PDA

View Full Version : leveling guilds?

Kileras
03-19-2015, 10:16 AM
the wiki seems really out of date, and doing /who all of low level players isn't really giving me a good gauge. I am lvl 20 on a bard and 13 on a cleric, looking to find a guild with lower level players so making groups for off the beaten path content or finding groups in general becomes easier.

I have heard a few names thrown around when i ask in ooc but it is hard to really get an understanding of it. some say black hearts, some say kittens who say meow, some day dark winter, I just have no idea really. some seems to only have 15-20 member son at a time and all are 40+, so i dont see how they could be leveling centered guilds?

any tips from anyone or suggestions? It is feeling mighty lonely right now and increasingly more difficult to get groups together.

loramin
03-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Ok, first off you're in the wrong forum: there's a separate forum for guild stuff.

Second:
the wiki seems really out of date

What exactly makes you say that? I've put a great deal of time and effort in to the guilds page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List), so while a single new guild might be missing, or a dead guild might still be listed, I can promise you it is not "really out of date".

The "Casual Guilds" set of guilds is exactly what you're looking for. Some of them even explicitly list "leveling" in their focus, so you probably want to start by looking at them.

Kileras
03-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Ok, first off you're in the wrong forum: there's a separate forum for guild stuff.

Second:

What exactly makes you say that? I've put a great deal of time and effort in to the guilds page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List), so while a single new guild might be missing, or a dead guild might still be listed, I can promise you it is not "really out of date".

The "Casual Guilds" set of guilds is exactly what you're looking for. Some of them even explicitly list "leveling" in their focus, so you probably want to start by looking at them.

sorry, it looked like the guild section was mostly for guild announcements and bigger discussion. I only saw one other personal question style post there and nobody responded to it so i figured that maybe it was more a server question/understanding the culture of the server.

I thought the wiki was out of date because in my research i had found a bunch of previous posts asking about guilds and saw some responses saying it was out of date. Since I am relatively new I can't really gauge what is and is not up to date so i took their word for it.

since people suggested to me knights who say ni, and kittens who say meow, and neither of those were listed, i figured there was a chance that it was indeed out of date.

i will look around more and try to do some better digging. apologies for being in the wrong forum.

Byel
03-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Black hearts seems to be a popular choice for low levels latley. I see alot of supremecy around also. But really just get out there and group, when you run into a enjoyable player or two start asking questions to them.

Kileras
03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
thanks for the response! I have indeed been out there trying to group, but it has been really hard. Everywhere i go is usually already camped/full groups and i have to wait around for an hour or more for a spot to open up if I am lucky. Was hoping that being part of a guild would help facilitate me finding holes to fill.

wormed
03-19-2015, 03:25 PM
I joined a guild called "Go Team Good Guys", send a tell to Ebon. More than welcome to join. Just filled with lowbie levelers.

loramin
03-19-2015, 04:36 PM
since people suggested to me knights who say ni, and kittens who say meow, and neither of those were listed, i figured there was a chance that it was indeed out of date.
Kittens are (relatively) new and they didn't post a recruitment thread in the guild forum. I rely on the forum to keep track of new guilds, so it makes sense that I missed them.

I have no excuse for missing the Knights though! They've been established for at least a year now, and they have a thread in the guild forum, so really I should have added them. Their thread must just have been buried several pages back on the day I first revamped the guild page; fail.

In any case, the guild page is still mostly up to date, but it does sound like I need to review it again to add the Knights, Kittens, and any other guilds that have been established recently. If you want the most up-to-date information, the guild forum is your best bet, but unfortunately there you have to look at each guild individually, and each guild puts their info in a different format. The advantage of the wiki page is that it lays everything out as cleanly as possible, but (as you noticed) it comes at the cost of not having the newest guilds (or even occasionally older ones like the Knights).

Thanks for pointing out the discrepencies!

apologies for being in the wrong forum
Not a biggee, just letting you know :)

loramin
03-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Actually, it looks like the Knights may no longer be an (active) guild:

The Guild Leader of Knights gave up on the Guild. So, just over two months ago, most of us high levels left to form our own guild.

I added them to the page anyway for completeness (and since I'm not 100% sure the guild is over), but I noted that the guild may be inactive in their row.

maskedmelon
03-19-2015, 05:02 PM
There are a lot of casual guilds that are 't on the forums at all. /who all is probably your best tool for finding any others ^^

loramin
03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
There are a lot of casual guilds that are 't on the forums at all. /who all is probably your best tool for finding any others ^^

Well, depending on how you look at it that's a feature, not a bug ;) If a guild leader can't even get their act together to make a post in the guild forum (like every other guild leader, including the leaders of many casual guilds, have managed to do), then what does that say about how organized they'll be when they run their guild?

maskedmelon
03-20-2015, 08:49 AM
And that is fine ^^ I wasn't saying it was a bug or leveling judgement in any way, just adding to the answer to the OP's question of why some guilds are missing and how to find them and others ^^They were looking for peeps to level with. A more casual guild might be worth checking because they tend to level differently. More organized/ambitious guilds tend to level en mass and if you miss the wave you have nobody to group with. The wiki page that you made is fantastic though (I didn't know that was you, nice!) as is the guild forum.

loramin
03-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Gotcha, and yeah that's true: the type of guild OP wants might not be the most organized.

Thugnuts
03-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Knights Who Say Ni - Great leveling guild. When I started P99, my first character was a gnome. After character creation I ran directly from Ak'Anon to the druid rings, was invited by the guild leader, and been a member for like three years now. Good bunch there, and they really do say Ni. A lot.

Like all the time.