PDA

View Full Version : Boon of the Garou - Pet Control

mindeen
03-21-2015, 04:58 PM
When you cast boon of the garou on your animation in eq live it gives you control of the pet similar to other pet classes. Attack, follow, guard, and all the other buttons start to work.

I tested this in the beta and it doesn't seen to have that effect. I was thinking maybe this was something that was not part of velious and added later. But searching around I couldn't find anything such as patch updates that indicated it was a later update. So not entirely sure if this is a bug or not.

dali_lb
03-24-2015, 06:24 AM
Tricky thing.
I havn't tested this on live myself, but I hardly think that it has been the intention on the original time of Velius expansion to give you full control over your animation.
Until Luclin it is a chanters downside of their primitive but safe animations that they can't be controlled at all.

Daldaen
03-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Are you sure your enchanter on live you tested this with doesnt have the enchanter AAs that give you those control commands?

LostCause
03-24-2015, 10:39 AM
def not classic

Ele
03-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Only thing I found so far is a 2009 post about level 66 enchanter animation and Boon enabling the ability to control the attack.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=5505
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1474
May 30 2009
If I am in a group with a tank I cast Werewolf (Boon of the Garou) on the tank and Imp on pet. If I am soloing with pet or in group where pets are tanks I cast Werewolf on my pet. Nice Lifetap proc to help keep pet up, not counting the Wolfs buffs.

The other benifit is the pet then acts as normal pet with Attack, Guard, Back etc buttons. I have assist hotbutton with a /pet attack line that allows pet to attack automaticlly.

mindeen
03-29-2015, 12:03 AM
Are you sure your enchanter on live you tested this with doesnt have the enchanter AAs that give you those control commands?

No AAs, was on progression servers during velious era where I last used this.

Ele
03-29-2015, 02:08 PM
No AAs, was on progression servers during velious era where I last used this.

The progression servers, unfortunately, aren't classic timeline implementations nor do they use era appropriate spells/mechanics.

mindeen
04-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Yes I'm aware of that, was just pointing out last time I used it there were no AAs involved. And further reading I can't find anyone commenting on this spell ever being upgraded or changed so looks like it always had this ability.

Ele
04-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Yes I'm aware of that, was just pointing out last time I used it there were no AAs involved. And further reading I can't find anyone commenting on this spell ever being upgraded or changed so looks like it always had this ability.

That is quite the leap.

There could have been some other intervening change, like the pet window or pet buff mechanics. Not just a change in the spell, if any.