PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid xp penalty

smallwood425
04-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Meant to ask last night, not sure if it was brought up during the stream but will the xp penalty be lifted with the velious expansion?

Whirled
04-07-2015, 11:35 AM
If this is correct....it may answer your question^
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1847474&postcount=39

Nycon43
04-07-2015, 11:41 AM
It was asked and yeah, I think Nilbog said it was a month or two into velious.

Roguejm11
04-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Did they say on the twitch stream if they were going to release it for us as if it was 2-3 months into the old live Velious release; where this had already been changed?

Nycon43
04-07-2015, 01:00 PM
That was not mentioned. Basically it sounded like they where going to follow the velious patch cycle as closely as possible; if a change was made 1 month into velious on live, it will try to be changed 1 month into velious here.

Aaramis
04-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Just remove it already.

Hybrids have suffered on P99 for FAR longer with this penalty than they did on live.

Making them wait for another month or two after Velious is released is just plain mean.

Lorian
04-08-2015, 05:21 AM
Just remove it already.

Hybrids have suffered on P99 for FAR longer with this penalty than they did on live.

Making them wait for another month or two after Velious is released is just plain mean.

I see it as the xp penalty timeline is already screwed, hybrid penalty only existed for about 1.5 years on live before it was removed due to being a really bad idea, here this bad idea has remained for 5 years and has totally skewed the class balance compared to live.

Aaramis
04-08-2015, 07:06 AM
I see it as the xp penalty timeline is already screwed, hybrid penalty only existed for about 1.5 years on live before it was removed due to being a really bad idea, here this bad idea has remained for 5 years and has totally skewed the class balance compared to live.

Yep, exactly my point.

@Rogean, please re-consider this penalty.

maskedmelon
04-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Oh boohoo. The penalty only really has bite if you solo. Does it suck? Sure. Is it going away? Yep.

If it bothers you that much just play something else for 4 months until the penalty is lifted ^^

Not trying to be snide here, but frankly the whining is annoying. If you enjoy the class play it. If the penalty bothers you, don't.

Aaramis
04-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Oh boohoo. The penalty only really has bite if you solo. Does it suck? Sure. Is it going away? Yep.

If it bothers you that much just play something else for 4 months until the penalty is lifted ^^

Not trying to be snide here, but frankly the whining is annoying. If you enjoy the class play it. If the penalty bothers you, don't.

Actually, you are being snide. And rude. And completely ignorant.
I was not whining about this, but merely pointing out that the live servers had this penalty for 1.5 years before they realized it was unneeded, whereas it has existed on P99 for much longer than this already.

For the record, the penalty also has bite if you group. And there have been a lot of discrimination on the server as a result of hybrid xp penalties.

It's time for it to go. Actually, it was time about 3 years ago, but que sera, sera.

maskedmelon
04-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Actually, you are being snide. And rude. And completely ignorant.

I like that part, a little meritless embellishment to legitimize your argument beyond the moral high ground. Personally, I'd like an opportunity to finish out my character with the penalty in place. It will be close (for me), but not quite going to happen :/

Discrimination is a fact of life and one can either quail in their mothers skirts validating it or ignore it and denying it both legitimacy and victory. I choose the latter and encourage others to do the same. Those who do not, bring shame not only unto themselves, but also to all with whom they share the discriminated commonality.

Take pride in yourself and your choices. Overcome or begone!

Aaramis
04-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Discrimination is a fact of life and one can either quail in their mothers skirts validating it or ignore it and denying it both legitimacy and victory. I choose the latter and encourage others to do the same. Those who do not, bring shame not only unto themselves, but also to all with whom they share the discriminated commonality.

Well, a lot of things are a fact of life, but I fail to see the point of your argument when the whole point is that those in charge of P99 can more or less flick a switch and shut the hybrid xp penalty off. Why keep it on, at this point? There's literally no reason to.

I think the issue here is that you have a hybrid who you've nearly levelled to 60 despite the penalty. Good for you. But for whatever selfish reason, you seem to want everyone else to face that same adversity. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Lorian
04-08-2015, 12:13 PM
I've got a job and full time gf, aint got time for no hybrid penalty!

kaev
04-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Xp penalties suck and are stupid. Hybrid penalty is extra-special stupid in Kunark era.

XP penalties are stupid and wrong, but if you're gonna penalize classes for being OP the targets should be something more like...

vanilla: Necro, Enchanter, & Bard (80% all three) and other hybrids (40%)
kunark: Necro, Enchanter, Shaman, & Bard (80% all four), and Monk (40%)
velious: Monk (80%) and Shaman & Bard (40%)

Don't matter tho. Game has many flaws, it's still a fun game and that's why we play it.

@Lorian: if the reason you're playing is to accumulate levels there's no saving you, sorry.

maskedmelon
04-08-2015, 12:30 PM
But for whatever selfish reason, you seem to want everyone else to face that same adversity.

Presumptuous aren't we?

Here's how it works: the developers strive to follow a classic sequence of events. If they can do it at the correct time intervals then they do, but if they can't they at least hold to the correct sequence wherever they can. This is the reason Velious is not out yet. You can disagree with it if you like, but that is their management philosophy and it is shared by the majority of the target playerbase.

I just want to finish my character before this change lands. It doesn't matter to me what you do aside from the shame you bring upon us all ^^

lecompte
04-08-2015, 12:32 PM

YA!@ Transvestite pride! Oh wait. HYBRID PRIDE... .. Same thing?

What are we talking about again?

maskedmelon
04-08-2015, 12:43 PM
I've got a job and full time gf, aint got time for no hybrid penalty!

I squeeze out an average of 8-9 hours per week of playtime. It's plenty doable ^^

lecompte
04-08-2015, 12:47 PM
I squeeze out an average of 8-9 hours per week of playtime. It's plenty doable ^^

... How long did it take you to get 60 on your hybrid at that rate? I think I had 21 days of play time on my ranger when I hit 60 and I didn't do much messing around. That would be 56 weeks of play time at 9 hours per week.

maskedmelon
04-08-2015, 12:48 PM
YA!@ Transvestite pride! Oh wait. HYBRID PRIDE... .. Same thing?

What are we talking about again?

Lol, spoken like a true ranger ^^

rajax
04-08-2015, 01:42 PM
I've enjoyed the nostalgia trip here for a couple months but I fail to see the point in following a patch schedule from 2000 when there are so many other variances here from how things worked back in Live. The majority of which are trivial but many are not. My personal preference would be to encourage the best/balanced version of classic EQ that can be made available. Realizing that what exactly that is or at what point in EQ's lifespan that was will be different for everyone. Luclin onwards definitely is where my interest (and free-time) waned originally.

But simple (not new or additional content) quality of life fixes like the removal of class xp penalties that may not have gone Live till 2 months into Velious seems long overdue here. I do recall there being further XP system changes around this era to promote the grouping system (6th person became free or 0 change to XP rewards to all part members) but my memory is way too hazy as to when this occurred and am pretty sure it was a series of cumulative fixes.

It's the developers of p1999's decision how & when to implement things and as I understand it this is an expensive $ and time-consuming hobby for them, like most people (myself as well) who played the game at release having moved on to full-time jobs and raising families. So whining on the state of things seems pretty ridiculous but I think the classic (true but bad idea) class xp penalty is one of the main things that hinders the growth of new player population.

Madbad
04-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Lord Nilbog demands sacrifice upon the altar of classic Everquest. He brokers no excuses, his thirst will not be sated. Come all ye, lay thine head upon the chopping block and thank your savior for the chance!

Lorian
04-08-2015, 02:06 PM
@Lorian: if the reason you're playing is to accumulate levels there's no saving you, sorry.

Not sure I agree. Grinding levels has always been the whole point with EQ, this is definitely not a quest focused MMORPG. However, the grinding sometimes comes with fun and interaction, but quite often it is just pure and simple grinding. This pure grinding could be cut shorter by not punish the classes with worst soloability.

As above post questioned, why has a humble Paladin 40% xp penalty but a one-man-army-of-destruction Necro only 10%?

lecompte
04-08-2015, 02:11 PM
I like my penalty... makes me feel like a manly man for overcoming bigotry, oppression, and a classist system!

Cecily
04-08-2015, 07:05 PM
I feel my penalty makes me a better bigot, oppressor, and classist when I hit 60 myself.

kaev
04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
I like my penalty... makes me feel like a manly man for overcoming bigotry, oppression, and a classist system!

I feel my penalty makes me a better bigot, oppressor, and classist when I hit 60 myself.

So there you go. Manly rangers and mangina ranger oppressors agree: they like the "feels" they get from the hybrid XP penalty. No doubt they'd rather get their feels from some live person, possibly of the female persuasion, but when you're an elf-sim emulator ranger I suppose you have to take your feels however you can get them.

Uuruk
04-08-2015, 08:12 PM
The servers already not classic. Get rid of this bullshit.

Cecily
04-08-2015, 08:53 PM
So there you go. Manly rangers and mangina ranger oppressors agree: they like the "feels" they get from the hybrid XP penalty. No doubt they'd rather get their feels from some live person, possibly of the female persuasion, but when you're an elf-sim emulator ranger I suppose you have to take your feels however you can get them.

If you're gonna post RnF outside of RnF, try to make it funny. But yes, I do enjoy the penalty. Level 60 is the death of your character. I like my ranger and she's nice enough to stay in 59 until, from how it seems so far, somewhere around the end of time.

Itap
04-08-2015, 09:05 PM

This is NOT RnF, keep your derogatory posts out of this

kaev
04-08-2015, 10:26 PM
sorry

sox7d
04-08-2015, 10:31 PM
I'll probably quit once the penalty is removed. It fucking nauseates me to watch as the underdog classes I love get an influx by the same community-fucking, exp-maxing, WoW-mentality people who were complete assholes to the people who loved the classes in spite of their flaws.

I also find it sad that we had 7 years of people thinking the exp penalty mean the entire groups exp was cut by 40%, and now it's over and no fucking apology or shame. People would deny a level 25 paladin but take a level 28 wizard when the wizard gave an even bigger penalty.

Not trying to be RnF, but some of these posts are enraging.

kaev
04-08-2015, 11:57 PM

Yep. Turns out that it's a big mistake to come to here looking to escape the rage-inducing idiocy of RL. Sadly, not only is rage-inducing idiocy not magically banished by our beloved elfsim, but our raging is often idiocy in the eyes of others.

c'est la vie

Itap
04-09-2015, 09:31 AM
I'll probably quit once the penalty is removed. It fucking nauseates me to watch as the underdog classes I love get an influx by the same community-fucking, exp-maxing, WoW-mentality people who were complete assholes to the people who loved the classes in spite of their flaws.

I also find it sad that we had 7 years of people thinking the exp penalty mean the entire groups exp was cut by 40%, and now it's over and no fucking apology or shame. People would deny a level 25 paladin but take a level 28 wizard when the wizard gave an even bigger penalty.

Don't worry, exp penalty or not, we will still be undesirable to those min/maxers

Lorian
04-09-2015, 11:56 AM
I dont think there will be a massive influx of hybrids just because the penalty dissapears, after all we are still poor solo artists and therefore few will likely reach old age.

So the dudes that got their hybrids to 50+ during Kunark will still be able to feel very good about themselves, having being part of a misunderstood elite before it became mainstream.

Aaramis
04-09-2015, 01:57 PM
I dont think there will be a massive influx of hybrids just because the penalty dissapears, after all we are still poor solo artists and therefore few will likely reach old age.

Rangers aren't good solo artists *now*. That changes somewhat in Velious.

Panic animal is a game-changer.

And SKs and Paladins get some reasonable buffs as well.

wormed
04-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I think the best point to be taken from this thread, and I believe it's a very legitimate one, is that on Live, it took them 1.5 years to realize how idiotic the exp penalty/2h/combat tables were. Kunark has been on P99 for 4 years now. I don't see the rationale on making people wait even longer for something that should have technically been changed a long time ago, at least according to the classic timeline.

I mean, I've barely been on p99, I can imagine the struggle for people who have been here longer.

Roguejm11
04-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Based on the twitch video from the GMs, they will be following the Velious updates as closely as they can. So in about 2 months the exp penalty will go away. Do I feel it is long overdue, yes. But the new zones, and better knowledge of the game, I feel I will be 65 in no time at all.

maskedmelon
04-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Based on the twitch video from the GMs, they will be following the Velious updates as closely as they can. So in about 2 months the exp penalty will go away. Do I feel it is long overdue, yes. But the new zones, and better knowledge of the game, I feel I will be 65 in no time at all.

There is no level cap increase until PoP :/

Lorian
04-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Rangers aren't good solo artists *now*. That changes somewhat in Velious.

Panic animal is a game-changer.

And SKs and Paladins get some reasonable buffs as well.

Rangers get to fear kite animals, SK's can already fear kite anything that can be feared. So not a game changer, although a good improvement for rangers. I bet quite a few will be fear kiting Cougar Claw Earrings in EW.

Btw and off topic, I predict EW and GD will be dominated by charm kiting bards.

wormed
04-10-2015, 12:04 PM

The combat table doesn't change for 10 months after release. That's very idiotic to make people wait for that.

Aaramis
04-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Rangers get to fear kite animals, SK's can already fear kite anything that can be feared. So not a game changer, although a good improvement for rangers.

Being able to very effectively solo now from level 22 onwards by targeting animals is a *huge* bonus. That was my point.

I'm well aware SKs can fear kite :)

Cecily
04-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Rangers get to fear kite animals, SK's can already fear kite anything that can be feared. So not a game changer, although a good improvement for rangers. I bet quite a few will be fear kiting Cougar Claw Earrings in EW.

Btw and off topic, I predict EW and GD will be dominated by charm kiting bards.

SKs can fear anything for 7 ticks and 100 mana. SKs can fear undead for 9 ticks and 50 mana. Rangers can fear animals for 3 ticks and 10 mana.
Yeah.. I think that's a game changer.

Lets compare snares.

SK:
Clinging Darkness - 20 mana, 6 ticks.
Engulfing Darkness - 60 mana, 10 ticks.
Dooming Darkness - 120 mana, 15 ticks.
Cascading Darkness - 300 mana, ~15 ticks.

Ranger:
Snare - 15 mana, 39 ticks.
Ensnare - 35 mana, really really really long.

So just using snares, fear, and melee.. rangers are WAY more efficient. Not to mention higher DPS and better active / passive hp recovery.
Yes it's a game changer. 15 mana + X fears will probably cost around 100 mana per fight, at most.

SKs can solo. Rangers are soloers. Efficiency makes all the difference.

Master Roshi
04-11-2015, 12:45 AM
Blood Ember Boots/Gaunts are handy, despite cast times they can be chained for nonstop snare and fear. Works best with a rogue duo imo, but can handle solo just fine with pet nibbling away.

Cecily
04-11-2015, 01:24 AM
Well if you have free clickies, disregard that entirely!

Aaramis
04-11-2015, 04:32 AM
SKs can fear anything for 7 ticks and 100 mana. SKs can fear undead for 9 ticks and 50 mana. Rangers can fear animals for 3 ticks and 10 mana.

Lets compare snares.

SK:

Ranger:

So just using snares, fear, and melee.. rangers are WAY more efficient. Not to mention higher DPS and better active / passive hp recovery.
Yes it's a game changer. 15 mana + X fears will probably cost around 100 mana per fight, at most.

Exactly, thank you Cecily.

Yes, it's a short duration folks, but hey...you can re-cast it! Crazy.

I distinctly recall release day on Live. Iceclad and Eastern Wastes weren't filled with Druids or Bards soloing. They were filled with Rangers.
Granted, we don't have the population to support that here - but the point remains that when you start fear-kiting cougars, griffins, etc., life becomes MUCH easier.

Lorian
04-11-2015, 06:52 AM

Lets compare snares.

SK:

Ranger:

Ok, you sold it to me! Gotta have my ranger levelled up for the release!

Ezalor
04-13-2015, 01:10 AM
i love rangers, but you guys are really exaggerating the utility of panic animal

Gustoo
04-13-2015, 03:00 AM
I soloed a ranger to 50 on live twice and the second time was in velious era.

Panic animal is nice especially if you have a swarmcaller. It makes solo reasonable in the karanas at lower levels, and you can solo cougars in velious to get through the 40's.

It's pretty cool. You get majorly beat up but it significantly adds to your ability to solo.

Latege
04-13-2015, 03:16 AM
i love rangers, but you guys are really exaggerating the utility of panic animal

It's pretty damn good but there weren't enough places to level up exclusively off animals until Luclin

Cecily
04-13-2015, 03:24 AM

WW mobs

a glacier mastodon 45 - 50
a velium hound 48 - 53
brontotherium 45 - 51
a rogue dire wolf 50 - 50

That looks like enough to solo to 60. Compared to the current solo option of kill stuff in KC with slow / melee / DS / regen, it's a nice change.
Panic only works on mobs up to 52, so not all velium hounds can be feared. I'll copy my 59 ranger over to beta and see how WW goes later this week.

Uuruk
04-13-2015, 04:24 AM
Rangers suck

Aaramis
04-13-2015, 07:49 AM

Well, if you're a career soloer, it does make a difference.
Gorge hounds. Griffawns/griffons/griffennes. Wooly mammoths. Wooly rhinos, cockatrices, etc. Snow cougars. Snow griffins.
It makes soloing 1-50 very easy, and probably 50+ (never really soloed 50+ back on live, but I'd wager Kedge would be wicked fun!).

If you're a career grouper, then disregard. It will have limited use in dungeons.

It's just another tool in your belt, next to SoW, snare, root, regen, self-AC / DS / ATK buffs, self-DD + stun buffs, levitate, invis, and harmony.

koros
04-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Exactly, thank you Cecily.

Yes, it's a short duration folks, but hey...you can re-cast it! Crazy.

I distinctly recall release day on Live. Iceclad and Eastern Wastes weren't filled with Druids or Bards soloing. They were filled with Rangers.
Granted, we don't have the population to support that here - but the point remains that when you start fear-kiting cougars, griffins, etc., life becomes MUCH easier.

Considering rangers didn't get panic animal for several months after the release of Velious, I think your memory might be pretty flawed.

Aaramis
04-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Considering rangers didn't get panic animal for several months after the release of Velious, I think your memory might be pretty flawed.

OK, whichever day spells were released. Are you really going to be anal enough to pounce on that minor error on something that happened over a decade ago?

Sad.

Ezalor
04-15-2015, 02:23 PM
a lot of hype in this thread

panic animal is not some kind of silver bullet with hoards of rangers soloing seamlessly all over velious, lol

Itap
04-15-2015, 03:28 PM
a lot of hype in this thread

panic animal is not some kind of silver bullet with hoards of rangers soloing seamlessly all over velious, lol

Not at all, but it gives rangers a chance at soloing efficiently, something they have never had without hundreds of thousands of plat

Ezalor
04-15-2015, 03:39 PM
rangers will take whatever they can get, and a short-duration fear vs animals is nice to have

but efficient soloers it makes them not

it's rare you get any measured opinions when it comes to rangers

ctre
04-19-2015, 11:57 PM
The Sad thing.
Velious will introduce how gimp ranger tankage is.
The only thing the ranger will do for tanking is Ws .. and die

It is a very balanced introduction.

The only gripe I have is monks.
they get stronger with velious.
Monks need to have a button they activate that allows them to pull boss mobs. and when they melee, the button turns off. When the button is off, the dmg they get hit by, falls back to more than a ranger.. they are a leather/cloth class after all.

Tickle-me-tiggle
04-27-2015, 12:31 AM
I like that part, a little meritless embellishment to legitimize your argument beyond the moral high ground. Personally, I'd like an opportunity to finish out my character with the penalty in place. It will be close (for me), but not quite going to happen :/

I found the bitter fat girl from middle school guys.

Ac888
04-28-2015, 03:54 PM
If I may say something, this is my first server for EverQuest (I played Vanilla WoW in high school), and I play a Troll Shadowknight, dat penalty doe.

BUT! I love playing it, I'm level 30 and work amazing in groups, I never heard the phrase "Sorry we're not looking for SKs" or the like so far in my short career of playing. I don't even notice exp going by that slowly and when I'm grouped with people I'm having a great time so most of the time I ding without realizing I was that close to level.

IMO I don't think they should remove the penalty at all. Even in AD&D, and I mean real AD&D none of that 3rd ed. and newer shit, there was varied exp for classes, experience boosts (not penalties) for having high stats in an attribute, attribute caps for classes/races and even level caps for basically anything other than a Human. I wish we had MMOs out there that were even more strict to AD&D 1st Edition rules.

Whirled
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
If I may say something, this is my first server for EverQuest (I played Vanilla WoW in high school), and I play a Troll Shadowknight, dat penalty doe.

BUT! I love playing it, I'm level 30 and work amazing in groups, I never heard the phrase "Sorry we're not looking for SKs" or the like so far in my short career of playing. I don't even notice exp going by that slowly and when I'm grouped with people I'm having a great time so most of the time I ding without realizing I was that close to level.

IMO I don't think they should remove the penalty at all. Even in AD&D, and I mean real AD&D none of that 3rd ed. and newer shit, there was varied exp for classes, experience boosts (not penalties) for having high stats in an attribute, attribute caps for classes/races and even level caps for basically anything other than a Human. I wish we had MMOs out there that were even more strict to AD&D 1st Edition rules.

I don't remember Shadow Knights being a choice in Basic, Expert or Advanced D&D.
Was that in a Dragon Magazine or Unearthed Arcana 2 maybe?

Ac888
04-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Not SKs. That's just a made up class combo of Warrior (Fighter) and Necro and Necro didn't even exist it was a form of Priest/Cleric that focused on undead summoning and controlling undead. I believe you needed an Evil Alignment. Even then I know there was alignment restrictions. But fighters with over 15 str got a 10% exp bonus same with clerics with over 15 wisdom. Oh and dwarves couldn't be clerics, something about a Dwarf and magic not getting along.

kaev
04-28-2015, 05:02 PM
The only truly excellent element in all of the AD&D materials was the line in the Dungeon Master's Guide that said (don't have one handy for exact quote) "If you don't like these rules make up your own." By that standard EQ classic, the abomination that calls itself EQ today, and every other fantasy ruleset and variant thereof is as much "real AD&D" as the goofball ruleset Gygax published.

Ac888
04-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Was comparing AD&D versions only, when I said "real AD&D". Of course, that was merely opinion based. I don't mind 2nd edition but I preferred 1st edition more.

By making up your own rules you could essentially change the game into an entirely new entity that would not even be recognizable as D&D. Then again look at how the mechanics and rules have changed in many games we love. I've always found it more enjoyable to sick to the rule set already laid out, with small tweaks to suit group size of course.

ctre
04-28-2015, 11:34 PM
Xp penalty should not be removed!

Makes the want of a fatty for tankage more of a rarety.. and bring's that added value.
As a fatty tank is worth it. Or shaman fatty for that matter.

People Sniveling about how hard it is.. boo hoo.. go away.

wormed
04-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Xp penalty should not be removed!

Makes the want of a fatty for tankage more of a rarety.. and bring's that added value.
As a fatty tank is worth it. Or shaman fatty for that matter.

People Sniveling about how hard it is.. boo hoo.. go away.

... racial penalties are staying. You're still going to have a -15% penalty on Ogre, and I think a -20% on Troll/Iksar.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 12:02 AM
If you're gonna post RnF outside of RnF, try to make it funny. But yes, I do enjoy the penalty. Level 60 is the death of your character. I like my ranger and she's nice enough to stay in 59 until, from how it seems so far, somewhere around the end of time.
This is coming from a TMO member..who gets free loot and plays more than 95% of the server. A lot of people ar required to hit 60 for a guild to let them app and watch that loot be stashed in a guil guild bank for a long while before getting 1 piece of what you have. You are only still level 59 because it doesn't effect your loot and you don't care.

Danth
04-29-2015, 12:49 AM
Keep in mind that if implemented properly, the same patch which removes class penalties will change racial penalties from shared to self-only. Penalized races will consequently level more slowly in full groups than they presently do.

The primary benefits to the penalty change patch are twofold: A) Most importantly, it eliminates a large portion of the bias against hybrids for joining groups; and B) it greatly improves experience rates when solo or in small groups. Note that hybrids aren't the only penalized classes. A majority of classes in the game--9 out of 14--carry some sort of class experience penalty. Thus the experience changes tend to make leveling easier and faster across the board.

Danth

webrunner5
04-29-2015, 10:54 AM
... racial penalties are staying. You're still going to have a -15% penalty on Ogre, and I think a -20% on Troll/Iksar.

I may be wrong but since they have 68% now they will have a 28% Racial penalty left?? I think only the 40% is coming off of Hybrids in Velious.

Ac888
04-29-2015, 11:11 AM
I think because back in the day when you were paying $15 a month to play a long grindy game that needed time and dedication people were more hesitant to allow hybrids to join groups because it would slow down a process they were paying real money for. A terrible attitude but somewhat understandable.. I guess.

Now because this classic version has no subscription the attitude of people has changed, for the better. People are less reluctant about group combos and how much time is wasted away because there is no cost to it besides your time. We have to ability to sit back and enjoy and not worry about doing everything you need to do in that month of time before forking out more cash.

wormed
04-29-2015, 11:13 AM
I may be wrong but since they have 68% now they will have a 28% Racial penalty left?? I think only the 40% is coming off of Hybrids in Velious.

See, I thought it was -20 for Ogres and -26 for Troll Iksar, but I checked Wiki and it had them at 15/20.

So I don't know.

EDIT: Just checked, they're multiplied, not added, that's why they ended up with 68%. So it will be a -15% for Ogres and -20% for Troll/Iksar since there will be no more Hybrid modifier.

I think because back in the day when you were paying $15 a month to play a long grindy game that needed time and dedication people were more hesitant to allow hybrids to join groups because it would slow down a process they were paying real money for. A terrible attitude but somewhat understandable.. I guess.

Now because this classic version has no subscription the attitude of people has changed, for the better. People are less reluctant about group combos and how much time is wasted away because there is no cost to it besides your time. We have to ability to sit back and enjoy and not worry about doing everything you need to do in that month of time before forking out more cash.

It's funny because I never, ever, remember having issues getting a group as a Paladin. Maybe it was due to people not truly understanding the hybrid exp penalty mechanics by that point? After my Paladin, I played a Rogue/Warrior so I never experienced issues there either. However, back when EQ was fresh, I could see that I didn't encounter problems due to the newness of the game.

Cecily
04-29-2015, 11:22 AM
This is coming from a TMO member..who gets free loot and plays more than 95% of the server. A lot of people ar required to hit 60 for a guild to let them app and watch that loot be stashed in a guil guild bank for a long while before getting 1 piece of what you have. You are only still level 59 because it doesn't effect your loot and you don't care.

No I'm 59 because of the reasons I stated. I don't get free loot, I earn gear because I play more than 95% of the server. My 3rd alt ranger is geared as well as I want her to be in Kunark, basically everything, so I guess yeah... It doesn't effect my loot (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zalea) and I don't care. This server doesn't have AAs. As I already stated, level 60 is the death of your character. I like the fact that my ranger will take a long time to hit 60, with far more intelligent reasoning behind it than your ill-conceived bash TMO for whatever it is they are posting about post. Idiot.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 11:39 AM
It doesn't effect my loot (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zalea) and I don't care.

So you just agreed to exactly what I said. I wasn't bashing TMO; I was just pointing out that your reasoning for being level 59 has nothing to do with the enjoyment of the xp penalty which invalidates your whole reason of posting in this thread. Idiot? lol, I question your age and your intelligence.

I don't get free loot, I earn gear because I play more than 95% of the server.
I was referring to you getting loot that a normal 59 ranger could not get, hence why they have to push harder to get to level 60 and care more about the xp penalty than you.

Cecily
04-29-2015, 11:44 AM
My gear is independent of my enjoyment of the ranger class, which will diminish to nothing when my ranger hit 60.
I like the penalty and you can't give me reasons for my opinion.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 11:47 AM
I am stating the obvious. Since you have been given all the loot your heart could desire.. the game ends at level 60 for you (which is why you dont care about the xp penalty. If you were a ranger in nearly any other guild or just starting you would have to hit level 60 and THEN you would start to slowly acquire your gear to complete your character.. You are slow to understand.

Daldaen
04-29-2015, 11:51 AM
My gear is independent of my enjoyment of the ranger class, which will diminish to nothing when my ranger hit 60.
I like the penalty and you can't give me reasons for my opinion.

No weaponshield?

Confirmed useless raid character in Velious.

Cecily
04-29-2015, 11:52 AM
I am stating the obvious. Since you have been given all the loot your heart could desire.. the game ends at level 60 for you (which is why you dont care about the xp penalty. If you were a ranger in nearly any other guild or just starting you would have to hit level 60 and THEN you would start to slowly acquire your gear to complete your character.. You are slow to understand.

Look scrub. I know you're a new player, and I can empathize with the plight of being new to the server, especially a ranger. It must be horrible. That wasn't my experience, and I'm not suggesting that mine is typical. You really want me to be an elitist asshole about this and I'm honestly not that person. But I will be that person if you promise it'll piss you off and I can laugh at your replies.

I like the penalty. Quit telling me why I feel that way and get the fuck out of my head.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 11:53 AM
Please do not antagonize the best geared and obviously most intelligent and knowledgeable ranger of project1999. You will be called names.

Cecily
04-29-2015, 11:56 AM
I accept your apology.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Can I have your gear now since it means nothing to you? I can swap you my banded. You will enjoy your ranger more I think.

Cecily
04-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I'm using it atm to work towards 60. 35% to go!

Dollar
You fucking tease.

Ac888
More than 95% of the server? Like I know how some hardcore EQ players can be but damn, really?

Cecily
04-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Just for reference, here's a list of my "free" gear "given" to me by TMO over the course of two years of being a TMO member in 872 raids.

04/22/15 Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate
01/21/15 Sword of Rile
01/14/15 Windstriker
07/24/14 Crown of Rile
05/18/14 Shattered Emerald of Corruption
05/07/14 Green Pulsating Stone
04/05/14 Grey Suede Boots
03/09/14 Razor Fang of Xygoz
11/11/13 Robe of the Spring
09/28/13 Red Dragonscale Breastplate
09/25/13 Blood Orchid Katana
09/22/13 Scintillating Bracer of Protection
08/21/13 Elder Spiritist's Breastplate
06/15/13 Mrylokar's Breastplate
06/14/13 Razor Sharp Short Sword
05/03/13 Nightfall

Dollar
04-29-2015, 12:22 PM
I thought we were over this. I clearly won, if you still feel the need to post this crap. OH YA OH YA MIke Tyson Punchout SONG OH YA.

I tried to put my words into layman's terms for you,yet you still do not understand my reference to 'free loot.' I think you should link your magelo a few more times just so we can clarify that you are not an elitest.

Kutsumo
04-29-2015, 12:35 PM
If you classify loot that TMO members get as "free," then you could apply that to virtually any item that is acquired by defeating a NPC - for any group/guild/raid. Maybe you have a bone to pick with people who are in raiding guilds, but this thread is not the appropriate place to do so. As others have pointed out, RNF is a great place to go complain about TMO.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 12:51 PM
If you classify loot that TMO members get as "free," then you could apply that to virtually any item that is acquired by defeating a NPC - for any group/guild/raid. Maybe you have a bone to pick with people who are in raiding guilds, but this thread is not the appropriate place to do so. As others have pointed out, RNF is a great place to go complain about TMO.

Good job coming into a thread and summarizing one page of comments to come to a conclusion.

Kutsumo
04-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Good job coming into a thread and summarizing one page of comments to come to a conclusion.

Thanks!

Itap
04-29-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised Cecily responded to a peasant like yourself

Dollar
04-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Me too. I guess she needed a reason to post her magelo (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zalea) again.

kaev
04-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Dammit. I said I was sorry for making that shitpost 3 weeks ago. THREE WEEKS AGO And the thread got over it. So why are you people jumping in here now to shit things back up? WTH is wrong with you people? Especially you Itap, after calling me out you're gonna jump on the shitfest bandwagon too? If you folks feel an irresistable need to flame Cecily take it to RnF. Please.

Itap
04-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Dammit. I said I was sorry for making that shitpost 3 weeks ago. THREE WEEKS AGO And the thread got over it. So why are you people jumping in here now to shit things back up? WTH is wrong with you people? Especially you Itap, after calling me out you're gonna jump on the shitfest bandwagon too? If you folks feel an irresistable need to flame Cecily take it to RnF. Please.

I was actually being serious with my post, Cecily is a saint.

Dollar
04-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Itap I think it was the peasant part that made you seem insincere. You know it makes you look like you are being childish on purpose, but you weren't. Thats embarrassing.

Whirled
04-29-2015, 03:14 PM
OPs question was answered but unsure what else is going on. Please close/lock thread.

Itap
04-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Itap I think it was the peasant part that made you seem insincere. You know it makes you look like you are being childish on purpose, but you weren't. Thats embarrassing.

You're good at telling people what they like and how to feel.

wormed
04-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, weren't we talking about the xp penalty? What the hell happened!?

Roguejm11
04-30-2015, 01:36 PM
DERAILED!

Nisei
06-04-2015, 07:14 AM

shut up