PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Warrior

1stCrusader
04-09-2015, 02:46 AM
I'm in the process of creating a Halfling warrior and need some advice on stat allocation. I've heard adding 25 Dexterity is good if I want to min-max for Velious, but Halflings already tie for 1st on base Dex with Dwarfs (90). Would it be wise to just put the full 25 points into Stamina or are there other suggestions?

Also, any advice on gear to obtain while I'm leveling as a noobie? This is my first warrior.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

pharmakos
04-09-2015, 02:52 AM
it is a lot easier to find good STA gear than good DEX gear. and having more DEX is going to make you a better tank for groups (rather than tanking for raids). unless your goal is to someday be the main tank versus raid mobs, then DEX is the way to go. even then, if you are going to be raiding, in Velious you should still be able to get your STA and STR to the 200-point softcap even if you put all your points into DEX.

1stCrusader
04-09-2015, 02:58 AM
it is a lot easier to find good STA gear than good DEX gear. and having more DEX is going to make you a better tank for groups (rather than tanking for raids). unless your goal is to someday be the main tank versus raid mobs, then DEX is the way to go. even then, if you are going to be raiding, in Velious you should still be able to get your STA and STR to the 200-point softcap even if you put all your points into DEX.

This is very useful information. Thanks for your reply :)

Cillaz
04-09-2015, 05:02 AM
Gear for leveling = full set of banded (or bronze but its heavier) should cost you less than 100p. War weapons are pretty cheap, try to get a cheap version of each weapon type and work at keeping them all leveled. Look to get cheap proccing weapons as soon as you can too, for holding aggro.
Maybe some 5/55hp ring if you can afford, or 4/45hp ring if not (only cost 125pp each)
War mains may be of more help but off the top of my head (and i havent played in a few months :
Kunzar Kujuch 8/22 1HS (or however its spelt) = 100p ish
Jagged Chokidai spine 9/25 piercer = 100p ish
Deadwood Stave 8/28 1HB = 50p ish
Runewood Greatstaff 22/40 2HB = 75pp ish
Firerune Brand 21/40 2HS = 75p ish

Samoht
04-09-2015, 08:55 AM

no. max stam.

if you even get to the point where you're actually raiding on your character, you're not going to lean 100% on procs (see: nets (http://wiki.project1999.com/Wooly_Spider_Silk_Net) and mallets (http://wiki.project1999.com/Midnight_Mallet)).

stam is the only stat that actually matters and it's not very easy to cap, especially for a halfling.

maskedmelon
04-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Pharm is spot on with his explanation of sta vs. dex in grouping vs. raiding. The primary reason for that is that as a main tank for a raid, your only concerns are aggro and surviving 1 worst case combat round. Since the aggro concern is largely eliminated in a raid setting with clickies (nets, hammer, etc.) the only remaining concern is survival, so that 150hp becomes much more meaningful, especially when you account for the effective increased mileage you receive from it when using defensive discipline.

In groups, the extra hp makes c-heals more efficient, stretching your cleric's mana bar a bit further, bit your real struggle as a warrior is aggro management and the increase efficiency of healing you from extra sta doesn't mean a thing when the mob is beating a squishy's face in because you can't get aggro. A stopgap for this Poor aggro management is root, but the efficacy of that strategy decreases with levels leaving you the option to carry more clickies with you for holy mother of mithanil situations and that can become very expensive.

Of course with Velious around the corner we'll see chanters receiving Boon of the Garou and largely negating any dex shortcomings. BotG is a short duration spe though and while the chances of grouping with a chanter increases with levels and difficulty, you won't always have one, so I'd still throw my points into dex. ^^

Tuljin
04-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Halfling warrior is awesome and DEX is great to put points into. You will be able to tank raid mobs just fine even if you point out DEX and you'll definitely want to be proccing off in your XP groups as much as possible.

The warrior that won BOTB and also used to lead awesome open Sky raids two years ago is Halfling. He's also the only person that would tank the Bee Queen before she got nerfed.

15 STA and 10 DEX really isn't a bad roll (for balanced 100 sta and 100 dex), and 25 DEX isn't an awful choice either. DEX is at a premium and really at the end of the day you can roll a Dark Elf and put all your points into INT and still tank bosses lol

Raev
04-09-2015, 11:04 PM
If you want to min/max in Velious, go Stamina. If you *really* want to min/max in the endgame, go Charisma :p

Madbad
04-09-2015, 11:15 PM
that dwarven cultural is so good, be what ever religion gets you that

ArumTP
04-10-2015, 04:38 AM
Halfling warrior is awesome and DEX is great to put points into. You will be able to tank raid mobs just fine even if you point out DEX and you'll definitely want to be proccing off in your XP groups as much as possible.

The warrior that won BOTB and also used to lead awesome open Sky raids two years ago is Halfling. He's also the only person that would tank the Bee Queen before she got nerfed.

15 STA and 10 DEX really isn't a bad roll (for balanced 100 sta and 100 dex), and 25 DEX isn't an awful choice either. DEX is at a premium and really at the end of the day you can roll a Dark Elf and put all your points into INT and still tank bosses lol

Eabon tanked the bee queen along with Kegulas and Bobbarker, as rotated oh fuck something went wrong on bee queen.

Full disclosure I have a halfling warrior as well. At times I think I would have preferred a dwarf as they have better base STR and STA. The trade I get in return is sneak and hide, which hasn't helped so far for me.

wycca
04-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Well, if you really really want to min/max, consider the following -
- Avatar doesn't give sta. You may find it hard to hit 255.
- If you can max sta, then the remaining raid buff left is DI, which is cha buffed.