PDA

View Full Version : Final Beta Push

Rogean
03-03-2015, 10:43 AM
We are on our final stretch of beta testing. Our forced beta test didn't have the turnout we had expected, and I'd rather not have to do another one. I'm asking that everyone look to find ways to help out this week and weekend. Guilds should look at bringing in outside players to help and vice-versa players should express interest to beta guilds about helping. Guilds should coordinate raids together to decide on targets, and we'd also like to see some stress testing particularly in Plane of Growth.

Items in particular that could use testing:

10th Ring War
This is now completed and could use thorough testing. The event is a failure if any giants make it to the Thurgadin zone line. The respawn time is temporarily set to 4 hours for testing purposes. Please PM Sirken or myself if your guild is interested in testing this and we can help get you some hand in items.

Plane of Growth
We could use more testing in this zone overall as well as stress testing with multiple guilds fighting at the same time. Tunare is completed and could use some extensive testing as well. PM Sirken or myself if you would like the zone repopped for any reason. NPC Resists have been updated recently and could also use testing/feedback.

Projectile Collision
Haynar has just recently added collision detection for all projectiles. This includes bow/arrows and bolts. This means they will collide with NPC's in their path. This needs extensive testing. Please report both positive and negative feedback.

I'd like to see a strong presence on beta this week and weekend, and then we will be in good shape.

Thanks.

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 10:55 AM
I just scheduled a 10th Ring War later this week with Taken. I already have the 9th Ring / Declaration of War ready to turn in so I won't need summoned items... But do Devs/GMs want to be present to observe the war in progress or would just posts afterward from the participants do?

If so PM me.

Sirken
03-03-2015, 11:01 AM
shoot me a PM with date and time, and if RL allows, ill be there ;)

Kimm Bare|y
03-03-2015, 11:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YlZVCnH.jpg

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 11:17 AM

I look forward to slaying Giants with you.

Pringles
03-03-2015, 11:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YlZVCnH.jpg

Haynar
03-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Issues currently with collision.

Snakes, and other belly crawlers, I did not adjust for their low stature. So they will block bolts. Wide mobs like bears, need some girth adjustments. So a lot is close, but not perfect.

H

RIP The Jacka
03-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Issues currently with collision.

Snakes, and other belly crawlers, I did not adjust for their low stature. So they will block bolts. Wide mobs like bears, need some girth adjustments. So a lot is close, but not perfect.

H

How do objects that don't cause los break factor in, ie most outdoor objects, trees, kc super block comes to mind (untestable )

Nirgon
03-03-2015, 11:44 AM
I'll cast some bolts m'emperor

arsenalpow
03-03-2015, 11:50 AM
BDA shooting for a 10th ring war test on Friday starting around 8pm EST.

Erati
03-03-2015, 11:51 AM

we were alrdy planning on doing it Friday at 6 pm ( Sirk marked it on his calendar)

dont you guys raid Sky on Fridays???

how long does this event take, would it be a total cluster if BDA tries to do one 2 hours after we start lol

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Yea I already posted about 10th Ring War (before this thread started!) for Friday. Don't make me FTE the quest NPC and petition to Sirken, Chest.

arsenalpow
03-03-2015, 12:09 PM
We like to let other guilds do sky periodically (MC, Anonymous) and by doing so it gives us a chance to do beta raids. Why don't y'all kill something else around that same time and then we can join up in Growth for a massive stress test afterwords.

I'd change our plans to Growth but we tested that zone last time.

Edit: and Daldaen didn't put a time in his post, which is why I chose the one that I did.

Blaza
03-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Good to see an interest in finalizing beta mobs...

Odd that there is fighting over testing a specific mob, plenty to go around.

And yeah, a combined forces growth test would certainly speed things along there. Growth takes foreverrrrrrrrrr.

fred schnarf
03-03-2015, 12:12 PM
bolts havent worked since server was started

Erati
03-03-2015, 12:13 PM
We like to let other guilds do sky periodically (MC, Anonymous) and by doing so it gives us a chance to do beta raids. Why don't y'all kill something else around that same time and then we can join up in Growth for a massive stress test afterwords.

our raid is scheduled for 6 pm which is before yours is suppose to start, how long does this event take tho I am sure its more than 2 hours

BDA can join in late for our Ring War and maybe we can hang out and help you do yours

Rogean
03-03-2015, 12:13 PM
bolts havent worked since server was started

How very descriptive.

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 12:16 PM

Edit: and Daldaen didn't put a time in his post, which is why I chose the one that I did.

Because I spent so many hours camping this damn ring I want to finish it. Even if it poofs when beta is done. Plus I already posted on our guild forums with a time and such, and asked Sirken if he could attend at 6PM.

I'm all for a stress test afterwards though.

We also tested Growth our last beta raid actually :/. Didn't get much of a chance to test the big named mobs because of so much trash and low attendance though.

Blaza
03-03-2015, 12:18 PM
How about a list of specific mobs/instances that need to be tested, and can be divvied up so we can knock it out over the weekend...

So far I see 10th ring + Tunare/Growth. I'm sure there are others.

ripwind
03-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Any classes / class-specific things that haven't had enough attention?

Man0warr
03-03-2015, 12:24 PM
If you guys want us to test Tunare, you really should depop all the trash. It takes FOREVER to kill all that crap - maybe if 3-4 guilds got together it would go faster but we know that isn't a real case scenario for Blue. We were able to AE kill the first part (before the River) but some mobs across the River are immune to stuns so that didn't work out well.

Actually, I'm really curious how Tunare will go on Blue - if TMO or IB clears the whole zone to get to Tunare only to get leapfrogged by the other.

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 12:26 PM
How about a list of specific mobs/instances that need to be tested, and can be divvied up so we can knock it out over the weekend...

So far I see 10th ring + Tunare/Growth. I'm sure there are others.

Lord Vyemm
Vulak

Those mobs all need tested. I think the named in WToV and Yelinak also need tested.

There are a few misc quests in Kael Drakkel that could use doing.

Any classes / class-specific things that haven't had enough attention?

The new Cleric, Shaman and Necromancer DoTs need to be tested to confirm they have the correct values. Once those are confirmed, the devs have said they will remove the display of DoT damage since that is a non-classic feature, getting added around GoD era, way past this servers timeline.

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 12:27 PM
If you guys want us to test Tunare, you really should depop all the trash. It takes FOREVER to kill all that crap - maybe if 3-4 guilds got together it would go faster but we know that isn't a real case scenario for Blue. We were able to AE kill the first part (before the River) but some mobs across the River are immune to stuns so that didn't work out well.

Actually, I'm really curious how Tunare will go on Blue - if TMO or IB clears the whole zone to get to Tunare only to get leapfrogged by the other.

Will be multiple bards with aggro on each other getting CotH'd around the zone kiting and tagging each other to attain aggro on the train or something extremelt unclassic.

ripwind
03-03-2015, 12:29 PM
The new Cleric, Shaman and Necromancer DoTs need to be tested to confirm they have the correct values. Once those are confirmed, the devs have said they will remove the display of DoT damage since that is a non-classic feature, getting added around GoD era, way past this servers timeline.

Awesome. Thanks, Dald! Excuse my ignorance, but is there a post somewhere with the details?

Fanguru
03-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Shamans don't get new dots in Velious, I'm confused.

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Awesome. Thanks, Dald! Excuse my ignorance, but is there a post somewhere with the details?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65504&highlight=Damage+display

Kanras posts the issue will be resolved once all expansions are implemented and spells tested. Seeing as Velious is the final expansion, it just needs a little testing to get those final spells confirmed as having the correct value.

Man0warr
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Will be multiple bards with aggro on each other getting CotH'd around the zone kiting and tagging each other to attain aggro on the train or something extremelt unclassic.

The mini bosses and Tunare all work like Cazic - pretty sure those mobs drop aggro on bards if Cazic shouts for them. Usually not a big deal since CT has 32k hp and you just wipe out/camp after he dies quickly - that won't work with Tunare.

Daldaen
03-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Shamans don't get new dots in Velious, I'm confused.

I thought one of their new nukes had a DoT component. Good to know though! Less spells to confirm.

sulious
03-03-2015, 01:02 PM

Not gonna lie - looking forward to this....

pink grapefruit
03-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Great! Hoping for that teams server few months after Velious release.

dontbanpls
03-03-2015, 02:06 PM
ITT blue nerds argue about who is going to be wiping to beta mobs and who deserves to wipe first/second/third

Kagey
03-03-2015, 02:33 PM
BDA Taken Divinity and whoever else may as well check the sleeper spawn too.. just cause.

harnold
03-03-2015, 02:34 PM
I wont be beta testing, some of us dont want the experience of velious ruined before its even released

philjackson
03-03-2015, 03:07 PM

considering you play 10 hours a day as a GM, I don't think this will be a problem :)

philjackson
03-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Oh and congrats! I can't wait to tune into Hotel Holocaust streams when Velly launches to see the dregs of real life consuming mt dew and sharing a bathroom for all manly activities over 10 days :)

GO NEW JERSEY! In fact, I'm emailing Chris Christie about this event maybe he'll show up for the livestream.

heartbrand
03-03-2015, 03:14 PM
OceanPlace 2015 Velious

Thulack
03-03-2015, 03:45 PM
So Rogean can you let Alunova know that you are summoning parts for ring wars for people cause he was pretty sure on his stance of not summoning parts for the rings wars: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181928

Nirgon
03-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Wizard bolts ain't bolts yet? :/

GnashingOfTeeth
03-03-2015, 09:49 PM
I wont be beta testing, some of us dont want the experience of velious ruined before its even released

WON WON you did all this on AK... hush sleeper waker.

Doors
03-03-2015, 09:54 PM
pras.

Haynar
03-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Wizard bolts ain't bolts yet? :/
Never looked into it. Thats researching spdat files. Spell histories. Very tedious for someone who never does that.

I do not even know all the spell ids that need looked in to.

H

Oleris
03-04-2015, 01:58 AM
if all goes to plan..... is there a tentative date or time frame on full release?

QFuzzle
03-04-2015, 03:47 AM
I'm really happy to hear things are getting close.

wycca
03-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Nro is down as of 3-4 @ 5:50p EST on beta

gnatch
03-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Never looked into it. Thats researching spdat files. Spell histories. Very tedious for someone who never does that.

I do not even know all the spell ids that need looked in to.

H

http://wiki.project1999.com/Frost_Bolt
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=54&source=Live
2006-10-05 07:37 Changed Target Type from Line of Sight to Single
2006-10-02 22:39 Changed Target Type from Single to Line of Sight
2005-04-12 13:05 Changed Target Type from Line of Sight to Single

http://wiki.project1999.com/Fire_Bolt
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=477&source=Live

http://wiki.project1999.com/Lightning_Bolt
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=38&source=Live

any more?

Edit: copied to bug forum-> http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1809244

Aadill
03-04-2015, 08:12 PM
I think you got them all. There weren't many wizard bolt spells and luckily they all had the name right in them. Mage spells were much more esoteric in their naming scheme.

surron
03-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Projectile Collision
Haynar has just recently added collision detection for all projectiles. This includes bow/arrows and bolts. This means they will collide with NPC's in their path. This needs extensive testing. Please report both positive and negative feedback.

Thanks.

Wow this is sweet.

Has anyone (specifically Daldaen) checked PoM archers?

HalflingWarrior
03-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Ironic how the "big guids," who talk smack and shit on BDA/Taken, aren't doin a damn thing to help with this stuff yet they'll end up being the ones who monopolize all the content that YOU tested for them, eh!?!?

Guess they don't wanna leave that blue pad for a long enough period of time to test anything.....they may miss a single a mob ya know?

Ele
03-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Ironic how the "big guids," who talk smack and shit on BDA/Taken, aren't doin a damn thing to help with this stuff yet they'll end up being the ones who monopolize all the content that YOU tested for them, eh!?!?

Guess they don't wanna leave that blue pad for a long enough period of time to test anything.....they may miss a single a mob ya know?

You don't even know what you are talking about.

Wrench
03-06-2015, 03:41 PM

if u dont know what ur talkin about, maybe you should just stay quiet

edit: fuck ninja'd, even similar wording

Thulack
03-06-2015, 04:27 PM

I'm not a fan of TMO or IB but they are doing their share of Velious Beta. Everyone that plays on blue/red's goal is to have velious out. Doesnt matter what guild your from we should help each other accomplish this for the server.

salimoneus
03-06-2015, 04:28 PM
I don't prefer the term "forced beta", but I think another "beta weekend" would be good, where both red and blue are taken down so everyone has the opportunity to focus on Velious without distractions. So technically it would still be a "voluntary beta" :)

Silinius
03-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Would love to help test but traveling in London for work and the issue with the dsetup.dll being detected as a Trojan in MCafee doesn't allow me to install p99 on my work laptop. :(

I tried installing before I left :( sorry!

Rararboker
03-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Mcafee is trash and more of a virus than the p99 dl.

Just fyi

pink grapefruit
03-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Just format your work computer. Velious more important than whatever lame work files you have.

Silinius
03-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Oh I'm aware it's trash, but that's not my choice to make. Interestingly enough, they have the security settings so locked down on these things that I can't change anything in Mcafee to bypass the auto scan, but I can transfer files from my USB drive, install EQ Titanium using Daemon Tools and update from the EQ site while on my work network without any issue. But that one damn dsetup.dll sets off all sorts of alarms, bells and whistles. le sigh.

Ele
03-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Try copying your install to a flash drive and make a new shortcut and just run it from there. Works sometimes.

cubiczar
03-07-2015, 10:05 PM
No need to "install". Just copy your normal p99 install folder onto an external, then run it from there. Whether that will escape McAfee scans I can't tell you (depends on your ITs setup) but I've run p99 off an external with good success doing it this way. EQ didn't install any registry keys or anything else so a simple folder copy works fine.

Xer0
03-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Uninstall McAfee, install Microsoft Security Essentials for the win.

fishingme
03-08-2015, 02:15 PM
if u dont know what ur talkin about, maybe you should just stay quiet

edit: fuck ninja'd, even similar wording

You don't even know what you are talking about.

BDA and taken are at fault on this also. But lets face it, no guild is doing large amounts of beta testing. Can't even think that they are with beta player base numbers always being below 5 lol.

Also, blue should just be taken down until velious testing is completed. Can't help but think that a wipe is in order and then release an xpack every 5 months.

Ravager
03-08-2015, 04:18 PM
BDA and taken are at fault on this also. But lets face it, no guild is doing large amounts of beta testing. Can't even think that they are with beta player base numbers always being below 5 lol.

Also, blue should just be taken down until velious testing is completed. Can't help but think that a wipe is in order and then release an xpack every 5 months.

Well if the staff makes good on their threat to release Velious without raid mobs a lot of the testing could be forgone.

salimoneus
03-08-2015, 07:14 PM

If you're going to say take down blue, take down red as well, else blues will just go play there. Agreed on the wipe, best thing that could happen to this server.

Man0warr
03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
We can really only do the testing needed when someone with powers is around to facilitate (talking mostly about Ring War here).

We got 2 ring war tests in on Friday when Rogean was there.

donwinslow
03-09-2015, 12:23 PM
I know as a new player my opinion doesn't hold much weight but I would be for Velious going live without raid mobs. there is still tons of content and drops that would allow players to strengthen their toons. More folks would be heading to Velious just for the drops, testing the zones and such as a side effect I see that as a win win. I know the raid folks wont get what they want on day one but it would push things closer Too them getting what they want

Teneran
03-09-2015, 01:41 PM
If you're going to say take down blue, take down red as well, else blues will just go play there. Agreed on the wipe, best thing that could happen to this server.

I haven't been here that long but why would a wipe be in order? I'm having fun building my character but don't want to start all over again 6 months into it; rather, I'm looking forward to new stuff at higher levels, not the 1-30 grind again.

if established players are bored, re-roll, don't twink and pretend the server got wiped.

salimoneus
03-09-2015, 02:28 PM
I haven't been here that long but why would a wipe be in order? I'm having fun building my character but don't want to start all over again 6 months into it; rather, I'm looking forward to new stuff at higher levels, not the 1-30 grind again.

if established players are bored, re-roll, don't twink and pretend the server got wiped.

All you need to do is go into the raid forum and browse through all the drama, pages and pages of raiding rules, guild tiers, loot rationing (faux instancing IMO), and you will better understand.

Teneran
03-09-2015, 02:49 PM
All you need to do is go into the raid forum and browse through all the drama, pages and pages of raiding rules, guild tiers, loot rationing (faux instancing IMO), and you will better understand.

I have read all that, and a wipe won't change any of it ... it will just end it temporarily until people re-level to 60 and start it all over again.

Basenji
03-09-2015, 03:59 PM
...I would be for Velious going live without raid mobs...

I disagree with this plan. But you gotta admit, releasing the expansion before it is fully developed is definitely "classic" EQ. Maybe we could get a few key quests implemented but without the necessary components anywhere in the itemization? Oooh! Maybe the quests themselves could just be broken and eat your hand-ins? Good times. Good times.

Also, where my beta at? Server down?

salimoneus
03-09-2015, 05:38 PM
I have read all that, and a wipe won't change any of it ... it will just end it temporarily until people re-level to 60 and start it all over again.

Of course things will degrade to the same point eventually, but at least you will get a truly classic Velious experience, until the server reaches end-of-life a while after Velious is released. There is nothing you can do to avoid the end-of-life degredation scenario, but you can make the experience leading up to it as classic as possible by having an accurate release timeline.

Wrench
03-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Of course things will degrade to the same point eventually, but at least you will get a truly classic Velious experience, until the server reaches end-of-life a while after Velious is released. There is nothing you can do to avoid the end-of-life degredation scenario, but you can make the experience leading up to it as classic as possible by having an accurate release timeline.

you seem like youve been around long enough to have seen nilbog say he wants to start another server with truely classic timeline after dev work is done so he can play

also that theyll never wipe

maybe you have seen it and just arent to quick on the uptick

girth
03-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Guys he said GUIDs, not guilds. Jeez, talk about an overreaction. :)

Teneran
03-09-2015, 06:51 PM

I hear what you are saying on the release timeline and it's a valid point. However, it's not 1999 anyone and there are real negatives to this idea too.

Let's have a quick look at what a wipe might look like. The server gets wiped while they finalize Velious. Right now, at primetime about 1500 people are online, with the launch of Velious coming perhaps even more might be interested in playing but let's just assume it's 1500-ish. So ... Day 1, 1500 people roll a newbie and get out to their respective newbie areas to level up. What could go wrong? Hmmmm, how about a week (at least) of a cluster f$%@ lag fest in every newbie area in Norrath? 300 people in Gfay, etc. etc. where everyone is trying to tag a large bat the second it pops to level up and get out to someplace better. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who rolled a toon the first few days when they launched the classic server on EQ Live years ago. It was unplayable for days.

Meanwhile, the serious hardcores are on a 20 hour a day marathon for a week straight, living on a diet of red bull, 5-hour energy and meth while they race to level ahead of the masses.

3-4 months later the ubers are all at 60 (again) locking down all the classic content worth doing. ok, maybe it's 6 months before it's the same thing we have now .... IDK but it gives a window of months, at best, before everything is back to normal.

What might actually solve some of the current problems is Luclin (yea, i know it's never going to be launched). the reason is, with Luclin there is even more content, all the best items are no-drop and the game doesn't end at 60 anymore with AA advancement. In Luclin you have people playing their mains XP-ing in high level areas to get AA and there is much less incentive to camp many old world items that are heavily camped today because people can get better items and they need to be earnign AAs to be effective on raids.

That's my take on it anyway, but others may disagree. The opinion of the Developers is all that matters anyway. Maybe a compromise is launch a fresh server?

salimoneus
03-09-2015, 08:06 PM
you seem like youve been around long enough to have seen nilbog say he wants to start another server with truely classic timeline after dev work is done so he can play

also that theyll never wipe

maybe you have seen it and just arent to quick on the uptick

I've heard a lot of things mentioned in the past, but just because something gets mentioned doesn't make it so. A new server would be awesome if it is truly on the table, I just have some doubts about the feasibility of them having the resources to support 3 servers. And there's the question of if a completely new server would have a sustainable player base, assuming a large chunk of the current blue population remains on blue. If given a choice to remain and get "phat lewtz" in Velious with any of their 5 60 alts, or start from scratch, I have a feeling a good number would choose to remain and collect shiny pixels for each of their 5 60 alts.

OTOH if the only choices were to start over or quit, I think that would increase the population of the new server significantly to a more sustainable level. And these would be people who enjoy the entire game, from the low level grind all the way up, which is the type of player I remember most from the classic days. The hardcore end-gamers still had a presence obviously, but nothing like on this server. Just look at the ridiculous raiding rules that have been implemented to alleviate the end-game issues on blue and that tells you all you really need to know. It's nothing like classic at all.

fishingme
03-10-2015, 12:59 PM

That's true, some blues will go to red but that's not a bad thing because there wouldn't be much more than 150-200 blue players that would go there. Also, don't need a bunch of red players on the beta server. There probably would be a point where red would need to be taken down also but it wouldn't be right off the bat. Yep, wiping blue would be great, would change the raid scene from "look how quick i can log onto my 60 alt parked at trak to actually having to race for the mob.

fishingme
03-10-2015, 01:01 PM

Hard to do when only 1 out of 10 players is untwinked

Schwing
03-10-2015, 01:15 PM
How does that make it hard to do?

fishingme
03-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I hear what you are saying on the release timeline and it's a valid point. However, it's not 1999 anyone and there are real negatives to this idea too.

Let's have a quick look at what a wipe might look like. The server gets wiped while they finalize Velious. Right now, at primetime about 1500 people are online, with the launch of Velious coming perhaps even more might be interested in playing but let's just assume it's 1500-ish. So ... Day 1, 1500 people roll a newbie and get out to their respective newbie areas to level up. What could go wrong? Hmmmm, how about a week (at least) of a cluster f$%@ lag fest in every newbie area in Norrath? 300 people in Gfay, etc. etc. where everyone is trying to tag a large bat the second it pops to level up and get out to someplace better. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who rolled a toon the first few days when they launched the classic server on EQ Live years ago. It was unplayable for days.

Meanwhile, the serious hardcores are on a 20 hour a day marathon for a week straight, living on a diet of red bull, 5-hour energy and meth while they race to level ahead of the masses.

3-4 months later the ubers are all at 60 (again) locking down all the classic content worth doing. ok, maybe it's 6 months before it's the same thing we have now .... IDK but it gives a window of months, at best, before everything is back to normal.

What might actually solve some of the current problems is Luclin (yea, i know it's never going to be launched). the reason is, with Luclin there is even more content, all the best items are no-drop and the game doesn't end at 60 anymore with AA advancement. In Luclin you have people playing their mains XP-ing in high level areas to get AA and there is much less incentive to camp many old world items that are heavily camped today because people can get better items and they need to be earnign AAs to be effective on raids.

That's my take on it anyway, but others may disagree. The opinion of the Developers is all that matters anyway. Maybe a compromise is launch a fresh server?

Okay, since you've hit the negatives of a wipe I'll toss in some positives

All RMT plat will be wiped
Due to your join date on the forums I'm going to assume that you werent around for people legally selling their accounts for plat, so, People won't have 10+ accounts with cleric rez sticks and whatever, yes, you probably don't have 10 accounts with a 60 on each but a lot of people from the older guilds do not just because of bought accounts but because when people quit, they give theirs away.
People won't have millions of platinum
I'd imagine at least some of the hardcore players will be casual instead of hardcore
not every one of the people with multiple 60s leveled at the same rate they've just been here longer (server has been up for 5+ years)
No duped platinum, technically blue server is beta
We will be a much better ruleset put in place instead of one that's just been added to that is not classic
Items like pre-nerf fungi staff and manastone will be back in the game to be camped by a new playerbase instead of the 200-250 people we had camping them back at server's beginning.

Now to what you've said

Yeah, gfay will be a sh*t storm, but I think you forget that there's more places to level than just Gfay/CB, For instance qeynos, qeynos hills, Nro, blackburrow, Butcherblock(remember chessboard?), West karana, North karana, everfrost, permafrost, Runnyeye. Those are just some of the alternatives for 1-20.

Serious hardcores, okay, so what they seriously hardcored once before on blue 99 who cares.
If you can't achieve 1-60 in 4-6months, don't whine about others that can, the point of a wipe isn't necessarily to fix raiding. You want another rotation then do another rotation and you'll get your dragon mobs.

But the original reason why I suggested a wipe was because launching a new server has been brought up but people (mostly tmo/bda) didn't like the idea, along with some of the normal player base because they're afraid that too many casuals would change servers which at that point they would essentially lose their years of slaving themselves to a video game to become wealthy inside of it. Reality of the situation is that P99 was most fun to play when the player base was between 300-600 players. With a new wipe or server, you would even seen less duo's/trios because no twink gear for a duo/trio means sitting down for 5-10minutes after every 2-3 kills. What would be okay is at a certain point into the wipe's life say 4 months down the line, that there is a group bonus like red, but not as significant as red's to promote grouping instead of duos/trios.

fishingme
03-10-2015, 01:39 PM
How does that make it hard to do?

Well, I make a newbie druid and I'm placed in gfay, I fight with my *club until i can afford a small round shield from a merchant. I obtain lvl 9 and get some awesome new spells after which I roll into CB to where I find a warrior twink and a monk twink both not grouped destroying the entire zone. I run over to slavers, oh damn it's all dead, well I decide to go to trainer hill, Oh all dead... I run over to the castle just for shits and giggles, oh castle is completely depoped, I run up through the tower and hop out of the tower, I land on a freshly repopped Orc Warlord and die while the twink who recently killed the castle area is running back.

Loading please wait....

Lorian
03-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Well, I make a newbie druid and I'm placed in gfay, I fight with my *club until i can afford a small round shield from a merchant. I obtain lvl 9 and get some awesome new spells after which I roll into CB to where I find a warrior twink and a monk twink both not grouped destroying the entire zone. I run over to slavers, oh damn it's all dead, well I decide to go to trainer hill, Oh all dead... I run over to the castle just for shits and giggles, oh castle is completely depoped, I run up through the tower and hop out of the tower, I land on a freshly repopped Orc Warlord and die while the twink who recently killed the castle area is running back.

Loading please wait....

Not sure I agree. Im a newbie myself and I'd say that if you are lv 9 you probably saved enough plat by selling CB belts to get yourself a decent weapon and some basic gear to get your mana pool up a bit. You dont have to have a higher alt farming stuff to have good gear on p99, when gear is sold for peanut money even the noobest of noobs can be competative. At least that is my feeling.

fishingme
03-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Not sure I agree. Im a newbie myself and I'd say that if you are lv 9 you probably saved enough plat by selling CB belts to get yourself a decent weapon and some basic gear to get your mana pool up a bit. You dont have to have a higher alt farming stuff to have good gear on p99, when gear is sold for peanut money even the noobest of noobs can be competative. At least that is my feeling.

Id check this in game myself if I had p99 on this laptop, but that's a lot of cb belts by lvl 9 just for your spells. Then it's about an equal amount of belts for the patchwork armor from the belt turn in in kaladim. At any rate, I'm talking about twinks that have more than 2-4k in their gear. A lvl 9 druid isn't going to be making that kind of platinum, lets see, I'd say a newbie druid in gfay could at most make 200-300 plat, with deals in EC and not being a person who buys low sells high, you could only hope to get 4-5 pieces of gear that have wisdom on it, depending on what the prices of the items im thinking of are going for right now. So let's say that's a maximum of about 15 wisdom points for that much platinum. Now lets look at the normal twink, mostly in plate armor, fbss, good weapons for their specific class, about 200 HP solely due to +hp items.

Teneran
03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Okay, since you've hit the negatives of a wipe I'll toss in some positives

All RMT plat will be wiped
Due to your join date on the forums I'm going to assume that you werent around for people legally selling their accounts for plat, so, People won't have 10+ accounts with cleric rez sticks and whatever, yes, you probably don't have 10 accounts with a 60 on each but a lot of people from the older guilds do not just because of bought accounts but because when people quit, they give theirs away.
People won't have millions of platinum
I'd imagine at least some of the hardcore players will be casual instead of hardcore
not every one of the people with multiple 60s leveled at the same rate they've just been here longer (server has been up for 5+ years)
No duped platinum, technically blue server is beta
We will be a much better ruleset put in place instead of one that's just been added to that is not classic
Items like pre-nerf fungi staff and manastone will be back in the game to be camped by a new playerbase instead of the 200-250 people we had camping them back at server's beginning.

Now to what you've said

Yeah, gfay will be a sh*t storm, but I think you forget that there's more places to level than just Gfay/CB, For instance qeynos, qeynos hills, Nro, blackburrow, Butcherblock(remember chessboard?), West karana, North karana, everfrost, permafrost, Runnyeye. Those are just some of the alternatives for 1-20.

Serious hardcores, okay, so what they seriously hardcored once before on blue 99 who cares.
If you can't achieve 1-60 in 4-6months, don't whine about others that can, the point of a wipe isn't necessarily to fix raiding. You want another rotation then do another rotation and you'll get your dragon mobs.

But the original reason why I suggested a wipe was because launching a new server has been brought up but people (mostly tmo/bda) didn't like the idea, along with some of the normal player base because they're afraid that too many casuals would change servers which at that point they would essentially lose their years of slaving themselves to a video game to become wealthy inside of it. Reality of the situation is that P99 was most fun to play when the player base was between 300-600 players. With a new wipe or server, you would even seen less duo's/trios because no twink gear for a duo/trio means sitting down for 5-10minutes after every 2-3 kills. What would be okay is at a certain point into the wipe's life say 4 months down the line, that there is a group bonus like red, but not as significant as red's to promote grouping instead of duos/trios.

All good points, there are certainly positives to the negatives. But even if the population does explore every newbie area in the game the first week of a wipe is going to suck. But it's just a week or so, so be it. And if the server gets wiped I'll probably just start over (or not), I won't have any nerd rage over it.

And correct, i just started in December and have a main of level 34 (and one account). I'm a professional engineer and have a few hours a few nights a week to play and a bit more on weekends. I'll never have an impressively geared character or much plat, just here to have fun. I am not even that interested in buying gear with plat i earn in game, I'm enjoying looting gear and questing it myself but I may buy a few peices here and there someday.

I do disagree with you about the inability to play here untwinked, mainly because I have done it. Sure, I'm wearing a raw silk robe right now but so what? i can still participate and do ok. it is harder with a pure melee class though, I get that. But as a caster or priest class it's very doable. I'd rather have an undergeared cleric who knows what he's doing and paying attention in my group than someone who is twinked who is afk have the time and surfing the internet the other half, and for the record I have definitely encountered the later.

Oh, and i certainly wasn't whining about what people can acheieve, I was responding to the person who suggested a wipe in order to fix the broken raid scene. personally i doubt i will ever raid and certainly am not in competition to achieve what someone else can in a 16 year old computer game.

salimoneus
03-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Oh, and i certainly wasn't whining about what people can acheieve, I was responding to the person who suggested a wipe in order to fix the broken raid scene. personally i doubt i will ever raid and certainly am not in competition to achieve what someone else can in a 16 year old computer game.

The broken raid scene isn't the only thing that would be improved, there are many other positive things that could come as have been mentioned by others, but the raid scene does seem to be the most obviously broken and visible aspect of the current server. Like you said, you can still XP and find places to group at lower levels, even if the other 5 members of your group are twinked with 50k worth of gear.

I just see entering Velious with the current fleet of alt armies and high level geared toons as going in on easy mode, and continuing down the road of a non-classic experience. In comparison, on some live servers VP was barely even being farmed by the time Velious dropped. On this server, VP has been farmed for how many years now? I just don't see why anyone looking for a true classic experience would want to enter Velious so overpowered, it doesn't seem in the spirit of what Project 1999 is about.

HalflingWarrior
03-10-2015, 07:26 PM
The broken raid scene isn't the only thing that would be improved, there are many other positive things that could come as have been mentioned by others, but the raid scene does seem to be the most obviously broken and visible aspect of the current server. Like you said, you can still XP and find places to group at lower levels, even if the other 5 members of your group are twinked with 50k worth of gear.

I just see entering Velious with the current fleet of alt armies and high level geared toons as going in on easy mode, and continuing down the road of a non-classic experience. In comparison, on some live servers VP was barely even being farmed by the time Velious dropped. On this server, VP has been farmed for how many years now? I just don't see why anyone looking for a true classic experience would want to enter Velious so overpowered, it doesn't seem in the spirit of what Project 1999 is about.

This would be my only real argument against the current state of the server

On my server, Tallon Zek, I don't believe any one of the top three guilds had killed a single dragon in VP before Velious released; and Velious was still conquerable.

Not only do we have immense amounts of knowledge regarding the Velious expansion now, that we didn't have back then, we also have entire guilds full of mains AND alts that are fully VP-geared at this point.

Velious is gonna be conquered very quickly would be my estimation!

fishingme
03-10-2015, 09:49 PM
All good points, there are certainly positives to the negatives. But even if the population does explore every newbie area in the game the first week of a wipe is going to suck. But it's just a week or so, so be it. And if the server gets wiped I'll probably just start over (or not), I won't have any nerd rage over it.

And correct, i just started in December and have a main of level 34 (and one account). I'm a professional engineer and have a few hours a few nights a week to play and a bit more on weekends. I'll never have an impressively geared character or much plat, just here to have fun. I am not even that interested in buying gear with plat i earn in game, I'm enjoying looting gear and questing it myself but I may buy a few peices here and there someday.

I do disagree with you about the inability to play here untwinked, mainly because I have done it. Sure, I'm wearing a raw silk robe right now but so what? i can still participate and do ok. it is harder with a pure melee class though, I get that. But as a caster or priest class it's very doable. I'd rather have an undergeared cleric who knows what he's doing and paying attention in my group than someone who is twinked who is afk have the time and surfing the internet the other half, and for the record I have definitely encountered the later.

If there would be a wipe, sure the first week will feel like the first week that original EQ came out. That's not really a bad thing. You can disagree with me all you would like about playing here untwinked, you're practically a newborn here since you started in december, you're experiencing p99 for the first time. I've been here since the start of the server, believe me when I say there's a difference in the level of fun/classic between starting a new character that is in nothing but rags but seeing others who are twinked every 30 feet to starting in rags and seeing everybody else in the same.

Teneran
03-11-2015, 10:47 AM
If there would be a wipe, sure the first week will feel like the first week that original EQ came out. That's not really a bad thing. You can disagree with me all you would like about playing here untwinked, you're practically a newborn here since you started in december, you're experiencing p99 for the first time. I've been here since the start of the server, believe me when I say there's a difference in the level of fun/classic between starting a new character that is in nothing but rags but seeing others who are twinked every 30 feet to starting in rags and seeing everybody else in the same.

I congratulate you for being on P99 from the beginning. However, I played live like everyone else, so you don't need to explain the game to me or what it's like to play without twinks. Sure, I'm new to P99 but not EQ. When I played live there were not twinks like there are now, I experienced all that just like you did. But thanks for explaining it all, none of us that are newer here had any idea what the original game was like. The bottom line is you can play here untwinked right now and have fun if you want to. Maybe you can't but it's possible for some people to do it.

And a wipe would not be like when the original EQ came out because at orginal launch most people had no idea what the game content was; sure maybe a few people did beta but most were clueless. This time you would have a very large number of people all starting at the same time who knew exactly what to do,where to go, etc.

salimoneus
03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
And a wipe would not be like when the original EQ came out because at orginal launch most people had no idea what the game content was; sure maybe a few people did beta but most were clueless. This time you would have a very large number of people all starting at the same time who knew exactly what to do,where to go, etc.

I think it's safe to say that most players on P99 have at least some experience on the original, with most being in the more experienced camp. I don't think anyone suggested that a wipe would be some magical time machine back to when it was all noobs, so I'm not sure what your angle is with that argument because this seems fairly obvious to me.

What can be done though is to create the most classic experience possible, and if everyone was in cloth with rusty short swords, regardless of experience, it would go a long way towards that goal. That's great you enjoy playing with a bunch of lower level twinks, but again it's not classic.

And I still haven't heard anyone comment on why they would want to enter Velious basically in ez mode with a bunch of overgeared 60s. Oh that's right you aren't interested in the end game raiding. Which to me sorta limits the credibility of your arguments because you are dismissing a major aspect of the game.

fishingme
03-11-2015, 01:10 PM
I congratulate you for being on P99 from the beginning. However, I played live like everyone else, so you don't need to explain the game to me or what it's like to play without twinks. Sure, I'm new to P99 but not EQ. When I played live there were not twinks like there are now, I experienced all that just like you did. But thanks for explaining it all, none of us that are newer here had any idea what the original game was like. The bottom line is you can play here untwinked right now and have fun if you want to. Maybe you can't but it's possible for some people to do it.

People in the original beta had a leg up on those who weren't.

Teneran
03-11-2015, 10:26 PM
I think it's safe to say that most players on P99 have at least some experience on the original, with most being in the more experienced camp. I don't think anyone suggested that a wipe would be some magical time machine back to when it was all noobs, so I'm not sure what your angle is with that argument because this seems fairly obvious to me.

What can be done though is to create the most classic experience possible, and if everyone was in cloth with rusty short swords, regardless of experience, it would go a long way towards that goal. That's great you enjoy playing with a bunch of lower level twinks, but again it's not classic.

And I still haven't heard anyone comment on why they would want to enter Velious basically in ez mode with a bunch of overgeared 60s. Oh that's right you aren't interested in the end game raiding. Which to me sorta limits the credibility of your arguments because you are dismissing a major aspect of the game.

High end game raiding was never really a major part of the game, it was high profile but the vast majority of players never did it. You saying it's major doesn't make it so. And for the record, I raided in a guild that did all the high end Velious, Luclin and PoP content. But my guildmates and I were a very small minority of players. How many people out of the entire playerbase every set foot in Vex Thal or the Plane of Time? 2%? 5%?

My thoughts have the same credibility of everyone else's on this thread; exactly zero. The only opinion that matters at all is the Developers of this Project.

I actually don't mind at all if they wipe the server, I have very little to personally lose. I was just pointing out that it's not really going to solve anything in the end. I'm done doing that.

Cheers.

Vilkata
03-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Was the Beta pushed off a cliff? Cant find it.

wycca
03-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Beta up!!!

Celticgirl
03-13-2015, 03:39 PM
HI all, I am new to P99, I want to thank those involved with the creation and development for giving us a chance to relive 1999 EQ. I have been reading about a wipe of the server, I don't quite understand why that is necessary; doesn't live EQ just make an expansion live when they come out?
I have started 2 characters they are only level 10, and I have really enjoyed the classic experience, but if the server is going to be wiped what is the use of going any further?
RL time is valuable it just doesn't make sense to put in countless game hours just to see your efforts dashed in a second.

Oleris
03-13-2015, 08:23 PM
Can we get any more info on anything else that needs testing?

monti
03-15-2015, 03:46 AM
You can either:

1) Wipe server
2) Reroll at Velious release
3) Maintain current blue with Kunark only, but release a second server with Kunark and Velious.

Limerence
03-15-2015, 07:45 AM
Is there a poll somewhere on the server wipe topic?

Jaleth
03-15-2015, 08:47 AM
I don't think there will be a wipe on this server, though I wouldn't care if they did. But they should also remove expansions and add classic items that were removed (manastone, rubicite, etc..) according the patches from the original game, like they have done all along. Release content like expansions and fixes as the game was suppose to progress, again like they have been doing. Just don't wipe it and keep Kunark, Velious and any items from those expansions, even no Iksar as a playable race. You want to make it fair and classic, wipe and just make it classic and expand as properly as possible.

Vilkata
03-15-2015, 09:43 AM
I think they should quit they're jobs, open 50 servers and cater to my every need.

Tegellan
03-15-2015, 11:42 AM
I am pretty sure they have said multiple times there will never be a server wipe here.
People want to know that the hard work they put into the game pays off.

My only wish would be that they could stop the zerg of alts everyone has.
If they could somehow wipe all the alts and let everyone keep a main, that would be a perfect world. I have 3 level 60s and 4 other toons 56+ and I would have no problem if they nuked all but my main.

very few people were able to maintain so many toons. The gameplay here is far different then it was on live simply because of the number of alts people have access too. Mobilization is not a factor here. it is more about who camps out at the right place and can log in faster then who can assemble a raid from all over the world or pick one priority mob to go for.

KAELZ
03-19-2015, 05:45 PM
will the plane of Mischief be the original one located in NToV?

maskedmelon
03-20-2015, 11:02 AM
You can either:

1) Wipe server
2) Reroll at Velious release
3) Maintain current blue with Kunark only, but release a second server with Kunark and Velious.

3 seems odd to me. I'd see it making more sense to release a Velious here and launch new classic server.

Ele
03-20-2015, 11:33 AM
will the plane of Mischief be the original one located in NToV?

Yes. Currently accessible for testing via NToV castle nook or by asking the teleporter gnome in Nro/Thurgadin "mischiefplane". Come release PoM will only be accessible via NToV.

The content inside PoM will be as original as it can be with what information is available.

Larken
03-20-2015, 01:19 PM

I'm new to Project1999 but an old classic EQ player 1999-2003 and I totally agree that a wipe would do more harm than good. There's nothing better and healthier for a server and the players to start out fresh, especially with the above arguments. I vote YES! (For whatever it's worth) :)

Messianic
03-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Good god shut up about wiping. They're not doing it.

Go wipe yourselves.

kaev
03-21-2015, 12:11 AM

Go wipe yourselves.

A bit rude, but accurate and verging on pithy. All things considered I give this post an A-.

Larken
03-21-2015, 12:47 AM

Go wipe yourselves.

Oh touchy subject, sorry didn't mean to offend, I guess this must have been debated to death by now then....

Has there been any discussion about adding a new server if population keeps increasing? (I'm not trying to offend, just want to learn as much as possible of the state of affairs on Porject1999 before committing endless hours to my beloved EQ again).

Madbad
03-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Probably no new server until after Velious is completely done. Server staff have stated a number of times that they will never wipe though.

shaagul
03-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Looks like it pretty much done. Are the removing the class penalties and the enchanter enchanted bar reagents for brellium?

Thulack
03-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Oh touchy subject, sorry didn't mean to offend, I guess this must have been debated to death by now then....

Has there been any discussion about adding a new server if population keeps increasing? (I'm not trying to offend, just want to learn as much as possible of the state of affairs on Porject1999 before committing endless hours to my beloved EQ again).

Using the search feature correctly could probably help you in answering the questions you have.

KENAK
03-23-2015, 06:32 AM
I think a wipe would go against the spirit of the game, however I am all for a second blue server going up; maybe like the progression server from Live and where Kunark and Velious are not unlocked from the start. If population ever becomes an issue, I'd assume they could always either do a cap on the number of players or merge the servers if numbers fall off too much.

Ele
03-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Looks like it pretty much done. Are the removing the class penalties and the enchanter enchanted bar reagents for brellium?

Within the appropriate patch timeline. Should be a couple months after release.

Nirgon
03-23-2015, 11:17 AM
I tested Velious beta and all I got was this lousy final push thread

pink grapefruit
03-23-2015, 03:38 PM

They've said they have plans for a PvP teams server once Velious is released.

Rushmore
03-23-2015, 09:33 PM
They've said they have plans for a PvP teams server once Velious is released.

Yeah and kunark been out for 3+ years!? Still no velious :cool: