PDA

View Full Version : A connection to the server could not be reached

Eider85
03-03-2015, 07:56 AM
I installed EQEmu some months ago on partition E: (windows is/was installed on a different partition ( C: )). Because of computer becoming very slow I decided to reinstall my Windows 7 64bit on C: a few weeks ago. Now for some reason I cant log into the game anymore.

I made a shortcut of Launch Titanium.exe and put it on desktop, I start the program and get to loggin screen where I put in my user name and password but it wont connect. I tried disabling windows firewall to try logg in but that didnt help either.

Is it due to a fresh windows install (even if windows is on a different partition) thats causing this issue ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok being abit jumpy into making a new thread i didnt read the "read before posting" before making this post. However after reading this i tried some of the steps in that FAQ but it didnt help.

I followed steps from: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94928 ( I skipped motherboard drivers since I just did a fresh Windows install and they are all updated)

These are the steps I followed:

"Tried running Everquest using eqgame.exe. In order to do this, find eqgame.exe in your everquest folder, right click on it and hit "send to desktop(create shortcut)"

Once you've made the shortcut, right click on it and select properties. In the Target line, make sure it looks like this:
"C:\your eq folder extension\eqgame.exe" patchme

It wouldnt let me add " patchme after installation path text but other then that text was correct

The patchme part is required, or you won't be able to run the game using this file.

After doing this, make sure you're running it in compatibility mode (probably window xp sp2) and that it's being run as an administrator. This will solve a lot of problems before they crop up.

Lastly, please be sure your eqhost.txt file (located in your everquest folder) has the following in it (and ONLY this, you can edit it using notepad):

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

This file already had the correct text in it

Save and close. That's it! This will allow you to connect to the correct login server (instead of Sony's) and see all the EQEmu servers!

Please help! :)