PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of joining

footlongcorndog
03-30-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't have nearly as much time as I need to play, so the XP bonus is tempting to see if I have the stomach for a PVP server. Before I get started I have a few questions about the community.

How does PVP generally work? Looking to get an idea of when I can expect to be attacked, and how often.

Also, I didn't PVP on live but for a few minutes, what I remember was everyone pretty much ran around naked so people couldn't loot equip or know what kind of fight theyre getting into.

Any other tips to keep me from rage quitting?

JayN
03-30-2015, 10:30 PM
currently their is a nice exploit where anyone can shoot you with ranged attacks, so watch out for high levels doing this to you

Bazia
03-30-2015, 10:30 PM
if you die you dont lose equipment or experience, just bind close to your objective area and you will have zero problems with pvp

pgerman
03-31-2015, 12:54 AM
Me and a few others on the server will kill you over 2000 times until you are level 40,during this process you will lose all sense of self worth and shame.

When you hit level 40 you will put your app into holocaust.

Then we will kill you 2000 more times, and you claim victory in your delusional mind.

Welcome to red99, hope its something your interested in

Feanol
03-31-2015, 01:08 AM
if you die you dont lose equipment or experience, just bind close to your objective area and you will have zero problems with pvp

Well put. Obviously tougher for melee classes, but being a guild member in good standing can get you a bind most anywhere in that case.

It pays to make friends that will have your back.

Back in yonder year you lost exp on PvP death and there was no Loot and Scoot server rule. Fighting players these days is much easier to do and it's usually worth sticking around and letting things play out just to learn how others fight and what works for your class.

The EXP bonus is for real. Welcome!

Ipman_Wingchun
03-31-2015, 01:23 AM
Things are cool here. People are cool. 10/10 would play here again.

Jimmybones
03-31-2015, 05:33 AM
Me and a few others on the server will kill you over 2000 times until you are level 40,during this process you will lose all sense of self worth and shame.

Then we will kill you 2000 more times, and you claim victory in your delusional mind.

What's your fastest nexona kill though?

Buhbuh
03-31-2015, 05:53 AM
bitterness in this thread is unreal

Agatha
03-31-2015, 05:54 AM
this is the only game i have ever seen a guild buy its way to the top.

hope it was worth it.

dis_mornin
03-31-2015, 09:57 AM
this is the only game i have ever seen a guild buy its way to the top.

hope it was worth it.

What you blabbering abut now

fred schnarf
03-31-2015, 10:55 AM
what a great name, welcome to server

exp is good and you level pretty fast even untwinked.

footlongcorndog
03-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info. Played for a few hours last night and it was pretty cool. Love the server wide ooc, was cracking me up. Also helped me run into some cool people who hooked it up with almost 100pp, so I can buy all my spells and some basic gear.

I play a cleric named Handsup, so say whats up, or kill me if you see me in game

Emoteen
03-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Good to meet you last night, Handsup. Glad you're off to a decent start.

<--- Custom (gnome mage at sisters).

Coffee
04-01-2015, 10:05 AM

this u?

http://i.imgur.com/5WxIM3U.jpg

footlongcorndog
04-02-2015, 01:45 AM
Good to meet you last night, Handsup. Glad you're off to a decent start.

<--- Custom (gnome mage at sisters).

Whats up! I love this server. Somehow with way less population its easier to find a group. Tore up Crushbone tonight, dealt with PK'ers trying to break up our group, killed a Necro and gained 7 levels.

Turns out fighting off PKer's is a lot of fun. Glad I made the jump

Kergan
04-02-2015, 02:39 AM
I am a big fan of corn dogs although tbh I do prefer pronto pups.