PDA

View Full Version : IRL stuff :/

drelk001
03-11-2015, 05:26 AM
So, I have been having breathing problems and a lot of chest pain, went to the doctor and he had told me it was muscle-spasms due to a sedentary life style (weak muscles). I think I am going to start losing weight and trying to get stronger, maybe join a community football league, I used to play in middle school.
my current BMI is 28 (borderline obese) I weigh 190LBs
my goal for the summer is to weigh 150LBs or below.

dropping 40 pounds shouldn't be hard.
any tips?

right now I have been training my self to wake up 2 hours earlier every morning (I used to wake up at 6AM) I am waking up at 5:30 right now then in a few days 5, in a few more day 4:30 and so on.... when I wake up at 4AM every morning I plan on doing the insanity workout every morning then jog to my local grocery store and buy a bottle of muscle milk.

Cobretti
03-11-2015, 06:13 AM
im sorry but 190lbs is not borderline obese unless you are a fucking dwarf, secondly this is the worst troll ive ever seen

drelk001
03-11-2015, 06:38 AM
im not even kidding, I am like 5'9 :P

P99 forums are the like the only bros I have so I am not trolling, I just dont know what to do. And these are the words of the doc

Corvus
03-11-2015, 07:04 AM
If your 5'9 and 190lbs you're not obese..

If your doctor is following the outdated (and not designed for the average person) BMI chart then I suggest you find a new doctor.

myriverse
03-11-2015, 07:04 AM
any tips?
Eat less. Do more.
It's that simple.

drelk001
03-11-2015, 07:10 AM
http://our-mag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Standard-BMI-chart.png

drelk001
03-11-2015, 07:17 AM
maybe not borderline obese but i am over weight and I am not in shape :P
lol
anywho, I have an office job and stuff so i am sitting a bunch.

khanable
03-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Don't set the expectations ridiculously high, and make your goals realistic. Keep your friends and family involved. Encouragement and support can go a long way.

Good luck!

drelk001
03-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Don't set the expectations ridiculously high, and make your goals realistic. Keep your friends and family involved. Encouragement and support can go a long way.

Good luck!

thanks man =D
I plan on starting my workouts tomorrow morning :)
my fiancee doesnt want to work out with me because I guess it makes her feel like I am calling her fat :P shes not though

Grizzled
03-11-2015, 09:00 AM
That must be the new fat chart written by politicians. being 6' and 140 lbs is not healthy as the chart says. I question the validity of this BMI chart.

http://usarmybasic.com/army-physical-fitness/army-height-weight-standards#.VQA-K-ERR_E

go by this one instead. I have been using this since 1996, to determine if im a chunk or not.

radditsu
03-11-2015, 09:09 AM

I have no idea how i would ever get to 215 lbs. I am a little over 6`4 and I do really well at 230 to 250. I also look like a fucking rail that thin.

Orruar
03-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Your doctor is right. 5'9" and 190 is not healthy and your body is telling you that. There's no real magic to losing weight though. It's all very obvious stuff that we all kind of know. Eat healthier (cut out the fast food, have fewer desserts, eat more fish, nuts, fruits, vegetables) and exercise daily. 150 is a good target weight and totally doable.

Itap
03-11-2015, 10:09 AM
One word of advice is to start slow. So many people I know tend to do these "lose 10lbs a week" diets consisting of drinking nothing but lemon juice and eating an apple a day. Start with mild to moderate exercise (walking, light-weight resistance training) and make better choices for meals (Grilled chicken sandwich over burgers). Majority of the time when people lose weight on those "miracle" diets, they gain it all back plus some when they return to their normal diet.

Orruar
03-11-2015, 10:20 AM
One word of advice is to start slow. So many people I know tend to do these "lose 10lbs a week" diets consisting of drinking nothing but lemon juice and eating an apple a day. Start with mild to moderate exercise (walking, light-weight resistance training) and make better choices for meals (Grilled chicken sandwich over burgers). Majority of the time when people lose weight on those "miracle" diets, they gain it all back plus some when they return to their normal diet.

Good advice. Don't try and lose it all at once. Your diet and exercise should be done in a sustainable way and should end up being just part of your regular life. You can't view this process as a one time shot to get down to whatever your target weight is, and then you can go back to doing what you did before. Don't expect to lose more than about 5 lbs a month, but you'll start feeling better very shortly as your body adjusts to the new diet/activity.

Tuljin
03-11-2015, 10:24 AM
To see a little humanity on P99 forums has compelled me to contribute to this thread

You have to cut out all simple carbohydrates (sugar, white pasta/bread, etc) and dramatically reduce animal fat intake. Just exercise isn't enough.

Don't do a crazy diet like only lemon juice but definitely cut out ALL SODA AND SOFT DRINKS. If you take cream and sugar in your coffee, drink it black. Eat more fish and less red meat. If cost is an issue tuna fish is a great source of protein and the cheapest price point for fish. If you can, try to eat a nice salmon steak once or twice a week. If you like eggs, use one real egg with a yolk and fill the rest out with carton egg whites (or just do egg whites only) Also, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread.

Also, eat TONS of green veggies. Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, etcetc. My LDL (bad cholesterol) rides high for hereditary and dietary reasons but my HDL is also high (good cholesterol, from working out) Lots of greens and less fatty meat is the best way to get your body back in balance.

If you need any more advice, even exercise tips, PM me if you want, I have been seriously into diet/cooking and weight training for a long time. Good luck!

Grimjaw
03-11-2015, 10:40 AM

wtf, I am taller and weigh more than this chart.... guess I broke the bmi scale

Tuljin
03-11-2015, 10:47 AM
BMI needs to seriously be adjusted but due to the glacial pace of change when it comes to "standards" in this country its not happening any time soon.

A friend of mine who was in the military is 5'7 and 180-190 was told he had to lose weight, despite being at the top of the lists on all physical testing etc. He isn't super swoll but definitely very strong and its noticeable in his arms/chest and his waist is as small as it can get. BMI is loaded and measuring obesity or being "overweight" by one single chart is an anachronistic practice.

Grizzled
03-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Tuljin- for that situation the military will do "tape tests". even they know a guy who is 5'9 and 190 pounds isnt obese, when he has no neck from weight lifting. Sitting in a chair is different dont get me wrong. But the BMI chart provided doesnt even take into account age.

I knew guys who were fat and passed the PT tests at near max. The one guy even would smoke during the run. Charts really dont mean squat, well they never used to. Not going into politics, but they matter now.

FoxxHound
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Fuckin hell. I need to go on a diet too breh.

Belzambar
03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
having done the insanity workouts they are not really recommended as a first timer
I would start off with looking at your diet setting yourself a goal of 2000 or less calories a day and light cardio eg running or x trainer for the first month maybe 15 to 30 minute sessions each day
That will improve your base fitness and stamina level to then try something like Insanity
If you have breathing problems the Fit test on Insanity will kill you

The best way to look at this is a lifestyle change not a fad diet or super workout your body will work best if you are careful about what you put in it and how you exercise it and surprisingly if you eat healthy and do moderate exercise your weight will drop easily and you will feel much more healthier

I have changed my lifer around in the last 2 years and shed a lot of weight so if you want any advise pm me

FoxxHound
03-11-2015, 12:03 PM
having done the insanity workouts they are not really recommended as a first timer
I would start off with looking at your diet setting yourself a goal of 2000 or less calories a day and light cardio eg running or x trainer for the first month maybe 15 to 30 minute sessions each day
That will improve your base fitness and stamina level to then try something like Insanity
If you have breathing problems the Fit test on Insanity will kill you

The best way to look at this is a lifestyle change not a fad diet or super workout your body will work best if you are careful about what you put in it and how you exercise it and surprisingly if you eat healthy and do moderate exercise your weight will drop easily and you will feel much more healthier

I have changed my lifer around in the last 2 years and shed a lot of weight so if you want any advise pm me

Is Insanity harder than P90x? I did that for about a week and a half. I did alright; semi kicked my ass.

drelk001
03-11-2015, 02:51 PM
lol, so I guess we all need to go on a diet :P

Halius
03-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Well I definitely do, I'm in the 205 range currently and only 5'11" so I'm close to obese as well according to this. The only thing I don't like about these charts is they don't consider muscle mass. I mean the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn doing nothing because it takes more for your body to maintain muscle than fat.

A few years ago when I was running Triathlons and lifting, I was at 185, but in the best shape of my life and actually had visible muscles. According to this chart however I was still overweight. Anyways, just don't forget to take into consideration any muscle gains you will have, don't make yourself look like a twig trying to hit that goal weight =)

Millburn
03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
One of the big pieces of advise I had when I was losing weight was to not announce things ahead of time. For example if you're setting a goal for at the end of the week you want to lose 5 pounds don't post that to facebook. Instead wait until you get results at the end of the week and then post the actual results. It may seem like a tiny and trivial distinction but it really changed my entire motivation and kept me exercising.

drelk001
03-11-2015, 03:45 PM
One of the big pieces of advise I had when I was losing weight was to not announce things ahead of time. For example if you're setting a goal for at the end of the week you want to lose 5 pounds don't post that to facebook. Instead wait until you get results at the end of the week and then post the actual results. It may seem like a tiny and trivial distinction but it really changed my entire motivation and kept me exercising.
good thinking, but if I set a goal, then I will fear failure :P

so, my goal by summer is lose 50 pounds but I am going to go for maybe 2 or 3 pounds a week

Millburn
03-11-2015, 03:51 PM
It's not that you shouldn't set goals, I did it. I had this big white board on the wall of my exercise room and I would post in big giant letters my goal that week. The point is is that by announcing to your friends and family your goals you're already receiving praise and appreciation. Which, let's all be honest is great so I'm not saying that's bad but what I'm trying to get across is that you only want to reward yourself for actual results, not perceived results. Once you do that enough times you kind of condition yourself to work extra hard to post higher and higher results each time period you set.

Skydash
03-11-2015, 04:28 PM
https://www.bulletproofexec.com Has the best advice...

But I'd recommend a Vegan diet, vegetarian at the very least.
Get more Omega 3's but not from fish, try Hemp seeds/chia/flax.
Cut out Canola oil also.

Also, I'm not a doctor.

katrik
03-11-2015, 06:29 PM
I am healthy!

Yay.

Bardalicious
03-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Drink lots of water.

No soda.

No fast food / fried food.

Walk / jog on a daily basis, increasing the duration and intensity a little bit every week or every few days.

Also: yoga and stretching in general.

Would also strongly encourage you to cut caffeine out of your diet if you're highly dependant upon it, but I don't recommend it while you are transitioning your diet and introducing more exercise into your life, as you'll already feel quite tired throughout the day starting out without adding caffeine withdrawal onto it.

Big_Japan
03-11-2015, 07:57 PM
honestly don't even understand how ppl get fat/ugly in the first place if they abstain from all plebeian forms of beverage and stick to nonalcoholic water like a real human adult.

Itap
03-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Caffeine can play a pivotal role in weight loss, why would you cut it out? Unless you are consuming more than 500mg per day, there is no need. Caffeine studies have proven increased performance (when it comes to cardio/resistance training) and increased metabolism.

Grizzled
03-11-2015, 10:37 PM
natural caffeine is fine. Coffee and tea. The rest contains high doses of sugar, which the body converts to fat( soda, energy drinks etc).

Dillian
03-11-2015, 10:44 PM
im not even kidding, I am like 5'9 :P

P99 forums are the like the only bros I have so I am not trolling, I just dont know what to do. And these are the words of the doc
Im 5'9 and 170 and no where near obese. Also if we are the only bros you have you lead a very sheltered life. lol

FoxxHound
03-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I am not obese at all. I am just starting to get a little unwanted muffin~

Feanol
03-11-2015, 11:13 PM
I hit 161 LBs today. Am I fat?

drelk001
03-12-2015, 05:17 AM
Im 5'9 and 170 and no where near obese. Also if we are the only bros you have you lead a very sheltered life. lol

ROFL, I am a liberal democrat living in a little farm town, engaged and a "nerd" lol i dont have any IRL friends, except maybe co workers but they are as big, if not bigger than me lol I do have one buddy, but he is an old jocky and he is a juice box and calls me fat all the time lol

drelk001
03-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Drink lots of water.

No soda.

No fast food / fried food.

Walk / jog on a daily basis, increasing the duration and intensity a little bit every week or every few days.

Also: yoga and stretching in general.

Would also strongly encourage you to cut caffeine out of your diet if you're highly dependant upon it, but I don't recommend it while you are transitioning your diet and introducing more exercise into your life, as you'll already feel quite tired throughout the day starting out without adding caffeine withdrawal onto it.

about 5 years ago I started to drink mountain dew like it was water, I have been slowing down after I had started gaining a bunch of weight, I guess I am happy I stopped.... now I drink water, Gatorade, vitamin water. I understand no fried food, but if I wasn't allowed to eat pizza, I would rather take a bullet :P I walk to work everyday too :P I thought about this last night.... If I ever get into a new RPG or keep playing P99 and if it has a leveling system, every time I ding, ill do the amount of push-ups, squats and crunches for the level i just dinged (ding:37.... 37 push-ups, 37 squats ect...ect...)

Danger
03-12-2015, 09:08 AM
stop drinking gatoraid and vitamin water. eliminate all drinks from your diet except water.

eat lots of green vegetables and lean protein, eliminate bread, potato, and other simple carbohydrate / starches. Not necessarily an atkins/keto diet, but closer to paleo.

walk for at least one hour a day, walk 30 out, 30 back. EVERY. DAY.

go buy a work out magazine, pick a full body work out routine from it (it really doesn't matter which or what) and stick to it in the gym. Go light, don't ego lift. Let your body get used to it.

you'll lose weight.

don't worry about when you should train, train whenever is most conducive for you to stay consistent with it. Consistency is key. Don't worry about supplements.

give yourself 1 cheat meal per week, "Fat Man Friday", don't let it turn into a cheat day or cheat week though.

Weigh yourself in the morning every Friday after you take your morning piss, and naked. Designate someone to tell how much you weighed in at, like your gf. You need accountability and someone to be held accountable to. You'd be amazed how much this helps people stay on track.

**went from 284 gross mode, to 177 noodle arm mode, to 190 monster mode over a period of 3-4 years. own zero aons, zero cof.**

Cymeon
03-12-2015, 09:16 AM
I am not obese at all. I am just starting to get a little unwanted muffin~

pics plz

FoxxHound
03-12-2015, 09:44 AM
pics plz

I'm a gay black man. You want dick pics or what?

Cymeon
03-12-2015, 10:38 AM
pics plz

drelk001
03-12-2015, 09:13 PM
stop drinking gatoraid and vitamin water. eliminate all drinks from your diet except water.

eat lots of green vegetables and lean protein, eliminate bread, potato, and other simple carbohydrate / starches. Not necessarily an atkins/keto diet, but closer to paleo.

walk for at least one hour a day, walk 30 out, 30 back. EVERY. DAY.

go buy a work out magazine, pick a full body work out routine from it (it really doesn't matter which or what) and stick to it in the gym. Go light, don't ego lift. Let your body get used to it.

you'll lose weight.

don't worry about when you should train, train whenever is most conducive for you to stay consistent with it. Consistency is key. Don't worry about supplements.

give yourself 1 cheat meal per week, "Fat Man Friday", don't let it turn into a cheat day or cheat week though.

Weigh yourself in the morning every Friday after you take your morning piss, and naked. Designate someone to tell how much you weighed in at, like your gf. You need accountability and someone to be held accountable to. You'd be amazed how much this helps people stay on track.

**went from 284 gross mode, to 177 noodle arm mode, to 190 monster mode over a period of 3-4 years. own zero aons, zero cof.**

so I will make fridays cheat day... and I am wanting to get into the same shape I was back in highschool/middleschool... also maybe join a community football league =D that would be fun :P

drelk001
03-15-2015, 06:47 PM
dropped 5 pounds this week... woot, woot

drelk001
03-15-2015, 07:30 PM
I ejaculated in/on a female 12 times this weekend

thats how I lost 5 pounds :P

perditionparty
03-20-2015, 05:40 PM
This is an excellent guide for a beginner wanting to eat clean and workout.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Kraftwerk
03-20-2015, 10:09 PM
If you're serious about weight loss :

http://examine.com/supplements/2,4-Dinitrophenol/

Oooruk
03-21-2015, 04:24 AM
so I will make fridays cheat day... and I am wanting to get into the same shape I was back in highschool/middleschool... also maybe join a community football league =D that would be fun :P

Eat a whole foods, plant based diet. Avoid meat, dairy and all refined foods. Do some moderate exercise and you shred the pounds and feel like a million dollars.

DrunkGrunt11b
03-21-2015, 05:14 AM
How old are you ? 5'9 190 isn't border line shit at any age. The reason i ask age is because if you are under 30 and have any resemblance of a decent metabolism you can eat what ever the fuck you want. As far as working out go run to get your heart rate up(google a chart) when you get you heart rate up start lifting, push ups, sit ups or any type of exercising an that keeps your heart rate up to burn fat. Here's a tip though you don;t want to eat before you run . If you eat , all you;re doing is burning off what you just ate. Now after you you ran grab a cliff bar or some other snack and eat that . What that will do is give you energy.

im no pro personal trainer or anything , im just some guy that did 12 years in the army infantry and went from 190 at 18 down to 150 just cause i wanted to cut weight. Once i got down to that weight and was hooked on working out i went back to 190 but it was all muscle and i never once dieted.

I don;t wont to blow off dieting though because some people have to and some people don;t it all depends on genetics. From my experience though 90% of people can drop weight with out eating healthy.

P.S. Im drunk right now so sorry about grammar and all that shit.

DrunkGrunt11b
03-21-2015, 05:28 AM
That must be the new fat chart written by politicians. being 6' and 140 lbs is not healthy as the chart says. I question the validity of this BMI chart.

http://usarmybasic.com/army-physical-fitness/army-height-weight-standards#.VQA-K-ERR_E

go by this one instead. I have been using this since 1996, to determine if im a chunk or not.

Don't go off military BMI'S they are shit. According to them my saw gunner in iraq that was 5'10 benched 300+, squatted what ever stupid amount was overweight. If you really want to find your BMI go find a place that does it with electricity(don;t remember the name) or a buoyancy test.

Leddy
03-22-2015, 09:32 AM
thanks man =D
my fiancee doesnt want to work out with me because I guess it makes her feel like I am calling her fat :P shes not though

You need to explain to her it is not about being "fat" it's about being healthy. No being active, is extremely unhealthy and terrible for your body. It sounds like she is making an excuse because she is LAZY. It's your turn to help her before things spiral out of control.

My advice? Pick a workout plan, and stick to it. Don't fucking deviate.

Be strong.

www.reddit.com/r/fitness has a lot of great advice and inspiration, check out the FAQ on the side, there are a number of great plans.

pink grapefruit
03-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Eliminate grains and anything processed. Eat whole, organic foods. Free weights, HIIT.

Just completely avoid the aisles in the grocery stores. All the real food is alone the outside. Fresh produce, eggs, meat, dairy if it works for you.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/