PDA

View Full Version : nooby

Cranberwhey
03-10-2015, 07:49 PM
hi im a noob and im planning on making a magician

can anyone give me any tips?

curtischoy
03-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Fire pet has the lowest hp of the pets and will cast a high point damage shield on himself and he procs a fire dd during combat.
Air pet has the next amount of hp and has good avoidance. He will proc a dd/stun during combat.
Water pet has the next amount of hp and will proc a cold based dd during combat.
Earth pet has the most hp (far more than the fire pet) and he will proc root during combat.

Fire pet at early levels is very powerful. The damage shield he will cast on himself is high dmg at low levels and it will eat mobs. Just summon your pet and wait a sec for him to cast it.

Your pets at early levels will make you feel like a god. But they do not rise in power at the rate mobs do, so they get weaker and weaker by comparison as you level.

If your pet does 51% or more of the damage on a mob it will eat half of the exp. So try and out damage your pet for the full exp. I don't remember how damage shields come in to play here.

There are four pet focus items, one for each type of pet that are super useful and make your pet stronger until lvl 49.

The wiki is your friend.

bulbousaur
03-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Damage shields are unattributed damage - they aren't included in the 51% criteria.

Cranberwhey
03-12-2015, 01:28 PM
i bought the fire pet, didnt know about the 51% damage, im using a staff atm if i dont always use magic will it be a problem while im low level for me to get the full xp since my pet has a decent starting power level for me to get the full xp?

also are there any other must have spells PREFERABLY CHEAP cuz fuck man that pet and my new nuke were expensive

curtischoy
03-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Pretty much all spells cost the same for each level. They will vary a little but, but not by much. Spell money is really important so you should spend almost all of your cash on that, not on gear. Gear is not super important for casters, especially low level.

I doubt that you will out dps your pet just by attacking, use those nukes!

What level/race are you? There are great exp quests that you can do. if you are good race, both in the dwarf city Kaladim. You can turn in bone chips at the paladin guild, great until about lvl 6. and you can turn in crushbone belts and pads. belts are good until about 12 and pads maybe till about 14. Also, if you decide that you need some cash for spells more than exp at the moment, you can sell them to other people for 3pp/belt and 4 or 5pp/pad.

Cranberwhey
03-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Pretty much all spells cost the same for each level. They will vary a little but, but not by much. Spell money is really important so you should spend almost all of your cash on that, not on gear. Gear is not super important for casters, especially low level.

I doubt that you will out dps your pet just by attacking, use those nukes!

What level/race are you? There are great exp quests that you can do. if you are good race, both in the dwarf city Kaladim. You can turn in bone chips at the paladin guild, great until about lvl 6. and you can turn in crushbone belts and pads. belts are good until about 12 and pads maybe till about 14. Also, if you decide that you need some cash for spells more than exp at the moment, you can sell them to other people for 3pp/belt and 4 or 5pp/pad.

im a lvl 4 high elf

Velerin
03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
At low levels just find things your pet can solo and don't worry about losing 50% exp, you'll kill about twice as fast as you nuking trying to do 51%+ damage, plus you'll always have mana for unexpected adds etc. Sometimes at low levels in EC I'd just sick pet on blue mob and go run do my vendoring at the inn and come back and get the exp.

Also, best bet at this level is to duo with another mage then no exp penalty and kill even faster.

Pep
03-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Here's some great reading material:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

Ishbu
03-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Mage main since 2000 here. What everyone else said is great info. I will add that as a fresh non twinked character, you will find that taking half xp letting the pet do half or more of the dmg is still faster xp/hour soloing than burning mana a lot of the time. Dont be afraid to try it out. Many times you can chain pull even while solo.

Cranberwhey
03-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Here's some great reading material:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

thanks ive been reading thru all that lol, great resource

guess im buying a water pet at 8

btw i bought gate, since im a high elf my bind point is in faydark outside felwithe

how can i change that? thanks

curtischoy
03-13-2015, 12:21 PM
btw i bought gate, since im a high elf my bind point is in faydark outside felwithe

how can i change that? thanks

you just need to buy the spell "Bind Affinity" at lvl 12 and you cast it on yourself wherever you want to. Then that is your new bind spot and that is where gate will take you. Usually try to bind near some guards at low level. Or always : )