PDA

View Full Version : PvE Gauntlet

Foggon
03-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Id love to see TMO's best 25 and Holocausts best 25 go through a pve type gauntlet of raid mobs to show who the real champions are

This seems like an awesome idea, except no need for Tmo and Holo exclusive. All guilds can play. Easy.. Each guild gathers in the gorge since no one goes there(or wherever will be good). GMs can have designated areas for each guild and summons a pre-set series of raid mobs. Each spawning 5 or 10 seconds after the last one dies. Set a player cap to limit the zerg. Sounds fun.

Winners get a gold name plate for a month. Besides how can Tmo and Holo be the only competitors? Half of them wouldn't know if they should play their Holo toon or their Tmo toon ;)

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 01:55 PM
The challenge of EverQuest, generally speaking, is the environment.

Which is why thinks like broken sneak and invis pulling ruined so many aspects of the game. It trivialized one of the few areas in the game thay required skill (pulling), and then further trivialized the game by allowing you to isolate the mob you are interested in from its environment.

Cazic-Thule for example, is a joke alone. However if the whole plane is fully spawned, he is an entirely different monster. Same deal with Innoruuk. Two groups could do Innoruuk, however if the whole plane is up, with aggro there 2 groups will definitely wipe.

I will say though... The one time when Vox spawned back to back 3 times on us was quite entertaining. It wasn't a feat of skill, just fun to see people run low on mana with their crappy Vox Alts and eventually start to drop.

Taking on fully spawned rooms instead of single pulling makes the game far more fun. I've duo'd Tranix several times. The most fun kill wasn't when all the trash were killed before Tranix spawned but instead when every fire giant in the bridge room and his room all aggroed together and myself and a monk duoed the entire set of mobs.

Erati
03-03-2015, 02:02 PM
how many string charges for ced "duo"

seems like it would b a few!

captnamazing
03-03-2015, 03:02 PM
I challenge this pretender, this False Hero, to the ecstasy of combat. Once, I have slain him upon the marble ramp of the Skyfire Mountains. I cut him down as he fled before me, and his blood stained the halls.

Again, before the cursed gate to the Plane of Fear, I challenged him to the ancient rite of combat, and he cowed before me.

And now I hear rumors, murmurs in the twisting winds, that this pretender calls himself the Hero of Rivervale! The bile in my throat asphyxiates me, the gall of this halfling enrages me!

There can be only one!!

Once more, I challenge you, Foggon Gamadiel! We will battle for the supremacy over Rivervale, once and for all! You have your blessed blades of Zek, let us see in whose hands they are mightier!! I slap you with my gauntlets, I spit upon your naked feet!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Doil_Boil
03-03-2015, 04:17 PM
I challenge this pretender, this False Hero, to the ecstasy of combat. Once, I have slain him upon the marble ramp of the Skyfire Mountains. I cut him down as he fled before me, and his blood stained the halls.

Again, before the cursed gate to the Plane of Fear, I challenged him to the ancient rite of combat, and he cowed before me.

And now I hear rumors, murmurs in the twisting winds, that this pretender calls himself the Hero of Rivervale! The bile in my throat asphyxiates me, the gall of this halfling enrages me!

There can be only one!!

Once more, I challenge you, Foggon Gamadiel! We will battle for the supremacy over Rivervale, once and for all! You have your blessed blades of Zek, let us see in whose hands they are mightier!! I slap you with my gauntlets, I spit upon your naked feet!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Fog, this guy gave me a damn glove to slap you in the face with. As a halfling, I have to do it. As a guildy, I apologize.

azeth
03-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Just to be clear, being in a raid guild /= you being a skilled player.

With that said, P99 raid guilds are full to the brim with skilled players, but being guild tagged didn't improve their skill.

Take a look no further than the solo competition thread for the best on the server. Put 20 of them together and you have the best core of gamers on the server.

Doil_Boil
03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Wait, does the Hero of the Vale have to be a warrior?

http://wiki.project1999.com/White_Satin_Gloves

One for each of you gentlemen.

Foggon
03-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Since when did Halfling become a thirsty race? A brother lost his light and now need be reminded the joyous bell of Rivervale. Find me friend. Mine blades cast restore sight, so it shall be done. Where I am you do not know, though you should know.. I lie in wait.

Varren
03-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Kill vox, run through a deep pile of canned corn, then kill nagafen

Ravager
03-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Just have a sky crawl race, no pulling mobs to other islands, must clear the islands, even the meteors, fastest to kill eye on 8 is the winner. Competitors must begin with 0 keys.

kaev
03-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Just have a sky crawl race, no pulling mobs to other islands, must clear the islands, even the meteors, fastest to kill eye on 8 is the winner. Competitors must begin with 0 keys.

That sounds like fun!

evilkorn
03-04-2015, 02:16 AM
Just have a sky crawl race

No charmed pets for best results.

Pint
03-04-2015, 05:26 AM
Take a look no further than the solo competition thread for the best on the server. Put 20 of them together and you have the best core of gamers on the server.

Rofl

Colgate
03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
using rechargeable puppet strings and soulfires is very difficult

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 08:21 AM
using rechargeable puppet strings and soulfires is very difficult

Spamming pumices, equally difficult.

Varren
03-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Strings and soulfires sorta do more than pumices

PDX0621
03-04-2015, 12:43 PM

There can be only one!!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Can I ref this epic battle?! I'll even provide transportation to anywhere you want to do it!

OfftuneRZ
03-04-2015, 12:48 PM
This sounds like LOADS of fun guys!! Lets all challenge the SAME AI that you have been encountering for the past 4 years, whoever does it the fastest is the best!!!

Are you fucking serious? Why not challenge another player? You cant predict their next move, that is a true test of skill.

Daldaen
03-04-2015, 01:00 PM
This sounds like LOADS of fun guys!! Lets all challenge the SAME AI that you have been encountering for the past 4 years, whoever does it the fastest is the best!!!

Are you fucking serious? Why not challenge another player? You cant predict their next move, that is a true test of skill.

Because this game is horrible for PVP. It's not balanced... At all. There is no challenge in a bard killing a warrior. At all.

We came here for classic. If you are after PvP you should play a different game. Seeing red try to destroy classic in an effort to balance PvP in a game that just wasn't designed for it is sad.

OfftuneRZ
03-04-2015, 01:05 PM
There is challenge for said warrior. There is however no challenge for nerds racing through a PoSky run.

Instead of complaining about balance why not take the challenge of eq pvp, you might like it!

Detoxx
03-04-2015, 01:33 PM
I say lets put a 300k hp hoshkar and 300k hp nexona in an outdoor zone and see who kills em first. GL brews

azeth
03-04-2015, 01:34 PM
I say lets put a 300k hp hoshkar and 300k hp nexona in an outdoor zone and see who kills em first. GL brews

That's a good example to prove why timing raid mob kills is not a representation of skill.

The winner in that scenario is whoever has the most geared rogues.

If you want a skill competition make it so the guilds can only bring 3 groups. Do niche stuff like a no-cleric Class C mob kill. How about a 30 man raid with Ranger tank on something.

maskedmelon
03-04-2015, 01:43 PM
That's a good example to prove why timing raid mob kills is not a representation of skill.

If you want a skill competition make it so the guilds can only bring 3 groups. Do niche stuff like a no-cleric Class C mob kill. How about a 30 man raid with Ranger tank on something.

I like this, something for everyone ^^ plenty more fun to be had imposing class/skill/spell/level/item restrictions.

azeth
03-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Also i will say there is classic precedent for bringing people together from separate servers for skill competitions - i.e gamewide BoTB.

It IS classic to run a Red99 v Blue99 skill comp.

Detoxx
03-04-2015, 02:57 PM

TMO wins then, we killed ct with 22, no clerics and one tank on a full spawn. Was pretty fun.

Ravager
03-04-2015, 03:00 PM
http://www.chocolate-doom.org/ if you really want to try your hand at online PvP skill.

azeth
03-04-2015, 07:01 PM
TMO wins then, we killed ct with 22, no clerics and one tank on a full spawn. Was pretty fun.

don't worry, i take things literally too sometimes.

you understand that means your "challenge" is 2 groups or something right?