PDA

View Full Version : Chardok regulars please read

Thadew
03-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Hail,

I have managed to get my account banned by receiving payment for Chardok AE services from someone who has directly participated in RMT. As such my account is banned for helping launder RMT plat until I can prove that this was actually payment for AE services.

I generally trust people and have never played with /log on, only a few times when I have done some dps parsing. Since I am guilty until proven innocent I thought I may as well ask the chardok regulars here to see in their log files if they have something in their logs from that day.

The date is the 11th of january 2015. If anyone doing Chardok that day has a logfile from that day I would greatly appreciate your help.

You can post here or PM me, thank you.

Best regards
Thadew 60 Paladin
Dwyn 60 Enchanter

PS: Please do not turn this into a Chardok AE sucks or die RMT scum thread or anything similar, I have learned my lesson and this is a humble request for help in obtaining proof of my innocense.

Erati
03-04-2015, 04:21 PM
do you remember anything about the timing of the 'tainted payment' and the actual Chardok proxying

If the trade happened while you were actively doing Chardok I suppose at the very least, encounter logs could be used to prove you were indeed doing Chardok AE during the time around when this transaction occurred which would help corroborate your story since you dont have logs of your /tell convo with the RMTer who paid you for proxy.

Doil_Boil
03-04-2015, 04:23 PM
This shit is why I have to petition half my PL clients.. Pain in the ass.

raeanin
03-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Kinda scary, why are 3rd hand people getting banned because of someone else's screw up? I understand banning the seller and the buyer, but this seems crazy.

Aside from not having a trade log of the sale, how is this any different than someone getting banned for selling a fungi to someone who is using RMT plat? Sounds like guilty until proven innocent to me. At the very most, just take the plat away, and even then...

Hope someone can provide proof for you man.

ripwind
03-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Is there a config file setting for having logging always enabled? Or is it strictly manual?

Thulack
03-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Is there a config file setting for having logging always enabled? Or is it strictly manual?

You can change it in the Eqclient.ini file. There is a line that says something like "log on=False" or something along that. Just have to change it to True and save.

Thadew
03-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Aye, in the file eqclient.ini set the property LOG=TRUE

/Thad

Thulack
03-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Kinda scary, why are 3rd hand people getting banned because of someone else's screw up? I understand banning the seller and the buyer, but this seems crazy.

Aside from not having a trade log of the sale, how is this any different than someone getting banned for selling a fungi to someone who is using RMT plat? Sounds like guilty until proven innocent to me. At the very most, just take the plat away, and even then...

Hope someone can provide proof for you man.

Because in the trade of the plat for the fungi there is a actual transaction. How does the GM's know that the person receiving the money in the end(PLer) isnt actually the true recipient of the RMT and the PLee is just a middle man? All that GM's see is that money was handed to someone in EC/NFP or wherever and there was nothing given in return after said person(PLee) RMT'd and received money from a known account of a RMTer.

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 05:08 PM
This shit is why I have to petition half my PL clients.. Pain in the ass.

Part of why I got tired of selling PLs.

"Yea this 13 enchanter is my main, oh and do you have time to PL me to 49?".

"Uh not today but you do know that will be well over 50k right?"

"Yes that's fine. I spent a decent bit of time flipping items in EC..."

Surrrrrrrrrrre ya did.

raeanin
03-04-2015, 05:16 PM

Surrrrrrrrrrre ya did.

It's especially BS because no one would spend all that time flipping just to blow it on PLing. I turned a few items donated to me when I started in to about 10k net worth in a couple months of flipping stuff, but there's no way in hell I would liquidate it all on PLing to be left with nothing!

thieros
03-04-2015, 05:16 PM
This happened to some epic MQers as well. I cant recommend enough that people play with logs on so there's always proof of whatever you need to prove, be it petitionquest or out of the norm cases like this. CYA friends!

Doil_Boil
03-04-2015, 05:17 PM

Surrrrrrrrrrre ya did.

I just petition. Deru told me a while back that they would rather I have the money than the dude that bought it for dollars.

Also I kinda consider it a service, since it roots out the RMT buyers and helps unravel that whole web.

Thadew
03-04-2015, 05:18 PM
do you remember anything about the timing of the 'tainted payment' and the actual Chardok proxying

If the trade happened while you were actively doing Chardok I suppose at the very least, encounter logs could be used to prove you were indeed doing Chardok AE during the time around when this transaction occurred which would help corroborate your story since you dont have logs of your /tell convo with the RMTer who paid you for proxy.

Yeah, the tainted payment was at 15:18:26 (I suppose this is PST time, isn't that the timezone of the server? But I am not certain).

The encounter logs have some info but for some reason there is a 3 hour gap between last logged kill on enchanter and the platinum trade. I have no idea why, it could be:

A bad streak of wipes
Waiting for a replacement enchanter
Logs not registering kills since you do not get kills when out of group and stunning
Something else I have overlooked

I am hoping logs could shed some light on that plus give info about who the proxy person, and thus the RMT'er, was.

/Thad

Wabic
03-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Damn, Dwyn sorry to hear about that and wish I could help. It could easily have happened to me. I checked my logs and it doesn't look like I did Chardok that day.

maskedmelon
03-04-2015, 05:37 PM
The problem with this situation is that there is no way to tell if the PLVLer is an RMT customer or not. I assume the reason for the ban is that the PLVLee was identified as an RMT mule/transaction account. It is a difficult situation to say the least and one by which a tremendous amount of 'dirty' plat likely changes hands. :/

Thulack
03-04-2015, 05:41 PM
It's especially BS because no one would spend all that time flipping just to blow it on PLing. I turned a few items donated to me when I started in to about 10k net worth in a couple months of flipping stuff, but there's no way in hell I would liquidate it all on PLing to be left with nothing!

It happens sometimes :D

maskedmelon
03-04-2015, 05:48 PM

I am with you, I raised about 25k with my L7 enchanter running the SoM around 4 or 5 dozen times and then trading in EC when I started. But all of my money was always tied up in items and once I had things I liked, there is no way I was going to spend any more time running that damn quest or trading in EC to trivialize my spiffiness with expedited levels!

Master Roshi
03-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Did you mention how many pulls this tainted amount was for?

Thadew
03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Yes Master Roshi, but unfortunately that does not prove anything.

/Thadew

Pringles
03-04-2015, 08:15 PM
This is why anytime im trading money and not receiving anything - especially when my first character is the receiver of items and my second character is the payer of plat (eg: EC mule), i spell out specifically in tells on both characters what is going on and make sure my logs are on. Dunno if it'll help prevent any bans, but at least it'll be easy to prove my case.

Master Roshi
03-04-2015, 08:18 PM
I do the above as well, usually in say as well. "This is for Jboots MQ from Soandso to Soando for X amount of pp"

Lyrith
03-04-2015, 11:36 PM
When I do powerleveling like this, basically PP for no item I do the folllowing.

1. /g Paying 6,000pp for Chardok Powerleveling on Tander 3/4/15
2. /time
3. Screenshot

Erati
03-04-2015, 11:44 PM
When I do powerleveling like this, basically PP for no item I do the folllowing.

1. /g Paying 6,000pp for Chardok Powerleveling on Tander 3/4/15
2. /time
3. Screenshot

sad this has to be SOP

but I guess we live in a much more dangerous Norrath than 15 years ago

Ambrouis
03-05-2015, 03:22 AM
Isn't it funny that they have logs for your plat transactions but not for your pl service?