PDA

View Full Version : Possible Move from Red to Blue

Derrick
03-04-2015, 05:29 PM
I have been thinking of leaving Red99 and coming to Blue for a while now. I have always played pvp servers in every MMO that I have ever played, it's all I know but in my older years I have slowed down a lot and find it hard hanging with this new generation of pvpers. It does get old being alone of Red99 and getting rolled by groups as I try to xp. I understand it's pvp and I respect that. I just feel like I can't compete any more. I have a couple 50+'s and can easily join Holocaust and zerg raid mobs down but is that all there is? The E-Thug attitudes of some of these kids is just sad, it gets old after a time.

I want to experience end game but the price to pay for getting this on Red99 kinda sucks. Do I want to join Holocaust and zerg everything down? Do I join a low end guild and struggle to get gear? I do have questions though ....

1. What on Blue99 can be farmed for good plat that is a random drop, not a stantionary spawn thats constantly camped, on Red99, Bracer of the Hidden is a random drop that sells for 10k (good mid level cash) so what can be camped on Blue like this for me to make money?

2. I never understood these silly raid rules you guys have. Exactly how does this work? I understand guilds have classes, such as Class R etc etc (I have no idea what these classes are) so can someone explain how raiding works on Blue99?

3. If I were to get level cap on blue99, how would I get into the BEST guild or would I be stuck in a low end guild fighting for scraps?

4. Question on prices of specific items have me curious what they actually sell for on blue compared to Red99 prices, such as ....

- Fungi Tunics
- Mana Stone
- Bracer of the Hidden which I am sure is not really camped or needed lol.

Just curious what camps can make me plat to sustain myself. I made this forum acct because I never posted on here before, the truth hehe but I am just finding it hard to have fun on Red99 any longer. Someone sell blue99 to me please.

dontbanpls
03-05-2015, 02:32 AM
Seems like you don't put much effort into socializing so blue is probably right up your alley since most of these fools don't have a clue either

Llodd
03-05-2015, 05:15 AM
1. Depends on your time zone. For example, if you were playing right now you have a good chance of getting stationary camps such as frenzy/droga

2. Class C is for the hardcore neckbeards IB/TMO. Class R is for the wannabe harcore neckbeards BDA/Divinity/Taken + casual guilds. It's roughly a 66/33 split on raid mobs between the two classes.

3. If your playtime is high you will have no trouble joining TMO/IB regardless of skillset or ethical principles and get the loot.

4. Wiki/Eqauctions

Foggon
03-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Lol when I first saw "transfer from red to blue" my first thought was "oh you mean velious releasing?" Kekeke..

Bracer of hidden is very useful on blue, sells for 5 or 6k. Depends on what class you gonna play too. I found my best farming is in a trio, but I'm a warrior. All the guilds are a little different. Just do your research on them while you level, don't be so hasty to join a guild. I guested with 4 or 5 different guilds before I found a home.

Foggon
03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Also seafury island fte extravaganza can be a lot of fun. But only if you win some

Ravager
03-05-2015, 11:34 AM
This is an interesting take on the "Play Red" campaign.

Kadron
03-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Jboots sell for around 6-7k, Bracer of the Hidden is around 6k. You can check out ahungry.com for most item prices. Fungis are around 60k. You should be able to trasnfer your plat to blue at a 3:1 ratio or even more. You should have a decent amount of plat to start with if you have any on Red.
Check out http://www.project1999.com/raid.php for raiding class specifics.
Get some levels and apply to the guild you want.

QFuzzle
03-05-2015, 04:32 PM
I like that somebody's actually thinking and speaking up about moving on from constant pvp life and the mindset thereof. Seems like recently all I've heard about is people leaving Blue for Red (nothing wrong with that, just an observation). Being somebody who has played both pvp and non-pvp games, I can relate with you on some of these notes. Sometimes the rush of pvp is lots of fun and interesting, but other times I'm just not in the mood to always be on my guard (or get ganked by a group). Sometimes I just wanna relax and enjoy some laid-back gaming. Also, I'm amused by the way you said you were getting tired of the "E-Thug attitudes". That sort of thing is rampant in pvp-type games.

Seems like you don't put much effort into socializing so blue is probably right up your alley since most of these fools don't have a clue either

First response this guy gets is a passive aggressive stab from a red player. Go figure. (Inb4 red logic is hurled at me).

Vexenu
03-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Be under no illusions, you will not be escaping PvP by going to Blue. You will simply be trading one form of PvP for another. Instead of PvP through direct combat, you will experience PvP through rule lawyering, petitioning, training, camp stealing, FTE sniping, epic MQ farming, and the collective monopolization of every decent cash camp 24/7 by one unemployed neckbeard or another. In anything worth doing on Blue, your primary obstacle will not be overcoming the game world and its monsters, but beating out the other players who are trying to do the same thing.

This simple fact is the reason that Red's population has been growing steadily, despite its very obvious shortcomings: it's not perfect, but at this point it's preferable to the alternative.

Lictor
03-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Be under no illusions, you will not be escaping PvP by going to Blue. You will simply be trading one form of PvP for another. Instead of PvP through direct combat, you will experience PvP through rule lawyering, petitioning, training, camp stealing, FTE sniping, epic MQ farming, and the collective monopolization of every decent cash camp 24/7 by one unemployed neckbeard or another. In anything worth doing on Blue, your primary obstacle will not be overcoming the game world and its monsters, but beating out the other players who are trying to do the same thing.

This simple fact is the reason that Red's population has been growing steadily, despite its very obvious shortcomings: it's not perfect, but at this point it's preferable to the alternative.

Having characters on both, it pretty much is this. You trade one set of annoyances for another once around 50+. It just depends what you have more tolerance for.

dontbanpls
03-05-2015, 10:28 PM
I like that somebody's actually thinking and speaking up about moving on from constant pvp life and the mindset thereof. Seems like recently all I've heard about is people leaving Blue for Red (nothing wrong with that, just an observation). Being somebody who has played both pvp and non-pvp games, I can relate with you on some of these notes. Sometimes the rush of pvp is lots of fun and interesting, but other times I'm just not in the mood to always be on my guard (or get ganked by a group). Sometimes I just wanna relax and enjoy some laid-back gaming. Also, I'm amused by the way you said you were getting tired of the "E-Thug attitudes". That sort of thing is rampant in pvp-type games.

First response this guy gets is a passive aggressive stab from a red player. Go figure. (Inb4 red logic is hurled at me).

that was straight up aggressive cus this ding dong just wants a free ride and decided that playing the game while putting effort in was not what he wanted. in other words HE CAN DIE IN A FIRE

Akalakamelee
03-05-2015, 10:50 PM
The guy is probably in holocaust anyways. honestly, he wouldn't do anything different on blue then he already does.

Koota
03-06-2015, 05:39 AM
The E-Thug attitudes of some of these kids is just sad, it gets old after a time.

Red ===> Blue

E-Thugs ===> Armchair rule lawyers

feanan
03-06-2015, 10:17 AM

You obviously don't check the server numbers on the front page, or you have a weird definition of "growing steadily"

It had a growth spurt, that was awhile ago. Been pretty steady since that time

Feanoir
03-06-2015, 11:32 AM
I gave red a serious try, probably a couple months and actually saw little true pvp...I did run into quite a few folks with a hard on for beating on the little guy....and it was pretty sad. I'm not talking a twink running around CB rolling newbs, I'm talking low level with a fungi hunting folks on corpse runs with high level druid backing kind of sad....If you need back up heals and buffs while you are PKing at level 5 in a fungi against naked and ungeared characters, you have issues...and that's a lot of the attitude i got from red...meh, ill stick to rule lawyering and actually seeing other characters that don't get off on ruining someones day with a one sided onslaught because they can't hack it at higher levels.

Akalakamelee
03-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Was the druid in holocaust? most likely. If you wanna give red another shot at some point lemme know, I'll show you how an underdog gets by on red.

dontbanpls
03-06-2015, 01:47 PM
I gave red a serious try, probably a couple months and actually saw little true pvp...I did run into quite a few folks with a hard on for beating on the little guy....and it was pretty sad. I'm not talking a twink running around CB rolling newbs, I'm talking low level with a fungi hunting folks on corpse runs with high level druid backing kind of sad....If you need back up heals and buffs while you are PKing at level 5 in a fungi against naked and ungeared characters, you have issues...and that's a lot of the attitude i got from red...meh, ill stick to rule lawyering and actually seeing other characters that don't get off on ruining someones day with a one sided onslaught because they can't hack it at higher levels.

well, bye

Nirgon
03-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Red server sea fury island is the foot in yo ass extravaganza

Come on down

Akalakamelee
03-06-2015, 01:54 PM

Come on down

Cash so goog

toolshed
03-06-2015, 04:28 PM
I think the HHK goblin groups are the best way to get money from 24-30. I leveled there as a new character on my necro and was able to get the 2.5k I needed for the Circlet of Shadows through goblin ears alone. Also good money are the Misty Thicket guards (their spears sell for 11pp each)

Swish
03-06-2015, 04:32 PM

Should have given CoM a try - PvP on the hour, every hour.

Redtrader
03-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Getting 'to old" to play r99 thats a new one on me, at least how you put it, quitting because of age itself is normal. Being unable to compete eh, to each his own

QFuzzle
03-06-2015, 06:01 PM

Come on down

Hahahaha. Haven't gotten to that point myself on Red, but I imagine it's exactly how you describe it.

toolshed
03-06-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm talking low level with a fungi hunting folks on corpse runs with high level druid backing kind of sad

This is a product of no item loot and/or a level cap on pvp. Remove the level cap for pvp, and at least you can go after the druid. Add item loot and nobody will want to risk a fungi for some lvl 20 pvp action.

PS - SZ is the best pvp ruleset. It is the most honest pvp ruleset there can be.

pink grapefruit
03-06-2015, 09:50 PM
This is a product of no item loot and/or a level cap on pvp. Remove the level cap for pvp, and at least you can go after the druid. Add item loot and nobody will want to risk a fungi for some lvl 20 pvp action.

PS - SZ is the best pvp ruleset. It is the most honest pvp ruleset there can be.

So instead of buffed twinks camping noobs in CB it'll just be 60s? Cuts out the middleman I guess haha. Also: eww gross trains.

citizen1080
03-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Ill take your red stuff...give you blue stuff...no need to camp anything =)