PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Illusion and Unique Faction Opportunities?

Squire
03-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Greetings all! Having recently returned to P99 after a long hiatus I've decided to roll a new, evil character. While combing through the priest sub-forum and using the search function to determine the best race/class/deity combo for me and battling through several "what is the best race" threads, I found an interesting tidbit of information within the Symbol of Innorruk quest line. The Skinned Halfling Mask.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Skinned_Halfling_Face_Mask

The quest is allegedly repeatable, providing evil Clerics and Shamans with single dose halfling illusion clickies, which while might be a fun novelty, presents some interesting opportunities for raising faction and completing quests that one might not otherwise be able to do without puppet strings, other illusions, the help of an enchanter, etc.

My questions to the community are as follows

1. What noteworthy factions would you (as a troll shaman, or dark elf cleric) be most advantageous utilizing the halfling illusion?

2. what quests would it allow one to accomplish.. the halfling raider WC port skullcap, testament of vaner, and Soulfire come to mind, anything else?

3. While clearly a non-innoruuk worshiping preist cannot use the innoruuk symbol, Could a Cazic thule worshiper do enough of the quest to obtain this mask?

4. Is this actually repeatable on p99?

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions and discussion!

khanable
03-07-2015, 07:54 PM
did this twice on my cleric, iirc the duration of the effect is pretty short

it's easy to do, just kill the halfling dildo in nek and give his head to the guy in neriak, done.

as far as faction boosts for quests - I can't really think of any that are worthwhile..

SCB
03-08-2015, 01:27 AM
Troll shaman would be better than DE cleric iirc, because DE clerics worship Inny, and the religion adjust will likely keep you kos even in halfling form.

Edit: Unless the shammy has to worship Inny too. Not sure on that at all.

Swish
03-08-2015, 07:12 AM
The question is, can a Cazic Thule worshiping shammie get the quest line in the DE cleric guild? I know iksar CT worshipers aren't welcome (without skellie illusion at least).

Either/or... outside of the snare clickie necklace (which only lasts 6 ticks and has a long ass cast time) and the occasional illusion mask there's not much in it in shaman terms for deity.

Definitely repeatable if you're set on it...maybe an idea to farm up some woven grass amulets for 2-3 masks and bank 2/3 of them for later :p

Ravager
03-08-2015, 08:56 AM
It casts as a level 1 illusion spell so the duration is only 3 minutes. It has to be equipped to be cast. So far everywhere I tried to use the mask on my DE cleric I was still KOS to things I started out KOS as, so I think most good races hate Innoruuk more than they like halflings.

I tried to use it in Rivervale, still KOS.

I tried to use it in Qeynos for the Lashun gold faction quest, still KOS.

As far as a Cazic shaman getting the mask, I don't have an answer for that, but the guy you do the hand in for the mask is in the dark elf caster guild building, so you might have to do some faction work to deal with him.

Varren
03-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Glad youre comin back, squire. To red i presume?

Squire
03-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Of course red, going cleric this time around. And thanks to everyone for your input.

Any input on the cazic Thule symbols?

Sinder
03-08-2015, 05:43 PM
if your just looking for faction could collect a whole bunch of runny eye war beads and hand them in to sheriff roglio or whatever. its part of the squad ring quest i think? but like previously stated, the God of hate worshiper thing might moot this

iruinedyourday
03-08-2015, 11:27 PM
wait you can turn into a halfling, as a troll shaman?

I think we just settled the, who is the best shaman race argument..

Stonze
03-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Druid Wolf form and Bandages for Joogl Honeybugger.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandages_for_Honeybugger

Kekephee
03-08-2015, 11:41 PM
If you're interested in raising your halfling faction, kill a shitload of runnyeye goblins for faction with the warrior guild so you can do runnyeye warbeads quest. Also I think there's a muffin quest. Those three things should square you with the halflings

Lowlife
03-09-2015, 01:50 AM
wait you can turn into a halfling, as a troll shaman?

I think we just settled the, who is the best shaman race argument..

It only lasts 3 minutes apparently /shurg

samus
03-09-2015, 02:34 AM
I did this on live with my Inny troll shaman and turned in deathfist belts until I was non-kos to the freeport guards as a troll, so I can confirm it does have its uses, assuming everything is the same on this server.

iruinedyourday
03-09-2015, 03:36 AM
It only lasts 3 minutes apparently /shurg

worth the title!! lmao

Velerin
03-09-2015, 12:50 PM
On my inny troll shaman the illusion buffed my FV faction from scowls to dubious. It was the first time I realized it was only 3 minutes so will have to try again to see if I can turn in canines for the FV quest.

Grizzled
03-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Most of the halfling quests lower you dark elf factions,
1) kill goblins till your eyes bleed for warrior guild faction
2) do runneye bead quests
3) for the rest of the town bandages will lower dark side fp factions and merchants in FP as well as neriak factions if i remember correctly. This will need balanced with the red wine turn neriak) in as well as killing orcs in highpass(raise east/west guards and merchants/ scalp quest).
4) My iksar sk was indiff or better with rivervale except for the clerics guild. That one uses pelts and stuff. I took a few deaths to get some turn in FD. An inventory full did not even budge me out of KOS. The clerics guild faction not worth it till pelts stackable.

SK was iksar and cazic diety btw.

Lowlife
03-09-2015, 01:49 PM
idk im interested in this topic too, just seems like its not worth it imho. I can't think of a faction you couldnt raise in other ways with this, nor can I think of a leet quest that's be worth while to do with the mask.

Grizzled
03-09-2015, 01:56 PM
that was the problem with everquest. The faction system is a great system, just underutilized. A good example of utilizing it is the faction flopping done in velious. Kill dain for loot grind shawl 1 and 2 to get faction back up.

If the devs ever get to making there own expansion in place of luclin,I hope they utilize the faction system to make faction flopping all over norrath a must. Sort of an expansion within the game that exists already.

Maniack
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Squire bro its Jason whats your new chars name ?