PDA

View Full Version : Noble Distribution 'Round Table Thread'

Erati
03-20-2015, 01:29 PM
THIS IS JUST A RAID ROUND TABLE FOR A NICE DISCUSSION

THIS IS NOT TAKEN'S STANCE OR ANY OFFICIAL POST FROM US

Now that we have all agreed that the server needs more Nobles

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185913

Lets talk about what we are going to be doing with them or at least some expectations about this new found frontier we are about to embark on.

The reason I am calling it 'new' is bc the raid landscape is yet again vastly different than the last time we did this type of agreement and the server feels much more stable as well ( in terms of hard resets )

Nobles will be spawning everyday within 3 weeks so we have a bit of time before things get really crazy on 1.5.

I personally ( not speaking for Taken as we havnt discussed it yet ) feel that the Nobles should just be flat out rotated. I dont know about you guys but clicking air really sucks: its random, dumb, and frankly not all that fun. Huge waste of resources and peoples time.

I know not all guilds like rotating anything but this is a pretty unique situation where many guilds are putting forth the effort to keep this alive- we are all pretty much equal in our claim for Dojo in that respect.

So what say you other Sky Raiding guilds, how do you envision the extra Nobles being distributed?

( if everyone opts for a daily click fest once this gets really cooking - /facepalm )

Pint
03-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Asgard prefers ydyn once they are spawning daily. Before that point we are fine with rotating or competing for the first 3 weeks. We're also fine with rotating for the duration although having to go for nobles outside of our sky day doesn't sound optimal. We're also fine with sharing the Saturday dojorn with azure guard in the event that we do go ydyn and only one dojorn spawns on that day.

bktroost
03-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I'm fine with splitting things on YNYD. It's less of a rotation and more similar to adding an additional mob to the regular scheduled sky day.

Also, as we get going with this, there will be days where multiple are popping.

Erati
03-23-2015, 12:00 PM
just wanna say

curses a server reset the first weekend we keep Overseers alive

lol

Pint
03-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Curses? There are 2 ooa up after the first day, should mean 4 nobles alrdy?

jpetrick
03-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Did OoA not despawn on the repop? Thought he should.

Erati
03-23-2015, 12:39 PM
was a hard reset this mornin depopping them

sim repop did not touch the Overseer

Pint
03-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Ah I just missed a hard reset then. A hard reset is good for starting fresh with the agreement though I would say, should give us a decent period of server stability.

Pint
03-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Did OoA not despawn on the repop? Thought he should.

Its kind of funky and I wont pretend to fully understand, but when there is only 1 active noble cycle (kill noble, kill ooa, kill hand, wait 7 days), the cycle resets on the quake. If ooa is left up, then on a quake a second ooa spawns and starts a second cycle. So last night after asgard bagged out we went to sky to kill a bee queen and some sisters and there were 2 ooa up. If someone does understand the mechanics of the nobles even through quakes, this would certainly be the place to share your knowledge.

Argh
03-23-2015, 02:33 PM
My understanding of the cycle is this:

An earthquake pops a Noble Dojorn which resets the 7d Noble Dojorn cycle. An earthquake will not despawn any OoAs, thus their respective 3d cycles continue.

A server reset (like this mornings) despawns all the OoAs, and does not spawn a Noble Dojorn which does not effect the 7d cycle.

A server reset with a patch which spawns all mobs despawns all of the OoAs, and spawns a Noble Dojorn which will reset the 7d cycle.

I could be wrong on any of these points though

bktroost
04-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Am I doing my math wrong or should there be 2 OOAs up right now. Since the sim repop was April 11th that means there should have been 2 OOAs as of the 18th. Did I miss something? There is only 1 up right now.

Pint
04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
From what I've observed, the 7 days ooa despawns when the 3 day dojorn spawns and then another ooa pops. When the second 7 day dojorn dies then a second ooa will spawn and persist with the first until its 3 day dojorn spawns at which point it will despawn for that 3 day ooa and persist with the first 3 day ooa. So just 1 rlextra persistent ooa per week and we are approaching week 2.

bktroost
04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
whoa really? That's way more complex than I thought it was.

Pint
04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
So I know that when nothing in the cycle is up, an earthquake resets the 7 day spawn to that time. What I do not know is whether or not an earthquake resets the 7 day spawn if there is currently an overseer up for that cycle. Atm we will get a dojorn every day of the week in the evenings at very convenient times imo. If the quake did not reset the 7 day spawn but instead allowed for x2 7 day spawns then we should get 2 dojorns every day starting next wednesday. Someone feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

jpetrick
04-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Give me the timers and i'll gladly start coming up again to help everyone figure it out :D

Pint
04-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Give me the timers and i'll gladly start coming up again to help everyone figure it out :D

naw gotta do your guilds own leg work, or agree to ydyn and do no leg work!

jpetrick
04-30-2015, 01:45 PM
As stated before we would be in favor of a Noble rotation, even if only to allieviate the expensive venture that is contesting noble. YNYD however doesn't work well for guilds with shared days.

Pint
04-30-2015, 01:54 PM
As stated before we would be in favor of a Noble rotation, even if only to allieviate the expensive venture that is contesting noble. YNYD however doesn't work well for guilds with shared days.

my guild shares a day and we'd prefer ydyn, we're comfortable working it out with our sky day partner. however if y'all want to set up a rotation and that is our only option then we will take it over fte, just get the ball rolling.

Erati
05-01-2015, 01:35 PM
3 Overseers, nearly daily Nobles, and 2 a day Nobles coming down the pipe...

might be time to figure out how to distribute these for when they become this plentiful

or is everyone enjoying spending plat and clicking?

Pint
05-04-2015, 10:35 PM
So many Dojorns and only tmo and asgard ever showing up for them. Really struggling to see how ydyn is a detriment to anyone other than the two of us atm. The rotation idea is also still fine but I have yet to see anyone post anything substantial. Everyone agreeing to ydyn and figuring out which guilds would be willing to swap days occasionally for windows seems like a good start for equal distribution and it also seems like something we could get off the ground in a day or two tops. I have every noble tod and Im more than willing to share when we decide to play ball with one another.

jpetrick
05-04-2015, 11:12 PM
If it helps everyone out Indignation will agree to do your noble your day. We can sort it out after that so this can be a less of a pain in the ass for the other guilds.

Erati
05-04-2015, 11:59 PM
obviously we would be in favor of YDYN and would also be willing to workout whatever more even distribution for the shared day guilds after the basic agreement is in place

Pan
05-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Europa (in the form of Culkasi who STILL doesn't have access to post here after some number of months) asked me to post this for him:

"Europa supports YNYD for noble distribution - we will work with Elzhi on how we share the Mondays"

Pan
05-05-2015, 08:02 AM
Omni supports YDYN and will work with Divinity on the details if the initiative is agreed on across the board.

bktroost
05-05-2015, 11:53 AM
AG will work with Asgard on YNYD

Erati
05-05-2015, 12:28 PM
what other Sky rotation guilds are not represented on the raid discussion roster to post here?

Pan
05-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Might have to ping some people and wake them up. Lots of the newer (read CURRENT) officers of a lot of guilds don't have access to post here. It's not a very useful place for discussions when that's the case, sadly.

Drakakade
05-06-2015, 02:30 AM
Divinity supports YDYN and will work with Omni (/wave Cloki) to share any Nobles spawning on our collective day. Good work everyone on getting an OoA agreement up and running btw!@

Pint
05-06-2015, 02:49 AM
We need bda, rampage and tmo to lock this in.

arsenalpow
05-06-2015, 05:25 AM
We need bda, rampage and tmo to lock this in.

Ydyn was what I've always wanted, but having IB/TMO on board is a tall order.

bktroost
05-06-2015, 09:02 AM
So we are only looking for TMO and Rampage at this point?

Erati
05-06-2015, 09:27 AM
TMO supported YDYN in the past however they often would cite respawns being an issue w their Sunday Sky day and Noble

I think respawns cover like 4 days now? so not sure that can really be fixed

jpetrick
05-06-2015, 09:30 AM
We'll take their Sunday noble and they can have one on Monday's if that helps.

Edit:
Actually i'll just talk to Swage later today and see what would work for TMO.

Erati
05-06-2015, 09:32 AM
We'll take their Sunday noble and they can have one on Monday's if that helps.

this guy reallllly wants this to happen people!!!!!

com'on!

bktroost
05-06-2015, 09:35 AM
I am also happy to work out some form of sawpping if Rampage has a similar issue or if Elzhi's offer on Monday doesn't work out for TMO.

Erati
05-06-2015, 09:39 AM
well if u guys remember- the entirety of Class R rotated Nobles so TMO/IB could keep theirs

we can offer them many solutions, we just need to hear their concerns

Im confident we can come to an agreement here, theres plenty good thatll come from something like this

Erati
05-06-2015, 11:24 AM
From Haggard Krew ( who cannot post here )

Haggard Krew is okay with YDYN but we would have to work something our with Anonymous and TMO. Currently we have been clearing AM/Early PM On Sunday and Anonymous has been doing PM.

Sset

Pan
05-06-2015, 11:28 AM
In other news, Sky just crashed on us...lost a lot of loot on Bee corpses (mid-awarding) and OOAs were poofed when the zone reset.

Damn...

Erati
05-06-2015, 11:29 AM
In other news, Sky just crashed on us...lost a lot of loot on Bee corpses (mid-awarding) and OOAs are gone.

Damn...

Is this real life?

Argh
05-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Rampage agrees to YDYN.

Our only concerns are: how will we treat this when there are no OoA's up, and in the event that noble spawns may get pushed back to beyond Midnight to which day would those fall?

bktroost
05-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Umm Defcon 5 Alert! For some reason just the zone of Plane of Sky crashed just now and took all OOAs with them. Omni and TMO are in zone to confirm no kill occured. Bee loot just disappeared for Omni as well... GM's UNITE! Please help fix this.

PS: <Tinfoil Hats> have a new raid to tackle. Just as rampage agrees to YDYN the just plane of sky crashes.

Erati
05-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Our only concerns are: how will we treat this when there are no OoA's up, and in the event that noble spawns may get pushed back to beyond Midnight to which day would those fall?

This round table thread can work on those issues- we have some bright minds here

let the suggestions flow boys....

bktroost
05-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Rampage agrees to YDYN.

We agreed in the past that YDYN occurs if there are 3 OOAs up. I believe that was a prior caveat that was already worked out in our previous agreement.

Pint
05-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Hahaha why wouldn't the zone crash right as thing were getting good.

Ella`Ella
05-06-2015, 12:25 PM
We agreed in the past that YDYN occurs if there are 3 OOAs up. I believe that was a prior caveat that was already worked out in our previous agreement.

Is noble FFA when there are fewer than 3 OoA's up?

Erati
05-06-2015, 12:32 PM

Yes.

bktroost
05-06-2015, 12:33 PM
That is correct, at least that is what I remember being a required consolidating factor required to get IBs involvement or something like that. I remember it working out for about 2 months or so with OOAs up and such--twas a prosperous time for all.

Ella`Ella
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM

That is correct, at least that is what I remember being a required consolidating factor required to get IBs involvement or something like that. I remember it working out for about 2 months or so with OOAs up and such--twas a prosperous time for all.

Signed, with respect to the above.

jpetrick
05-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Tears. Respawn them pls.

Erati
05-06-2015, 02:20 PM
this is great news!

sucks they are all dead but appreciate everyone being quick with responding

bktroost
05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have any idea why the zone crashed and if this has been linked to anything in the past.

Ella`Ella
05-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Does anyone have any idea why the zone crashed and if this has been linked to anything in the past.

Happens randomly - always has/does. Doesn't necessarily happen when players are in the zone either.

bktroost
05-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Happens randomly - always has/does. Doesn't necessarily happen when players are in the zone either.

That seems a bit unacceptable from a GM standpoint, in light of this new agreement. Nothing to do with the amount of OOAs or Nobles triggering some issue with the code?

bktroost
05-11-2015, 04:28 PM
I want to make it clear, cut and defined. It appears that we have a representative from every guild on this board agreeing to the YNYD agreement. Now that Argh from Rampage and Unbrella from TMO agrees to YNYD after 3 OOAs are up, it seems we have 100% of the guilds on the sky day represented here.

Noble Dojorn is FFA until there are three OOAs spawned and then it becomes YNYD. Those who share a sky day will discuss amongst themselves how they will split their sky noble or FFA among the 2 of them or ally, ect.

Glad we are all on the same page here! Let the Noble party commence in grand fashion!

bktroost
05-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Rampage agrees to YDYN.

in the event that noble spawns may get pushed back to beyond Midnight to which day would those fall?

I believe we addressed this as well in the past... sorry i missed your comment before.

We said that if noble is spawned at an hour till midnight, a guild cannot wait until 7am the next day to kill it in a time that better suits them. If it crosses the 11:59-12 midnight threshold then it becomes someone else's noble... I also remember a caveat that we said we'd be gentlemanly--not everyone is i the same time zone and things can get crazy if we start getting lawyerish on the time. I'd recommend going from EST since most of us are in that, to determine what day starts when. Also, if there is a force sitting there waiting for it then go who cares if they kill it at 12:01.

That being said, there is no reason that a spawn at 11:59 shouldn't be engaged at 11:59. We do it now with clickfests. Consider it a clickfest without competition.

Pan
05-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Status?

Erati
05-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Status?

3 Overseers are up - its YDYN

pls everyone - do not loiter with Nobles and try to push the timers around.

I would prefer we not have to create engagement rules ensuring guilds are taking care of their business in a timely fashion :)

PS: It would involve Gorenaire at 2 AM on a workday btw!

bktroost
05-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Maybe the way to do that in the best interest of everyone is to publicly display timers somehow? That way we can all monitor each other's kill times accordingly and there is none of this smoke and mirrors.

Erati
05-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Maybe the way to do that in the best interest of everyone is to publicly display timers somehow? That way we can all monitor each other's kill times accordingly and there is none of this smoke and mirrors.

yesterday was the first of YDYN (3 day pop from the Friday spawn)- so hopefully he died on schedule to the Monday Sky peoples

( not sure off top of my head who that is )