PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Sunday October 3rd

Rogean
10-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Code:

Rogean: Complete group revamp to resolve group bugs and desyncs. Many issues have been resolved with cross-zone and zoning updates.
Rogean: /makeleader will now work across zones.
Rogean: /disband on a member will now work across zones (use F# to target).
Rogean: It is no longer possible to group with yourself.
Rogean: /split no longer converts to different coin types.
Rogean: /tgb has been disabled (not classic).
Rogean: Several backend changes and removal of unnecessary code for increased efficiency.
Haynar: Several changes to fix trade issues.
Haynar: Shaman Alchemy skill is now level capped based on the formula (level - 24) *5
Haynar: Spell channeling checks should now account for client push better.
Haynar: Added lore item checks for rogue pickpocket skill.

Content:

Nilbog: Bugglegupp loottable, proc, faction corrected.
Nilbog: Tergon Brenclog's quest script fixed.
Nilbog: The dock in North Ro is no longer a usable door.
Nilbog: Saltwater Seaweed is now no drop.
Nilbog: Olunea Milton will no longer try to fish on land.
Nilbog: Fixed a_prisoner script related to the Zimel's Blades quest. Added the missing faction rewards, and emote.
Nilbog: Corrected Tallus Holton, Purchin Oddsbot, Fabian aggro messages.
Nilbog: Assistant Kiolna will now accept all the trades for Bank Clerk Jaylin. (Can't trade with bankers) She will reward you for room keys 102 and 401.
Nilbog: Added Lady McCabe's missing text about the battle staff.
Nilbog: Decreased Lady McCabe, Dyrna Nlith, Isabella Cellus, nobles, maids spawn times to 6 minutes.
Nilbog: Fixed Tallus Holton, Mistress Anna, Rodrick Marslett, Purchin Oddsbot, Dyrna Nlith, Flayer Hopkins, Storm Dragonchaser, Isabella Cellus, Starr Dreamspinner faces
Nilbog: Fixed Carson McCabe, Tallus Holton, Dyrna Nlith, Flayer Hopkins loottables.
Nilbog: Nobles, bards, and Isabella Cellus in Highkeep max hit damage increased.
Nilbog: Added Isabella Cellus pathing and flavor text.
Nilbog: Purchin Oddsbot will now have primary faction ArcaneScientists
Nilbog: Scarecrows, crocs of oasis will now scowl, but not attack on sight. They will not assist.
Nilbog: Death beetles of unrest will now scowl, but not attack on sight. They will assist at normal range.
Nilbog: Saltwater crocs aggro radius lowered. They won't assist each other, but will aggro if you are directly on top of them.
Nilbog: Kroldir Thunderhoof or placeholder will now path.
Nilbog: Centaurs in south karana will now assist properly.
Nilbog: Bigilam Wantilans will no longer spawn.
Nilbog: Cracktusk will now be a rare encounter.
Nilbog: Fixed Beggar Wyllin in Qeynos Catacombs. The Rat King now has a correct loottable/text/faction
Nilbog: overhauled the barbarians of Lake Rathe. Loot, faction etc.
Nilbog: Jonah Brucker will now be kos to non-Prexus worshippers. Aggro range increased.
Nilbog: Corrected Koalindl's aggro text as Rodcet Nife.
Nilbog: Rathe Mountains - Findlegrob, Sindlegrob, Bindlegrob, grizzly bears, and the undead have had faction adjustments.
Nilbog: Rathe Mountains - Guard Gruilka and Guard Shiznak now have full loottables.
Nilbog: Qeynos Catacombs- exhausted guards and sewer sentinels faction and loot corrected.
Nilbog: Created and populated missing npc 'a_clockwork_rat'
Nilbog: Fixed Reebo's Carrots quest.
Uthgaard: Frostbite now barks, instead of speaking.
Uthgaard: Fixed an error in the Innoruuk Disciple Quest
Uthgaard: Captain Ashlan in highpass will no longer be so picky about what he will respond to
Uthgaard: Khrix changed to accept Greater Lightstone instead of Fire Beetle Eye; quest text updated to reflect this
Uthgaard: Khrix_Abomination now on UnrestInhabitants faction, and will no longer flee at low health
Uthgaard: Falchion of the Koada`Vie quest now works
Uthgaard: Linara and Tolkar Parlone's family uses new stationery, old notes will no longer work; in addition, you need to be at least amiable to do the quest
Uthgaard: Linara Parlone will now be on KeepersoftheArt faction, priest of Najena rarity adjusted appropriately
Uthgaard: All fletched bows should now yield the correct stats
Uthgaard: All fletched bows should re-string correctly, and re-stringing should be impossible to fail
Uthgaard: Wrath of Al'Kabor Scroll renamed to Wrath of Ap'Sagor. It will still scribe as Wrath of Al'Kabor and is otherwise unchanged
Uthgaard: Research completely overhauled: All trivials fixed; all combines correct and functional; all combines produce the correct versions of the correct spells
Uthgaard: Research vendors around the world have been added or had their inventories fixed
Uthgaard: Concordance of Research combines have been implemented
Uthgaard: An Old Silver Coin in Ak'Anon is now in the correct location
Uthgaard: Factions have been added to many NPCs in Neriak
Uthgaard: Degarran Kixl is now a Shadowknight
Uthgaard: King Tranix is now a Shadowknight
Uthgaard: Lava Basilisks in Lavastorm will no longer drop rusty daggers, and will now drop eggs more frequently
Uthgaard: Lendel Deeppockets, Heber Druneny, Bouncer Bigboot and Bouncer Bogglebin are now on the Deeppockets faction with the rest of their guild
Uthgaard: Injured Polar Bear now exists, and is the sole source of the Barbarian Hunting Spear, which is now equippable in the ranged slot
Uthgaard: Wolves and bears in Permafrost will now drop appropriate pelts and meat; Wolves will no longer drop Mark of Anthem
Uthgaard: Blighted Skullcap will now display if showhelm is enabled
Uthgaard: Traps will register as traps that can be sensed and disarmed, although disarm won't halt the trap yet
Uthgaard: Guards Fernaldo and Carnita in Rathe Mountains are now fully resistant to spells
Uthgaard: One Lomarc in South Qeynos was replaced with Den Magason
Uthgaard: Quests "Blank Scrolls" and "The Package" fixed
Uthgaard: Fixed a lot of newbie notes
Uthgaard: The members of Order of Three are now on OrderofThree faction
Uthgaard: Eldreth is now level 49, tuned appropriately, and removed
Uthgaard: Players should be much less likely to be attacked by sharks while on the boat in erudin, or fall off of any boat
Uthgaard: Marshall Ghobber will now check the correct faction to see if you are one with the wall
Uthgaard: The following guards are now on a 6 minute respawn timer: The guards of the Karanas, the Deputies of Misty Thicket, the Bouncers of Feerrott, da Bashers of Innothule, Guards Colin & Valon
Uthgaard: Experience rewards for corrupt guard bracers increased; experience rewards for both steps of Fabian's Lute Strings reduced
Uthgaard: Ssynthi is a shadowed man again, there are no shadowed women. Faction requirement corrected.
Nilbog/Secrets: Inte Akera, when spawned, will attack enemies of the DeepwaterKnights on his island. Beware.
Nilbog/Secrets: Fixed Tykar Renlin's script. He will now require the correct items and reward you based on how many you have turned in.

bluejam
10-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Rogean: /tgb has been disabled (not classic).

Tears go where? :)

jelatin
10-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Wooot! just did my Mystic Cloak quest 5 hours ago!!

Mini14
10-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Wooot! just did my Mystic Cloak quest 5 hours ago!!

I did mine with my necro yesterday, I died 5 times because they were so hostile :eek: but I got it just in time !! :D

Mini14
10-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Logged in, was unable to form group with my brother...group invites not going though (buttons greyed out) :confused: server went down after a few minutes :(

JaVeDK
10-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Spells seem messed up again. Wrong icons and SoW requires lvl 255 to mem...

Uthgaard
10-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Stay off the boats for a bit. Unless you're feeling particularly adventurous.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2re4q4y.jpg

Omica
10-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Uthgaard: The following guards are now on a 6 minute respawn timer: the Deputies of Misty Thicket

I award you +1 internets.

Estu
10-03-2010, 09:26 AM
What motivated the guard respawn change? I remember an earlier patch that increased their respawn times; now some of them are decreased again?

MiRo2
10-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Stay off the boats for a bit. Unless you're feeling particularly adventurous.

I was, and after surviving a boat collision I was dropped of in East Freeport floating instead of on the boat. This is what was waiting on the dock.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9130/eq000058.jpg

Uthgaard
10-03-2010, 09:44 AM
What motivated the guard respawn change? I remember an earlier patch that increased their respawn times; now some of them are decreased again?

It was only supposed to apply to guards inside cities, but it wound up affecting much more than that.

baub
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Nilbog: Rathe Mountains - Guard Gruilka and Guard Shiznak now have full loottables.

Did these 2 also have their spawn time adjusted? I remember going to this spot a couple months back and they were @ ~27min instead of ~6min.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3094

Towards the bottom:

Spawn Rate?
Posted: 2001-01-30 14:20:22 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Anonymous

Does anyone know how fast this troll respawns?

RE: Spawn Rate?
Posted: 2001-02-01 03:25:54 | Quote | Reply to Post
Anonymous

About 6 min.

Uthgaard
10-03-2010, 10:34 AM
That didn't make it in in time for the update.

baub
10-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Errrrrr sorry for the spam

Haynar: Shaman Alchemy skill is now level capped based on the formula (level - 24) *5

Does this mean the new Alchemy cap @LV50 is 130? =(

(50 - 24)*5
26*5

Uthgaard
10-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah don't do any alchemy combines atm. Getting petitions about it.

baub
10-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks =D

Droop
10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow, one hell of a patch! Thanks for your hard work guys! Love how groups work 100x better now haha.

Nazran
10-03-2010, 05:53 PM
You receive 0 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper as your split.

Is that another way of saying...player X does not have autosplit turned on or is that message you get when trying to split coin to get rid of silver and copper?

quellren
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9130/eq000058.jpg

Any ETA on this being fixed? The aqua goblins in OOT have been let live far too long.

RKromwell
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM
You receive 0 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper as your split.

Is that another way of saying...player X does not have autosplit turned on or is that message you get when trying to split coin to get rid of silver and copper?

From what I saw, any time someone clicks on a body, you get a split message if they have it on. Even if the coins were already looted off the body.

Tenurn
10-04-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm assuming Watchman Halv and Mylz in Steamfont were not fixed as well.

khazim
10-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Boats still look rather unseaworthy. This is the last time the GMs should allow the boat pilots access to the bars on the wharves! First a dock accident, next thing you know, it's dark elves and trolls floating so heavily through the Oceanof tears that you could walk from Sister Island to the Sea furies without getting your feet wet.

You know... that might not be a bad idea...

Uthgaard
10-04-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm assuming Watchman Halv and Mylz in Steamfont were not fixed as well.

All 5 steamfont watchmans next update. Keep em coming, it wont be far off.

Tudana
10-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Boats still look rather unseaworthy. This is the last time the GMs should allow the boat pilots access to the bars on the wharves! First a dock accident, next thing you know, it's dark elves and trolls floating so heavily through the Oceanof tears that you could walk from Sister Island to the Sea furies without getting your feet wet.

You know... that might not be a bad idea...

The SS Everquest_Valdez

Braveguard
10-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Is split dropping coins (losing part of the loot coins, I mean) now? I was grouped with my regular partner last night fighting gnolls reavers in EK. We wree doing this the other day with a normal drop being several gold per kills. Last night we were not getting any gold (only two in about 25 or so that we killed had gold). We decided to kill a couple with autosplit turned off. These had several gold on them.

Maybe it was just horrible luck.

Eyry
10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Hell of a job guys. Thank you so much for your hard work!

krforrester
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Did these 2 also have their spawn time adjusted? I remember going to this spot a couple months back and they were @ ~27min instead of ~6min.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3094

Towards the bottom:

I was going to post the same question. I don't know if they have been adjusted, but they should be.

Uthgaard
10-04-2010, 10:08 AM
That was already answered.... one post below the question.

Uthgaard
10-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Is split dropping coins (losing part of the loot coins, I mean) now? I was grouped with my regular partner last night fighting gnolls reavers in EK. We wree doing this the other day with a normal drop being several gold per kills. Last night we were not getting any gold (only two in about 25 or so that we killed had gold). We decided to kill a couple with autosplit turned off. These had several gold on them.

Maybe it was just horrible luck.

I just tested this with even and odd coin amounts in varying group sizes. It works correctly. The coins are split evenly, until there aren't enough coins to be split, at which point the looter gets the remainder, which is how it functioned on live.

Bigcountry23
10-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Uthgaard: Research vendors around the world have been added or had their inventories fixed

Uthgaard: Concordance of Research combines have been implemented

Woot!

Lazortag
10-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Uthgaard: The following guards are now on a 6 minute respawn timer: The guards of the Karanas, the Deputies of Misty Thicket, the Bouncers of Feerrott, da Bashers of Innothule, Guards Colin & Valon

Just curious, but why are the guards in Feerrott, Misty Thicket and Innothule now on a 6 minute timer? I thought that the changes to guard respawn timers were supposed to affect "newbie" zones, which I'm fairly sure Feerrott, Misty Thicket and Innothule count as.

edit: Uthgaard at some point said that it was only supposed to affect cities, but I believe that's incorrect, and it was supposed to affect newbie zones too. If not, then I guess that makes me happy since I always loved killing the guards in nektulos.
edit 2: Evidence:

As we are sure many people are aware, there are guards that exist specifically for the purpose of giving new characters a place to run in order to be saved from a certain death. However, as many people have mentioned, these guards are frequently either dead, or engaged by players choosing to hunt them. This makes things very frustrating for newer players, and with the large influx of new players due to the release of EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark, we decided that a change was warranted.

Though we do not have a problem with players choosing to hunt guards, the newbie guards themselves, specifically the ones at the gates of cities and in the vicinity of newbie zones, need to remain alive under most circumstances. To that end, we have buffed up these newbie-protecting guards, made them immune to magic, and given them some pretty good healing properties, in order to make them less attractive to people hunting them.

In addition, though we have left the guards inside cities as-is from the perspective of power, we've also found a problem with the respawn rate. Previously they were typically on a six-minute timer, making them spawn much faster than an equivalent NPC would in a dungeon. We have normalized the respawn time of guards inside cities to bring them in line with dungeon NPCs.

Okay, so I guess this slightly contradicts what I said. Guards in newbie zones (or at least the ones directly outside cities?) should be stronger but according to the patch notes, their respawn timer went unchanged. The reverse is true for guards in cities - their stats went unchanged but their respawn timers were upped to twenty-something minutes.

Rufus
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I should probably know this, but what was /tgb?

Uthgaard
10-05-2010, 08:11 AM
On live, the two newbie guards immediately outside of city gates got stronger. That was it. There are three live patch notes that address guards.

/tgb is targetgroupbuff

Puyen
10-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Nice large amount of patch notes. Highly appreciate the dedication of your team.

One question about the guards though. You mentioned healing capabilities, that means they will all be able to cast heals on themselves or just regen faster