to celebrity status. I eventually play competitively against Chinese teams and win. At an anti-war rally in Washington, D.C. I reunite with Jenny, who has been living a hippie counterculture lifestyle while I was away, and became engaged with another man.

Upon leaving military service and returning home, I endorsed a company that makes ping-pong paddles for a fee of $25,000. I used the money to buy a shrimping boat and fulfill my wartime promise to Bubba. My commanding officer from Vietnam, Lieutenant Dan Taylor, joins me as first mate as a joking promise he made to me. Initially I had little success, but after finding out that I had the only surviving boat in the area after Hurricane Carmen hits the Gulf states, I began to pull in huge amounts of shrimp. I bought an entire fleet of shrimp boats, and "Bubba-Evo" shrimp becomes a household name. I returned home when my mother fell ill; she died soon after. Lt. Dan took over operations of the Bubba Evo Shrimp Company and invests the earnings in Apple Computer and I, Dan, and Bubba's families are financially secure for the rest of their lives.

One day, Jenny returned to visit me, and after some time I proposed marriage to her. She declined, though feels obliged to prove her love by sleeping with me. She leaves early the next morning. On a whim, I elected to go for a run. Seemingly capriciously, I decided to keep running across the country several times, over some three and a half years, becoming famous again.

In the present day, 2010, I am waiting at the bus stop because I received a letter from Jenny who, having seen me run on television, asked me to visit her. Once I am reunited with Jenny, I discover she has a young son, also named Evorix, of whom I am said to be the father. Jenny tells me that she is suffering and dying from an unknown virus which has no known cure. Together we move back to Greenbow, Alabama where Jenny and I finally marry. Jenny dies soon afterward, leaving her son in my care. I talk to Jenny's grave and tell her how well our son is doing in school. On my son's first day of school, I sat with him at the school bus stop. Opening the book my son is taking to school, the feather I put there falls out. As the bus pulls away, I watch as the feather is caught by a breeze and drifts skyward.

That is why I deserve the necromancer.

LOLO
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I need this necro so bad......I can't even afford a sock to poop in.

ooantipostoo
10-06-2010, 04:38 PM
I was sitting at a bus stop in Savannah, Georgia, looking out into the street as a white feather fell to my feet. I picked up the feather and put it in a book that I was carrying, then began to tell the story of my life to a woman who was sitting next to me.

Although I have well below average intelligence, my mother is able to get me into a public school - by sleeping with the principal. On my first day of school, I met a girl named Jenny whose life at times is followed in parallel to mine. Having discarded my leg braces, (used to straighten my spine) I have the ability to run incredibly fast and it gets me into college on a football scholarship. After my college graduation, I enlisted in the army. There I make friends with Bubba, who convinces me to enter the shrimping business with him when the Vietnam War is over. I also met Jenny again, when I saw her in Playboy Magazine. I then go to find her, and discovered that she is a stripper working at a bar. Bubba and I are sent to Vietnam, and after several months of patrolling with the 9th Infantry Division our platoon is attacked. Though I rescued many of the men in my unit, Bubba is killed in action, and Lt. Dan is wounded in both legs, requiring amputation. I was wounded during the battle, and am awarded the Medal of Honor for my heroism.

I discovered an uncanny ability for ping-pong while in recovery for the bullet wound in my buttocks. I start playing for the U.S. Army team, gaining popularity and rising to celebrity status. I eventually play competitively against Chinese teams and win. At an anti-war rally in Washington, D.C. I reunite with Jenny, who has been living a hippie counterculture lifestyle while I was away, and became engaged with another man.

Upon leaving military service and returning home, I endorsed a company that makes ping-pong paddles for a fee of $25,000. I used the money to buy a shrimping boat and fulfill my wartime promise to Bubba. My commanding officer from Vietnam, Lieutenant Dan Taylor, joins me as first mate as a joking promise he made to me. Initially I had little success, but after finding out that I had the only surviving boat in the area after Hurricane Carmen hits the Gulf states, I began to pull in huge amounts of shrimp. I bought an entire fleet of shrimp boats, and "Bubba-Evo" shrimp becomes a household name. I returned home when my mother fell ill; she died soon after. Lt. Dan took over operations of the Bubba Evo Shrimp Company and invests the earnings in Apple Computer and I, Dan, and Bubba's families are financially secure for the rest of their lives.

One day, Jenny returned to visit me, and after some time I proposed marriage to her. She declined, though feels obliged to prove her love by sleeping with me. She leaves early the next morning. On a whim, I elected to go for a run. Seemingly capriciously, I decided to keep running across the country several times, over some three and a half years, becoming famous again.

In the present day, 2010, I am waiting at the bus stop because I received a letter from Jenny who, having seen me run on television, asked me to visit her. Once I am reunited with Jenny, I discover she has a young son, also named Evorix, of whom I am said to be the father. Jenny tells me that she is suffering and dying from an unknown virus which has no known cure. Together we move back to Greenbow, Alabama where Jenny and I finally marry. Jenny dies soon afterward, leaving her son in my care. I talk to Jenny's grave and tell her how well our son is doing in school. On my son's first day of school, I sat with him at the school bus stop. Opening the book my son is taking to school, the feather I put there falls out. As the bus pulls away, I watch as the feather is caught by a breeze and drifts skyward.

That is why I deserve the necromancer.

Holy s**t this is awesome WTG Forest!

Yoite
10-06-2010, 05:28 PM
lol this thread is funny

Godd
10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
It is slightly entertaining I will agree

purist
10-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm liking the variety of angles we got goin' on:

-Try to be be "deep" (the "don't we all?" guy)
-Reverse psychology ("You should keep it!")
-Try to be humorous (Forest Gump guy)
-Blunt honesty ("I just want to farm")
-Straight up begging ("plz dude I'll be forever in debt to you")
-Appealing to mutual sentimental memories (recanting us with long-winded stories about why they like EQ)
-Appeal to pity ("I don't even have a level 50!")
-Establishing EQ authority ("I'm serious about this game, Alawen can vouch for me!")

I'm having a hard time deciding which one is the most lulzy.

Yoite
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
ya purist sums it up nicely haha, im loving this thread.

Malinrol
10-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Hmmm, well, here it is.

Name is Dan, and unlike most others, im fifteen. Remember my dad playing this when i was a wee little kid.

Over the years, i have played WoW, EQ II, and pretty much everything in between. All those games pretty much were giant grinders. Finding p99, me and my dad started up a couple of toons and i have fallen in love with this game.

My current situation however, does not allow me to grind out levels every day for hours at a time. Its a nighttime relaxer for me, and not being able to solo kinda sucks. But whatever.

The only reason i want this character is for the reason i would have a character that i could actually explore with. Cant do that at lvl 31. Especially when everything hates you. =P

If you decide to give it to someone else, then go ahead. I think it would be awesome to have a lvl 50, yeah. But its not a priority.

Cheers everyone!

Alfey
10-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Hey,

Well a little about me. My name is Chris, I am 21 years old and going into the United States Armed Forces (Air Force). I am actually leaving for basic November 29th, so won't get much use until I am in tech school which starts in Feb. But theres a little about me.

I've been playing Everquest since day one. I believe I was 9 or 10 years old when it first came out. My dad got me hooked into it. I played a woodelf druid, a human monk, and a woodelf ranger through-out my Everquest career. Never got into the casters back then. I sometimes played my dads enchanter. I quick soon after LDoN came out. Some people say PoP ruined the game, or Luclin, but I think it was LDoN.

There's really not a whole lot I can say to "convince" you to give me the necro account. All I can do is tell you the truth. I am currently level 38 on the server leveling up a monk. So I would probably use the necro to help out guildies and myself farm items that are needed or Power Leveling. Most of my enjoyment comes from helping little guys. There's really not much to the game other than that, the raiding aspect is fun but its the same stuff.

Well that is all. If chosen I would give your necro a great home and treat it with care. If you ever decided to come back to the game, I would have no problem handing the necro back over to you. Like I said I would use it to help my guildies, friends, and the occasional noob, and thats about it. You would get it back in the same condition as you gave it away =).

Thanks,
Alfey =)

temperz
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
I would love this toon. I have low level Druid and never played a necro or any end game char in EQ. I would mostly raid with it, because Ive never raided before and it sounds fun. Thanks :)

Eros
10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I played the original EQ with my older brother back in the day. He was a 50 necromancer and I was a 36 druid. I didn't get to play as much as my brother since he was four years older than me and being the sucker that I was, conned me out of most of my time on the computer..or he would just booted me off if my parents weren't home. :o

(That isn't the reason I didn't reach 50 though, for whatever reason at the time, I wanted to be ally or have the highest standing faction with almost everything plus I enjoyed doing most quests, so most of the time I was doing some long or short repeatable quest, & I admit..still have this problem hah)

Despite our disagreement with the computer time, my brother and I would work together when we played. For one, he would help me finish quests that I couldn't do alone but also I always wanted to kill NPC's you just aren't suppose to kill just because I was curious what they dropped. Most of the time they were high level NPC's in a town or I had done quests for or frequently saw - I always thought (keep in mind I was like 11 or 12 years old) if they're so powerful they have to have something amazing, right?!

My brother was skeptical about them dropping loot but since he was already evil, he didn't care much about his standings so he'd try and whack 'em for me. I remember the first NPC I convinced him to kill was the Priest of Discord. It took him 3 or 4 attempts and it was a grueling battle because sometimes the PoD would get off a complete heal and it would be like the entire fight starting over again! After an hour or so of straight combat, my brother finally finished him off and he dropped a robe (Robe of Discord) with identical stats to a Flowing Black Robe and his Staff of Discord. Unfortunately, his staff was no rent and I really wanted to keep it. :| He let me loot it though so I could have it for a day. :cool: (for whatever reason, when I logged back in, it turned into a fine steel morning star /shrug)

After that, I got him to kill all sorts of things. We killed Kane Bayle in North Qeynos (according to the quests I was doing, he was a really important evil character) but he just dropped standard loot. We also killed a few of the guildmasters in different areas. I remember the Monk GMs dropped sashes or headbands and some of the varies rogue GMs dropped "Mithril daggers".

My brother was good at soloing apparently. He eventually was interviewed by a gaming magizine and they put a picture of him in RL in their magazine and he had a section of him giving tips on soloing and kiting strategies that he had used. They gave us a few free copies to keep which are still laying around somewhere. I don't know if our mischief is what caught their attention but my brother was also very polite to(other :P) people and mature for his age..sorta. I think that also played a factor in getting the interview maybe.

The reason I post is partly because I probably won't make it to 50 before Kunark(I wish it stayed classic forever!! DOWN WITH KUNARK!) since I don't have that much time to play and I just recently stumbled upon the server. I fear classic will be deserted once Kunark comes out and I would really like to finish some of the old quests while it feels like they still matter..I'm only level 20 right now but I'm having fun anyway. (Druid, of course!) Also though, it would just feel nice to have access to a necromancer like my brother's again. Thanks.

Badmartigan
10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
From the early years in 1999 when a young halfling by the name of "Superling" was born.... A very special halfling that was quite mischevievious.. he was not akin to the forrest like most other halflings.. but more so to the deviant side of things.

Throughout his career he fared many lands, standing atop dragons and running up the side of the wall on nektulos to avoid danger at all costs! Halfling had a very fast paced and lustrous life that consisted of TONS of other players that helped him out.. however he always wanted to be able to go out on his own and take on the world as his own. Quite frequently he would dream of being able to raise a skeleton such as the great necromancers would and command them to do their bidding. Superling always found him self jealous of these things and ended up being quite jealous of the necromancers. Even to the point of constantly trying to duel them(but losing to no avail).. the years wore on and the lands conquered became too much and halfing retired..

But his dream of becoming that powerfull necromancer is still strong.. and with the community at 1999 it could come true.. Please make my dream come true to play a necromancer that is all powerfull!!

Thanks for yourtime!

Kink
10-07-2010, 06:34 PM
My love of EQ started when my uncles bought the game shortly after release. My parents were extremely religious and wouldn't let us have a computer at home or use the internet because 1, you can waste to much time on the computer and 2 the internet is full of bad stuff. So the only times i got to play EQ was at my uncles house when i would get to go over on visits.

These times where by far the happiest of my child hood. The freedom that i associated with EQ was amazing and i havn't felt since. Me and my brother would go to my uncles house and make new characters, have 1 hr strict turns (many fights where had because of one or the other going over there time limit). We were aloud to stay up late, we ate pizza and drank coke and watched bad movies that we wern't aloud to at home. My 2 uncles who played EQ really became my best friends during these times.

When i wasn't at my uncles i would think ebout everquest all day and when i was able to at school i would spend hrs and hrs on the computers and make fake Magelo profiles about the characters i dreamed of having one day when i had my own computer and everquest.

I started playing on p99 because it really reminds me of when i had it easy as a kid and about how awesome a video game experience can be. I also have plans to get an Everquest themed tattoo to remind me of how awesome a childhood i actually had.

If i had a lvl 50 necro to play with i would most likely use it to farm for my rogue and explore the lower lvl dungeons by myself.

Regardless of who you give your character i would like to say thanks for the hard work that went into lvling him just to be nice and give him away, very cool of you.

Volga
10-07-2010, 08:18 PM
fuck thats a lot of posts.. the necro sux ppl! =)

Back reading, I haven't been on since I posted this.

Volga
10-07-2010, 08:27 PM
What EQ means to me when I started out: honestly, it means about 5 semesters of really terrible grades. Also, the replies in this thread are funny.

I lol'd.

Volga
10-07-2010, 08:28 PM
It would be hilarious if this was a troll thread.

I lol'd

Volga
10-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Gonna think about it another day or so - I gotta get back to work now.. Some boobs might make this easier for me =)

Ledzepp02
10-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Some boobs might make this easier for me =)

that applies anywhere

Kink
10-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Wait wait, your in Bc canada? Where at? I live on vancouver island and i manage a liqour store. Ill hook you up!

TmackHack
10-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Some boobs might make this easier for me =)

I can show you mine if u want to see them? ;)

Volga
10-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Wait wait, your in Bc canada? Where at? I live on vancouver island and i manage a liqour store. Ill hook you up!

I live on Haida Gwaii, the shipping would be murder.

kinztz
10-08-2010, 01:12 AM
This thread is awesome, its literally 8 pages of people making up the most dramatic stories they possibly can about their history with everquest. Only to have it follow up with OK GAIZ, THANKS FOR THE STORIES - FIRST TO SUPPLY ME SOME PORN CAN HAVE IT.

Epic troll OP.

Friday
10-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Give it to me so I can test some hacks on it

baub
10-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Gonna think about it another day or so - I gotta get back to work now.. Some boobs might make this easier for me =)

step 1. goto gmail.com and make an account

step 2. myfreepaysite.com

step 3. boobs

step 4. ???

step 5. clean up

Twin
10-08-2010, 02:35 AM
50 Necro acct: Tits or GTFO

Cmon one of you ladies* needs to be willing to parade your tits for a pixelated level 50 avatar. I mean, if you're willing to blow your way to the top, this is like nothing

Volga
10-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Account has been given away.

I hope the new owner doesn't rape it sell all the stuff and shit like that =(

So long all, thanks for the fish.

Kink
10-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Here are some pictures of a tit and a booby. Ask and ye shall receive!

Kink
10-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Just for reference, thats a booby on the left and a tit on the right ;)

kinztz
10-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Just for reference, thats a booby on the left and a tit on the right ;)

I'm listening

Kink
10-08-2010, 03:26 AM
go back one page lol

kinztz
10-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Go on

Lickum
10-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Tell us who you gave it to and we can probably tell you if that will happen!

Heartbeats
10-09-2010, 04:22 AM
TL;DR

You shouldn't get it because you farm the garbage out of AC ;)

Nah I don't farm AC anymore; people sell the MQ for 6k now :mad:. Besides, my ranger is fully geared, so I don't really need the plat.

Ledzepp02
10-11-2010, 04:37 AM

You forgot to hit "send" after typing your info in a PM to me. Just thought you should know!

Killua
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Sorry to see ya go Volga! Anyone taking over a Gnome better treat it right!

fishingme
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
For the 50 necro? I'll gladly let you blow me and take pictures/video

Romantic
10-12-2010, 05:19 AM
I'd like your necro because I live in a hospital and I'm not allowed the time it would take to level a character of my own but logging in for a few hours a day to explore the world as a level with nothing to fear would be very enjoying. :)