PDA

View Full Version : Updated Kunark SK Equipment List

biolich
03-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Anyone want to go ahead and give me an updated Kunark list? On the wiki, it's very sparse in terms of options and it's even a bit incomplete. I'm a new player so I've done a lot of research so I kind of understand the weapon side of things, however, when it comes to equipment I'm a bit confused.

1h - MoSS -> Noct Blade -> Ebon Mace
2h - Deathbringer's Rod -> Jade Inlaid? - > Epic

For the armor and jewellery, I'm curious about the Kunark armor. Is Blood Ember better than others due to its pure AC? Is AC that important overall? I play an Ogre so my base STR/STA are excellent anyway. I'm pretty decently geared thanks to the awesomeness of the people who play on the server. I have a Sword of Skyfire and some basic other gear. I guess I'm going to try to save my pennies for a MoSS for the next big upgrade, unless anyone has another opinion?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Knight#Kunark <- anyone want to help with an update, or at least let me know in the thread? :D

Also, this might be a weird question, but are there any "loan sharks" on the server? Is that even a thing?

Thanks

biolich
03-05-2015, 05:43 PM
I guess the loan shark wouldn't make any sense. Not enough trust.

Anyway, since no one is replying, a simply clarifying question:

Should I go for Blood Ember for the affordable pieces (non BP/Legs)?

Thanks

Pheer
03-06-2015, 12:08 PM
I guess the loan shark wouldn't make any sense. Not enough trust.

Anyway, since no one is replying, a simply clarifying question:

Should I go for Blood Ember for the affordable pieces (non BP/Legs)?

Thanks

probably better off going for darkforge than the blood ember pieces

Also knowing your level, how much pp you have to work with, other possible chars you could use to farm for gear, etc. would all affect what gear you should go for/focus on

biolich
03-06-2015, 06:26 PM
probably better off going for darkforge than the blood ember pieces

Also knowing your level, how much pp you have to work with, other possible chars you could use to farm for gear, etc. would all affect what gear you should go for/focus on

Ok, fair enough. So the AC involved in Blood Ember isn't as important?

I've got no other chars so this is my only one. With that said, do you feel there is a decent route to take? I guess Darkforge?

Thanks.

biolich
03-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Why is Sword of the Morning SOOO much cheaper than Noctivagant Blade? Difficulty in obtaining? Or simply more SK's compared to Paladins?

derpcake
03-07-2015, 06:32 AM
Paladins are kind hearted, so when they upgrade their SoTM they dump it at a low price.

SK's aren't, troll sks are especially greedy, so they drive prices up.

kaev
03-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Most paladins here are greedy, tight-assed, little dwarfs. They drove the price down when they were buying, and now it makes them all salty that they can't drive it back up when they're selling.

Or maybe it's just that Paladin is the least popular class to play on p99 and has been so for a long time.

Tuljin
03-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Not many Paladins and most of them are abandoned twinks

For a multitude of reasons Shadowknight is far more appealing than Paladin to the crowd that plays 16 year old elf simulators day in and day out

So yeah that's why pal gear is so cheap :-)

Pheer
03-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Ok, fair enough. So the AC involved in Blood Ember isn't as important?

I've got no other chars so this is my only one. With that said, do you feel there is a decent route to take? I guess Darkforge?

Thanks.

Darkforge armor, Green jade halberd, 5/55 rings should probably be your focus just starting out, with the weapon or the rings being first priority depending on what you already have

Green jade halberd is a good weapon for its price range and will be a lot easier to save up for than MoSS. For 1h/shield to be worth it you kinda need some money to burn, otherwise youre better off with a decent 2hander.