PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: March 23rd, 2015

nilbog
03-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Code

Haynar: Adjusted charisma check for charm, based on new 255 resist caps. Charm should be more dependable now.
Haynar: Adjusted default chance for root breaking, increasing chance, based on a lower chance now from targets MR.
Haynar: Pure melee (or anyone currently lacking the channeling skill) will no longer be able to channel through spells, if they get hit by melee or move while casting the spell.
Haynar: Added actual skill in use, to calculations for damage of clients against NPCs.
Haynar: Added an additional bonus for AC on clients greater than level 50.
Haynar: Added a missing random component to spell strengths for working with cancel magic line of spells.
Haynar: Fixed an issue with tracking clients, which prevented them from updating sometimes.
Haynar: A rooted mob who is already engaged, will now add new enemies nearby to their hate list.
Haynar: Merchants will no longer have items sold to them available for sale after they are killed.
Haynar: Fixed an issue with mobs following their owner, causing movement to be jumpy sometimes.
Haynar: Added delayed damage for ranged weapons, due to delay from throwing/bow shooting animation, and flight time.
Haynar: Added collisions for ranged attacks and bolt spells.
Haynar: Removed some extra casting animations, like for when bolts hit, or weapons proc.
Haynar: Bolts from bolt spells, will now travel faster.
Haynar: Added support for thrown weapons for NPCs.
Haynar: Adjusted angle of animation for thrown weapons, so they are not stupidly pointing straight up.
Haynar: Pets will no longer do a double damage message, when they have a killing blow. They never actually did double damage.
Haynar: Wizard bolt spells are now actually bolts.
Haynar: (PVP) Set spell debuff bonus to 50%.
Haynar: (PVP) Reduced resist caps of CC spell lines.
Haynar: (PVP) Fixed an issue causing clients to sometimes ghost near other clients when entering zones.
Haynar: (PVP) Made poison and disease spells easier to resist.
Haynar: (PVP) Lowered pvp resist base for Malise, Malisement, Malosi, Malosini, Malosinia. This should make them easier to resist.

Content

Nilbog: 'The Lottery Ticket' quest now rewards proper faction adjustments.
Nilbog: dracoliche's engage message is now zonewide (pve)
Nilbog: frenzied ghoul camp now has more varied placeholders. Previously it was always bloodthirsty ghouls.
Nilbog: Skipping Stone now expends when thrown.
Nilbog: Mosscovered Twig no longer drops. It has been replaced with Mosscovered Branch.
Nilbog: Corrected aggro and death messages of guards around Kelethin and Crushbone.
Nilbog: Rain Water drops from more gnolls.
Nilbog: 'Bladed Weapons' quest is now multiquestable. Requires amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: 'Orc Hatchets' quest requires amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: 'Scouts Cape' quest requires amiable or better faction.
Nilbog: 'Scouts Leggings' and 'Scouts Blade' quests now work. (amiable or better faction)
Nilbog: 'Mammoth's Hide to Frenway' now works. Mammoth's faction hits corrected.
Nilbog: Dulled Silver Paineel Earring no longer drops.
Nilbog: Flame of Fennin no longer drops.
Nilbog: Sanfyrd Featherhead's 'Scrap Metal' and 'Duster Models' quests are multiquestable.
Nilbog: Improved loot table for the thaumaturgist in befallen.
Nilbog: Changed shout color to white for all npcs who shout zonewide. If more are found, let me know.
Nilbog: 'Emerald Warriors' Items' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Misty Thicket - Removed ruined walls, a goblin camp, and an abandoned house. These were post-Velious additions to misty.
Nilbog: reaver of Xalgoz now exists.
Nilbog: spirocs of airplane once again drop Emerald Spiroc Feather.
Nilbog: Corrected various faction and dialogue specifics for Crushbone slave quests.
Nilbog: Prince Kermyt Keroppi no longer spawns.
Alunova: Increased aggro range of Griffins slightly.
Alunova: 53 necro pet will now be dark boned
Alunova: The Hand of Veeshan should no longer attack 5 times per round
Alunova: Xenevorash was missing most of his special attack codes and got beefed up a bit.
Alunova: Brother Zephyl will no longer despawn during combat.
Alunova: Fixed a spawn issue with Slansin in Erudin palace.

Pitborn
03-23-2015, 12:52 PM
First.

Ele
03-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Haynar: Merchants will no longer have items sold to them available for sale after they are killed.

:bowdown:

mjrau
03-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Skipping stone

/mourn

zanderklocke
03-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Awesome. Thanks for all the great work all of you do. Our server appreciates it.

Thumbs up!

Daldaen
03-23-2015, 01:36 PM
So much Classic.

I'm a little sad Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffin stacking didn't make it into this patch. But soon my precious... Soon!

Teneran
03-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Code

Haynar: Adjusted charisma check for charm, based on new 255 resist caps. Charm should be more dependable now.
Haynar: Adjusted default chance for root breaking, increasing chance, based on a lower chance now from targets MR.

/cheer for charm change! ;-)

Can someone explain the change to root breaks? it sounds like the MR check for root breaks was relaxed but random chances to break was increased? is this a net wash on root duration?

Samsung
03-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Thank god, so I dont need 100+ pr to worry about getting rogue poisoned? I can sac some mr for some extra mana/hps now? Do cleric nukes actually land 99% of the time like they used to?

quido
03-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Best patch I've seen in a long time - thanks!

towbes
03-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Haynar: Fixed an issue with tracking clients, which prevented them from updating sometimes.

Is this in regards to networking issues that have been reported by players in the thread below?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125811

daasgoot
03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
(PVP) Made poison and disease spells easier to resist

(PVP) Set spell debuff bonus to 50%.
(PVP) Lowered pvp resist base for Malise, Malisement, Malosi, Malosini, Malosinia. This should make them easier to resist.

time to retire my shm and twink a melee.

Ezekiel
03-23-2015, 02:16 PM
R.I.P. Skipping Stone

Raev
03-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Great patch. I CAN FEEL THE CLASSIC FLOWING THROUGH ME

And now Haynar has done the hard work with collisions, so the next patch will have sneak dropping on ranged attack . . . . OH GOD I NEED A FEW SECONDS HERE

fiveeauxfour
03-23-2015, 02:22 PM
This patch is awesome! Back to hurling javelins is going to be totally awesome

Edit: Skipping stone placed in ammo slot causes LD

Gustoo
03-23-2015, 02:33 PM
My DDs going to land now?

Sadre Spinegnawer
03-23-2015, 02:35 PM
"Adjusted charisma check for charm, based on new 255 resist caps. Charm should be more dependable now."

wrong direction, charm is already quite op compared to classic. maybe during the era of the titanium client it was this easy to charm, but not on classic live.

and while we are at it, there was a reason velious added improved invis. classic invis broke all the time and caused many a death. On p99, it rarely breaks early.

both charm and invis are not classic on p99. they are overpowered. not complaining, but don't kid yourself.

Thulack
03-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Is this in regards to networking issues that have been reported by players in the thread below?

He means Tracking the skill. Nothing to do with actual client issues. And as creator of that thread and having the issues leave 2 weeks after i posted it i'm still thinking its due to ISP issues and not p99 but hey i'm not IT.

towbes
03-23-2015, 02:57 PM
He means Tracking the skill. Nothing to do with actual client issues. And as creator of that thread and having the issues leave 2 weeks after i posted it i'm still thinking its due to ISP issues and not p99 but hey i'm not IT.

It is an issue with high latency connections it seems. The reports are too widespread to blame a single ISP. 325 replies and 36k views, I don't think it's just a random occurance. Granted it could easily be with eqEmu and not p1999 specifically.

Thulack
03-23-2015, 03:07 PM
It is an issue with high latency connections it seems. The reports are too widespread to blame a single ISP. 325 replies and 36k views, I don't think it's just a random occurance. Granted it could easily be with eqEmu and not p1999 specifically.

If you go and look at the posts its usually the same ISP provider at the time causing issues. For me it was comcast and other people with comcast had the same issues. Then it magically stopped for me and i'm sure most of them or they would still have been posting in the thread. Then it was Time warner like 2 weeks later or cox or something like that. Its almost like its waves of ISP at times that are having the issues. Playing other games and seeing how ISP's handle that traffic and all the rage from people with connection issues i want to blame ISP but thats just me. As i said 2 weeks after it started(main post) it stopped and has never returned. I never changed anything it just stopped happening.

Forthy Walrus
03-23-2015, 03:23 PM
**Adjusted default chance for root breaking, increasing chance, based on a lower chance now from targets MR.

This is some confusing language can I get some clarification on this.

Do I think that casters have a huge advantage currently on Red, yes. Do I think that shamans have some advantage currently, yah I play one. But I wonder if by nerfing everything a shaman has, its too much of a knee jerk reaction. Rogues currently can backstab most people for over 50 percent health making them the current go to character for ANY and ALL dungeon pvp. With these changes they receive a sizeable buff, giving them the ability to neglect fine tuned resist gear. Backstab is still as good. Last one that landed on me from Roberto, went something like 650, 700 double backstab even with my back smashed against a wall. I guess Ill learn to heal through it with superior heals amazing cast time and health point return.

Again I do think spells needed some rework, that's for sure. Being able to spam blind for days is unfair, being able to use CC and dots to kill someone who can damn near round me on contact hopefully isn't gone.

Lastly, if malo (-45) is casted on someone, will the resulting resist check still allow for a shaman to play his character.

Thoughts anyone?

Meldor
03-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Im not losing my skipping stone after using it, must be some bug still going

Thulack
03-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Im not losing my skipping stone after using it, must be some bug still going

Checking the Post tittled "Skipping Stone Bug" in the bugs forum might be a place to start :)

LostCause
03-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Haynar: Pure melee (or anyone currently lacking the channeling skill) will no longer be able to channel through spells, if they get hit by melee or move while casting the spell.

awww yeaa

nivikk
03-23-2015, 04:25 PM
pulling with thrown items seems very buggy and difficult (in sky at the moment). mobs not responding to items being thrown at them. it's taking 5+ javs to pull sometimes

baalzy
03-23-2015, 04:34 PM

Has to do with using the 'Track' skill. Often times when you began tracking a player it would take you to the position that player was standing at when you initially entered the zone and not update if the person moved.

Wasn't a big deal on blue but it killed a lot of functionality for track users on red.

Nirgon
03-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Donate a dollar for Box Emperor Haynar

indiscriminate_hater
03-23-2015, 04:44 PM
"A rooted mob who is already engaged, will now add new enemies nearby to their hate list."

this should be fun

Timelord
03-23-2015, 04:58 PM

Does this include pumice stone because it should.

Colgate
03-23-2015, 05:00 PM
pure melees don't have access to any spells

why else would he have posted that?

Timelord
03-23-2015, 05:05 PM
pure melees don't have access to any spells

why else would he have posted that?

Good point.

Smedy
03-23-2015, 05:37 PM
cheers all the devs putting in the time to make this happen, this look like a great patch for us pvpers, thanks!

Victorio
03-23-2015, 09:38 PM
how large is the "hitbox" for projectiles now? seems to aggro a lot of stuff around the intended target

ujmf0311
03-23-2015, 09:40 PM
damn they nerfed the skipping stone

Forthy Walrus
03-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Knee
Jerk
Reaction
to
Shaman
Awesomeness!

** After a few tests, tash+malo = shit.
Poison rarely lands, CC is completely gone.

LET THE MELEE TRAIN BEGIN!!!!

Vexr
03-23-2015, 10:07 PM
"Added actual skill in use, to calculations for damage of clients against NPCs"

This sentence makes no sense wtf are they referring to?

Victorio
03-23-2015, 10:14 PM
"Added actual skill in use, to calculations for damage of clients against NPCs"

This sentence makes no sense wtf are they referring to?

Maybe to using your 1hb skill vs. your H2H skill for your offhand attack when monks dual wield epic fist/SoS ?

mr_jon3s
03-24-2015, 12:19 AM
What happened to bolts?? My pet blocks them now and they are pretty much impossible to use.

Haynar
03-24-2015, 12:58 AM
What happened to bolts?? My pet blocks them now and they are pretty much impossible to use.

Bolts are fixed to be more like bolts should be.

H

Faffnirr
03-24-2015, 01:39 AM
So by creating collision effects on bolt/ranged weapons this has now caused issue's with sneak pulling / in general. Sneak pulling still does work as long as all mobs present for the pull are in line of sight to the player however when pulling a mob inside of building where says 2 mobs are out of line of sit but there backs are still to you they will stay agro while sneak is on even though social agro should not apply. The result of this in turn to me means that the bolt itself has a large enough hit box associated with it to pull the 4 mobs in total which i have also found to be true if mobs are to close together regardless if there in line of sight of the puller or not they will still link to each other while both backs are turned. I don't believe this to be a classic mechanic and am curious if anyone else can confirm that it was indeed this way in classic.

BlkCamel
03-24-2015, 01:51 AM
Nilbog: frenzied ghoul camp now has more varied placeholders. Previously it was always bloodthirsty ghouls.

Where was the proof for this? Not trying to say your wrong I just don't ever remember seeing anything other then Bloodthirsty Ghouls as PH's. I never remember say caster mobs spawning there other than roamer.

brecon
03-24-2015, 02:56 AM

Where was the proof for this? Not trying to say your wrong I just don't ever remember seeing anything other then Bloodthirsty Ghouls as PH's. I never remember say caster mobs spawning there other than roamer.

http://bit.ly/1CkIzyd

Second link.

BlkCamel
03-24-2015, 06:38 AM
http://bit.ly/1CkIzyd

Second link.

Thank you, sometimes I forget Google is Amazing.

Grimjaw
03-24-2015, 10:37 AM
lol wot

Grimjaw
03-24-2015, 10:38 AM
wrong direction, charm is already quite op compared to classic. maybe during the era of the titanium client it was this easy to charm, but not on classic live.

and while we are at it, there was a reason velious added improved invis. classic invis broke all the time and caused many a death. On p99, it rarely breaks early.

both charm and invis are not classic on p99. they are overpowered. not complaining, but don't kid yourself.

both great points

Telin
03-24-2015, 12:22 PM
"A rooted mob who is already engaged, will now add new enemies nearby to their hate list."

this should be fun

I like this :)

Victorio
03-24-2015, 01:52 PM
So by creating collision effects on bolt/ranged weapons this has now caused issue's with sneak pulling / in general. Sneak pulling still does work as long as all mobs present for the pull are in line of sight to the player however when pulling a mob inside of building where says 2 mobs are out of line of sit but there backs are still to you they will stay agro while sneak is on even though social agro should not apply. The result of this in turn to me means that the bolt itself has a large enough hit box associated with it to pull the 4 mobs in total which i have also found to be true if mobs are to close together regardless if there in line of sight of the puller or not they will still link to each other while both backs are turned. I don't believe this to be a classic mechanic and am curious if anyone else can confirm that it was indeed this way in classic.
Yeah I've noticed too that sneak fails against mobs that aren't in LoS

Nycon43
03-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Was the Splurt fix added in this patch? I noticed it was listed as fixed in the bugs thread, don't know if it was left out of the notes or just didn't make it this time around.

Malrubius
03-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Charm should be more dependable now.
Is this a typo? It appears to be common knowledge that Charm already breaks way less here than in classic.

Hopefully this was intended to say "less dependable to bring it more in line with classic". :)

Liav
03-25-2015, 03:47 AM
I feel like this patch broke Intimidation. Haven't had a successful fear on a dark blue in over 30 mobs after getting at least one every other mob.

SanityRevoked
03-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Haynar: (PVP) Fixed an issue causing clients to sometimes ghost near other clients when entering zones.

Not fixed. If alone in a zone, every player that zones in ghosts nearby.

GreldorEQ
03-25-2015, 09:27 AM
I lost my skipping stone today. As opposed to yesterday, it appears to be working as intended.

I already hate my small wisdom deity, once again.

salimoneus
03-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Good stuff, thank you devs!

Bluedarksun
03-26-2015, 01:09 PM

For shame. All the times I got killed by this mob on my toons while swimming to Rathe Mountains/South Karana, and now no chance to get revenge. :(

drktmplr12
03-26-2015, 01:32 PM
I feel like this patch broke Intimidation. Haven't had a successful fear on a dark blue in over 30 mobs after getting at least one every other mob.

sounds classic to me

Rayzor84
03-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Can a GM please look into the charm aspect of the patch? Ever since it is supposedly buffed, I've had ALOT more quick charm breaks than before. Mobs that consistently stayed charmed for 6+min or longer now break in like 60 seconds. My cha is 245. This is happening to others as well.

Stormfists
03-27-2015, 05:57 AM
What was said...

Nilbog: Skipping Stone now expends when thrown.

What was meant...

Nilbog: Monks now useless, mandatory reroll.

curtischoy
03-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Make javelins. Or just use throwing knives or shurikens. 50 range isn't THAT bad. I used them all the way to 53 just fine.

Daldaen
03-27-2015, 12:22 PM
What was said...

What was meant...

Lol....

Having to actually use throwing items and sneak not being a free easy button to single pulls is far from making a class useless.

It just means more devoted monks can separate themselves from the rif-raf with their pulling skills.

Ele
03-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Really need to start banning people that used unlimited Skipping Stone as dupers.

Raev
03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
What was said...

What was meant...

What are you talking about? Haynar hasn't even nerfed sneak to drop on ranged attack yet.

WolfsongReborn
03-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Nice patch overall but man......that Bolt spell/arrow collision thing. So utterly annoying lol.
I had to flat out stop using the bolt line in groups, as the hit box for the bolt seems rather large. If a groupmate moved like 0.0000004 mm to the left or right I end up hitting him, my pet...etc. Anything but the actual target.

Sirken
03-28-2015, 04:43 PM
bolts were a pita on live for that reason, especially on pvp servers

Kergan
03-29-2015, 12:42 AM
Only time I remember using bolts on live was to face away and fire, then turn around and fire aiming at the person and they'd get hit with both at the same time.

Nuktari
03-30-2015, 08:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/MQA1gLZ.jpg?2

Shibie
03-31-2015, 09:32 PM
So how do I get the updated files so I can play??

maskedmelon
04-01-2015, 10:06 AM
So how do I get the updated files so I can play??

No new files for this patch, but a link to the most recent files is included in this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

joediddy
04-02-2015, 07:48 PM
where is the link to DL patch?

salimoneus
04-02-2015, 07:54 PM
This patch was a server-side update only, there is no client patch needed.

If you are just getting setup for the first time, or haven't played in a while, install the last client patch released which maskedmelon linked in the post above.

Whoa2323
04-06-2015, 04:24 PM

Curious about this myself. Was this intended to nerf sneak pulling or does some code need to be tweaked? I'll be honest that I don't remember with certainty how it behaved in classic. Hopefully someone with a better memory than myself can chime in.

RedXIII
04-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Nilbog can you give us a ETA on when you plan to release the Wizard Bane spells? (Hsagra's Wrath and Porlos Fury)!

Thanks and goodjob.

wycca
04-25-2015, 03:27 AM
Nilbog can you give us a ETA on when you plan to release the Wizard Bane spells? (Hsagra's Wrath and Porlos Fury)!

Thanks and goodjob.

Banes were added 3-27-01 (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010327.html) or 112 days after Velious's launch on 12-05-00.

You should see banes no earlier than 112 days after our Velious launch, which would place it either Sept 18th or 19th (depending on red/blue date).

If there's any delays (those days are Fri/Sat, which aren't super common P99 patch days), that date could be moved back I'd imagine, but that's the classic timeline.

Bawler101
05-08-2015, 08:45 PM
I just wanted to ask for any new Project 1999 people, do these patches install by automatically or do we have to install in manually? Thanks!

Swish
05-09-2015, 08:24 AM
I just wanted to ask for any new Project 1999 people, do these patches install by automatically or do we have to install in manually? Thanks!

Download the patch file, then extract the zipped files into your P99 folder. It's not automatic, a few clicks required.

If you get the message of "this will overwrite an existing file" or whatever, you've definitely got the right folder :)

malvanti
06-03-2015, 08:31 AM
I cant seem to find the patch file...

Ele
06-03-2015, 05:18 PM
I cant seem to find the patch file...

This patch was solely server side stuff. The latest client patch is V36 released in December 2014. Found here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173641

Direct link to patch: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files36.zip

Ladros
06-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Noooo ... who will I kill now when I wait endless hours for the elusive Eldreth to spawn? Just curious anyone know why he was removed? He was a bad ass frog.