PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Should not be able to SHIFT+BUY or SELL on vendors

Snackies
03-12-2015, 10:14 PM
I saw an old EQ comic that referenced someone having to literally buy stackable items 1 at a time. I decided to look through old patch notes to see when that ability was actually added and it doesn't look like it was in until after the Velious release.

I can't seem to find any patch notes that indicate when the ability to purchase a whole stack was implemented after these notes, however.

------------------------------
March 14, 2001 3:00 am

- Shift-clicking on a stack of items will cause you to pick up the
whole stack. This is in addition to CTRL-clicking on a stack, which
will cause you to pick up one. These both also work for coins now as
well as items.
- In addition to the above, holding down the shift key while clicking
the "Sell" button in the vendor screen will cause you to sell the
entire stack of items if a stack is selected. For example, you can sell
20 peridots by selecting the stack, and shift-clicking "Sell". I'd
recommend though that you give them to your neighborhood cleric first
though :) The ability to buy stacks is on the list for implementation
in the near future.

I've been here long enough and figured I'd do my part at least once in suggesting something that was "classic" :)

Daldaen
03-12-2015, 10:37 PM
+1 ClassicQuest to Snackies.

wycca
03-12-2015, 10:46 PM
I am simultaneously both thinking PRAS and H8 at this time.

Itap
03-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Bro Velious is like 2 weeks away, i can feel it

zanderklocke
03-13-2015, 12:10 AM
http://www.gucomics.com/comics/2001/gu_20010420.jpg

http://www.gucomics.com/20010420

Littlegyno 13.0
03-13-2015, 06:44 AM
U sick fuck

Brocode
03-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Sometimes "classic" in p99 dictionary relates to chinese torture. Like many other things that were "unfixed" to make it classic, but sadly when its an advantage to players and is classic its not elegible to be fixed as pets with double 2 handers, handing 2 handers to npcs to attack slower, etc... As some others items/finds that werent supposed to be ingame, are also kept in.

The game is not classic, the classic is whatever the owners decide they want to be in the game. And we hope our finds are considered.

Ele
03-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Bunch of stuff in that patch needs fixing.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118611

April 17, 2001 Patch notes
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010417a.html

When you /consent someone it will give them the ability to drag all of your corpses. Shouldn't the current state be the most recent corpse only?
You can now buy stacks of combinable items (such as rations, water, etc...) from merchants. It works the same way as sell in that you can hold down shift to buy a full stack and control to buy just one item. Need to disable this functionality.
Added the ability to change the color of all windows at one time with /wincolor (all windows that can be changed, that is). You can now use /wincolor ALL 0 0 100 2, for example, instead of having to set each window separately.
Right-clicking items while looting will 'auto-equip' them. This will work just as if you had picked the items up and dropped them onto the 'auto-equip' area of your character profile. So if there is already a piece of equipment on your character in the spot where the looted item would normally go, it will drop into your inventory, if you have room for it. Is there a way to disable this quick looting of corpses, until the appropriate time?
The tab key will no longer toggle between you and your last target when the chat bar is up. When the chat bar is open the tab key will take you through the list of your most recent /tell names or /reply names. When the chat bar is closed the tab key will switch you between yourself and your last target.
/assist has an added parameter. /assist on and /assist off will determine whether or not your character auto-attacks when you use /assist. So if you type /assist off, from that time forward using /assist will NOT engage your character's auto-attack. This change will be persistent, so it will remain as you left it when you log out. /assist also now has a range of 200 feet. Any ideas on the prior distance for assist?
The destroy confirmation requestor now shows the name of the item you are trying to destroy, or it just says money if you are destroying coins. This should greatly reduce the chance of accidentally deleting the wrong item. PLEASE read the text in the destroy confirmation box to be certain that you are destroying the right item before choosing to destroy it. Currently the destroy confirmation box tells you what the item is or if it is coin, should be disabled until appropriate time.
Hailing Player Character will now say 'Hail Playername', rather than just 'hail'. Need to fix this as well, currently adds the name of the player.
Added /charinfo command. Currently this command only reports the zone where the current character is bound. We may add further information as things progress. Need to disable this command until the appropriate time.
You will now see how much damage your character has taken when he is hit by a spell that causes instant damage (DOT damage is not reported). [b]I read this to mean that you shouldn't see how much damage you get hit for. Currently you are told the exact amount when the spell lands on you. Also dot damage is reported to the client and displayed. Both need to be disabled until the appropriate time.

wycca
03-13-2015, 12:44 PM
I remember being in PoSky with LoS pre-Kunark and I'm fairly sure I could /assist for targets across the zone. May be why they added it.

cubiczar
03-13-2015, 01:28 PM
I saw an old EQ comic that referenced someone having to literally buy stackable items 1 at a time. I decided to look through old patch notes to see when that ability was actually added and it doesn't look like it was in until after the Velious release.

I can't seem to find any patch notes that indicate when the ability to purchase a whole stack was implemented after these notes, however.

March 14, 2001 3:00 am

- Shift-clicking on a stack of items will cause you to pick up the
whole stack. This is in addition to CTRL-clicking on a stack, which
will cause you to pick up one. These both also work for coins now as
well as items.
- In addition to the above, holding down the shift key while clicking
the "Sell" button in the vendor screen will cause you to sell the
entire stack of items if a stack is selected. For example, you can sell
20 peridots by selecting the stack, and shift-clicking "Sell". I'd
recommend though that you give them to your neighborhood cleric first
though :) The ability to buy stacks is on the list for implementation
in the near future.

I've been here long enough and figured I'd do my part at least once in suggesting something that was "classic" :)

What about these then? why not put them in the list? (they are in that same patch)

Changed the size of the Weighted Axe from Tiny to Large (after all, it's a big two-handed axe...). If you have one in a bag now, be aware that it probably won't fit back into that bag again once you take it out.

No Rent Items will no longer be immediately deleted from your character inventory upon disconnection with the server. If you are disconnected from the servers, or even if you log out, your No Rent items (such as summoned food and water) will remain on your character as long as you log back to that character within 30 minutes. After thirty minutes those No Rent items will be deleted. There may be some extreme cases beyond our control (such as hardware failures) where No Rent items will not be on your character even if you log back in within the 30 minute timeframe. No reimbursement will be given for No Rent items lost in this manner.

Seriously though what is the point? Velious on a real timeline has been out now for YEARS. These patches have NOTHING to do with Velious, nobody had to deal with these shitty "features" this long, they were changed because they were terrible not because WoW was out and they were trying to compete. These patches have no relevance to the Velious expansion and should not be forced on us.

Including these things into the "classic" experience is about as valid as rolling back fish rolls because that particular exploit wasn't fixed until after Planes of Power was released. "Fish rolls were shitting up the economy for years so better fix that back in"... no, not everything that was "Classic" should be on this server and certainly things that were "Classic" (i.e. before Luclin) that have nothing to do with the Velious expansion or tuning because of it don't need to be "fixed" at this point since we are years past the original time when these fixes/features would have been added. Its like the gem component of the cultural metal spells, those gems were removed literally months after the recipes were out. Were they removed because Blue Diamonds dropped less? NO, if anything velious INCREASED the availiblity of the "rare" gems. It was because nobody was bothering to use them because the cost in gems made the stuff pretty pointless to make (just like it is here).

I'm all for a server reboot once Velious is out and then following the exact timeline, but at this point its a lost cause, the server timeline is borked there is no way to give a truly classic timeline feel. So why not scour the patch notes for things that happened after Luclin which shouldn't ever be on this server rather than looking for things that by all rights should already be implemented on this server?

Daldaen
03-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Ele that list is a Classhole's wet dream.

Makes me all tingly. I can only imagine if we could get that, some great UI fixes, removal of moving items in banked bags! Man I would be so immersed.

Ele
03-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Seriously though what is the point? Velious on a real timeline has been out now for YEARS. These patches have NOTHING to do with Velious, nobody had to deal with these shitty "features" this long, they were changed because they were terrible not because WoW was out and they were trying to compete. These patches have no relevance to the Velious expansion and should not be forced on us.

Welcome to P99, the server is basically a long beta project with content added and patched as devs can get to it in their free time. The goal is to implement classic Everquest, including the warts. The server is currently in Kunark (the 4 year anniversary coming up in less than 2 weeks). Patches implemented post-Luclin release, even if effecting classic, kunark, velious content, should not be expected to be included on P99 (i.e. gnome pal/sk and halfling pal/rng).

Including these things into the "classic" experience is about as valid as rolling back fish rolls because that particular exploit wasn't fixed until after Planes of Power was released. "Fish rolls were shitting up the economy for years so better fix that back in"... no, not everything that was "Classic" should be on this server and certainly things that were "Classic" (i.e. before Luclin) that have nothing to do with the Velious expansion or tuning because of it don't need to be "fixed" at this point since we are years past the original time when these fixes/features would have been added. Its like the gem component of the cultural metal spells, those gems were removed literally months after they recipes were out. Were they removed because Blue Diamonds dropped less? NO, if anything velious INCREASED the availiblity of the "rare" gems. It was because nobody was bothering to use them because the cost in gems made the stuff pretty pointless to make (just like it is here).

Patches, irrelevant of content, are rolled out based on the date of the server's timeline. We are currently sitting at December 3, 2000, the day before Velious. There is plenty of stuff that needs to be removed and subsequently re-implemented later on the current servers to bring it in line with the appropriate patch timeline.

Patches do not get rolled out for classic content X years, Y weeks after release. (speaking of which sky upgrades need to go!)

We removed Wu's, Druid Tracking skill points, Blue Diamond gear, among a bunch of other stuff because we aren't at that point in the timeline.

cubiczar
03-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Welcome to P99, the server is basically a long beta project with content added and patched as devs can get to it in their free time. The goal is to implement classic Everquest, including the warts. The server is currently in Kunark (the 4 year anniversary coming up in less than 2 weeks). Patches implemented post-Luclin release, even if effecting classic, kunark, velious content, should not be expected to be included on P99 (i.e. gnome pal/sk and halfling pal/rng).

Patches, irrelevant of content, are rolled out based on the date of the server's timeline. We are currently sitting at December 3, 2000, the day before Velious. There is plenty of stuff that needs to be removed and subsequently re-implemented later on the current servers to bring it in line with the appropriate patch timeline.

Patches do not get rolled out for classic content X years, Y weeks after release. (speaking of which sky upgrades need to go!)

We removed Wu's, Druid Tracking skill points, Blue Diamond gear, among a bunch of other stuff because we aren't at that point in the timeline.

First of all ele (and no offense) I wasn't talking to you, I've read enough of your posts to know that you want absolutely everything classic to the exact moment of time we are currently in (which I argue is bogus given all the shit that isn't classic and is not going to be changed). I can still disagree with you and try to talk other people out of this insane game of trying to fix things that aren't broken and will only delay Velious with no gameplay benefit other than to make people break their left mouse button trying to buy water.

Besides the server isn't like you describe, else the fish roll exploit would still be in game, we couldn't move things in our bank backpack slots, pets could dual wield 2hs weapons, summoned items would insta poof on disconnect, and many other things that were fixed post the current "point in time".

Things like this would also not happen on a server as you describe it:

Ivandyr's Hoop
This item has caused an inbalance in the raid game, and as such we have made some changes. In addition to a global resist increase to all lifetap spells, Ivandyr's Hoop has had it's rarity slightly increased, it has had it's merchant value removed (it can not be sold or recharged to merchants), and it will be disabled in Veeshan's Peak. We will evaluate if further changes need to be made.

My point is simply this, most if not all the things on your list are gameplay items in a similar vein to the multitude of other bugs/features/issues (whatever you want to call them) that are already in game, not within our timeline and are not going to be "fixed" or "unfixed" in the case of things like I mentioned above. These are not itemization issues, they are not class balance issues, they are not npc vs pc issues. They are plain and simple usability issues that are sadly walled behind the Velious patch day but have no relation to it (unlike blue diamond jewelry which was a FEATURE of Velious to go along with the new velium bars and help with resiting all the new mobs in the expansion).

I am no stranger to the way this server works, I've probably read more of these bug posts than most people that have been here longer (for instance I know the bank slot "bug" is not going to be fixed because the devs don't want to risk introducing a dupe issue), I get it. For some reason some people want everything to fit in a bogus timeline that can't be followed because the expansion that should have been out 3 years ago is still being worked on. You don't have to try to explain how it works to me, but I can still try to reason with people other than yourself (because I know better than to think you will change your mind) about not trying to pile on more "fixes" before Velious is released unless it is a serious bug or something that should have never existed pre-luclin.

Pint
03-13-2015, 03:13 PM
This thread and all its suggested fixes needs to be thrown into the sea where no one will ever find it again.

loramin
03-13-2015, 03:59 PM
but I can still try to reason with people other than yourself

No, you can't. For someone who claims to have read so much I'm surprised you haven't picked up on this yet.

This server is not a democracy, this isn't about what "people" want, and I guarantee it has absolutely nothing to do with what you (or I) want. This server is about what Rogean/Nilbog/Sirken and the rest of the team wants, and they all have been VERY clear that they want as classic of a server as possible (with exceptions for game-breaking exploits or technically impossible issues like nightvision). Everything identified in this thread as needing fixes is about achieving that goal. Their goal.

In other words, it's their world, we just play in it.

Daldaen
03-13-2015, 04:27 PM
This thread and all its suggested fixes needs to be thrown into the sea where no one will ever find it again.

I enjoy underwater zones!

So many good classic fixes in this. I love when Ele goes full Classhole in these forums.

Ele
03-13-2015, 04:48 PM
We should get special forum titles of Classhole

Wrench
03-13-2015, 05:06 PM
so, remove some things which will get added back in a few months after velious, while the staff is currently trying to launch velious?

hahahahaha, ok, gl

kaev
03-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Ele that list is a Classhole's wet dream.

Makes me all tingly. I can only imagine if we could get that, some great UI fixes, removal of moving items in banked bags! Man I would be so immersed.

Oh for crying out loud. "great UI fixes" does not mean anything even vaguely resembling what you're abusing it for there, stop fucking pretending. They're not "great" by any stretch of the imagination and they're literally the inverse of "fixes". You want that broken shit in the game, we get it, and you might even get it because that's Rogean's and Nilbog's call, but stop calling them "fixes".

Ele
03-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Oh for crying out loud. "great UI fixes" does not mean anything even vaguely resembling what you're abusing it for there, stop fucking pretending. They're not "great" by any stretch of the imagination and they're literally the inverse of "fixes". You want that broken shit in the game, we get it, and you might even get it because that's Rogean's and Nilbog's call, but stop calling them "fixes".

One man's fix is another man's nerf.

cubiczar
03-13-2015, 05:57 PM
No, you can't. For someone who claims to have read so much I'm surprised you haven't picked up on this yet.

This server is not a democracy, this isn't about what "people" want, and I guarantee it has absolutely nothing to do with what you (or I) want. This server is about what Rogean/Nilbog/Sirken and the rest of the team wants, and they all have been VERY clear that they want as classic of a server as possible (with exceptions for game-breaking exploits or technically impossible issues like nightvision). Everything identified in this thread as needing fixes is about achieving that goal. Their goal.

In other words, it's their world, we just play in it.

First of all this is a democracy... on occasion (alright not really but they do seek feedback sometimes):

Global Auction (shits not classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7803)
Boxing rules (shits classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2738)
Translocators (shits not classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139)
Serverwide Messages (shits not classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478)

Secondly I'm not asking for a vote, nor am I trying to convince the staff of anything. Reread my posts, never do I address the staff at all, in fact quite the opposite.

Thirdly this will be my last post as I want this thread to die (yet another way for me to vote).

loramin
03-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Global Auction (shits not classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7803)

Red's not classic, and deliberately so because: A) classic PvP never worked in the first place, and B) the server would have a population of five without those not-classic tweaks.

Boxing rules (shits classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2738)

Not classic at all. First off, boxing during the classic era required the use of third party programs like EQW (the EQ client couldn't run two instances at once), and they were banned. So really the only way to box legally in the classic era was to have two physical computers and two paid EQ accounts. That requirement can never be re-created here because P99 is legally prohibited from charging for accounts.

In other words, paid boxing (classic) is impossible to re-create, and free boxing wouldn't be classic. Plus you *can* box here: you just need to pay for two separate internet connections and hope the GMs don't see you. That's fairly equivalent to classic where you needed two EQ accounts instead of two connections, and you hoped that the GMs wouldn't catch you using EQW ;)

Translocators (shits not classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139)

Wow, that's ancient. And they got rid of them, perfectly classic.

Serverwide Messages (shits not classic) (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478)

Again, ancient, and again doesn't exist on P99.

Look it's very simple: the server team does their best to keep this server classic, and they don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of it. If the best examples of "democracy" or "un-classicness" you can find are more than half a decade old then or only on Red I think you've proved my point.

Secondly I'm not asking for a vote, nor am I trying to convince the staff of anything. Reread my posts, never do I address the staff at all, in fact quite the opposite.
So you don't want to convince the people who actually decide whether to implement this stuff, you just want to convince the random people whose opinion has no relevance? That makes perfect sense.

Haynar
03-13-2015, 07:25 PM
I am thinking no to shift clicks and cntrl clicks. I am thinking yes to nuking scroll zoom to 3rd person with scroll wheel on mouse. That shits classic.

H

kenzar
03-13-2015, 08:09 PM
I am thinking no to shift clicks and cntrl clicks. I am thinking yes to nuking scroll zoom to 3rd person with scroll wheel on mouse. That shits classic.

H

Strange, I suggested this 3 years ago and got no response.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87506

Treats
03-13-2015, 10:51 PM

H

There is no scroll zoom in any view, not in the Trilogy client at least

They only patched the camera to automatically rotate behind you when the mouse was released

There was also a keyboard command to move the pitch up/down

Made a modification to the chase camera mouselook code. Moving the mouse forward or back in this camera view will make the camera move up and down, and the camera also automatically pitches to keep your character in view.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html

kenzar
03-14-2015, 01:01 AM
f9 takes you out of first person. insert/delete zoom in out and page up/down pitches the viewpoint.

Haynar
03-14-2015, 02:06 AM
Strange, I suggested this 3 years ago and got no response.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87506

Because it would suck to figure out.

Catashe
03-14-2015, 09:10 AM
Because it would suck to figure out.

Now now Haynar.. If you wanted it to be easy... you wouldn't have become a developer for P99 =)

Detoxx
03-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Come home Snackies

Daldaen
03-15-2015, 05:40 PM
http://www.gucomics.com/comics/2000/gu_20001026.jpg

dali_lb
03-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Sometimes "classic" in p99 dictionary relates to chinese torture. Like many other things that were "unfixed" to make it classic, but sadly when its an advantage to players and is classic its not elegible to be fixed as pets with double 2 handers, handing 2 handers to npcs to attack slower, etc... As some others items/finds that werent supposed to be ingame, are also kept in.

The game is not classic, the classic is whatever the owners decide they want to be in the game. And we hope our finds are considered.

It goes both ways.

like emu servers bugged spell resists rate of npc's, or classic npc casters very limited money to buy all their spells that was first fixed on live long after luclin came out.

Some classic behaviours that is classified as Sony's lazyness to fix bugs is just plain being ignored by the devs, especially if it gives the player an advantage.

but you can be sure that any anoying bugs will be simulated :)

Anyone remember levitating over water in U Guk to solo kill AC with your lvl 19 druid or wizard ? Sony fixed that around 2007 and people rarely got warned for it

Or the fact that EE's in Gorge ans EK's pets is supposed to poof if you one shot the owner.

There is really many "classic" behaviours that isn't implemented because the devs just don't feel like it

Snackies
04-11-2015, 02:28 AM
http://www.gucomics.com/comics/2000/gu_20001026.jpg

That's the one that made me check the notes!

kaev
04-12-2015, 11:46 AM

You're being selective. When I first started playing here undead in LGuk still didn't flee. Did the players who knew better step up and say "hey guys, LGuk without fleeing ghouls is way the fuck easier than it was on live, we really feel you ought to make rangers useful there in groups"? Nope. Root & charm on p99 have mostly been been way more reliable than they were on live, at least during the 3-1/2 years I've been here, and 99% of the player feedback about them has been loud childish whining when the devs try to get them to behave more classic-like.

The classholes' unholy crusade against quality-of-life stuff is annoying at times, but at least they aren't operating out of pure self-interest like all the "OMG! you nerfed XYZ now my class is useless!" QQers who show up everytime the devs fix some bit of unclassic easymode.

Madbad
04-12-2015, 12:30 PM
U sick fuck

Brocode
04-14-2015, 05:47 AM
You're being selective. When I first started playing here undead in LGuk still didn't flee. Did the players who knew better step up and say "hey guys, LGuk without fleeing ghouls is way the fuck easier than it was on live, we really feel you ought to make rangers useful there in groups"? Nope. Root & charm on p99 have mostly been been way more reliable than they were on live, at least during the 3-1/2 years I've been here, and 99% of the player feedback about them has been loud childish whining when the devs try to get them to behave more classic-like.

The classholes' unholy crusade against quality-of-life stuff is annoying at times, but at least they aren't operating out of pure self-interest like all the "OMG! you nerfed XYZ now my class is useless!" QQers who show up everytime the devs fix some bit of unclassic easymode.

Just wanted to express that either its classic or not if staff dislikes, wont get in, unless its a bug/exploit that needs the fix. And fairness is all about of perspective, you will always want things to be facilitated aka the shift buying/tradeskills.

kaev
04-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Just wanted to express that either its classic or not if staff dislikes, wont get in, unless its a bug/exploit that needs the fix. And fairness is all about of perspective, you will always want things to be facilitated aka the shift buying/tradeskills.

True enough, if i'm understanding what you wrote.