PDA

View Full Version : How did SOV affect item prices of pre-SOV items

Blux
04-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Hello,

Wondering how SOV affected prices of pre-SOV items during the original timeline and how quickly should we anticipate this happening on p99?

Cecily
04-07-2015, 12:39 PM
On Bertoxx, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps sold for 3k. I'd expect low end haste items to crash in price.
It's silly that FBSS is still worth as much as it is.

Erati
04-07-2015, 12:40 PM
not sure why we need a 'price of things' thread every other day

dumping Kunark items you are using is not that wise unless you have excess alts to strip you dont want to play

it takes a lot of faction grinding, questing, and poopsocking to get the really good stuff

Velk's phat lewt and Loddy will be stuff hitting the market the quickest and only the top end plat hoarders are going to be able to afford the prices of Velious stuff the first couple weeks.

For example, to give everyone some perspective, when Kunark launched:

There was much less liquid plat avail in 2011 but some prices included

1. Hiero cloaks started around 90K ( which dropped to 65K I think 3-4 months in which is when I purchased mine bc druids dont go to crypt )
2. I sold a Goblin Skull earring for 10K on Day 2, might have had one of the first drops on the server in fact
3. ES arms / gloves and in general Class armor from KC were 5-10K, the T-Staff was around 100K

Basically most of the Kunark trashy 1-2k drops we enjoy now were all around 8-12K back on launch so the prices are very very high when these things come out

I would imagine with so much more plat in the game 4 years later that those price ratios I gave in my examples will double or triple with Velious items as many people know this is the end of the line of their gear

Daldaen
04-07-2015, 12:42 PM
I bought a Totem of the Wizened Spirits from some monk for 5k on 2nd day after Kunark launch.

It's served me well. Well worth it.

I'd suggest against buying much after Velious drops. Prices will be absurd I'm sure.

Blux
04-07-2015, 12:51 PM
On Bertoxx, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps sold for 3k. I'd expect low end haste items to crash in price.
It's silly that FBSS is still worth as much as it is.

I heard something similar. So haste items will probably drop and should be sold before Velious if possible.

I'm less interested in the prices of SOV items (Which will be too high) and more concerned about not buying items now that will devalue greatly in the next 60 days.

Daldaen
04-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Low end haste and that's it.

Jewelry that gets replaced by Velium combos like HP rings or Diamond Rings probably aren't great to buy right now but if you do you can vendor them and recoup over the cost. Diamondine Earrings.

That's about it. Velious really doesn't do much for mid level players especially gear wise.

Erati
04-07-2015, 01:01 PM
FBSS is what 6K right now?

it will still prob hang on to a 3K ish price tag and remain the most affordable haste item for players since its one of the easiest to obtain ( least til runnyeye revamp )

the Sash of Dragonborn tho will take a huge hit going from a 8-10K haste item to probably barely worth more than FBSS

Daldaen
04-07-2015, 01:19 PM
I love how the EC Tunnel threads have already begun.

**Buying NoS for ridiculously low prices, makes note that they think it will drop in value hugely in a month**
**Buying Fire Opals for 5pp more than vendor, need them 6AC/65HP Rings**

What's next? FBSS getting sold down for 4-5k? Diamondine Earrings getting dumped? People buying up Diamonds/Blue Diamonds? People trying to sell spider silks for Wu's armor return?

ArumTP
04-07-2015, 01:22 PM
All haste takes a hit. If you do north wing, cloak of flames gets tossed out for 41% haste items Going on down the line as everyone's haste gets upgraded due to trickle down effect on price of haste.

Player made jewelry to take a hit in price.

Dragon hero bracer takes huge hits, as it become basically only good to clerics, shaman, and people that don't want to bother doing bracer of benevolence quest.

NoS takes large hit, although I can't say how choked off WW dragons will be either, nor are they an always drop.

Range slot items not named Idol of the throned, will be worthless.

Kagey
04-07-2015, 01:46 PM
fbss will stay around 6k, hand wraps will come out big but will drop too 2-3k like on live cause of how common the drop is.

Diamondine earrings will be replace with http://wiki.project1999.com/Cougar_Claw_Earring at a cheaper price.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-07-2015, 02:08 PM
not sure why we need a 'price of things' thread every other day

dumping Kunark items you are using is not that wise unless you have excess alts to strip you dont want to play

it takes a lot of faction grinding, questing, and poopsocking to get the really good stuff

Velk's phat lewt and Loddy will be stuff hitting the market the quickest and only the top end plat hoarders are going to be able to afford the prices of Velious stuff the first couple weeks.

For example, to give everyone some perspective, when Kunark launched:

There was much less liquid plat avail in 2011 but some prices included

1. Hiero cloaks started around 90K ( which dropped to 65K I think 3-4 months in which is when I purchased mine bc druids dont go to crypt )
2. I sold a Goblin Skull earring for 10K on Day 2, might have had one of the first drops on the server in fact
3. ES arms / gloves and in general Class armor from KC were 5-10K, the T-Staff was around 100K

Basically most of the Kunark trashy 1-2k drops we enjoy now were all around 8-12K back on launch so the prices are very very high when these things come out

I would imagine with so much more plat in the game 4 years later that those price ratios I gave in my examples will double or triple with Velious items as many people know this is the end of the line of their gear

Good post, some very good history and perspective.

The long and short of it is, one of the pleasant things about p99 is how easily you can gear up a toon with second and third best in slot items -- and yes, those items sold for mega-plat on live during the appropriate eras.

Velious will be no different. It's a nice aspect of the server, and does not break the game, and when it does (like the Ivandyr's hoop fuckery) the staff steps in.

But a brief scan through the wiki and comparing velious era stuff with what we got can pretty quickly tell you which items are about to plummet.

And the FBSS is still 7-8k because getting a haste item is an eq basic, and at that price I am guessing many longer term players have one on every melee alt, as a basic piece of gear. I own two, and I am a relative newb on this server (december 2012).

At this point, I would def hold off on getting a fbss tho. We got release dates, baby. FBSS should be around 2-3k by end of year.

Ezalor
04-07-2015, 02:13 PM
i sold a wu's quivering staff for 27k in the first week of kunark

i literally dont even loot that trash anymore because its below my dignity.

lesson: anyone that buys items in the first month of a new expansion is retarded

Itap
04-07-2015, 06:53 PM
I don't see SCHW selling for 3k until Velious has been out a long time and people have flooded the market with them

Lagaidh
04-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I don't see SCHW selling for 3k until Velious has been out a long time and people have flooded the market with them

Agree. On the Rathe, when Velious hit and a couple months afterwards, the FBSS remained at it's normal of 7-8k, and it dropped only slightly because players were getting 12k or better for the SCHW. I can't recall what the prices settled to, and I keep in mind that we know the coming content this time.

Lagaidh
04-07-2015, 07:25 PM
i sold a wu's quivering staff for 27k in the first week of kunark

i literally dont even loot that trash anymore because its below my dignity.

lesson: anyone that buys items in the first month of a new expansion is retarded

Sometimes!

I still love the Gem Encrusted Ring some fool sold me for 1500p a couple weeks into Kunark here.

Tee Hee!

Samoht
04-08-2015, 09:11 AM
SCHW will be camped 24/7 here. worse than auto-fire at frenzy. i guarantee.

Itap
04-08-2015, 09:18 AM
SCHW will be camped 24/7 here. worse than auto-fire at frenzy. i guarantee.

This I do not doubt, however supply will not compete with demand. They will be worth 15-20k for the first few months, or so I predict. FBSS should maintain 7kish as the only "affordable" haste for newer players.

Dirkus
04-08-2015, 09:31 AM
So I should wait to buy an incarnadine BP for my war or will the price on those remain steady?

Itap
04-08-2015, 09:46 AM
So I should wait to buy an incarnadine BP for my war or will the price on those remain steady?

During Velious they are no longer castable from inventory, so the price will drop considerably. Wait it out imo

Daldaen
04-08-2015, 09:47 AM

On one hand, the Incarnadine BP gets nerfed a few months in to become warrior/SK click only. Which will reduce its value.
However I imagine fewer guilds/groups will be doing Royals once Velious drops since there will be so much more available to camp. So that may drive the price up due to less supply.

I would probably hold out right now simply because once the nerf to its invising goes in, players will be looking to unload the one they had on their monks and clerics. I'll probably be moving mine from my cleric to my warrior. Though I have been tempted to get another for my warrior right now...

Destron
04-08-2015, 09:53 AM
What replaced Idol of Thorned?

Dirkus
04-08-2015, 09:54 AM
On one hand, the Incarnadine BP gets nerfed a few months in to become warrior/SK click only. Which will reduce its value.
However I imagine fewer guilds/groups will be doing Royals once Velious drops since there will be so much more available to camp. So that may drive the price up due to less supply.

I would probably hold out right now simply because once the nerf to its invising goes in, players will be looking to unload the one they had on their monks and clerics. I'll probably be moving mine from my cleric to my warrior. Though I have been tempted to get another for my warrior right now...

Thanks, I agree that royals will be done a little less but they will still be killed for war/cler epics.