PDA

View Full Version : After more than 5 hours still not working

kickalex
03-20-2015, 07:57 AM
two days ago spent about 2 hours trying to get this to work, yesterday 2 hours again and an hour this morning. I really want to play but I guess I am just very very bad at computers and can't figure what's wrong to save my life. I'm at the point where I give up and would like to ask someone to help me by sharing screens on Skype, I'll be willing to pay via Paypal for your time and help.

my skype name is alex.vesco7

Thank you.

Grimjaw
03-20-2015, 11:32 AM
what part are you getting stuck on? please provide as much detail as you can.

and just to confirm - do you have a fresh install of EverQuest Titanium Edition yet? (Don't run the patcher).

I am available to assist after work (about 6 hours from now). We'll get you playing tonight.

kickalex
03-20-2015, 01:18 PM
what part are you getting stuck on? please provide as much detail as you can.

and just to confirm - do you have a fresh install of EverQuest Titanium Edition yet? (Don't run the patcher).

I am available to assist after work (about 6 hours from now). We'll get you playing tonight.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I never patched EverQuest. I followed the directions on the Getting Started thread (but I guess not well enough). Now it seems like I'm having more trouble with syncing my account from EQEmulator.com to this website. I'm just really confused at this point, because it said you didn't have to do it anymore for new members, but when I'd skip those parts (because it said you could) nothing happened. Then I was locked out for a while.

I have work soon. I won't be home until late, probably 11pm-12am EST. If that's too late for you, we could try tomorrow whenever you're free.

Thanks again for responding.

Casey VII
03-20-2015, 03:32 PM
I can give you step by step instructions for an alternate method of installation if you PM me or contact me on my website.

kickalex
03-20-2015, 03:54 PM
I can give you step by step instructions for an alternate method of installation if you PM me or contact me on my website.

As sad as this is, i don't know how to send a pm. And is your web site on your profile?
as Casey's Corner?

Grimjaw
03-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply. I never patched EverQuest. I followed the directions on the Getting Started thread (but I guess not well enough). Now it seems like I'm having more trouble with syncing my account from EQEmulator.com to this website. I'm just really confused at this point, because it said you didn't have to do it anymore for new members, but when I'd skip those parts (because it said you could) nothing happened. Then I was locked out for a while.

I have work soon. I won't be home until late, probably 11pm-12am EST. If that's too late for you, we could try tomorrow whenever you're free.

Thanks again for responding.

this sounds like a familiar issue where recently people aren't sure if they are suppose to make their accounts here or on eqemulator.net or what the hells going on. Can someone link that thread to this dude?

its confusing because on the p1999 home page they have a whole "account system" with all these different links. However I've never touched any of that. All of my accounts were created directly on eqemulator.net - there you create a forum account, and then once signed into your forum account you create "LoginServer" accounts, which let you login to the game server

kickalex
03-20-2015, 05:02 PM
this sounds like a familiar issue where recently people aren't sure if they are suppose to make their accounts here or on eqemulator.net or what the hells going on. Can someone link that thread to this dude?

its confusing because on the p1999 home page they have a whole "account system" with all these different links. However I've never touched any of that. All of my accounts were created directly on eqemulator.net - there you create a forum account, and then once signed into your forum account you create "LoginServer" accounts, which let you login to the game server

wow dude thats it!!! IT works!!! Thank you so much..... and ya the web site has it set up so its way confusing. They need to make it as clear as you said it to me.

Thank you again!!

Grimjaw
03-23-2015, 11:26 AM
no prob. glad you got it sorted out