PDA

View Full Version : Troll Warrior Pulling

greed4284
04-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Hey Guys, ive been rocking out on my Troll Warrior. I saved up and bought a Skipping Stone for him and ive been Totally spoiled by it, now that it no longer works. What do other warriors use to pull now? i started fletching but i just burn through the arrows so fast ! Being Evil no one sells to me so its hard to buy more ammo supplies while adventuring.

What do you other warriors use for pulling now? Im thinking of gettin a shield and just slam pulling with the hope ill stun them so i dont get hit 3 times by the time i get back.

Let me know, thanks !

(im a low level warrior with no money haha)

theaetatus
04-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Train fletching to 20 with your trainer, then do 75 range arrows until they trivial at 36 and move to 150 range arrows. It's cheap as hell to train.

You can use Neriak or Grobb, no problem. Buy 5 stacks of each of the 4 components at least and you can make the arrows while you fight to save time.

If you insist on body-pulling, use strafe running to avoid taking more than one round of hits.

P.S. You're a troll, you don't need a shield to slam.

greed4284
04-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the Tip Theatatus ! Arrows are the way to go, ill just keep more of them in the bags !

Ele
04-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Hey Guys, ive been rocking out on my Troll Warrior. I saved up and bought a Skipping Stone for him and ive been Totally spoiled by it, now that it no longer works. What do other warriors use to pull now? i started fletching but i just burn through the arrows so fast ! Being Evil no one sells to me so its hard to buy more ammo supplies while adventuring.

What do you other warriors use for pulling now? Im thinking of gettin a shield and just slam pulling with the hope ill stun them so i dont get hit 3 times by the time i get back.

Let me know, thanks !

(im a low level warrior with no money haha)

I can't exploit anymore, so I have to use arrows. SMH

Freakish
04-01-2015, 02:12 PM
You can buy Flight arrows (150 range) from certain vendors. You don't have to touch fletching.

Pint
04-01-2015, 02:31 PM
You can buy Flight arrows (150 range) from certain vendors. You don't have to touch fletching.

You missed the part where he was low lvl with no money and wasn't trying to fte pd!

Lifebar
04-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Fletching is the way to go. If you have a small amount of plat and can skill up to the 130's you can make cheap 150 range arrows with an extremely high success rate. Also by that point you can make yourself a bow with medium range that is a bit better than the vendor sold bows.

I usually have a few 10 slot containers in my bank full of arrow parts. Good luck!

Freakish
04-01-2015, 03:51 PM
You missed the part where he was low lvl with no money and wasn't trying to fte pd!

If you can't afford the vendor arrows, have a mage summon you arrows.

kaev
04-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Fletching is the way to go. If you have a small amount of plat and can skill up to the 130's you can make cheap 150 range arrows with an extremely high success rate. Also by that point you can make yourself a bow with medium range that is a bit better than the vendor sold bows.

I usually have a few 10 slot containers in my bank full of arrow parts. Good luck!

A warrior does NOT need fletching skill in the 130s:
* 150 range arrows trivial at 56 and failure rate at that skill is low.

You do not need to fletch bows as a warrior:
* Hunting Bow is 50 range, so 200 total, and is dirt cheap vendor sold, is also a common drop from certain L20ish mobs.
* Longbow is 100 range, so 250 total, and is cheapish vendor sold.

All you need is range, although low delay on the bow is nice when your first shot hits terrain, it doesn't matter much as you can learn to position yourself so that that is a rare occurence. Even with the best available bow and the most outrageously expensive arrows your bow damage as a warrior will amount to neither diddly nor squat ("this one time i crit'd twice and did 73hp to an incoming 2khp mob, woohoo!"), what you need is to tag the mob to pul it to camp. So get the best range you can nevermind the damage at whatever your budget is.

Also, if you have high level friends doing Seb keys or the cycle in TT, there's a nodrop WAR/RNG only bow with 150 range that drops 100% off the froglok hunter & forager in TT and almost always rots.

captnamazing
04-01-2015, 05:13 PM
tons of good answers in here.

1) feel bad you got spoiled by an exploit
2) get a spectral bow from TT. just /ooc and find someone doing seb keys - they drop constantly
3) level your fletching cause it's awesome to have badass arrows
4) once high enough level, battle rock golems in the hole until you get bow of underfoot

I leveled my war's fletching to like 180. no fucking regrets, shit is sweet. You'll have better damage and ranged attacks than anyone but a ranger.

Also, with high damage arrow/bow, you can land 300+ damage crippling ranged shots ;)

Above method lets you ghetto kite if you need to kill a mob solo... Just make sure you have plenty of arrows, lol.

greed4284
04-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the Replies all ! I didnt realize that the Range of an Arrow and the Range of the Bow Add up !!!

Sylexis
04-02-2015, 08:22 PM
CLASS 2 Wood Point Arrow (small nock) (http://eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=4013&menustr=080060000000) Trivials at 56 and is 150 Range.

If you can get your hands on a nice no drop bow, good for you, if not, the Runed Oak Bow (http://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Oak_Bow) is Magic, and sports 125 range, that is a magic based damage pull distance far better than skipping stone (I'm including the distance of the aforementioned arrow) and you can feasibly get this setup yourself by the mid 20s if not earlier.

If you stand just outside the West side of the Centaur village and look West there is a centaur that paths north south in your field of vision, he's a PH for the guy who drops this bow, so you don't even have to break the village for spawns, you can take out the solo pather for the bow.