PDA

View Full Version : "Your IP Address has been temporarily blocked"

ryantwin23
10-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey there.. I am currently staying at an upscale hotel that has WiFi access.. I have never had issues playing since I have been here. I bought my brother a computer tonight so he could play with me on the Project 99 server and when he is logged in to HIS account, I can not log in to mine.. Mind you, we have 2 SEPARATE accounts, but as long as he is logged in it gives me the message "Your IP has temporarily been blocked, please try again later." If he logs out, I can log in just fine... The hotel staff are telling me the internet here shares the same master IP Address so the server thinks im logging in the same account twice I think... Please tell me there is a fix for this!!! :(

wimble
10-02-2010, 07:51 AM
You do not indicate whether you petitioned to allow access by two accounts from the same IP address. Given that you are posting to Server Chat rather than Petitions, I suspect this is your problem.

The good news is that this is a feature, not a bug.

The bad news is that turnaround time on this type of petition can be days or weeks.

ryantwin23
10-02-2010, 08:15 AM
just posted in the petition thread.. I really hope it doesnt take days or weeks lol... We happen to be in the same hotel room and i guess the ip is the same.. I just wanna be able to play with my brother lol

fishingme
10-02-2010, 11:39 AM
just posted in the petition thread.. I really hope it doesnt take days or weeks lol... We happen to be in the same hotel room and i guess the ip is the same.. I just wanna be able to play with my brother lol

It's going to take a bit, I've been waiting a little over a week for mine so far

corradojeff
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Maybe a good option for you is to tether your cell phone to one of the laptops as a modem.

If you have a smart phone this is usually and option.

EQ takes remarkably little data. After about 20 hours I had 700mb used data.

You will need a smartphone with the option and possibly have to call your carrier to enable the tether feature. That or go buy a mobile internet stick from your carrier and use that.

ryantwin23
10-02-2010, 07:30 PM
I have 2 different sticks to access the wifi in the hotel... my brothers computer which is in front of mine, has a Belkin Wireless USB Adabter and I have a Netgear one... I don't quite understand why we are pulling the same IP Address... Is there ANYTHING that can be done OTHER than waiting for "access" by the server admins? The ISP here said that we have different IP's but the "master" one or whatever is the same... Any help would be MUCH appreciate!

Ridic
10-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I have 2 different sticks to access the wifi in the hotel... my brothers computer which is in front of mine, has a Belkin Wireless USB Adabter and I have a Netgear one... I don't quite understand why we are pulling the same IP Address... Is there ANYTHING that can be done OTHER than waiting for "access" by the server admins? The ISP here said that we have different IP's but the "master" one or whatever is the same... Any help would be MUCH appreciate!

If they're all hitting the same router, then they have the same IP. Check both your IPs @ http://www.whatismyip.com/

You may have to take him to Mcdonalds or something :P

Kassel
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Think of IP's like names, each computer has a first name, and the main line to the isp Via the router is like a last name. P99 only lets one last name play at the same time.

Valroth66
10-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I've been waiting for over a week for an IP exemption as well- It'll probably take a while.

Zallarenya
10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't quite understand why we are pulling the same IP Address...
As the hotel staff indicated, they have one IP address. If you are using the hotel for internet, you have that internet IP address. This is the common scenario for hotels.

Corradojeff's "mobile internet sticks" are not the wifi adapters (Netgear, Belkin) that you mentioned, but cellular (usually 3G) adapters that are part of mobile phone/data services.

oldhead
10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I've been waiting over 5 weeks for one of my petitions... uhg.

rictus204
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
i think there is only 1 exempting guy, and i'm sure he has his hands full :D

Dronelord27
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Is it so crazy that 2 people want to play on 2 computers on the same router?
Get rid of the "feature" that restricts it. That is just silly.

quellren
11-01-2010, 08:05 PM

No, but it is crazy that ONE guy wants to play 2 computers on the same router.

It matters not one whit to me, but for others it would be nice if it could happen a little faster.

Messianic
11-02-2010, 08:49 AM

You must be new here.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

- Multi-boxing is not allowed. Players are only allowed to play one client per RL person. We will be enforcing this rule and we ask for everyone’s co-operation to just abide by our wishes. Breaking this rule will result in a ban.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/announcement.php?f=25

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP.