PDA

View Full Version : Quick question from a few returning players.

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Hey all , my brother and my best friend recently convinced me to come back to EQ (many fond memories) and we all live in the same house. Does anyone know how long it takes them to verify info to get the IP block thingy taken off?

Appreciate any info you guys can give! Look forward to playing my all time fav game during my all time fav period!

Thanks again!
Turoc lvl 2 Ogre Shaman

foldupmonk
03-10-2015, 01:33 PM
It depends, first time I applied for one it was denied about 2 weeks into it due to lack of information. Second time, with all the correct info and I had it set up in about 4 hours.

Just all depends

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
I typo'd my account name, but fixed it 20 sec later. Everything else looks good.

I appreciate the info!

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I just noticed my posts topic line was edited and(Eunomia) was added. I think someone took a look.

azeth
03-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Note do not ever bump your post in the petition queue. GMs work from the past up, so bumping in facts increases the time it takes to handle your query.

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks Azeth I was unaware.

azeth
03-10-2015, 02:02 PM
i unfortunately increased the wait time on my query by about 2-3 months due to bumping.

Ezalor
03-10-2015, 02:04 PM
there is a big STICKY in the petition forum answering this exact question

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Maybe I don't have access but I don't see anything in the petition forum referring to timelines. I see resolved petitions above and my post below and that's it. I just got back into the loop so maybe it's me doing something wrong.

Either way appreciate the replys =)

Swish
03-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Hey all.. (me), my brother and my best friend...all live in the same house.

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/03/10/Untitled67d2c.png

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 03:25 PM
your confusion confuses me Swish ;P

perditionparty
03-10-2015, 03:27 PM
http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/03/10/Untitled67d2c.png

clearly siblings have only ever lived together or not at all (I mean, a third roommate non-relative sounds absolutely ridiculous, I mean, what are these guys, poor? so poor that they have to share the rent and bills by a third instead of just paying rent, phone, food, electric, gas and internet by themselves? poor people are disgusting)

this is clearly just someone trying to 3 box it.

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 03:46 PM
We rent a house together. We live in New Jersey and in a nicer area so it's not cheap. I can't tell if your trolling or if your serious but by all means come up with a way to verify we are all individuals and we will. Poor? lol weak troll.

This cant be the first time people in the same household have wanted to play together on P99 so I'm sure the GM's/Staff have their ways to verify, I'll just wait patiently and see what they need =)

Not all of us live alone in trailers parks with no bills perditionparty (see i can troll too <3 )

Anyways thanks to those who have taken time to make helpful posts.

perditionparty
03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
live alone in trailers parks with no bills

whether it's a lack of ambition or too many episodes of Trailer Park Boys, this is my secret wish.

BashidoBlade
03-10-2015, 04:29 PM
whether it's a lack of ambition or too many episodes of Trailer Park Boys, this is my secret wish.

Save me a room =D we can make a BBQ out of the rear end of an old ford, keep it classy.

perditionparty
03-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Save me a room =D we can make a BBQ out of the rear end of an old ford, keep it classy.

would be down to get drunk, high and eat chicken fingers.

Lisset
03-11-2015, 03:06 AM
Just bear in mind, if you get caught 2-boxing EVEN ONCE, they will ban both or all of you. And don't even think that they won't find out. They will and all your work on your toon will be gone.

Monty405
03-11-2015, 08:34 AM
I agree whole hardheartedly with the anti-boxing policy and would not play elsewhere. However I am worried about being suspected of boxing if I apply for an IP exception as I plan to introduce my wife to this game.

Are suspects given an ability to prove themselves innocent through some means? I just don't want to try to log in to my own account one day and find out that I had been banned.

I will probably apply for one anyways, since it would be another fun activity we can sometimes do together.

falkun
03-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Yes, the GMs have some pretty ingenious tests for verifying there is a single person on a single account. From what I've seen GMs state on the boards before, you may not even know they are observing the two (or more) of you.