PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to duo/trio with a 22 epic rogue

Arclyte
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Mistmoore is gay. I'll be online or checking this thread today and tomorrow, IGN is Kessler :)

Loftus
03-05-2015, 10:01 PM
You are the epitome of what's wrong with this server.

Doil_Boil
03-05-2015, 10:19 PM

But his point about mistmoore is intriguing.

Pheer
03-05-2015, 10:24 PM
acquire fungi, solo to 47

Arclyte
03-06-2015, 12:10 AM

yes, being lfg is truly cancerous

But his point about mistmoore is intriguing.

No one respects the pond group camp, and it ends up being a huge waste of time

Loftus
03-06-2015, 01:51 AM
It's not that you're LFG.

It's that you're level 22 with an epic compounded by the fact that you don't see what's wrong with that picture.

This is fundamentally why the server is now broken.

indiscriminate_hater
03-06-2015, 02:14 AM

It's that you're level 22 with an epic compounded by the fact that you don't see what's wrong with that picture.

there's nothing wrong with a level 22 having an epic, and the server's not broken. we DO have a problem with whiny, jealous, entitled players, but they tend to be non-factors in the long run

Arclyte
03-06-2015, 02:20 AM

im sure killing the dark elf vampires with assless chaps in 30 seconds instead of 40 is really hurting your immersion

I think MQs should be completely disabled, but they're not, so I have one

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/923/829/cf6.gif

for maximum rustle: I had it at lvl 1 8)

Koota
03-06-2015, 05:40 AM

http://blog.smartbear.com/wp-content/uploads/imports/salt.jpg

Mentathiel
03-06-2015, 06:11 AM
The opening post had three strong indicators of douche-baggery; 1) epic at 22 as though this was some badge of honour, 2) 'gay' like some 12-year old from the 1990s, 3) the 'back later to receive your tribute' tone of the message.

We don't like you... You are not our kind of people...

Having an epic at 22 is not even an issue, defining yourself by it is a major issue. Saying 'epic rogue' suggests that you are unskilled, probably either power-levelled or used bought quest items to get up that high. So the question is, do we want to play with someone who doesn't know how to play their class, has three points in skills like hide and backstab, will question our sexuality if we don't like up to his twinked standards and generally seems to believe that the universe owes him something.

Doil_Boil
03-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Such judgement based on a couple sentences.

Mentathiel
03-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Such judgement based on a couple sentences.
It's amazing how easy it is to read certain people. Every word and action tells you what you need to know.

Doil_Boil
03-06-2015, 07:02 AM
It's amazing how easy it is to read certain people. Every word and action tells you what you need to know.

I wish I had your insight.

Mentathiel
03-06-2015, 07:33 AM
I wish I had your insight.
Hey, I showed my workings-out and everything.

I don't expect anyone else to agree with me, but I was offended and upset by the OP. Maybe you think my response was too strong, but his words rubbed me up the wrong way...

Arclyte
03-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Ragebringer indeed

Look at this loser try and psycho-analyze my LFG thread LOL. It's funny how insecure people get when they see you've got better 15 year old pixels than them.

How about you stop shitting up my thread and go play soccer or export some more terrorists or whatever it is you beta male 'subjects' do over there

myke66
03-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Ragebringer indeed

Look at this loser try and psycho-analyze my LFG thread LOL. It's funny how insecure people get when they see you've got better 15 year old pixels than them.

How about you stop shitting up my thread and go play soccer or export some more terrorists or whatever it is you beta male 'subjects' do over there

wow...

:confused:

curtischoy
03-06-2015, 02:14 PM
So the question is, do we want to play with someone who doesn't know how to play their class

He's a rogue...autoattack + bs. job done.

But seriously, good post : )

Arclyte, it clearly does not matter if you have epic or not. The only posts have been about how you are or are not a douche. Just post another LFG thread literally word for word but without the "epic" part in it and you will get legitimate answers and people that want to group.

If you think that having epic doesn't really matter that much, 30 vs 40 seconds, then why did you put it in the topic?

Kileras
03-06-2015, 02:20 PM
He's a rogue...autoattack + bs. job done.

But seriously, good post : )

Arclyte, it clearly does not matter if you have epic or not. The only posts have been about how you are or are not a douche. Just post another LFG thread literally word for word but without the "epic" part in it and you will get legitimate answers and people that want to group.

If you think that having epic doesn't really matter that much, 30 vs 40 seconds, then why did you put it in the topic?

i don't care about the epic but using the word gay in a derogatory manner in a public forum allows me to decide i don't want to group with him.

Arclyte
03-06-2015, 02:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/ArclytePS/rage_zpsfmnjbsey.png

Arclyte
03-06-2015, 02:45 PM
i don't care about the epic but using the word gay in a derogatory manner in a public forum allows me to decide i don't want to group with him.

this guy is as queer as a $4 bill

what a homo

Tiggles
03-06-2015, 02:46 PM
The opening post had three strong indicators of douche-baggery; 1) epic at 22 as though this was some badge of honour, 2) 'gay' like some 12-year old from the 1990s, 3) the 'back later to receive your tribute' tone of the message.

Having an epic at 22 is not even an issue, defining yourself by it is a major issue. Saying 'epic rogue' suggests that you are unskilled, probably either power-levelled or used bought quest items to get up that high. So the question is, do we want to play with someone who doesn't know how to play their class, has three points in skills like hide and backstab, will question our sexuality if we don't like up to his twinked standards and generally seems to believe that the universe owes him something.

other way around. We actually like people who show initiative and try to better themselves by getting gear and making their own groups. Saying he doesn't know how to play his class because he has an epic is laughable. What we don't like is preachy casual trash like yourself who try and put down people due to gear envy but at the same time make a magelo page for their level nine cleric.

Future Taken member.
Get a life scum.

Safon
03-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Have to agree that including the epic in your post puts a bad taste in one's mouth, I'd also take issue with the use of the word gay, but this is the internet and I feel like that is not choosing your battles very wisely

Safon
03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
other way around. We actually like people who show initiative and try to better themselves by getting gear and making their own groups. Saying he doesn't know how to play his class because he has an epic is laughable. What we don't like is preachy casual trash like yourself who try and put down people due to gear envy but at the same time make a magelo page for their level nine cleric.

Future Taken member.
Get a life scum.

One more thing, could you do the world a favor and kill yourself?

That would be great, thanks

Tiggles
03-06-2015, 03:51 PM
I'd also take issue with the use of the word gay

kill yourself?

Womp Womp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance)

Kileras
03-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Have to agree that including the epic in your post puts a bad taste in one's mouth, I'd also take issue with the use of the word gay, but this is the internet and I feel like that is not choosing your battles very wisely

someone has to hold the floor against that type of language/behavior in our culture... you just end up getting flamed like i did but oh well... you would think on a 15 year old game focused around classic nostalgia i wouldn't have to feel like i am playing with a bunch of people who ignore the side effects of it in our communities.

maskedmelon
03-06-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm hear for the language debate!

But first, OP is a douche, but not because he has an epic, that is kinda an odd call :/ I think his behavior alone earns him that title and don't really understand what the epic has to do with it :/ I am confused T.T

On the whole alpha/beta deal, you truly do not understand dominance. True dominance does not require substantiation and aggression is a demonstration of weakness because you lack power to elicit the response you desire otherwise. Food for thought.

Onto the language debate!

Gay does not mean undesirable as used by the OP. It is a retaliatory perversion of language in defiance of an existing perversion

It is no better (or worse) than use of the term 'gay' to mean homosexual, or the term 'bitch' to refer to women, 'bum' to refer to impoverished, or 'progressive' to refer to communist. If we are to accept that gay is homosexual under the pretense that it is the desire of a specific subsection of our culture, then we must also acknowledge that communism is progressivism, the poor are bums and women are bitches. I am opposed to each of those because they are all biased with the intent to alter others' perception of the subjects.

Let's all stop perverting language to propagate our own ideals.

MaksimMazor
03-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Someone needs to go to Jelly School

Arclyte
03-06-2015, 04:04 PM
jesus christ

I just wanted a group, and you disgusting autists shit up my thread

go take a shower

koros
03-06-2015, 04:06 PM
He posted it because it's a point of enticement for wanting to group with him. Why is that hard to grasp?

maskedmelon
03-06-2015, 04:13 PM
He posted it because it's a point of enticement for wanting to group with him. Why is that hard to grasp?

I agree, it is a differentiator. Saying he shouldn't post is like saying people shouldn't include the make/model of their car when selling it, because it appears they are flaunting their wealth....

Car 50k
Car 50k

Which do you choose?

Safon
03-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Personally I feel choosing group members based on gear is pretty awful, I'd much rather have people use their class and level when lfg to avoid having newer players not get an equal chance at getting groups

azeth
03-06-2015, 04:52 PM
pug groups with randoms are a fun part of the progression to 60.

stop min maxing in mistmoore, make friends.

Liav
03-06-2015, 05:31 PM
If I had 30k I'd MQ an epic for my Rogue as well. I'd wager that 99% of the server would MQ an epic for a Rogue if they had the $$ and felt like playing one. So much butthurt.

Mentathiel
03-06-2015, 05:40 PM
If I had 30k I'd MQ an epic for my Rogue as well. I'd wager that 99% of the server would MQ an epic for a Rogue if they had the $$ and felt like playing one. So much butthurt.
Even I'll admit that I envy the kid his epic a little, even if I am not sure I'd pay to MQ my Ragebringer, but there's something about the OP which screams dick.

Yeah, that would be it...

Tenlaar
03-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Using gay in a derogatory manner is childish.

Getting upset because somebody said "epic rogue" is too. If I'm going to set up a time to duo with somebody I'd like to know whether they are bringing a character with 800p in gear or 75k in gear because it will help me know ahead of time what kind of things we can tackle.

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/themoreyouknow.gif

cyrusdark
03-06-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm down to group. I'll find you in-game. We run a Cleric/Enchanter combo in the low to mid 20's. No hate here, I'm always looking to get a decent group going when possible and melee DPS is the hardest thing for me to find.

DOPE
03-07-2015, 06:06 AM

lol @ "our kind of people"

Who are you randy?

Byel
03-07-2015, 10:18 AM
1) Why does anyone care he has a epic? They are cheap as fuck and I can't remember the last rogue I saw who didn't have it.

2) If you have a issue w his post, stop bumping it and getting him more notice?

3) Pond is pond, not pond plus entire zone until GY.

Arclyte
03-07-2015, 02:55 PM
No dude, pond is pond + valley. Who in their right mind would form a group to kill like 8 spawns?

Eliseus
03-07-2015, 05:47 PM

I agree, like your entire first post in this thread defines the "douche-baggery" that you low and behold claim someone else is. Don't be a hypocrite.

PS. gay wasn't always used for the intended purposes that people have now defined them to be. Get off your high horses and not get your panties in a knot because someone used it in some manner that you feel is inappropriate that isn't even relevant to the context you want him to be using it in just so you can make a big deal out of stupid shit.

Safon
03-07-2015, 05:56 PM
I feel this was a very productive thread

Jfertal
03-07-2015, 06:09 PM
acquire fungi, solo to 47

Can get into the 50's with that shit. I only group on my rogue during hate raids. That exp is fucking amazing

And fuck the haters. Come join my sk. I got a monk friend too. We tear shit up. I will be your friend.

Crawdad
03-08-2015, 02:18 AM
One more thing, could you do the world a favor and kill yourself?

Only redeeming post in this thread.

Skillslam
03-08-2015, 05:55 AM
fuck the language poleece

Clark
03-09-2015, 06:57 AM

http://i.imgur.com/jBHrUue.png

Clark
03-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Using gay in a derogatory manner is childish.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/michael-jackson-weird-photos_1/michaeljackson.jpg

fastboy21
03-09-2015, 10:05 PM
http://youtu.be/zOLbuFVG0fs

wormed
03-09-2015, 10:14 PM
1) Why does anyone care he has a epic? They are cheap as fuck and I can't remember the last rogue I saw who didn't have it.

2) If you have a issue w his post, stop bumping it and getting him more notice?

3) Pond is pond, not pond plus entire zone until GY.

30k is cheap on p1999? Fek, I can't even scrounge up 700p for a Sword of the Morning. I've tried looking at guides for cash but it definitely doesn't flow very nicely at mid-teens.

But anyway, I'm a level 19 Paladin, I usually solo but I'm down to duo sometime.

Doil_Boil
03-10-2015, 06:21 AM
30k is cheap on p1999? Fek, I can't even scrounge up 700p for a Sword of the Morning. I've tried looking at guides for cash but it definitely doesn't flow very nicely at mid-teens.

But anyway, I'm a level 19 Paladin, I usually solo but I'm down to duo sometime.

Shockingly enough, it's hard to bank much plat at level 19.

Brocode
03-10-2015, 06:43 AM
im sorry i thought this was RNF for a second. back to the topic, whos lfg to duo with the guy?

Arclyte
03-10-2015, 07:49 AM
now a lvl 23 EPIC SUPER BADASS BETTER THAN YOU Rogue stlll LFG for a small group of pipe hittin *****s for some high impact sexual violence ya feel?

86753o9
03-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Maybe he's just young at heart but he really does give the impression that he's not old enough to have been an adult in the year 1999.

Mirana
03-10-2015, 11:44 AM

This post almost made me vomit. Attempting to discern this guy's life story by a single 50 word forum post like you are the internet's version of Sherlock Holmes, and arrogant enough to think you actually know. The most ironic part is that you actually have no idea.

Gotze
03-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Mistmoore confirmed homosexual. Mayong was reported having a sexual relationship with maid issis' gay brother Enrique and ran away from the castle to start a new life together. Good thing for these valid EQ lore books.

OP was in fact not lying

indiscriminate_hater
03-10-2015, 12:30 PM
quality thread. the ebb and flow of tears is the stuff of legends

Ezalor
03-10-2015, 12:42 PM
i haven't been clicking on this thread because how boring a "anyone want a duo?" is guaranteed to be, but once i saw this shit was 6 pages i figured some drama would have to be up.

good stuff guys

Confit
03-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Level 8 epic cleric LFG.

Will only invite epic rogues, monks, and shamans level 8 to 10.

If you are a class other than the above, please level up to get your epic and then delevel to join me.

Back to reality...

Instead of criticizing the guy, why not group with him and leach exp while he kills everything faster than a non-twinked group of 6? It's a game and he's having fun, stop hating.

Jayko
03-10-2015, 01:39 PM

To be fair...during Kunark, I had a level 40ish with an epic. Aaaaand he got to that point by being power leveled by my friend's two boxed druid while wearing a fungi tunic.

Shit's classic.

Lune
03-10-2015, 01:44 PM

I'm embarrassed for you

towbes
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Came here not expecting much, left with a smile, 10/10 will subscribe

HippoNipple
03-10-2015, 06:07 PM
I would rather group with an epic rogue.